Tariffs?

Please redpill me on these tariffs because by all accounts it seems kind of retarded?

Attached: A5CDCFA3-9255-465A-AC2A-7AF8FB5C28B3.jpg (600x580, 64K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=tlDhJBGIqpg
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Its retarded that other you'd believe other countries complaining now that we started it.

>US has shitty trade deals where we don't benefit
>Trump wants to renegotiate them in a way that benefits us and gives us room to grow our own industries and create jobs
>to start, he places tariffs on goods and services to force these countries
>these countries are shocked, and despite posturing come to the US and try to negotiate for new deals to get rid of the tariffs
>Trump negotiates deals that generate american jobs and benefits american buisinesses
>tariffs are repealed

It's a powermove essentially to flex the influence and power of the US to countries dependent on it. If you can't see that you're economically braindead.

No I don't trust the shit these other countries leaders are saying because I get that they have direct stake in this.

What I mean is I've taken several macroeconomics classes (yes, Jewish Keynesian to be sure) and read quite a bit on this issue and it seems like it is bound to harm our economy. Free trade has only really resulted in greater prosperity.

That's how it seems to me, but I'm happy to be wrong and learn otherwise.

So tell me how will these protectionist measures actually help us in the long term? Do other countries already apply similar tarrifs on US goods?

It means efficiency of manufacturing goes down. Which means loss of profits for a lot of corporations who manufacture products overseas and then ship them to America for sale.

However this also means that these corporations will now find it makes more sense to manufacture products domestically, rather than in China. So corporate profits drop, but more jobs come back to America, and more production, too. America stops being a net-importer, and becomes a net-exporter. American goods are sold world-wide, protected by the American navy.

The tariffs will also help curtail the massive government debt the US has been piling up. For the first time in decades you might actually get to see the debt drop instead of increase.

tl;dr
painful at first, but it gets better

Because other countries will break before their tariffs even bend us.

Hm, okay so what if they don't play ball? Do they have more to lose than us ultimately?

Like is this a scenario where if they do play ball and we renegotiate the agreements to be more favorable to the US, this all turns out fine but it doesn't really if they just counter with their own protectionist measure? Or is it fine for us either way?

Free trade only results in greater prosperity if you don't consider the wellbeing of the lower/middle classes who get exploited by it.

The thing about trade and manufacturing is that it's very easy to manufacture goods in another country with a lower cost, but it's not so easy for people to move to a country with a higher standard of living/wages. Mass immigration and "no borders" were meant to allow people to freely move around and fix this.

However there was a critical error the brainlets coming up with the free trade idea didn't take into account:
Not everyone is the same.

People don't want to live near other, different, people. When they do, it causes tension and violence. Free trade was on a crash course for global civil war and disorder, because the architects of it completely ignored the needs/wants/beliefs of the rural and suburban retards.

Altogether what free trade ACTUALLY accomplished, is selling out everything the middle/lower classes in 1st world countries had to look forward to, for the sake of greater profits of the upper class, while importing crime and disorder at the same time.

More crime, fewer jobs, declining standard of living, and the spectre of genocide - this is what free trade did to 1st world populations. No, free trade is not a "rah rah only good can come of this" thing. Everyone who wasn't in the upper class got fucking screwed over, and their future sold off to niggers and chinks to the profit of an elite nobody likes.

Okay if that's the case then this should be an interesting ride, but we will come out on top?

The media is going full fucking tilt trying to make this seem like a bad idea and I'm trying to not let it influence me because they are obviously shill fucks. They are really pushing the narrative that this will irreparably harm our economy and the normie brigade of my friends and family keel parroting it

Attached: 048AF687-3E49-45DC-A18C-7336738AE82F.jpg (640x365, 84K)

Do they have more to lose than us ultimately?
Yes.

America isn’t dependant on any one other nation.
By contrast... just look at how nations that the US plays hard ball with do...

When push comes to shove, these countries have to take american dick up their ass. They have no navies, they have no militaries. They've spent the last 40-odd years destroying nationalist sentiments and patriotism and defunding their military forces. In the short term they're all completely fucked because they cannot stand against the American military.

For example: What could Canada possibly do to the US if Trump decided to play total hardball and embargoed the country? There's only ONE PORT on the west coast. It'd be so easy to do, and Canada couldn't do a goddamn thing to stop it.

America could embargo China, Europe, India, Australia, etc. etc.

Not just on the seas, but through financial transactions with SWIFT etc too. The US literally holds the entire world economy in its hands and Trump is saying, "enough profiting off our backs, it's time America got something out of this deal".

Trump doesn't want to bring the world to its knees, but he could.
All he wants is to make america great again.

That makes perfect sense. Goddammit, it's fucking depressing. Fuck the stage of the world we've been left with by these Boomer cunts

Attached: DBDFB9F2-6058-4A14-8707-17A0159DF734.jpg (728x1024, 75K)

and 10 miles from the US. Artillery range.

youtube.com/watch?v=tlDhJBGIqpg the zionists want to kill all white people

>All he wants is to make america great again.
Trump is a Jew pet that is going to make Israel great again.

Attached: TrimpChabad.jpg (832x644, 432K)

I imagine Trump has tons of people who he has engaged with on business ventures. Doesn't necessarily mean he's in league with those people to enrich Israel lol, but idk

>The thing about trade and manufacturing is that it's very easy to manufacture goods in another country with a lower cost
This isn’t an issue without minimum wage laws.

The western middle/lower class has put itself in this position by voting in so many laws and restrictions that it’s cheaper to ship shit from China than met requirements in the west. Literally all the west has to do is stop voting for dumb shit that punishes employers for manufacturing in the west and the problem fixes itself, plus increases productivity (ie no money wasted shipping stuff, reduced time to produce products, etc) so generates more wealth for EVERYONE

So you're suggesting essentially that deregulation of industry would reduce the financial incentive to seek cheap labor overseas?

>Doesn't necessarily mean he's in league with those people to enrich Israel lol, but idk

What the fuck are you talking about? the only other country Trump gives a shit about is isreal, who he bends over backwards for

Attached: 2-3-18-trump.jpg (728x410, 49K)

SA new ships will be made with American steel. So said my autizum.

Yeah I suppose you're right

There is short term damage that will occur from increased cost, but it's minor. It comes down to how fast domestic industry can catch up to fill the demand so that they aren't reliant on the more expensive imports. The whole idea is to increase the cost of imports in order to give domestic industry a slight edge. A 25% tariff basically means the imported product is going to cost 25% more since it gets absorbed into the final cost. This means that the domestic company can sell it for 25% cheaper domestically, and get peoples business every time. The united states will undoubtedly be in the best position to quickly adapt. Lower corporate taxes and regulations will mean industry will be able to pop up quicker than in say the EU or Canada.

As far as the whole prosperity thing goes. No, if someone is profiting off free trade, someone else is not. For example, in a completely closed economy in Canada, the steel industry can only become so big before you run out of customers to sell steel to inside Canada. So there is a cap. With free trade, they can export to foreign markets which would allow Canadian steel industry to expand beyond what the hypothetical cap would be. But that means the Canadian steel industry is cutting into other markets, like the American one, for example: the "pool" of potential customers for american industry to sell to would shrink as Canada takes a bite of their market.

This type of free trade doesn't actually exist. It's all protectionist right now. Like Canada protects it's automotive and agriculture industries from getting beat by american companies. In a hypothetical absolute free trade scenario, it would come down to who can produce shit the cheapest. That means the country with the lowest labor costs, corporate tax rates and regulations wins. So some third world shit hole who can pay their workers 1 dollar a day. Not every one plays by the same rules.

I’m guessing he has (highly regarded) economic advisers that agree with all this right?

This Leaf gets it.

>but through financial transactions with SWIFT
China recently launched CIPS though, so in theory its now possible to have an economically bipolar world. Swift vs CIPS is probably what is going to define the teams for WW3.