Make $80,000 a year

>make $80,000 a year
>still can't afford to live in a 1 bedroom apartment

i love the bay area

Attached: 1463734053_467320_1463734458_noticia_normal.jpg (980x769, 141K)

Other urls found in this thread:

businessinsider.com/why-google-employees-live-in-the-parking-lot-2015-10
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>not starting your own software company

so? Just sleep in your cubicle; that way you aren't late for work and you avoided traffic! Why does anybody need a home if most of our adult lives are spent working? Seems like a waste to me.

>the future we chose

I make 55k in my area, can't afford shit for rent.

Every major city is charging $1200-$1300 at least for rent.

>inb4 rural cucks "hurr just move to Gary Indiana and work at McDonalds"
>"hurr why cant everyone just work at my dads roofing company"

Stop being so entitled, you incels :^)

Its funny because $80k used to be a decent salary! Moved out of silicon valley 15 years ago and haven't looked back.

Yea the good ol' days sure were great! Oh well just gotta work harder.

80k 15 years ago is 120k today adjusted for inflation.

I make 70k and rent is $673/month in Tulsa. Come friend.

This picture proves that the Patriarchy controls info/technology.

Attached: 1479541276991.jpg (826x1000, 133K)

I live in a plywood storage shed in someone's backyard with no plumbing no toilet no shower. I pay 50$ a month rent and half the electric bill. I'm so poor I can't even afford to rent a room even though I live in a black ghetto in Virginia.

What do you do for work

dooktato ac

Attached: dooktato ac.jpg (768x1280, 97K)

considering moving there

potential offer is around 320K

Fuck up bitch you've never had any decent pussy you little piece of shit. Fuckin' low IQ faggot has nothing but mom jokes and Judaic whinging.

Attached: image.jpg (400x400, 178K)

Sheet

businessinsider.com/why-google-employees-live-in-the-parking-lot-2015-10

Pretty absurd given computer programming can be done anywhere. There is no natural resource that makes the bay area important for tech.

Seattle is basically this but for white people

renting a room in a shared appartment is minimum 900 bucks here. A 1 room, as in literally 1 room, starts at minimum 1200 USD a month. The average salary is 48.000 USD a year, before the states take half of it, 46% taxes. Yay Denmark.

>all wearing the same shirt
Why?

I think there is a word for this, it's called slavery.

Google starts new grads at 200k now

This, just tell them you're a recovering druggy who needs help. Of course, don't do drugs and you're raking in the big neet bucks.

if you are young do it. get roomates

Bring a sleeping bag to Starbucks

Attached: 1500564176743.png (541x498, 463K)

i make 24.000€ a year and my rent is 370. small appartment but very nice area.

What the fuck
I make 1200per year as a programmer here

Moving to Indiana to find a job isn't a bad idea. You cucks thinking that it's horrible is the reason why you can't afford rent while making 80k.

Tulsa sucks. Too many nogs

thats being modern rome for ya

No you fucking moron, I'm saying you should only pay the minimum on your mortage if you are investing the difference. Expected return on the stock market over 20+ year periods is likely to be far more than 4%(CAGR stabilizes at nearly 9% pre-inflation).

Of course, that's only IF you are investing the difference, and not being a stupid consumerist shithole spending it all, but if you are an investor, the difference between paying off a mortgage at these rates vs. paying the minimum and investing the excess is tens to hundreds of thousands of dollars.

Warren Buffett kept a 30 year mortgage.

Poor poo

Warren Butt-fet huehue

>when you complain about living beyond your means

Is this really a thread? Fuck this dumb earth.

I'm an engineer and make 85k and it is shit pay these days. I can barely afford to save anything and I get worked like a dog. I make less than teachers and chefs now.

for 320 a year you can afford to move there and save money. get a shitty and "cheap" one bedroom apt for 2k a month and save like a motherfucker.

>own all local property
>promote huge salaries bringing the best people from all the country
>get the money right back by forcing them to hire your overpriced apartments

lolol

Attached: orson welles rage laugh.jpg (365x450, 41K)

>a year
post discarded

When will your delusional americunts stop dreaming in yearly wages when you
1. get paid monthly or weekly
2. probably won't last through the probation

you can leave whenever you want. No one told you to live there.

Hahahaha faggot. I live in Lodi. Just passing stockton. It is super nice. Lots of white people but there is also a shit ton of muslims and pakis everywheres >.

like the dutch do with polaks

Wrong. Its $97k at 2% inflation.

you are clearly bad with money or live in california. stop complaining faggot. i'm 36 and make about 28k a year after taxes. i don't want to hear you bitch and moan.

>probably won't last through the probation
I've never seen software hire get fired within a year, maybe at startups, but at corps where the pay is good they stay forever

>make $70k in an expensive as fuck city
>have my own apartment
>still easily save $2k/month

how do you normies fuck this up?

stop exaggerating.Did you ever stop and think that you don't make more than a low income family to move into a house by yourself? You might have to live in the ghetto until you get a sugar daddy.

If everybody in that pic were thrown into a volcano, society would only improve.

i love when these califags move to rural midwest. my coworkers and i could spot this dude out of place a mile away. he was all "touching meat is icky". hilarious. we mocked him into killing himself. one less blue voter around here! and thats a good thing

I live in upstate New York and make about 70k a year and my rent is 1k. Taxes fucking sucks but its nice without any of (((them))) to cause crime.

Transmission line engineer for a large power company.

An ex student of my college worked 5 years in USA making 90.000 as an engineer literally living with less than 1000 a month (nearly as a hobo) and now he lives like a king here with a real big house, a sport car and semi retired

>its a free country
>patents/copyright

Bullshit!! My whole family are teachers. My uncle barely started making 80k a year. He's been a teacher for about 10 years now. My aunt makes around 25k as a substitute i believe. You make way more than a teacher Bob.

buying things that they don't need

Attached: latest.jpg (712x422, 42K)

Are you trying to turn Tulsa into the next Austin? I don't want a bunch of liberal faggots moving here.

>$80,000 a year

What are you a fucking janitor or something?

I'm surprised companies like google don't offer dormitories as a perk. They offer every other amenity you need to live there. If you're a single person trying to work there a few years and then take your money and run it would be a pretty sweet deal.

lol janitor its called boomers taking a 500k salary and give you pennies for the money we make them.

Kek, what shithole do you live in? I got an entry level offer for $100k when I graduated four years ago in the Bay Area

this, lol

Are you tripping?? That is a lot. A janitor probably makes around 14-18k??

>100k in the bay area

about as much as someone making 40k in texas

chicago area, this is after 8 years experience and a masters degree too

They *do* offer housing assistance, and companies like FB are trying to build homes for their employees near their campus. The problem is fucking NIMBYs trying to protect their home values after being suckered into a $3mil mortgage on a 2bdr home.

I worked as a janitor fresh out of high school. I worked part time at $14 hour. That was like 10 years ago. In the summers I would work for ABM cleaning carpets, I made $16 there because nobody likes to work from 5 AM to 2PM.

Almost certainly there are regulations against that too.
Not that they'd be enforced if it was kept lowkey.

>The problem is fucking NIMBYs trying to protect their home values after being suckered into a $3mil mortgage on a 2bdr home.
Nothing the Top Jews on the Faceberg law team can't handle I'm sure.

Once the next recession hits, Chicago is going down the tubes and taking the whole state of Illinois with it.

Jesus nigga, leave Richmond. None of the jobs pay enough there to afford rent. Get a job in (((NOVA))) and live with the Spics for a while until you can move up.

>sell your soul to evil megacorporation
>still can't afford to live in a 1 bedroom apartment

>Chicago
Pick a coast and move, you are being underpayed severely. I don't even have a masters yet.

It's called commuting, everyone does it. I live an hour away. So I get bay area salary with significantly lower housing costs. I *could* live comfortably in SF but I don't want to blow 30% of my income on rent and that city is a shell of it's former glory. Fucking homeless shitting and pissing everywhere.

it can't happen soon enough

>make 80g's a year
>cant pay someone else to find your chin
poor guy on the right

This. Leave while you can

Attached: 1498438078951.jpg (800x820, 156K)

This, or DC. If you can get a security clearance, gov. contractor jobs start at like $100k.

How do you get a job in a place you don't currently live in? I want to move but I don't want to move without a job lined up. But I haven't gotten any responses to job applications I've submitted and I think it's because they see on my resume I live like 200 miles away.

So you're a lineman?

That's not very much for that line of work

Aaaaahhhh Californie! The place you ought not be.

The price you pay for being a hipster faggot.

>dont mention location on resume
>apply to more places (like hundreds per month)
>if its a small startup, just call their office and ask questions about the job so they can remember your name when going through resumes

Honestly I've always just moved somewhere I want to work with a few months of savings and started there. You won't ever get anywhere without taking risks, and the looming threat of homelessness really puts you in survival mode.

Try commuting like the rest of us fgt. I moved up here and was earning 40k living with roommates. Built my career, now I'm making 6 figures and have my own place 2 miles from my office.

>0648▶
>How do you get a job in a place you don't currently live in? I want

I have a coworker at my current job (niche specialty of healthcare) which interviewed and got the job from Australia.

If it's a 'real' job, where you aren't disposable because your field is saturated, typically companies understand that not everybody lives in a 50 mile radius of their office.

That's just my experience though.

My dad, graduated STEM in mid-late 80s. His starting salary was 45k.

Today it is the same. Yet price of everything has quadrupled.

Don't listen to these fucking boomers and shills that are telling you to just "suck it up". I know a boomer at my last job who told me he could buy a brand new car and pay it off in 2-3 months. He'd buy a new one every year for work because they were so cheap.

Isn't an address pretty standard on the top of a resume, along with an email and phone number?

>starting 45k

Maybe for fucking IT or something useless. Even code monkeys who finish a 3 month bootcamp can land some bullshit web developer position paying 80-90k. Move to the coast, middle America is a fucking desert.

The cars were cheap but they were also pieces of shit. It would be a miracle if a car made in the 70s-80s could last over 100k miles without major problems

No, just put the email and phone number. Why the fuck would you put your address in a resume?

That's like european shit, including a photo of yourself or something.

living in the most prosperous society the world has ever seen and still bitch about it

Too many poojeets.

Praise JESUS CHRIST!

i pocket $3100 a month, pay $850 for a 2bed 1bth and save $1k per month.

No debt, $36K in checking........

Commuters need to pay the same (or whichever is higher) property taxes as the people that live in the area they work. You're essentially dodging taxes.

I'd be happier if taxes were abolished and we only used tariffs for foreign (and maybe between-state) sales. But since we are currently stuck paying taxes, any means to exploit the system hurts those that don't.

An address isn't standard on a resume at all, but job applications usually ask for a home address.

What backwards state do you live in? Here in CA it's pretty common for most people to commute to the bay, for the very reason that houses are a quarter of the price just an hour outside.

Property taxes are determine by the value of your home and your municipality/state.

(*__*)7

Most people commute because most people are trying to dodge taxes. Moron.

I'm sorry you're too fucking stupid to put two and two together.

If you live somewhere with lower property taxes and then commute to work in a place with high property taxes to avoid paying higher property taxes you're dodging taxes.

M8 not everywhere is Gary, Indiana outside of CA or some big city. They just want you to think that so you keep overspending on this shit.

I'm impressed user. I hope you're a white supremacist.

Attached: xmev24ygpu9wkned9f7z.jpg (800x450, 14K)