Brexit Brits have stopped learning foreign languages

British government has severely limited the language learning luicenses post Brexit.

Attached: A77C1658-03CD-411F-A003-132822B52430.jpg (1258x1257, 506K)

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/T4z6q
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>be me
>pro brexit
>learning japanese

>linguaphobic
>hardened monolingual attitudes

what?

Attached: Screenshot_2.jpg (878x652, 142K)

Say something in Japanese and it cannot be Banzai or Harakiri.

"Are you American" would be pronounced "america jin des ka"

"watashi natsu hoshi" is "I want summer"

Very basic level at the moment as I've literally just started.

>inb4 weeb

Anata ga Igirisu hitonaraba, nihongo o manabu koto wa amari kashikokunai

Moe: "Ohh, Mr. fancy man, a garage..."
Homer: "Well, what do you call it?"
Moe: "I call it a carhole."

>Implying Brits have ever bother learning forgien languages
The decline is becuase it used to mandatory in alot of schools to do a forgien language

why do we need to learn euro pleb languages for? you cucked and learned ours lmao

Based.

Europeans are proud of having to learn English, a mark of being subservient to a superior race. Pathetic.

Attached: 24EAF00E-6FA1-4204-AF56-B120296B35E6.jpg (655x585, 95K)

There are more Chinese uni students learning German than English. The Chinese know that German has a future.

ونبع نفطهم أبعت

Attached: 13F6C373-BF9E-4DEE-B2AC-5ACD12A7F5AA.jpg (732x493, 64K)

As opposed to English which will fall into obscurity right
The USA will just poof out of existence

está bien

>phobia
Really sick of them making these things up to shame normal people. They're legitimately Europhobic.

But seriously why bother learning other languages when your phone can just translate for you?

Based UK brothers not bothering to learn another language. I wish we were seen as smart like you guys, Euros bully us for not learning another language cus they think were too dumb to do so, instead of the real reason, which is we don't care enough to

Why would I learn German when you all speak my language?

Attached: 1463227451597.jpg (677x380, 30K)

I’d have an interest if all the other countries were attractive to go and live in. Why learn German when all Germans are lefty faggots

There are unironically continental countries that have 95% proficiency in English.

Forever in our shadow lmao

Attached: 35E811F1-7DF2-495D-9739-FACCBEB423B1.jpg (675x496, 108K)

Oi m8 you gotta loicense to claim that language

I have no intention of ever leaving England, and anyone who comes here and who speaks to me should be expected to speak to me in English.

Everyone knows a few broken words of English in China.

But if you want to do business, you need to really master a language. And that... in China, is German.

Attached: DD5EAB15-5F1D-4209-9A2A-613D0CBB474F.jpg (600x900, 120K)

>UK doesn't even have a nationalist party
Oh no no no no
Hahaha

Attached: 1527523346526.png (682x624, 24K)

Except for the Refugees Welcome T-shirt, this is a rather good depiction.

Any proofs? I'm interested

You should learn Arabic or whatever Pakis talk to be able to communicate in your capital.

Most languages are pretty shit, especially the ones learnt at school.

Spanish sounds and is just pure shit.
French is shit, but it sounds alright.
German is decent, but the cases are god fucking awful.

The only language they're going to need to learn to function in the EU or Britain in the next 20 years is Arabic.

Don't Pakis speak Urdu or some shit

How so?

Attached: 1527529195979.png (413x821, 184K)

It's only spoken in Qingdao. English is more popular in China for obvious reasons. Also, English is closer to Mandarin than German, as English is an analytical language.

Don´t ask me man does my flag look british? I have yet to see a paki irl

>British government has severely limited the language learning luicenses post Brexit.
They could screw with the propagandists by learning Galic, Welsh, and Scots.

Kikes.

>Also, English is closer to Mandarin than German, as English is an analytical language.
>a German dialect is close to Mandarin than German

Ok...

Attached: 517D4241-3AF3-44EE-9CD0-9B9C6B57B731.jpg (935x661, 157K)

what does that mean?

Tatakai!

>tfw going to Portugal on holiday soon
>0.4%

Attached: Child_Diana.gif (170x244, 137K)

Good. Englishmen don't learn foreign languages, they sail in with cannons blazing and say "oi, let me see your independent country loicense! Don't have one? Best be raising this Union Jack and saluting the Queen"

For some reason I have found that Brits speaking a foreign language either know only very few words („Aktung, Wehrmakt, Zwei Bier, bitte“) with no grammar at all or are fluent on a level that would easily let them enter the skilled labor market here. There are no intermediate German learners among the Brits. They all have an accent though, but as the British accent sounds nice that is not a problem.

There is no point in learning a foreign language as an Englishman. They never come in useful. At best they are just hobbies.

1850 called. They want their maymay back.

Try and do big business with that mindset...

So you have willingly surrendered your language and culture to be internationalized slop for everyone to partake in, a public commodity for every nigger to bix nood muhfugga in, while ours remains the cultural resource of an ingroup, a constant reminder of cultural unity and strengthening our belonging.

Also, knowledge of a foreign language is the greatest possible advantage you can get. Language is a weapon and youre disarming yourself on purpose.

If foreigners have to speak our language to understand one and another that's their business. Its our language, we don't need to learn theirs in our own country.

Why would I want to work for big business?

Not purposefully. I tried to learn languages both in and out of education but they just don't stick when you can't use them with anyone.

I said do big business, not work for it.
France, Germany, Italy and some places in developed asia. They wont care that you speak english. Try working anywhere else and skip their language.

Also stop sounding like a marxist.
>Big company bad!

>Try working anywhere else and skip their language.
I have no plans to leave the country though. I'm a teacher and I plan to do that for the rest of my life. If I did leave the country I would most likely go to somewhere like Australia anyway.

>I said do big business, not work for it.
Well to do big business I either have to work for it or own it.
>France, Germany, Italy and some places in developed asia.
Out of those countries the only one I have ever been to is France and that was just to drive through it.

If you want to say hito instead of jin you should say イギリスのひと

Not him, and I do see your point, but the people at that level of big business who actually have to do that negotiating in other languages are a tiny minority of the total population of this country.
For them to learn other languages, either before or after rising in business, makes perfect sense. For the rest of us, there is little real reason to aside from as a hobby.

Its not your language. Its americas language. Its Australias language. Its Canadas language. Its Indias langage. Youre just one of many speaking it. It carries no culture and you have lost any semblance of control over it. Even your accents sound weird and stupid to the average speaker compared to the american "standard"

>Its our language, we don't need to learn theirs in our own country.

Then as I said, youre purposefully depriving yourself of understanding another culture. Its far too late for you now to throw a petulant temper tantrum and try to be isolationist.

kimochi

Time to make English the official language of the EU.

>America
They speak and write American English.
>Australia
They tend to use American English for writing.
>Canada
Canada has its own form of English
>India
Indians speak Hindi as it is the dominant language and is used as the lingua franca in India. Only a small minority of educated Indians speak English.

So Pakistani dialects don't count as foreign right?

>I'm a teacher and I plan to do that for the rest of my life.
(Industrial music stops)

Youre amazingly smart, repeating what I've just said.

Thats the point, you dont have a language of your own anymore. Nothing binds a nation together more than having a language exclusive to your culture.

Good, foreigners should learn English, either way middle easterners, Jews, Indians, and Africans should leave permanently.

>Thats the point, you dont have a language of your own anymore
But we do. I rarely meet foreigners who are actually fluent in English. You all just speak a little bit of it. Unlike other peoples we are just used to speaking to people who make a lot of errors in the use of our language and so it is not an issue.

Well, our points are made.
What do you teach btw?

Also outside of buisness and hobby, why would one learn a language? (just a question)

5% doesn't seem overrun to me
Why do 56%ers always claim otherwise?

I'm a primary school teacher. Well, what caused you to want to learn English?

"That's a really bright firework"

School first of all.
But I played a lot of games where i ran to my dad asking what things meant so I could understand the plot. Wheni got older I watched a bunch of simpsons on tv.
To summarize, american media...

>I rarely meet foreigners who are actually fluent in English.

Because its just an international auxiliary language everyone puts in just enough effort to communicate.

>in the use of our language

Youre really not getting it, arent you?

>linguaphobia
>"heh, disagree with me? That's a phobia pal!"

Attached: 1518907346522.jpg (640x640, 13K)

Because they're whiter than you mohamett
Hahaha mutts are dumb idiots

Attached: 1527351645475.jpg (640x640, 116K)

not true.
im learning English .moved from Pakistan 2months ago

Attached: its-all-so-tiresome-8881488.png (500x478, 114K)

They all speak English now, soon every muslim will speak English, how does that make you feel? The invading hordes will make you change your national language

English is a Germanic language derived from North Sea dialects of West Germanic spoken 2000 years ago, modern German is High German based on the language of Southern Germany. English became a single standardized language long before German did.

>I rarely meet foreigners who are actually fluent in English.

Most Dutch people are fluent, but we speak with a heavy accent on purpose because it's funny.

>Youre really not getting it, arent you?
I don't think you are. If you all speak just enough of our language to communicate then our language is still our language. It would only stop being our language if you spoke it as well as we do.

I see. Well that is why English people tend not to learn other languages. We don't have much non-English media here.

The Dutch accent sounds nice anyway.

I worked in honeywell and in siemens. German industry is shit. I allways buy american, my osciloscope, dc power supply and all my lab's equipment is from the USA.
Even the most simple devices are shit when they are made by a kraut. Bizerba for example, what a shitty scales, so shitty that you have to prove they work with mettler toledo

Because there will be less than 50 million ethnic Germans in 2060 and less than 40 million ethnic British down from 70 million ethnic Germans in 2010 and 53 million ethnic British in 2010 you illiterate subhuman retards, even if the Islamic populations stay the same the total percentage will increase even with no immigration because your populations are literally dying off

By comparison the non-Hispanic white population is projected to be 186 million in 2060, the Jewish population of the US is expected to be the largest factor in the overall decrease with Jews shrinking from 6 million in 2010 to 3 million in 2060 in the USA.

You are so fucking ignorant, why do you even come to Jow Forums?

>I don't think you are. If you all speak just enough of our language to communicate then our language is still our language.

Guess its just willful ignorance then.

>It would only stop being our language if you spoke it as well as we do.

By that logic you need to work up on your weird accent to catch up to how americans speak.

You got a great point going there.
So if germany would start doing great cinema on hollywood level, do you think it would popularize german?
Is this why japanese is starting to get popular?

>By that logic you need to work up on your weird accent to catch up to how americans speak.
But as I stated. American English and British English are not the same. They both exist and are different to one another. Neither one of us needs to become like the other.

To an extent but when somebody makes something in a language other than English they tend to just get dubbed or translated into it.

>American English and British English are not the same

???

>They both exist and are different to one another.

Jesus fuck what. This is the kind of cold, rock hard denial of reality that has lead to brexit.

Such projections are really stupid because they're implying that nothing will change just go on like now and every moron can see that many things changed already and much greater will follow

the "I watched the first two lessons and will stop within the next week" kinda level

>???
Did you not know this? Is that really new information to you?

British and American English are mutually intelligble but they are different.

>brags how english is a global language
>b-b-but american e-english is a-actually differnt!!

Okay, I've realized there is no point. If someone decides to be willfully ignorant he will stay that forever.

Like how immigration and your replacement will only speed up?

>>brags how english is a global language
I haven't bragged at any point in this thread.

German population growth has essentially been stagnant for 40 years, that's several decades of low childbirth. Unless living German women turn into baby machines popping out 5 kids each you can't turn things around because there just aren't enough women in their prime child bearing years.

The only way your countries can unfuck themselves is by a shitdown on non-EU migration and removal of as many muslims/non-Europeans as possible.

what is up with these faggots and language? a single language throughout the world is a major boon. it was seen as the ideal state of the world a couple of decades ago. the founding fathers saw it as one of the greatest strengths of america.

please just nuke us

How about you go to fukushima and absorb all that nice radiation yourself? The USA is less fucked than you think because Obama's Census director literally advocated adding minorities to the Census even if they weren't officially counted in order to get a "proper" count of them all. There may be millions of browns who exist only on paper but not in real life. As many as a million blacks have gone missing by 2015, but those blacks may not even exist.

Also Obama amended the Census so that Spanish-Americans, who are Europeans, were considered Hispanic which screwed over white population growth. There are actually 200 million whites, not 198.

Additionally non-white birthrates have gone down by 100,000 since Trump took office. Things are flipping our way quickly.

A nation should be nationalistic and demand that others learn the nation's language to communicate. Giving up your language is a sign another nation is dominant over yours and eventually the Europeans would just become one big mixture speaking their own dialect of English instead of the unique nations and cultures that have existed for 3000 years

>A 2017 British Council report recommended that the top five languages needed by the UK “for prosperity and influence” post-Brexit are Spanish, Mandarin Chinese, French, Arabic and German.
>British Council recommending other languages

>plus learning Arabic

>Deficient language skills in the UK (((cost 3.5% of GDP,)))

Archived article link (.is): archive.is/T4z6q
Source: (((The Guardian)))

Attached: 3-4_can_only_speak_English.png (911x651, 89K)

Hell yeah :)

Attached: butcher.jpg (951x1060, 277K)

I think we will make it we will find a way

Attached: geburten1900-2001.gif (450x285, 17K)

Sugoi

>Everyone knows a few broken words of English in China.
Wrong.

>linguaphobia
fuck off with your dirty foreign words !

Underrated. I hope you dont get arrested for being on Jow Forums, bong.