Talmud

So what's the deal with these books?
Why is it so hard to find accurate translations online? Most of the information many people on Jow Forums have on it is based off of quotes in infographics and youtube videos that talk about how evil they are.
These books are the source of evil plaguing the world today and you would think that there would be more attempts to expose the content of these books to people.

Anyone care to unpack the contents of the Talmud?

Attached: Talmud_set.jpg (2239x1568, 513K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikisource.org/wiki/Hymn_to_King_Helios
translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=en&tl=iw&u=https://he.wikipedia.org/wiki/הגזע_הארי
translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=iw&u=https://he.wikipedia.org/wiki/%D7%90%D7%A8%D7%99&prev=search
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seven_Laws_of_Noah
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Those books are not for goyim

Because it was never meant to be read in English. Even what you know as the bible was never meant to be read in English Christians just have different beliefs on translation.

It exists in Aramaic and Hebrew. Even Jews aren't allowed to begin Talmud study until they have a keen understanding of the Hebrew torah first.

Rule of thumb. If someone doesn't speak either Hebrew or Aramaic and they tell you what is in the Talmud they are full of shit.

>Why is it so hard to find accurate translations online?

"To communicate anything to a Goy about our religious relations would be equal to the killing of all Jews, for if the Goyim knew what we teach about them, they would kill us openly."

One other thing. Jews do not "follow" the Talmud the way Christians follow the bible. The Talmud is a book of legal judgements by the sanhedrin using the mosaic law found in the torah as reference. You will see it thrown around that the Talmud is the Jewish holy book. That is a lie.

Do you know what is in the Talmud?

Attached: 1508198435663.jpg (998x627, 255K)

>Rule of thumb. If someone doesn't speak either Hebrew or Aramaic and they tell you what is in the Talmud they are full of shit.

actual rule of thumb: anyone that tells you that the only ones you can trust are the Jews is full of shit.
This is expected though, since the talmud instructs the kikes to lie about what it says.

Attached: 1497462987304.jpg (1613x1210, 257K)

Attached: 1524652334268.jpg (1472x1472, 315K)

Attached: 1509871088649.jpg (480x360, 27K)

Attached: 1510677677222.jpg (728x642, 639K)

Attached: 1518635664971.jpg (1648x1256, 320K)

If that quote were true muslims would have been dead a long time ago. They are very open to how they feel about non muslims.

When Jesus came the Jews got BTFO and basically had to reorganise their religion 600 years later around the "oral torah" which the Talmud contains, basically justifications for why Jesus wasn't the messiah and why they're still the chosen people.

>You will see it thrown around that the Talmud is the Jewish holy book. That is a lie.
no it isn't. The story that the torah is the jewish holy book is a lie. It's just propaganda because rabbinic judaism is like freemasonry, different knowledge is given at different levels.

mocking of Christ and hatred of the goyim

I am a Hebrew speaker and Jew so yes.

The catch 22 about this is that almost anyone qualified to understand the Talmud is Jewish yet most people here won't trust what a jew has to say on the talmud. A white person could learn Hebrew or Aramaic and read it for themselves.

see

More brainlet conspiracy theory ITT. Less than 5% of Jews read these books. Its like saying all Xtians are Westboro Baptist

I can tell by that statement that you only know about judaism what anti jewish sources have told you about judaism. The torah is the divine truth and our holy book. Many Jews don't even accept the Talmud. The ones that do cannot accept all of it because it is filled with debates and two sides of a debate cannot both be right.

You can torrent english translations.

the literal pilpul is literally off the charts

they taught you well at yeshiva, moshe

Because of the way you wrote, I did not think you were Jewish. You're very nice. I would believe what you have to say, after all you are religiously Jewish and a Hebrew speaker, I do not see why I would not believe you.

Attached: Flavius_Claudius_Julianus.jpg (500x676, 76K)

So does it actually say what says it does or what?

Thank you. If you have any questions on it I will be happy to answer.

It's practically a debate book right?
Is there anything that could be considered offensive to us who are not Jews?

No. Some of the books sourced tdo not even exist in the Talmud. Some quotes are taken out of context. In judaism it is actually unethical to kill wild animals. They must be farmed and killed that way like cattle. What the first quote means is that executing a goyim stranger over a violation of jewish law is unethical because he doesn't know any better.

Sure. The book defines the age of marriage at thirteen. The reason for this is because during the time period there were famines and in some cases the rich were more capable of caring for these people. In Israel the marriage age has been raised for modern times.

A rabbi does throw a temper tantrum about Jesus which is why you get the "boiling in semen" thing. Truth be told Jews do not actually believe in hell and that rabbi was sperging out. He is barely mentioned out of fourteen books of content and during the time period Christians had bad things to say about jews as well.

>Truth be told Jews do not actually believe in hell
Ok there are opinions found on this, to other Jews in / pol / I asked if they believed in hell and many told me that yes, that it is really a mistake to consider that you do not believe in hell.
Do you believe in heaven and in the immortality of the soul?
If there is no hell those who sin where they are supposed to go?

Regarding the talmud.
Is there any opinion written about the native peoples of Europe that Flavius Josephus identified as lost tribes? (Spartans, Greeks)

Read this instead

Attached: The_Curse_of_Canaan_by_Eustace_Mullins[1].jpg (1048x1600, 634K)

Reading this feels odd. It's as if the ten commandments were "murder, rape, lie and steal from non-believers" instead

Tommy Robinson and his Pam Geller crew approves of this

The Talmud is literally statements from Rabbis trying to Jew God. That's what these Jews are. They think that God, The God above all can be jewed. It's literally in the bible though that (((those))) who long for the day of the lord will be most upset with what happens. They're trying to force God's hand by using prophecies as a script.

Attached: 1513928674405.jpg (2236x3444, 1016K)

The afterlife is not expanded on in the torah (even the christian old testament translations) Modern ideas of hell were brought about by the New Testament particularly what Jesus had to say on the matter. The old Jews thought of Sheol as a place of destruction. Rather than being tortured in hell you simply do not exist. You die the way an atheist would imagine it.

We do believe in a heaven called Olam Haba where you rejoin with God. How exactly we will experience this is open to many interpretations. One of which is how you would imagine heaven. Others say that we will see the world through God's view but have no ability to influence his actions and the experience will keep us satisfied.

Another view on hell is that we are simply reincarnated and live multiple lives learning lessons every life until we are good enough to be in Olam Haba. Once you get past Torah and Talmud you can read the Zohar which expands on the mysticism of this. That idea comes from Hebrew language interpretations of Genesis.

Life after death is not a central focus in Judaism. The reason why is because we think if you are following God out of a fear of punishment or promise for reward you are doing so for the wrong reasons. God should be respected simply because he is our creator.

kek
Predict the messiah
he arrives
not recognize him

It's hard to get an accurate translation online because they are extremely technical books.
You can, however, buy very good English translations that fill in the gaps like the one published by Artscroll
>t. Orthodox Jew

No speculation is given regarding whom the lost tribes could be. The rabbis figured that would become known when the messiah comes.

>"To communicate anything to a Goy about our religious relations would be equal to the killing of all Jews, for if the Goyim knew what we teach about them, they would kill us openly."
This is not actually from the Talmud though. It doesn't say anything like that in Sanhedrin 59a

I have a hard copy english translation of the Babylonian Talmud. Ask me anything.

Attached: IMG_20180528_205606.jpg (912x1600, 527K)

Its a book of legal discussion. Very dry and dull except for that it was written at a time when life was very different. So some things can be weird by modern standards. Mencken was right.

Respectfully, Jesus did not fulfill the requirements of the messiah by the original Jewish standards, It was actually the Christians that reorganized through the book of Revelation to handle this issue. They had to write in Jesus coming back to finish the other requirements.

checked

>kikes are canaanites
>canaanites are negroid + asiatic mudpeople
>khazars are up to 36% negroid mixed with turks
>canaan told his offspring to curse their superiors and masters (white Adamic man) at his death
>they formed secret degenerate orders like the masons and have following the orders ever since, causing all wars and striving for genocide
>posting lots of blacked threads on Jow Forums is the height of their creative capability

you got to learn hebrew user

Which were?

Interesting, platon and Pythagoras believed in a process called the transmiration of souls. Julian thought it was the reincarnation of Alexander the Great.
One question, in the book of genesis is never mentioned the creation of the angels, where do they come from?
> The reason why is because we think if you are following God out of a fear of punishment or promise for reward you are doing so for the wrong reasons.
Not even for benefits in this life?

brother Nathanael is a well known Jew who became Christian and he speaks in one of his videos about blasphemy in the Talmud against our Lord Jesus Christ. As a true christian, I would not reproduce this blasphemy and would advise you only to trust me or ask someone else who isn't a christian?

Were you born a Jew or are you a convert?

The Talmud is an incredibly large and complex text. I don't think there is a complete English translation of it. A lot of the infographics that are circulated contain fraudulent passages or passages taken out of their proper context. Also, the Talmud is comprised mostly of rabbis debating each other. Given the fact that it was written hundreds of years ago, of course there will be ideas that are gravely immoral.

When the messiah comes there is supposed to be an end to all war. Thousands of wars have occured throughout the world since Jesus died. There was supposed to be an end to disease which still exists. The messiah was supposed to rule israel through a literal secular monarchy conjoining religion with the state.

29 books.

>One other thing. Jews do not "follow" the Talmud the way Christians follow the bible. The Talmud is a book of legal judgements by the sanhedrin using the mosaic law found in the torah as reference. You will see it thrown around that the Talmud is the Jewish holy book. That is a lie.
It's a bit more complicated than that. When G-d gave us the Torah at Mount Sinai, it had 2 components. The Written Torah, and the Oral Torah. That's why it states in the Torah a few times 'The Torot (meaning, plural) that I gave you' in the beginning of the Book of Numbers, for example. The reason why an Oral Component is that G-d gave us 613 very very detailed mitsvot and the rules on how to follow them exactly couldn't all be written down because, well, then the Bible would have been the size of the Talmud.
For example, it states 'You shall put a mezuzah on your mezuzah'. Mezuzah literally means doorpost. So what are we supposed to think that putting a doorpost on a doorpost means? We know from the Oral Torah that it means a specific parchment that contains a specific portion from the Torah. Ok. Now where do you put it. Do you put it straight, horizontally, do you put it anywhere, at the bottom at the top, left, right, what if you put it on top? Etc.. It says about ritual slaughter 'You shall slaughter your animals as I taught you' and nowhere does it actually explain in Torah how it's done, etc..

Now one of the main reasons it was meant to be Oral is that while the principles themselves are absolutely unchanging, the examples used to illustrate them should have been. So today, when you study Bava Kamma, you read about for example by the damages done by your ox. Well, if it had never been written down and simply kept oral, today you'd probably learn the same principles but instead of them being illustrated through the ox (the most common example of this type of damage at the time) it might be through the example of a car, etc...

You can't follow Torah without it.

Benefits in this life yes. One critique jews would have on many Christians is their focus on heaven or hell. It gives the impression that many (not all) either worship Jesus out of a fear of hell or anticipation of heaven.

If you do not mind me asking if Jesus told you there was no afterlife would you still be Christian?

What if by not accepting the messiah and having him killed, you have inadvertently created more wars

>The Talmud is an incredibly large and complex text. I don't think there is a complete English translation of it. A lot of the infographics that are circulated contain fraudulent passages or passages taken out of their proper context. Also, the Talmud is comprised mostly of rabbis debating each other. Given the fact that it was written hundreds of years ago, of course there will be ideas that are gravely immoral.
There is a proper English translation of it, the Artscroll one. Well, of the Babylonian Talmud, there's also the Jerusalem Talmud.
The English translation is 72 very very huge volumes. We're talking like 10,000 pages plus

Then clearly he's not the messiah.

>Talmud = Hadith

Are you saying he's simply a naughty boy?

This guy answered it.

There is no G-d and you anti-humans are collectively insane and a mortal danger to all the world's people.

>When Jesus came the Jews got BTFO and basically had to reorganise their religion 600 years later around the "oral torah" which the Talmud contains, basically justifications for why Jesus wasn't the messiah and why they're still the chosen people.
We didn't have to reorganize anything, he didn't fulfill any of the requirements of what determines one to be the Messiah.
Or they could just buy an Artscroll, really
>I can tell by that statement that you only know about judaism what anti jewish sources have told you about judaism. The torah is the divine truth and our holy book. Many Jews don't even accept the Talmud. The ones that do cannot accept all of it because it is filled with debates and two sides of a debate cannot both be right.
I can tell by that statement you don't know a lot about Judaism proper, and that if you're in fact Jewish you're definitely reform or maybe conservative
>Truth be told Jews do not actually believe in hell
Yeah definitely reform

>You can't follow Torah without it.

Thanks for jewing islam aswell with the chinese Talmud 2.0 whispers
>muh can't understand Quran without Hadith

Maimonedes probably sguddered

Well not anymore he's not
Because you killed him

I am not really a Christian, but I am a deist and I do not even believe in evolution.
Although the most fervent Christians I know are not from fear, many of them claim to have had dreams or revelations. But surely many believe because of fear. This religious treatise written by the Emperor Julian identifies my views. en.wikisource.org/wiki/Hymn_to_King_Helios
>Benefits in this life yes.
Are there Jews who believe they will receive benefits in this life?
Believing for that reason is a bad thing?

Find the quotes that are controversial and then translate them. Learn the aramaic alphabet, the one that the letters look like this ארמיא. Then work your way through translating it or what ever else that is written in aramaic that you want to read. If you really want to study the JQ you should learn a bit of hebrew, which what they speak is the bastard language called modern hebrew.

Aramaic means GENTILE by the way,

אָרָמָיָא or אֲרַמָּיָא • (ʾārāmāyā or ʾărammāyā)
Aramean,
gentile

hence the ar, as in ARYAN like ארי, or आर्य, which in hebrew can mean lion or the ARYAN people, which is a story in itself.

translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=en&tl=iw&u=https://he.wikipedia.org/wiki/הגזע_הארי

translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=iw&u=https://he.wikipedia.org/wiki/%D7%90%D7%A8%D7%99&prev=search

No, what we call 'Midrash' is closer to what you guys call the Hadith, the Talmud is just legal ruling after legal ruling and the occasional Midrash in it that usually comes to support the point the person trying to make a legal ruling is saying
I don't know if he's actually Jewish, maybe a reform convert or something but he's WILDLY wrong about what actual Judaism believes and he's not even capitalizing words like Torah
I'm sure he's well meaning but he's not helping.

Are you also Jewish?
When will the messiah arrive?

I don't agree with that. The Talmud is indeed supposed to be the oral tradition handed down by Moses but due to a simple telephone game and the inclusion of debates on torah matters it cannot be perfectly so. I consider Karaites who do not follow the Talmud at all to be Jews.

>Are there Jews who believe they will receive benefits in this life?
>Believing for that reason is a bad thing?
Please don't listen to what he has to say he's so wildly wrong he's just telling reform Judaism talking points and keep in mind that this is a movement that's been around for 150 years and completely rejected Judaism as an actual religion where you don't need to believe in G-d to be one of them, and the rest of us believing in Torah have been around for 3300 years. They've been around for less than 5% of Jewish history and already they are going extinct. That's like listening to a Karaite or Tsudkee about what Judaism really is

Here is the prime directive of all imposter jews and masons from the horses mouth unchanged through thousands of years:

>Canaan was so wicked that his last will and testament to his children was a
formula for vice. It read, "Love one another (that is, of this tribe only), love robbery, love
lewdness, hate your masters, and do not speak the truth."

I am a convert from Christianity (3 years ago) and part ethnically Jewish. I am not by any means a know it all on this issue just answering to the best of my ability.

And yes I should be capitalizing Torah as the other guy said.

>I don't agree with that. The Talmud is indeed supposed to be the oral tradition handed down by Moses but due to a simple telephone game and the inclusion of debates on torah matters it cannot be perfectly so. I consider Karaites who do not follow the Talmud at all to be Jews.

Stop acting like you are explaining Judaism when you are so far off the pale and don't represent even most reform Jews if you're going that far.

>You can't follow Torah without it.
Because you have such divergent opinions about hell?
In / pol / many Jews claim that there is no hell and there are others who believe that yes, why?
In the torah is there any opinion about agnostics or atheists?

I consider myself to be orthodox. I reject the reform synagogue. If I am doing this it is out of ignorance not intention. I'm sorry.

>I am a convert from Christianity (3 years ago)
A reform conversion is not valid, and it's a good thing because since you're both denying Olam haba and the Oral Torah according to the 13 principles of faith it means you wouldn't have any part of it.
Follow the 7 laws of Noah instead and just embrace who you are
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seven_Laws_of_Noah

>I am a convert from Christianity
Why??
> part ethnically Jewish
You were a chess champion in high school and you're 1/8 a Jew?

I never said the Talmud was just a book by any means. It is certainly holy but not on the level Torah is. Rabbi Wayne D. Dosick author of Living Judaism explained it this way. Perhaps he is wrong but Jews have always been part of a debate culture.

I guess orthodox conversions take much longer, how long is it?

>Because you have such divergent opinions about hell?
There is absolutely no divergent opinion about Hell, there clearly is a gehinnom, there is a gan eden, there is olam haba and there is the resurrection of the dead. Those are 100% believed by every single observant Jew who actually follows the Torah, they are all clearly written down in the Tanach, Gemara, Zohar, writings of the Arizal, etc..
There is zero debates about these things, the only people who reject them are the people who rejected Torah in the first place and have no clue what is written in the Talmud
>I consider myself to be orthodox.
You are not. There is zero orthodox Beit Din who converted you if you are holding those kinds of beliefs and claim ignorance of the extremely basic things I am saying. Again, it's ok, be a good non-Jew, follow the 7 laws of Noach but what you are saying is absolutely against Torah and completely inaccurate.

Literally go on Library Genesis and search for Jerusalem Talmud

You are reading me wrong. I have never denied Olam Haba and I am also a believer in the Talmud. You are taking me explaining other views on the matter other than my own and applying them to me. I am not reform

Okay, you are not a convert?
Are you an ethnic Jew?
What happens to the souls after death according to Judaism?

Bullshit, that means certain concepts in the talmud can't be rephrased in english. Sure a conventional translation could be very hard but an english page by page description of the content shouldn't be impossible to develop for anyone who can read and write in both hebrew and english.

But the legal rulings are orally passed down?

Midrash - need sources thanks for the info

As far as the Messiah, we're hoping very very soon. Considering all of the Biblical prophesies we've seen fulfilled in the last 70 years we're clearly about to enter the messianic era completely (it already started)
>I guess orthodox conversions take much longer, how long is it?
It usually takes anywhere to 1.5-5 years and it requires you to know a LOT, and to show that you are following Jewish law completely, that you believe in the 13 principles of Faith and that you've accepted the 613 mitsvot and their ramifications
Anyone who says what this guy says (rejects the Talmud, only debate, 'Rabbis sperging out) would be shown the door immediately and no way he would be allowed to make it part of the conversion program, much less converted

>Rule of thumb. If someone doesn't speak either Hebrew or Aramaic and they tell you what is in the Talmud they are full of shit.

Found the Jew.

Yes that's me I remember you.

I weighed the jewish arguments against the Christian arguments and found them to be superior. To me faith is a matter of seeking the truth not following the tradition of ancestors.

see

Based off your flag, you're a muslim. The Qu'ran says that Jesus wasn't crucified but was raised into heaven from where he's going to return. Why are you contradicting your own belief system?

No, I'm not Jewish. I just think the infographics and conspiracies about Jews that are circulated are stupid and tons of people just believe it without doing their own research.

I refuse to be a noahide. It is not fulfilling and there is no community for it. I want to fight for Israel.

Ok, so you are conservative. Don't lie, you're not Orthodox because unless you've lied through your teeth, there is NO beit din that would have ever converted someone who said
>It is certainly holy but not on the level Torah is
>a simple telephone game and the inclusion of debates on torah matters it cannot be perfectly so
>Truth be told Jews do not actually believe in hell and that rabbi was sperging out.
then again you quoted some 'Jewish Renewal' guy that even the Reform look down on as not Jewish enough, so I shouldn't be surprised.
You are not frum, stop pretending.

Of course I remind you, you treated ethnic Jews who did not follow the religion of traitors, I told you that you were the first to betray someone
But if you believe that, would not it be better if you followed a philosophy of life like epicurism? Epicurus said that faith is not something revealed by a religion but something inherent in us and that no religion can claim to believe.

So no questions then?

>I refuse to be a noahide. It is not fulfilling and there is no community for it. I want to fight for Israel.
You refuse to be a Noahide, and yet you reject the very basis of Torah and faith that are found in Judaism while reading renewal literature that goes directly against it.
You are not Jewish, and it's ok. You were meant to be who you are right now, follow the 7 mitsvot of Noah, listen to classes that will help you connect with G-d, but our way is not for you.

Words of god vs words of men

Which book do you choose?

More than following something by faith, it seems that you desperately want to be part of a community and feel important.

As the Talmud says....!

Attached: talmud.jpg (1279x666, 65K)