King james

Is this the right one?

Attached: King-James-Version.jpg (200x297, 15K)

Other urls found in this thread:

streamable.com/o28y1
pbs.org/the-great-american-read/vote/
m.youtube.com/watch?v=I98SDiZC72E
biblehub.com/text/john/3-36.htm
reshafim.org.il/ad/egypt/negative_confessions/index.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

How should I know?

Attached: pepe-confused.jpg (600x600, 37K)

No SAGE

Fucking CIA niggers.. Go in catalog and find TTG

Douay rheims is better

children believe in religion.

Go away summer

Attached: 112343253564476.png (396x331, 151K)

Yes.

Textus Receptus, baby.

Yes.

Vulgate or death, heretic scum

Yes
>“And in the midst of the seven candlesticks one like unto the Son of man, clothed with a garment down to the foot, and girt about the paps with a golden girdle. His head and his hairs were white like wool, as white as snow; and his eyes were as a flame of fire; And his feet like unto fine brass, as if they burned in a furnace; and his voice as the sound of many waters. And he had in his right hand seven stars: and out of his mouth went a sharp twoedged sword: and his countenance was as the sun shineth in his strength.”
Revelation 1:13-16 KJV

From what I heard James didn't even look at Greek, Latin or Hebrew versions of the bible, just conglomerated other translations into a fancy writing.
>But correct me, if I'm wrong.

Playing Warhammer 40k I see?

Even in death I still serve

Attached: 8B35F96C-06A8-4307-A1A5-59C8248DC8D6.jpg (500x294, 90K)

>James
Holy shit, dude.

Attached: excalibait.png (1920x1080, 201K)

Thanks guys, gonna find salvation now

Papist, please go (back to a third-world Roman Catholic cesspool).

Hell is for ever!

Yes, and, it's a good way to honour your English heritage, O.P.

If you don't like it, grab an ESV

Undercover Jesuit detected.

I dont mind if the language is dense I just needed to know which is the closest to the truth

>inb4 athesist fags
Burn in hell non believer

All James did was commission it retard. Scribes did the work.

Masturbait or legit retarded. Either way burn in hell

Yes. no errors, and no missing verse unlike all modern translations.
Also a direct translation, unlike the niv and nasb, whose committees we are expected to trust with the unfettered power to re-phrase any verse however they “feel” it should be translated.

Attached: 303566D9-618B-4A82-BBBC-21021FFAA0B4.gif (289x149, 333K)

If it's not Greek orthodox it's cucked

Now go talk politics

Excepting the Psalter, for which perhaps the 1539 is better, it's the best English language Holy Bible. The references to mythological beings like dragons, unicorn and satyrs helps a person appreciate the significances of the mystery and invisible connections in the world. And yes, the writers were devout Christians, steeped in the understandings of the Word and the 16111 Authoroised Version has born a number of good fruit, by its fruits shall ye know them, and know that it is good. It is the truth for you user.

streamable.com/o28y1

Attached: IMG_3151.jpg (1200x1600, 412K)

He hired a ton of scholars that specialized in either hebrew, aramaic, or greek. Then he had them translate parts of the oldest manuscripts available. After translating, the scholars compared their work to settle on a final version true to the original. This is the KJV

That being said, the high school group I teach uses NIV.

thats the one i wld go with. get a KJV STUDY BIBLE tho

>study bible
No.

Yeah, that's the one written at the actual time of Jesus and unadulterated by ecumenical councils :^)

>study bible

What are you, a gay?
Everybody else was very helpful and then you have to come in here and fucking ruin everything. Thread fucking over man

Attached: 1528140940896.jpg (481x632, 75K)

Has anyone heard of the PBS Book vote going on? basically they're taking an online poll to see what America's favorite book is. What book should be America's Favorite?
pbs.org/the-great-american-read/vote/

Get this one

Attached: 51gJU0bNE6L._SX329_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg (331x499, 46K)

50 Shades of Grey, but unironically.

you dont know why we are here do you frand? shld i be italicized?

Skeptic's Annotated is superior

Attached: obstaclechristianity.jpg (720x317, 54K)

None of them are right anymore, in the last few years verses and words have been changed in the present and back through time. Someone evil is destroying the Bible

God will never let scum like you into His kingdom

Hell is for ever!

Retarded fanatics ruin it for everybody. I keep to myself and will never abandon my race

Who should I vote for? I think I might do Wuthering Heights.

ha probably not. however, am saved and washed in the blood. deny me faggot

He had people do it for him, King (also known as Queen, because of his homosexual lifestyle) James commissioned it. The authors used the Catholic Douay-Rheims as a base, alongside earlier Protestant and Catholic Bibles though

perverting the word of God!?! BLASPHEME, may the Lord reign his wrath upon you!

This is the only right answer.

Attached: 1524912506203.jpg (400x400, 52K)

m.youtube.com/watch?v=I98SDiZC72E

This post best post

Attached: 1501170674470.jpg (600x593, 37K)

This. Papist, foreign subverters are obvious.

Papist, please go (back to a third-world, Roman Catholic cesspool).

Attached: Capt May 2d dragoons Resaca de la palma.jpg (1600x993, 448K)

Attached: 80.png (717x629, 144K)

/thread

Amen. No Bible affects me like the KJV and seeing the truth in the preserved words of God is unlike anything else you can find on earth.

This is the right one.

Attached: 51zA9Qf2sUL._SX258_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg (260x331, 32K)

Give me one meaningful quote from the book of the dead; does it even have significant moral teachings?

>Is this the right one?
Don't be afraid to check other translations online at places like Bible Gateway, but yeah, it's not too bad.

Attached: JesusRightlyTeachesIntollerance.png (1288x1732, 584K)

Fuck off, fedora

Attached: MemeIPostedItAgainMom.jpg (533x700, 84K)

He'll come back and claim the Jesus "myth" is in it, proving that (1) he gets his bullshit from debunked liars like Zeitgeist and (2) he has never fucking read it.

The morality in it is pretty thin, but there is a part, a prayer, where a soul is weighed with a checklist of moral behaviors.

It's delightful, but no bible is the right bible. Bible worship is the protestant arrogance that every man has the right to judge god for himself. Well maybe he has the right but he doesn't have the ability. Eventually you have to admit it's beyond your ability to judge. Anything else is scientific envy.

Look up John 3:36 in the KJV and compare it to the Greek.
biblehub.com/text/john/3-36.htm

No it's not the right one.

nah this

Attached: ArtScroll Chumash.jpg (800x800, 114K)

Checked, though what did you mean by this?

The shit people will say to feel manly to compensate for their small dicks...

Checked.
Thanks, I found it here.
reshafim.org.il/ad/egypt/negative_confessions/index.html
This one is kinda funny:
"I have not been an eavesdropper."
Never thought I'd go to hell for that, but, you learn something new every day, right?

Attached: checkum.jpg (480x360, 18K)

KEK WILLS IT

How am I supposed to compare it to the Greek if I don't speak Koine?

>translating god's divine word into human words that have been changed and translated 15,000 times
Absolute heresy
No version of the Bible is the right one

Agree

Since I’m here, I’d like to discuss a concept as ethnic Christianity. In it, old pagan rituals, symbols, architecture, holy sites, burials, dress and morality are incorporated into Christianity. Portrayals of angels and Jesus should have similar features to pre Christian gods, and similarly, bible verses that correspond to old regionally varying pagan morality should be emphasised. Decorations of the lands of the homeland of church attendees should cover the walls of churches.

Definitely the greatest literary achievement, but not the most accurate translation. It's my choice for the language, but make sure you have a Strong's Concordance available while you read it, and a good commentary book (Henry or Spurgeon).

CHECKED

Attached: 1508749153502.png (657x527, 168K)

There's more than one Greek manuscript, and the differences therein can affect doctrine. I dislike how people who are all for the newer translations so often characterize it that way. "The" Greek.

I've got an interlinear of sorts and a lexicon and just looked at what's from the Textus Receptus line of manuscripts and I don't see what the problem is.

In any case, one either believes God cared enough for His people and is all-powerful enough to preserve His word or they don't. And satan has been working from the garden to corrupt God's word as it is our sword, and he prefers us disarmed.

¶ Now the serpent was more subtil than any beast of the field which the LORD God had made. And he said unto the woman, Yea, hath God said, Ye shall not eat of every tree of the garden? (Genesis 3:1)

For we are not as many, which corrupt the word of God: but as of sincerity, but as of God, in the sight of God speak we in Christ. (2 Corinthians 2:17)

And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God: (Ephesians 6:17)

I've got a KJV, a Vulgate, and a Septuaginta.
Considering that all of the early wars of religion were caused by assmad papists that didn't want people to read the Bible any Catholic who can't reply to this post in Latin should either leave this thread or just accept that they are technically a Protestant.

That's the real Bible - literally divine words in English. Accept no imitations.

Some of the entire verses deleted from the NIV:
>Matthew 17:21 "Howbeit this kind goeth not out but by prayer and fasting."
>Matthew 18:11 "For the Son of man is come to save that which was lost."
>Matthew 23:14 "Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye devour widows' houses, and for a pretence make long prayer: therefore ye shall receive the greater damnation."
>Mark 7:16 "If any man have ears to hear, let him hear."
>Mark 9:44 "Where their worm dieth not, and the fire is not quenched." (and v. 46)
>Mark 11:26 "But if ye do not forgive, neither will your Father which is in heaven forgive your trespasses."
>Mark 15:28 "And the scripture was fulfilled, which saith, And he was numbered with the transgressors."
>Luke 17:36 "Two men shall be in the field; the one shall be taken, and the other left."
>John 5:4 "For an angel went down at a certain season into the pool, and troubled the water: whosoever then first after the troubling of the water stepped in was made whole of whatsoever disease he had."
>Acts 8:37 "And Philip said, If thou believest with all thine heart, thou mayest. And he answered and said, I believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God."
>Acts 28:29 "And when he had said these words, the Jews departed, and had great reasoning among themselves."
>Romans 16:24 "The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you all. Amen."
>1 John 5:7 "For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one."

yes

Only Bible based on Byzantine Majority Text....KJV is somewhat, but not entirely.

Think of the direction all the NT books were sent (Ephesus, Corinth, Galatia, Thessalonica) and where do you think the most accurate copies would surface? Most all other translations borrow from Alexandrian texts...the home of early Christian heresy.

They're not removed from the NIV, they're annotated verses. So you look at the 21[a] and you see the reference saying that the manuscripts are similar to those in another gospel. So they're exactly the same as in the KJV, they're just referenced/copied from its twin verse that's cited. I think it helps for accuracy when you're investigating each verse and figuring out the original words.