Don't you just multiply 0.20 into whatever amount is owed? Pic related is such a scam

Don't you just multiply 0.20 into whatever amount is owed? Pic related is such a scam.

Attached: 34347204_1084212968411831_7151862189907771392_n.jpg (720x960, 71K)

You'll get whatever percentage I deem appropriate for your work, peon.

twenny percent? coor blimey thats more than the government takes on tax.

20% ? Why not 200???

tips should be taxed
they're a massive loophole

You double the total and carry the decimal over, you dumb fuck

>tipping
I'm glad that this isn't a thing in Poland. If you're feeling generous you'll give like 3 złotys to the guy so he can buy himself a beer and that's it.

>Trying to explain simple math to people who don't know how to do percentages
>Expecting those same people to tip 20%
Doesn't quite add up

Attached: fishy.gif (600x340, 2.94M)

I only tip if they actually provide good service.
Otherwise they get $0 in tips and that math is even easier to figure out.

Multiplying by point 2 and dividing by ten then doubling get the same result.

The real question is did this person make the rule of thumb 20% on purpose.

ofc it does
only an idiot would be blackmailed into tipping

That's what tipping started out as in the US as well.

>Insure

Every time. Fucking morons.

>tipping at all
Only retards do this.
Tips are supposed to be reported as income and taxed as income. But they only report enough to be at minimum wage and it would mostly be too much of a hassle to do anything about. This is why if you do tip(which you shouldn't) to only do it if you're paying with a card, that way they can't just pocket it.

They are taxable in the US.

>insure

Attached: 1527808091507.jpg (408x447, 27K)

>here's some extra money for doing your job

Attached: 1397872120031.png (467x506, 260K)

Tipping is just another way for business owners to fuck over their workers which is a favorite past time here in the good ole us of a.

>you must pay minimum wage
>but, ugh, i wanna pay 2$ an hour how bout dat
>no
>ok so how bout we pay 2$ an hour and customers make up the rest?
>um, i guess, but if they can't make at least min wage with tips you gotta pay the difference
>Ok sounds good
>fires anyone who doesn't make enough tips

Attached: no+service+then.jpg (576x835, 70K)

Remove this flag. I always try to pay with cash because I want people to pay least taxes as possible.

>not believing in private transactions outside the scope of gubberment
>wanting to give even more money to gubberment
take off that Gadsden

Attached: 1477540611854.png (483x418, 150K)

Multiplication is commutative.

Beat me to it. Fucking retards.

>Teps!

This is why I never tip unless the food came out in a reasonable time and the waitress actually checked up every 10-15 minutes or so to check for refills. Entitled faggots wanting tips because of their work contract shouldn't come to me for more money.

just multiply by 1.2 brainlet

To insure prompt service you cut out of the server/restaurant entirely. You cook your own food, put it on a plate, and then walk it to your table. The you stiff yourself on the tip or tip yourself 100% of your networth, it doesn't matter either way!

Fuck servers of all types, I want every restaurant to go out of business. I want to jerk off to the sound of server tears when they are forced to work at burger king or beg for shekels on the street corner.

If I was given the option I would get my own drinks and order myself though

that's how decimals work lmao... moving the decimal is multiplying by .1

>Kyle
way to doxx urself amigo

Attached: 14815298980455.jpg (882x731, 124K)

that's the wrong usage of the word "Insure"
also, the rest of the world doesn't tip because we actually pay our workers enough to live for a month.

@pic

So, killing people you disagree with on the internet is "Civil", is it?

I would tip just to make people feel bad for spitting in my food

You tip up to a round number in my opinion, in this case up to 90$. Anything else is utter autism.

Attached: 1369333690305.jpg (1024x768, 106K)

If you want me to do math don't serve me drinks.

You're a robot bartender and self checkout kind of guy huh?

>I dont tip
>here let me tip on your behalf spitting into your drink

>People say tips are good because it keeps food cheap
>The savings are eaten up by the 20+% you tip
>If you think your service was kind of shit you still have to tip anyway
Whats the point?

>boohoohoo i'm not even payed minimal wage
then quit your job

fastfood places are where it's at anyway

Attached: fe8a625e8e2f791927e4d387f405eb77.jpg (1200x677, 154K)

>Go to nice restaurant yesterday with large party as celebration for friend big work project
>Server is a total moron and fucks up every order and ticket
>20% service charge because Seattle

I paid for the one drink he actually got right. Manager voided one ticket entirely because they couldn’t find it in their system. No idea what happened to the other one because I left while a few others sorted it out. May as well have just done it ourselves.

Yes and no. I start at 20% and knock down for things I don't like. Slow service, no service, bad service, automatically putting my gratuity in there for me.. I knock some off if you're a female and you're dialing up the charm too much. If you're anybody and you make dull conversation, or if you weird me the fuck out. Minimum of $1 (or $0 if you suck), maximum of $20 (unless you're exemplary). If you give reasonable service for a $400 meal, you get $20. You're not entitled to make more because your management overprices shit and wants to be ritzy.

>are they not inherently required to provide prompt service?

apparently not.

In France tips are called "pourboires", literally "for drinks". Meaning if your waiter was fast, polite and friendly, you can leave some change so he can buy a drink.

fucking this

Attached: 1527782093821.jpg (350x262, 14K)

That'll show them

I mean the picture is literally stepping on a rattle snake. The person that posted that probably doesn't get outside much.

Attached: download.jpg (900x530, 145K)

>20% of all American restaurant bills are un taxed income
Huh

Attached: images.jpg (448x328, 33K)

>Already received said service
>it felt like 15% to me.

Attached: 1513420844151.png (1258x1149, 1.02M)

I never understood how what I tip will retroactively ensure that I get my food in a timely manner.

ya I don't tip anymore unless its a stripper or a bartender.

They are taxed if you report them. Hence, servers pocket cash tips but it’s impossible not to report CC tips.

Just put 5 singles on the table, make sure the waiter sees, take away one single every time they mess up. Make sure to lock eyes as you take money away so they understand

Shit son. If a waitress told me I'd have to leave a tip to 'insure' prompt service I'd tell the restaurant owner to fuck off and die. Then go somewhere that wasn't so fucked up.

>fires anyone who doesn't make enough tips
This is a waitstaff lie to guilt people into tipping. Waistaff don't want their employer to make up the difference between tipped and regular minimum because it means they're making a lot less than tipped employees expect(want) to make.
Tipping doesn't screw over workers, it screws customers.
>Servers are paid $2-$3
What a distortion of the truth. Yes, they are paid tipped minimum if they don't make up the difference with tips. Guess who makes up the difference if the customers don't?(hint:it's the person who is supposed to be paying their wage) But they don't want that because they make way more with tips than they would if they were paid what their worth by their employer.
>private transactions
What transaction is happening with a tip? It is income and should be reported as such. You can argue about the validity of income taxes, They aren't a valid form of tax, that doesn't make tipping not retarded.
This is the only acceptable tipping. Though if you have fives or singles you should make it $85 not $90.

wtf !!! $16 tip, holy fuck thats mental

how uncivilized and uncultured

I never tip.
Fuck waiters and fuck delivery people.
You want a tip?
GET A BETTER JOB, YOU BUMM!!!!

Attached: 93FD59E3-111B-4DEE-86F7-2279E5CB179B.jpg (660x660, 145K)

>What transaction is happening with a tip?
Money in exchange for service rendered. Literally the definition of "Financial Transaction"
Are you dense?

Wow a whole five dollar tip that will certainly impress the waitress. Where are you eating McDonalds?

Attached: 1519156072408.png (473x488, 226K)

anyone who does this is a fucking loser

5 dollar tip is fuckall anyway

Are you retarded?

>Gee, why did someone key my car after I demanded the one penny for the 19.99 pizza I ordered

They get 1 cent.

it's a "We won't spit in your food" tax...

The servers literally hold your food hostage for money.

You idiots, if you are spending more you would put 10 singles

>to ensure proper service
You mean to be extorted for the service you're paying for. The service over here is great and it doesn't have tipping.

It's the way of the future. I look forward to a hot bot with that psychologist AI that also makes amazing mojitos.

>At Mexican restaurant
>Visit for a quick lunch
>Get a water, 6.25$ lunch special
>After tax is 6.7$~
>Pay
>Leave a $ and the coins
>Waittress walks by and asks why I dont leave 2$

and thats the last time I ever went there, I fucking miss the egg and chorizo lunch special but I only ever maximum tip 15% of the un-taxed food cost.

Required tipping is absolutely and mind bogglingly retarded.
Over here you tip someone if you're really pleased with the service. Tips are never expected.
But hey, I guess leave it to the mutts, with their retarded fucking imperial system, and their retarded required tipping, and their retarded month/day/year instead of day/month/year writing.
How are you a super power?

>Money in exchange for service rendered.
No, that's paying the bill to the restaurant. The restaurant will then pay their employees for the service they perform for the restaurant. Why should you or I the customer pay an employee directly? When you go to a store do you pay the wages of the employees you interact with?
The idea is that when you're repeat customer they'll remember "this guy doesn't tip, fuck him". Which shows that the kind of waitstaff who expect tips are not the kind who should be in customer service.

>mojitos

Attached: 1527790582082.jpg (700x933, 98K)

I'm a cheap bastard, usually only tipping $2.50, never more than $4.
Bitches get mad about it for some reason, but I still fuck them raw in the end.

They are supposed to be taxed, wait staff are just pieces of shit who lie and steal from the tax payers

>servers accept this

I am not responsible for their poor life choices.

>3 złotys
3 what now?

Attached: mutt.jpg (883x904, 91K)

Why in the world would i pay full price for my meal and then add 20% MORE.
Include it in the price or fuck off

>womyn studies major waiting tables

Attached: CB09F971-100C-4633-90AB-E300E797C6A9.jpg (1072x1500, 261K)

>conveniently written on toilet paper to make it more comfortable

Attached: 1519954739525.png (378x357, 81K)

What in the actual fuck am I looking at here? Is this a known birth defect of some kind? I can only imagine this body type is called "tumor."

you tip at the end. How in the fuck is tipping at the end of service supposed to ensure quick service in the past ?

>tip yourself 100% of your net worth
>somehow the IRS finds out and taxes it as an income

>No, that's paying the bill to the restaurant.
That's a separate transaction. Tipping would be something in addition to that.

>Why should you or I the customer pay an employee directly?
Because if they provided you with a good enough service you might WANT to. It's literally that simple.
Hand to hand cash transactions is financial freedom and fuck paying even more taxes on top of what we already do.

Obviously if you don't want to tip then you just don't tip, you have that right as a consumer.

Attached: Capture.png (1351x292, 18K)

An $84 check is a bit high, so I think this is aimed at large parties and black people. Ask any american waiter (literally, do it) and they'll tell you blacks don't tip. Moving on...

If you show up to a restaurant and have a large party, around 6+ people, the restaurant will likely charge a gratuity for tending to your party over other patrons. This is meant to ensure that your party is promptly cared for while not forcing anybody to wait for service because of you. So the ideal situation for your waiter is to get the meager pay from the restaurant + a portion of gratuity + your tip. The logic is that the more people = more service = larger tip.

Americans are never forced to tip, nor announce their intention about it. It's primarily social pressure that enforces tips, hence payment at the very end. You and your waiter should still be kind to each other, regardless of if you intend to tip.

It's a shitty system, but it's there to keep waiters """well paid""" while the restaurant pays nothing to them.

Attached: 1526948151428.jpg (600x600, 65K)

For such a hedonistic society with pretty much zero standards and barriers to entry, we have ludicrous amounts of social pressure to conform. Even clerks and cashiers have tip jars now because a non-insignificant amount of people are too cucked to not tip people whom it's not even "customary" to tip. It's like we've made alms into an unofficial social tax.

Does any other country have consumers who have absolutely no idea what they are going to spend prior to going shopping or out to eat? It's annoying enough that tax isn't figured into the sticker price of items, but tack on tips and it's legitimately a mystery what you'll pay for your good and services

Imagine the lawsuit though.
You'd probably get the restaurant shut down and six or seven figures.

When did it stop being 15%?
Hell, when did it stop being 10%?
Hell, why is it an expected source of revenue?

When I visited america a few years ago, the tour guide said tipping was rounding up and adding a dollar (e.g. bill is 25.40, so give 1.60). How true is this? Didn't get any complaints for doing it back then.

>impress the waitress
This is the saddest mentality ever. Why would I need to impress some dried up roastie instead of saving more money to spend on people who are actually useful?

Attached: b995dd3da8c.jpg (420x294, 20K)

>Even clerks and cashiers have tip jars now
Hahahahaahhahah I'm sorry, what??

>See black people
>Provide shit service because you know blacks don't tip

It's literally just stereotyping that underemployed liberals won't acknowledge

>be in Greece
>Decide to tip the women who clean up the room
>room looks good that day
>decide to not tip the next day
>They do nothing.
>Don't tip anymore
>They don't clean up at all. For 2 weeks.
Fuck that. Tips should be a thank you. Not the other way around

Not for spit you wouldn't, I know a guy who had some kind of seizure or some shit in a hospital because they hooked is drug dispensing machine to his artery instead of his vein and he got 375,000

>20%
Nope.

Attached: 1522705282478.jpg (940x903, 228K)

They don't "accept" it, they love it. With tips they make way more than they could otherwise.
>That's a separate transaction. Tipping would be something in addition to that.
No, it isn't. Paying the bill is paying for the food. Why would you pay the server on top of that? This is retarded.
>you might WANT to
No on wants to tip
>the restaurant will likely charge a gratuity for tending to your party over other patrons
And that's fucking retarded. If they pulled that shit on me I'd tell them to fuck off. What's the difference between two 3 person tables and one 6 person table?

I do this with my dog and treats. He understands about as well as a waiter would.

how does this work?

how will a tip insure prompt service if you tip after?

what if you don't care about prompt service?

Attached: tiresome.jpg (807x659, 42K)

Attached: 1513305584212.jpg (360x425, 39K)

If you don't want to tip quit being lazy cheap fat fucks and cook your own food instead of getting delivery or going to restaurants with waiters. Or go to a fast food restaurant if you can't afford to tip. Tipping is for weeding out shitty waiters or delivery persons, because if they can't make up the difference in tips after repeated bad service then they need a job were they get paid the same as other employees regardless if they suck.

It's OK. Servers know that foreigners tip for shit, just like niggers. You did OK, bong.