If you are a Presbyterian, your religion was founded by John Knox in Scotland in the year 1560

>If you are a Presbyterian, your religion was founded by John Knox in Scotland in the year 1560.
>If you are a Congregationalist, your religion was originated by Robert Brown in Holland in 1582.
>If you are a Protestant, your religion was an offshoot of the Church of England, founded by Samuel Seabury, in the American colonies in the 17th century.
>If you are a Baptist, you owe the tenets of religion to John Smyth, who launched it in Amsterdam in 1606.
>If you are a Methodist, your religion was founded by John and Charles Wesley in England in 1774.
>If you are a Mormon, Joseph Smith started your religion in Palmyra, New York in 1829.
>If you are a Lutheran, your religion was founded by Martin Luther, an ex-monk of the Roman Catholic Church, in the year 1517.
>If you belong to the Church of England, your religion is a heresy and was founded by King Henry VIII in the year 1534 because the Pope would not grant him a divorce with the right to remarry.
>If you worship with the Salvation Army, your sect began with William Booth in London in 1865.
>If you belong to one of the religious sects known as “Church of the Nazarene” or “Jehovah’s Witnesses,” your religion is one of the hundreds of new sects founded by men within the past hundred years.
>If you are a Roman Catholic, your church shared the same rich apostolic and doctrinal heritage as the Orthodox Church for the first thousand years of its history. Lamentably, in 1054, the Pope of Rome broke way from the other four Apostolic Sees (Patriarchates), by tampering with the original Creed of the Church.
>IF you are an Orthodox Christian, you religion was founded in the year 33 by Jesus Christ, the Son of God. It has not changed since that time. Our Church is now almost 2000 years old. And it is for this reason, that Orthodoxy, the Church of the Apostles is considered the true “One, Holy, Catholic, and Apostolic Church.”

Attached: christ-221x300.jpg (221x300, 33K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/playlist?list=PL95B1BB23B7A3C795
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLF170B126002E7CB0
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Priestly_Fraternity_of_Saint_Peter
youtu.be/isxvXITTLLY
youtu.be/M0d4qM7gCH8
youtube.com/watch?v=zqq9Z9_it5E
youtube.com/watch?v=NlqyBIQ-Cac
youtube.com/watch?v=NMLB7OcH-0Y&t
churchpop.com/2015/03/09/6-of-the-oldest-images-of-jesus/
youtu.be/8DgLyG9gtJQ
youtube.com/watch?v=HZjS4s8yi_g
youtu.be/5zgkySBTUIw
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chronology_of_Jesus
reddit.com/r/Christianity/comments/8mljme/thomas_mertons_conversion_from_atheism/
youtube.com/watch?v=d07mgLoOW8g
churchmilitant.com
patheos.com/blogs/throughcatholiclenses/2018/05/69-of-russian-orthodox-accept-and-with-the-son/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

fuck off shill

the primordial organic church of the living God, based wholly upon the scriptures has always existed in the peripheries
youtube.com/playlist?list=PL95B1BB23B7A3C795
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLF170B126002E7CB0

Orthobros are based, for sure.
I'm getting sick of the Zionist shilling that so often accompanies Protestants (especially evangelicals).
However, there are still some like Steven Anderson at Faithful Word who don't sell out to the Jews.

Wow, a Christianity divide-and-conquer thread.

>Walter Veith
Neat; I didn't know other SDAbros were on Jow Forums.

Orthodox are ok, but it was autistic as hell to split the Church over the filioque.

Attached: 1523859578873.png (1198x2331, 1.24M)

my ladder.

Attached: The_immovable_ladder..jpg (1944x2592, 1.1M)

What’s the difference between an orthodox bible & a King James Bible?

Extra books and different scripture lineage

I haven’t seen one before but I suppose its time to get one.
I’ve considered myself a Christian yet I haven’t been loyal to any church. Looking at the modern day Catholic Church.. what a complete shame it is.

King James is missing mackabees

There is only one Orthodox Bible in English, but fortunately it's a pretty good one

Attached: Orthodox Study Bible.jpg (331x499, 52K)

Gnosticism is the One, Holy and Apostolic Church. All praise to the divine.

>papal infallibility

Attached: 20160325090153376.jpg (1024x681, 648K)

You know what's weird about Jehovas? Ask them why they continue to go to church 3 days a fucking week and waste their lives and others' time when God's chosen few are pre-determined and can't be changed.

Attached: this-fucking-jehovahs-witness-wont-leave-me-alone-10245162.png (500x472, 115K)

The Douay Rheims is my personal choice.

There is a difference between the political opinions of some people in the Catholic Church and religious dogma. You (and any Catholic) are completely free to disagree with the Pope on almost everything he says Ex Cathedra. When it comes to religion, forget about politics and demographics and everything, just look for theological truth.

He is not the real pope
Pope Benedict is

Only when he speaks of matters of faith when sitting at the chair of St Peter.

See if there is a FSSP Church near you. They're a society that is focused on traditional Catholicism as practiced before Vatican II.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Priestly_Fraternity_of_Saint_Peter

Pope Benedict was a Nazi and knows Jews are scumbags

A King James Bible gets read more often. Orthodox has a lot more focus on hocus pocus ... ancient relics, tears from a statue, praying to some icon, a calendar for your diet, swinging balls of incense, etc. The tradition of men. None of it scriptural. In my time in the Orthodox Church there was little mention of the importance of knowing Christ, coming to a saving faith and repenting. There was plenty of persuasion regarding becoming Orthodox, however.

A Christian should love and obey God, hold fast to correct doctrine and keep himself morally pure. The name of the church you attend on Sundays is not the crucial thing. There is a single universal church of Christ. It isn’t any particular denomination. He knows His sheep, and His sheep know His voice.

Yeah, yeah.
But still, to be catholic and be led by this heretic.

I'm not a fan of Roman Catholicism, but you've my sympathies.

Attached: goddamnitfrancis.jpg (674x650, 86K)

im orthodox and this is true: we will NEVER succumb to degeneracy. That's why Russia will not fall to the New World Order. We will have a powerful central government but we sure as hell won't have this trigender demiqueer shit going on, so when Jesus comes back (and he will) perhaps we will make him happy at least a little.

There's a lot of liberal media spin on what Francis says, but a lot of it sure is questionable.
And thanks bro, you Orthodox are alright with me.

You protestants have very little to do with Christianity, as it was when it was founded.

Nothing about your worship brings you closer to God. Your arrogance leads you into believing yourself worthy of interpreting the word of God.

The Orthodox have the good sense and humility to leave the interpretations to the holy men, the wise monks, the church itself.

It's fucking lunacy to allow every man his own interpretation, to allow dozens if not hundreds of different denominations, and still call it Christianity.

Well said

and what if he says some gay commie shit while sitting in the magic chair?

Modern Christianity - "The Antichrist will not be so called; otherwise he would have no followers...he will come disguised as the Great Humanitarian; he will talk peace, prosperity and plenty not as means to lead us to God, but as ends in themselves...He will tempt Christians with the same three temptations with which he tempted Christ... He will have one great secret which he will tell to no one: he will not believe in God. Because his religion will be brotherhood without the fatherhood of God, he will deceive even the elect. He will set up a counterchurch ... It will have all the notes and characteristics of the Church, but in reverse and emptied of its divine content. It will be a mystical body of the Antichrist that will in all externals resemble the mystical body of Christ."

He wouldn't, because it is not a matter of faith, and the Canon has already been decided. There is literally no need for him to sit at the chair.

congrats on being a cult's bitch, you absolute faggot.
Bet you're so far up your own ass you can see the lord himself

The only difference is Catholic/Orthodox constantly change many essential doctrines and beliefs, but they are more sneaky about it

Autism

any man that cuts his dick off on purpose should be killed

t. God

>believing that a dead jew on a stick died to save you from what he's going to do to you if he doesn't save you
I really don't understand how you guys earnestly believe this shit. I'm going to have to begin attending church if I want to find a wife of value, but I doubt I'll ever actually belive the content of the scriptures.

Of course you’d never understand it you’ve never had any spiritual encounters. Neither did I until I had some.

youtu.be/isxvXITTLLY

How could he found a church 33 years after he was born when he ascended into heaven when he was 30, 31 or so years old?

>palastinalied
Unironically good.

I'll keep making attempts. Thanks for the song.

>I really don't understand how you guys earnestly believe this shit
Pray, read a lot of books on theology and the history of the Church and have a mystical experience during communion. Easy peasy.

Attached: tumblr_ogpyc9NvCf1uaxri9o1_1280.jpg (900x560, 131K)

I have a collection of the best

youtu.be/M0d4qM7gCH8

Attached: Gnon.jpg (1280x814, 310K)

youtube.com/watch?v=zqq9Z9_it5E

>chanting
Not bad
Here's a good one
youtube.com/watch?v=NlqyBIQ-Cac

The Church is both universal and particular
youtube.com/watch?v=NMLB7OcH-0Y&t

Attached: 4029_6926_960.jpg (960x1005, 586K)

>my religion is the best because it was founded by an arab jew
hmmmm

if you are eastern orthodox, your church was created by the patriarchs in 1054

If you're oriental orthodox, your church was created by Christ

>How could he found a church 33 years after he was born when he ascended into heaven when he was 30, 31 or so years old?
Wrong. He started preaching at 30.

Attached: tumblr_oxkcwsaIVR1uaxri9o1_1280.jpg (1280x809, 329K)

I intend to read through the Summa Theologi then the City of God. I'm interested to see if my perspective changes but I'm not banking on it

Indeed when this occurs, it will be the greatest deception in human history. All I can say is don't take that mark. Those that do are in for five months of physical torture the likes of which nobody has endured since humans have walked the earth.

>>my religion is the best because it was founded by an arab warlord pedophile
hmmmm

I’m not worthy to become the antipope but lord how we need one

>We were first so we are right
By your retarded logic, judaism would be the one true religion
KYS larping cuck

Attached: Luther 1.png (801x882, 1.22M)

Searching source for pic related I found multiple ones like churchpop.com/2015/03/09/6-of-the-oldest-images-of-jesus/

Attached: 1527537478301.jpg (1024x383, 54K)

Let’s get some modern Christian music up in here- although you can’t beat the classics, they’re still decent
youtu.be/8DgLyG9gtJQ

youtube.com/watch?v=HZjS4s8yi_g

Attached: tumblr_o0pvcb8WPn1uaxri9o1_1280.jpg (857x1000, 263K)

Idk about pic related, but god specifically told the Jews to not race mix with the cananites or else they’d be damned forever, he went so far as to tell them to not wear clothing with 2 types of different fabrics at once

Correct, he started his ministry as he was turning 30, and after about one year he had died, resurrected, and ascended.

Why do you think he had a 3 year ministry?

>File: Luther 1.png
And what's your deal with that cuck?

(More good music)
youtu.be/5zgkySBTUIw

>If you are a Presbyterian, your religion was founded by John Knox in Scotland in the year 1560.
No complaints here, John Knox was BASED

Your source?
Sorry to turn to jewpedia but it shows that's certainly not the consensus.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chronology_of_Jesus
>Five methods have been used to estimate the date of the crucifixion of Jesus. One uses non-Christian sources such as Josephus and Tacitus.[15][16] Another works backwards from the historically well-established trial of the Apostle Paul by the Roman proconsul Gallio in Corinth in AD 51/52 to estimate the date of Paul's conversion. Both methods result in AD 36 as an upper bound to the crucifixion.[17][18][19] Thus, scholars generally agree that Jesus was crucified between AD 30 and AD 36.[8][17][20][21] Isaac Newton's astronomical method calculates those ancient Passovers (always defined by a full moon) which are preceded by a Friday, as specified by all four Gospels; this leaves two potential crucifixion dates, 7 April AD 30 and 3 April AD 33.[22] In the lunar eclipse method, the Apostle Peter's statement that the moon turned to blood at the crucifixion (Acts of the Apostles 2:14-21) is taken to refer to the lunar eclipse of 3 April AD 33; although astronomers are discussing whether the eclipse was visible as far west as Jerusalem. Recent astronomical research uses the contrast between the synoptic date of Jesus' last Passover on the one hand with John's date of the subsequent "Jewish Passover" on the other hand, to propose Jesus' Last Supper to have been on Wednesday, 1 April AD 33 and the crucifixion on Friday 3 April AD 33.

Don't read the Summa, you won't get anything out of it. It's applying Aristotelian philosophy to discern what God is like, if you're still breaking free of the naturalist mindframe then it's not going to click. Instead I recommend reading Augustines Confessions. It's the story of Saint Augustines life and how he ended up converting. I also recommend Seven Storey Mountain by Thomas Merton, also an autobiography about his conversion from atheist to trappist monk. You'll get a lot more from those stories of what ended up pushing others over the edge than you would trying to brute force belief through pure philosophy

Before you take on the Summa at least read Scholastic Metaphysics by Edward Feser, it's a primer on Aristotlean philosophy and really helps to understand what exactly Aquinas arguments are.

Here's an exerpt from Seven Storey Mountain that's definitely worth a read:

reddit.com/r/Christianity/comments/8mljme/thomas_mertons_conversion_from_atheism/

Attached: 1518680697309.jpg (1200x1799, 661K)

People why do you think the jew, filthy jew, hates Orthodox Christians more than they hate nigers and mudshit moslims. Sadly Catholic church is corrupted by this ugly JEWish people e.g the pedo Franciss liking nigers and mooslims feets and apologise for something. Orthodox church is holding up btw i'm not religious man but i do respect Christian Cross as a powerful symbol and i suggest the West to start erecting Christian Crosses in massive sizes and in monumental fashion, doesn't matter if it is Catholic, Orthodox or whatever crosses. Not because we are so religious cuz it is marking of territory our territory, White and beautiful (Europe, US, Canada, Australia) especially in USA. The jew will die like vampire.

yeah right, read the bible, jesus said that they where not following god
nice bait tho

>mfw reading ecclesiastes

Attached: 1503555685741.jpg (320x235, 29K)

This is why returning the West to Christianity has always been a laughable meme to me. OP's post essentially speaks for itself.

youtube.com/watch?v=d07mgLoOW8g

I generally agree with your recommendation, but I'm going to have some additional context going in. Thanks for the advice.

Attached: 15276645510608664172939591700880.jpg (2328x1744, 1.31M)

Why call out my Ortho Serbro on dick-cutting? We don't do that, ever. Muslims and Jews do /and burgers for some reason/.

>Why do you think he had a 3 year ministry?
Because passover occurs three times in the Gospel of John.

The Jew has an international smear campaign against the Catholic Church, but besides that, I agree. Good post.

>using the word religion
jew off shitstain mongrel

Even if u dont believe Jehovahs Witnesses are true Christians, the first witnesses was over 100 years ago - fix your list.

Fair enough if you're already familiar with act and potence and all that stuff then you're ready to dive in.

>It has not changed since that time

but that's unverifiable bullshit though

Religion is the cancer of the world and just a Jewish tool to divide and conquer.

Best book in the OT imo.

Attached: Ecclesiastes.jpg (800x1000, 137K)

The biblical claim is that Jesus left behind a physical church, singular. If one is said to be the oldest, it is de-facto the true-religion, because Christ's church would prevail against sin and heterodoxy.

Any note worthy Christian podcasts or are they all pozzed?

The best podcast is in your local church.

You moron. There is a unquanitified number to live forever on earth.

Church Militant has some good shows
churchmilitant.com

>Says the one who fell for the jewish trick of secular humanism

>underplaying Christology

Wow, it sure is silly to worry about a dogmatic change to THE central tenet of your theology! Nevermind the fact that we're subordinating God to human reasoning, and involuntarily confusing the Trinity --- we gotta stop those Arians, who also confused the Trinity!

Attached: 1515427009509s.jpg (211x239, 6K)

Neck yourself copypasta chef

Attached: Screenshot_20171228-144146.jpg (1064x1405, 1.08M)

A memeflag...
Come out JUDEN!
SHOW THINE SCALES...

Attached: Screenshot_20180304-194053.jpg (1079x1481, 554K)

Blah, blah, blah. Do you have an actual argument, or is it more bullshit obfuscation?

>it's older than your religion therefore it's the right religion
>Jews are not the chosen people

He's a Zionist agent.

Catholics worship satan and are heretics against the bible.

>what is the new covenant breaking the old covenant

Wow!

Attached: 55b8671345da82a8b7c1a254b71968c8.jpg (800x800, 283K)

Who compiled the Bible?

70% of Orthodox today accept the Filioque so apparently it's not that big a deal

patheos.com/blogs/throughcatholiclenses/2018/05/69-of-russian-orthodox-accept-and-with-the-son/

KING JAMES IN 1611. DUH.

Attached: PePe.png (280x272, 96K)

begome :DDD

The church protects Holy dogma, not the people.
You also did not read your own article.
Underplaying Christology is precisely why you're going to hell.

Attached: 1485932797402.jpg (720x720, 46K)

You are now aware that some Americans are KJV onlyists because they think the "Authorized" in Authorized King James Version means Jesus approved it himself.

No, I'm not joking sadly.