China is literally terraforming desert into prime farmland

Why can't the (((West))) do it?

Attached: 1505950327091.png (985x811, 535K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tabernas_Desert
arborday.org/programs/treecityusa/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

That's what they did here as well.

From what I hear they haven't been having tremendous results yet. Good move on their part, though, since the Gobi is growing on them.

Meanwhile we'd rather not plant trees in cali so that the soil can't hold the rain and instead burn down the forests etc. You have to understand that the west is run by Jews.

because we actually have land

We do. Its all we can do here

Doesn't matter how many cool ideas they have that should lead them to world dominance. Their prior central planning and government interventions into the lives and economy of the Chinese is having disastrous ramifications that can't be reversed by dictate.

I'll enjoy the collapse of another dictator in Xi Jingping.

conservatives have actual jobs, lefties bitch and moan about becoming baristas and tech ceos, no one wants to do it due to no glory in it

Enjoy your drought.

Because the West is dead. Read your Spengler.

underrated

europe doesnt have deserts
straya is already doing it
americans are too dumb to do it

>Thank you Mein Fuhrer!
You forgot to add this

You mean like California and the central valley...in 1933.

China has 15% of the arable land in the United States. The greater midwest is the largest productive agricultural region in the world.

>Why can't the (((West))) do it?

The central valley of California is a desert. It also grows half the food Americans eat.

it doesn't work you can't reverse desertification or the Africans would have by now

Africans couldn't figure out how to hydrate themselves if you put a pool full of clean water in front of them

Even with all that Wakanda know how?

Attached: 5C512BEA-76A7-464F-965D-7C896250D5DE.jpg (1352x798, 205K)

Pressure males diamonds, and the West has only pillaged its diamond mine (in line with zealous Mammon worship) -- paying nary thought the future.

>(((West)))
>implying that Shanghai wasn't built by Jews... nor the Opium Wars enacted on (((their))) orders

Attached: bye-bye_kike_cesspit.jpg (1477x1080, 423K)

because fucking hippies need to save gold fish and want to drink sewage

Maybe they should stop killing all the fucking pangolins, elephants and rhinos while they're at it

And stop polluting the fuck out of the world

europe does have deserts and why would we? there is a lot of farmland and it has been done to a degree with suburban development in the west

The chineses are the worst polluters on the planet and they have destroyed more ecosystems than every other human cultures combined but hey that mom planted a few trees s yay. Thank you ((journalists)) for reporting on the stuff that matters.

... what the hell are you talking about, 1 post by this (((ID)))?

Attached: 12_RDH_2010-11-01_MG_29811[1].jpg (1440x960, 459K)

isnt china in a middle of a water problem? and already taking steps to divert a river from india kek, feels like theyre shooting themselves on the foot then reloading to shoot again

no true deserts that are significant in size

this seems like a really bad idea

Past attempts at large scale hemming in of Gobi expansion have not been strongly successful. This lady's work is probably going to dry up and die unless somebody else comes in to keep it going and growing.

Those hills are triggering my autism.

>adds clay to the ground for water retention

OMG CHINA NUMBAH ONE

i like em, adds a bit more than just boring squares

this desert takes up about a quarter of spain
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tabernas_Desert

>al-andalus
>europe

Because that land is not owned by the corporations that own the existing farmland and said corporations do not want to reduce their own marketshare. Thus they use their influence to lobby against terraforming projects.

Becasue we have morality when it comes to dumping chemicals into the environment? You can do lots of things if you don't care how many people it kills.

fucking amateurs., should had skiped that part until they unlocked terraforming tools

because it's not really about doing shit for (((them))), it's just about talking about it and extorting money in the scam

arborday.org/programs/treecityusa/

No we plant a lot of trees every year, the difference though is we have enough land that we dont need too.

A girl i know who lives in Russia has told me Chinese contractors are cutting down all the forests in Siberia.

just shut up and kill yourself retard

Diverting massive amounts of water for irrigation has side effects.

Attached: aral_sea.jpg (500x464, 72K)

There is no political and economical will to do so in free market, why use money to terraform for farmland as unreliable investment when you can just import your food?

The Aral lake got destroyed due to a mistake made in the Sowiet Union, they tried to grow cotton in a semi-dessert. Nowadays they are trying to correct that.

Hahahaha mother nature BTFO
how will lakecucks ever recover?

should have gone with nuclear desalination

The issue of deserts is the lack of actual soil, not the fact that you can green the fuck out of them.

These single species growths aren't that biologically resilient. They really need to move beyond paying peasants to plant trees saps but this is what happens when your decision makers are almost all civic and hydraulic engineers.

You also want to keep them from expanding. So the idea is once you get some self-sustaining plant growth going then you'll get decaying plant matter and everything like that to help build a barrier against further desertification.

Also this. You need enough for an ecosystem to develop and to not be vulnerable to a single species die-off.

>what is ecological succession
they are planting pioneering species, they are meant to be replaced in a few centures

that is a nice farm;it would be a shame if a sandstorm happened to it.

q predicted this.

They could plant more than one of two kinds of trees right now. And the peasants are paid by the number of trees planted, not the number of trees that survived and really took root. Maybe now they have more qualified people overseeing the effort but I haven't kept myself updated in a while.

Have you heard of the state called California?

Will the Lake ever come back? I miss this lake.

it will if they decide to start pumping water into it

hol up
a 67 year old woman
personally planted 457 trees a day
every single day
for 12 years?

Y'all bein' trolled

the combination of remaining, more arable land and the addition of precision agriculture means we don't necessarily need more farmland

yields for some produce are up by even 11 times traditional agriculture thanks to precision agriculture

In China there is an energy that fills the people, a sense of optimism and that you can improve things for the future, everybody is building things and making plans

When you go to the west things are basically dead, they accept their fate, enact a carbon tax, and pray some far away bureaucrat will deal with the approaching desert and save the planet

Embarrassing and sad

Attached: da6geqpu0wp01.gif (352x240, 458K)

Exactly. Being so stupid as to believe propaganda from a communist wasteland. They are spreading the Green Wall bs bc it was exposed that China is becoming a ever expanding desert. The Chinks are going to colonize Africa.

>humans obsessed with going to new planets and terraforming them
>don’t terraform the planet they’re already on
come the fuck on. let’s turn some the useless deserts and plains into man made rainforest

I hear they are trying to grow rice now

We actually used to terraform too.

Attached: Hoover Dam 013a.jpg (1600x1066, 516K)

>The West
You mean America and Europe? We don't need to. Most of China is fucking useless for growing food. They need every potato.

This is litterally what California is you sperglord.

Assuming an 8 hour work day that's roughly 1 per minute. That's believable, if they were seedlings. When I was in fag scouts we planted a bunch, and you pretty much took one scoop with a hand trawl and plopped the seedling in the hole.

Attached: 2a9f2537eaf4dfb6e0ae9abe0e219f78ef75cddbff15342c7d33db08fe3bd421.webm (640x320, 928K)

which is also an amazingly stupid idea... they will be forced to kill all the niggers or go to war with them.

>Implying the Chinks give a shit about Africans
There's a reason the Chinks care more about fertile African Savannah's more than mineral rich Siberia.

>not understanding chinese work ethics
typical white people

I love how the chink doesn't even try to brake before nailing in to the girder. wtf

terraforming would be displacing the mountains that prevent water from getting to the desert. this is more like planting an orchard in a bad spot.

that's just women driver

Could compost and or some other organic refuse be put down? Would that work?

Did they claim it was just her? This story is trying to evoke a classic Chinese meme which involves divine intervention.
I bet the state came in and helped her in the story.

Yea they are literally in the process. Buying up land building roads. Its a matter of time, Chinks are savage as fuck and niggers are like insects to them.

>chinese
>work ethic

At that kind of scale, think trucking it in on trucks the size of commie blocks out of a huge strip mine you could see from space. The only feasible way is to get the plant growth there to generate its own soil.

WE CAN. We just need to tap the lakes. We can turn Arizona into another Iowa.

Attached: Pipeline.jpg (2018x1365, 606K)

Yah Goldberg, why can't you let America plant trees once in a while?

You can't make Terra itself more Terra-like dipshit.

What about mass hydro seed efforts? This is an interesting concept.
>inb4 Jow Forums actually finds a way to enviro-form swathes of desert

>2 million trees
>12 years
Impossible, she would have to plant more than 20 trees per hour and that doesn't even account for sleep, rest, or anything other than constantly planting trees for 12 years straight.

Bullshit.

Fuck off, you're not taking our water
>Hurr durr I moved out into the desert help me northeast you're my only hope

The future probably looks something like that. There are horribly weedy, hardy plants, lichens, and all kinds of stuff that maybe could get biomass going at better than geological timescales.

But then you have to wonder about unleashing such a thing. I personally think that smaller, isolated experiments like this that the desert could happily destroy in short order are probably better for now. Terraforming, like genetic engineering, is really something to be careful with and maybe focus on developing extra-terrestrially rather than getting too Icarus about it on the only planet we have.

>tap the lakes

I think not, you fuckin' moocher.

Attached: wsci_02_img0236.jpg (513x250, 38K)

>Great lakes being drained for beaners
This irritates me.

>tap the lakes
haven't they been receding?

Well sure, small containment zones perhaps following quarantined lab tests. No chemicals, just organic materials sprayed ala chemtrails, but the opposite of chemtrails.

Last year Ontario was overflowing

>half of china is becoming fucking desert and the other half is a polluted wasteland with declining wildlife and the sea around china is literally nothing but garbage and toxic waste

>they got a few useless trees to grow in a tiny patch of desert tho!!

Attached: 1509854870025.jpg (381x300, 24K)

>ctrl + f
>"link"
>0 results
ten bucks some newfriend tells me to google it after complaining. You all suck.

Are you retarded? "She" planted in the sense that these trees were planted thanks to her, meaning she probably hired people to plant and tend to them. Nowhere in the article it claims she personally planted each tree by hand.

Attached: 1527519315966.jpg (600x532, 24K)

Is this Mars?

>A 67-year-old woman has planted more than 2 million trees...

Please explain to me how to properly interpret that sentence.

Btw
>With the money raised from selling houses in Shanghai, their son's insurance policy and other compensation, Yi and her husband, Yang Antai, established Green Life, a non-profit dedicated to tree planting projects in Inner Mongolia

Won't the plants all die unless the area is suitable for vegetation?

And if it is suitable for vegetation, why are there not already tons of plants?

>spending money on spics
why?

Well it's shit journalism for not reporting properly. "Has been responsible for 2 million trees being planted" would be correct.

lol, no they dont
you can choose to live on salad soiboi

google it you faggot

It depends on getting enough rain and being able to hold on to the soil. That's why deserts either spread or contract, more or less.