THAT'S A GOOD THING GENERAL

The demise of Star Wars.

>mostly white fans, mostly male.
>make anti-white, anti-male movie.
>denounce your fans as toxic
>movies flop
>"you fucking racist sexists assholes! You're supposed to love my movie that says kys!"

Previous:

Attached: GOOD THING.jpg (3521x3837, 2.71M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_fHfgU8oMSo
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>Let's shove postcolonial Marxist politics down the throats of the White fan base, what could possibly go wro-

Attached: star_wars_empire_vs_rebels.png (800x548, 594K)

why aren't videogames kill yet?
whill this ever end?

Attached: the_ride_never_ends.gif (500x500, 205K)

Real /comfy/ being a 40K fan right now.

>STD is the culmination of a decade long identity Crisis for Star Trek, trapped in the nostalgia for TNG/DS9
> Star Wars is beginning to Self Destruct courtesy of The Mouse
> Marvel is currently imploding due to terrible creative decisions, again courtesy of The Mouse
> DC Cinematic Universe has imploded with Joker getting a movie, while comics are decent enough.
> Winds of Winter will howl in hell before GRRM releases another book.
> Warhammer 40K, Despite Arch Warhammer's protestations, is doing quite well, has recovered from The Ward and C.S Goto and will certainly survive Warhammer Adventures largely unscathed. Has solid authors like Dan Abnett around to keep the shittier parts contained.

SO glad i dont even watch anymore. Havent been to tbe theatres in years. I love being able to just not even read or give a fuck about star wars.

Anyone else just stopped consuming media in general? I used to go to movies fairly frequently, but I've gone to very few in the past ten years or so. It's tiring seeing all these 'feminist' Mary Sue-type characters and emasculated men. I wouldn't really mind if it was an every once in a while thing, I quite liked Midnight in Paris, for example, but it's just so constant these days. I want more films like Sicario, Interstellar, Inception, etc. Genuine films with believable characters.

I knew the new SW films were going to be cancer when I saw TFA, when Finn grabbed Rey's hand and she swatted it away, saying she doesn't need a man to protect her, and Finn then proceeded to be absolutely incompetent while being protected by her. That set the tone for the rest of the movie and the feminist, Mary Sue BS continued unabated throughout. I didn't see any of the others, but from what I read, they continued the trend.

I wonder when filmmakers are going to understand that women being violent, overpowered characters is not believable. No one identifies with those characters, and I can't help but wonder if the current hyper aggressive female snarkiness I see quite often in IRL media is inspired by seeing women be violent, insanely overpowered rude characters on TV and in movies.

Attached: 1514813739094.jpg (1579x1920, 1.93M)

Attached: childhood_startrek_adulthood_wh40k.jpg (600x684, 85K)

The problem is that there isn't some well spring of minorities and women who were actually held back from watching this shit because it was too white and male, only autistic screeching "social commentators" care that much. The women and minorities who are into this shit were already there and largely don't care for this social justice shit outside of a bemused "lol white men on suicide watch"; the whole belief that this turbo-SJWism would result in a huge broadening of the demographic for Star Wars is a farcical misunderstanding on the part of a giant corporation who didn't realize that the leftist ideologues promoting this view were really just fulfilling their own internal need to satisfy their savior fantasy rather than having landed upon a valuable business insight.

These days the content I consume is overwhelmingly the stuff made by /ourguys/. Podcasts, Murdoch Murdoch, parody music & fashwave, pretty much anything published by Castalia House. Sure, the budget isn't yet there to do the same level of FX as Star Wars et al., but fuck it, it's better in almost every way than the dreck coming out of the mainstream.

Building a counter-culture doesn't just mean politics.

Attached: 1-hereshowweco.jpg (668x475, 107K)

Just get into good anime. I’m waiting at the edge of my seat for the fourth box set for Hunter X Hunter at the end of the month.

>almonds activated

Attached: star wars sjw.jpg (1176x1210, 341K)

well said

And the best part is, if you show some *actual* female or minority characters in the 40K setting to the people Disney tries to appeal to, their brains will break.

Shira Calpurnia: Stronk Indypendynt Womyn, or Fascist Pig?

Jesus fucking Christ that collage shows what a complete disgrace modern (((news))) media is.

There are non-fascist characters in WH40k?

Aside from corpses, I mean.

>why rogue one is not getting a sequel
i cant think of a single reason why

Attached: 1526078081721.png (657x600, 84K)

I wish I could get into 40k (I have tried), but I can't take seriously orks and elves in space. It breaks a key immersion requirement somewhere in my brain.

I'm down to a select couple of shows that either don't have sjw crap or are low key about it. Expanse, Colony, The Terror, etc. Don't go much to the movies, maybe once a month. I stopped watching TV a decade ago... the games I play are mostly old stuff like Diablo II.

What else? Books, I love sci-fi novels, but it has become increasingly difficult to find good non-sjw converged stuff. Castalia House does not publish my type of sci-fi atm, sadly, so I am left with several old-ish authors that I follow and respect. The new authors are utter cancer.

goddamn i understand some authors base characters off themselves but this is just cringe

Start with Chaos or Necrons and work your way from there.

are these pictures fake? They have to be fake,

I can't deal with how over the top everything is. I look at the pics and everything is cringe. I prefer a bit more grounded space opera like Alastair Reynolds or Peter Hamilton (who has a new book coming September yeehaw).

They are real, sorry user

I tried watching the one on netflix and turned it off when they started freaking out about someone working on a "Planet Destroyer". You've already colonized space, there should already be weapons that can destroy planets.

Did you notice the literal halo she has on her head?

>dulled purple hair
>faded dull rebel garb
nothing of that blob of a writer I mean text makes it into the film other than the last two sentences I wonder why

Uh, did you see the (((diversified))) kids novels they are coming out with for warhammer?

i used to love movies too. they just went to shit

Did you read Alastair Reynolds' new series? It's his take on an 'optimistic future' ... by which he means niggers in space. Pic related. It's godawful. In one of the books the entire conflict revolves around a star fleet that can't slow down because when they launched, they figured they'd know how to do it properly when they got there. Which is the kind of stupid shit you'd expect space niggers to do. To be fair you could really tell his heart wasn't in it.

Revelation Space was consistently fantastic, though.

Attached: 9424053.jpg (307x475, 63K)

And they will most likely flop and be forgotten about, like THAT Movie. Heretek, Deserter and Traitor rarely make for good stories. But even Arch of all people has been saying it's not the end of Warhammer.

>”quirky”
This word needs to die.

Sure did and you nailed it. The whole Poseidon's Children is cringe worthy pandering to leftists, you got niggers in space, trannies, you name it.

I even confronted him on his blog asking why he suddenly started injecting this political bullshit when Rev Space was magnificent without it and he told me to look for another favourite writer if I did not like his new style. Not sure whether he is scared to be labeled by the sjw crowd and is pandering to them or is baiting for a Hugo. You don;t just suddenly start putting Africans as protagonists and people using weird pronounce as major characters in your books out of nowhere.

His newest trilogy Revenger is more young adult, but is quite unreadable as well. Leagues beneath Rev Space, the protagonists are two rebellious sisters who go on space adventure to find themselves.

Don't be stupid, a player as big as disney does not make such foolish mistakes. Turning starwars into a sjw shitshow has nothing to do with disney not knowing how to make money, the truth is that they are willing to tank huge financial losses just for the sake of poisoning people with left wing garbage. It is common sense that nobody likes to see blacks and chinks on tv, everybody knows this, let alone enormous corporations. As I said, it is all about indoctrination, not money.

It is both. The core reason is political propaganda, yes, but don't forget most of the share holders are not related or close to Disney ideologically, so once income starts dropping they will be unhappy.

Dude break out into genuine classic literature and film. You only need to go back less than 100 years before literally everyone of merit was /ourguy/.

Income for Disney is not going to drop besides if it does Disney will just buy up there own shares.

Bulgaria can't into economics

>SW movies flop
>income is not going to drop

Ok user, you got me.

If pic related is to be believed, they are already unhappy with the flop and are looking for a scapegoat.

Attached: kath.png (965x253, 36K)

I'M TALING ABOUT STOCK PRICE YOU DUMB мaнгaл

Kek. Let's do it. I posted this at the end of the last thread:
>How long will it be until some soi-fed faggot decides that 'We need to decolonise Star Wars' or some load of shit like that?

>Make a movie every three months
>People get bored
>R-RACISM

Attached: BLM Rallies.gif (375x300, 2.24M)

>stock price
>income

The absolute state of diaspora shills

star wars is shit anyway. there, I said it.

Nah, capeshit is drenching us in movies yet they are still popular. It's not saturation, it's injecting political garbage into it that's putting the core fanbase off.

user, I...

Attached: 1527524235782.jpg (500x764, 144K)

No one is safe

One of the things that bothers me is that none of these writers have even a basic understanding of military tactics or the rules of the universe they're writing for. I'm not even talking EU, just basic stuff from the film.
>tracking ships in hyperspace is nothing new, Han makes a note that the Millennium Falcon is particularly hard to track because of her speed. The Falcon is the exception that proves the rule
>Liea insists on having the fleet hang around during the evacuation to wait for the fighters to board. We've seen that the X-wings and A-wings are hyperspace capable. Presumably the bombers are, too. There's no reason the fleet can't jump away while the fighters and bombers fight a delaying action.
>For God's sake, split up the fleet. Leia was around for the evacuation of Hoth. Have the fleet split up and make several jumps then meet at a rendezvous later. Even if Hux can track them, the Rebs have a dozen ships, the First Order had six or seven.
>Pic related should be in charge of the First order fleet. He's the only military officer who shows even moderate competence on either side. He's an old school Imperial who realizes he's stuck serving the Imperial remnant led by Discount Palpatine and Darth Emo.
>During the White Bronco chase that is the main plot, radio one or two of the other Dreadnaught class Star Destroyers Poe mentions in the beginning and have them jump into the path of the fleeing Rebel fleet and blow them to Hell.
Nevermind the plot holes, fucking over of Luke, Leia and Han as characters and the SJW bullshit. The worst aspect of this abortion is that every character on screen is a semi functional retard who has a plot related idiot ball permanently attached.

Attached: captain-canady-db_335c9e1a.jpg (1280x640, 99K)

The writers and director have zero understanding of SW lore and how things work in-universe. The hyperspace ram convinced me of this, it is well known ships have hyper shields that prevent such action, but nooo.. lets destroy 40 years of continuity for a cool shot.. surely no one will notice!

Try Jim Butcher's The Dresden Files. It's modern fantasy with a private eye wizard as the main character. It has Fae, three or flavors of vampire. There are fallen Angels bound to the thirty prices of silver given to Judas that grant people that bear them power. They're opposed by three Knights of the Cross each who carry a Holy sword fashioned from one of the nails that held Christ on the cross. And they're only in quarter of the books. There are fifteen novels so far with another due in October, two short story anthologies and several original graphic novels. Ignore the Sci Fi series of the same name. It bears litte resemblance to the books. First Novel is Storm Front which is probably the weakest. It only gets better from there.

I read the first one and I liked the characters a lot. I think I stopped somewhere mid second book, the one with the werewolves, I remember something about a biker gang of werewolves, some real estate scam, a demon trying to learn Harry's true name... read it years ago. I need to pick it up again, it was really cool, thanks for reminding me.

White male trolls ruined the Star Wars franchise
>And it's a good thing.

Attached: star-wars-abrams-FMW.jpg (600x816, 52K)

It's almost as if the entertainment press all share the same (((author))).

Butcher's fun to read, but methinks he's a yuge pedo. Listen to the audiobooks.

Try discworld. Pratchett's a genius.

That little kike put me off Star Wars with his 'Star Wars is too white' bullshit.

>but I can't take seriously orks and elves in space
you're not supposed to take them seriously, you're supposed to kill them

The more gay they make it, the more people like the bad guys

Attached: 1478653504451.jpg (656x214, 74K)

I used to be a huge starwars fan and bought all the EU crap lucas shoved towards me. Then TFA came out and even an autistic fanboy like me quit watching after that.

Do not do this. He is a filthy leftist faggot and it becomes far less restrained the farther you get into discworld.

It was a cool shot. It just has no business being in a star wars movie. But then, neither did most of the crap that ended up in it.

youtube.com/watch?v=_fHfgU8oMSo

Attached: 1525526957361.jpg (419x421, 23K)

lol wtf all 3 of you are literally me

Attached: 1521133046109.jpg (600x450, 62K)

You're welcome. Butcher was getting his feet under him in the first two books. The third book, Grave Peril, gets things rolling. Major players get introduction. You meet Micheal Carpenter, Knight of the Cross, Fist of God, Weilder of Ammoracus (which may or not be Excalibur) and general badass. He met his wife when he saved her from a dragon.

Given the way he describes Maeve and Molly Carpenter, I think Ephebophile is more accurate.

Fuck it, downloaded Grave Peril and starting it now. It's 4:30AM, seems appropriate.

Memeflag left on muuh phone

All I consume is Jow Forums.

You did better than me. I made it to Rogue One and was going to stop there. Then I basically got railroaded into seeing The Last Jedi in the theater.

You won't be dissappointed. Harry is pretty clearly one of the good guys. Evil is real in Dresden and must be actively opposed. And Harry is tempted. As he grows in power every supernatural hussy throws herself at him to try to gain control of him. Vampires, succubi, fallen angels, Fairie Queens, they're all after him. By book ten or twelve Arcangels are taking an active interest in him. And old school gods show up, too.

>Make a shit film
>Ruin a franchise
>Jerk off twitter what a good job you did

Attached: 215504.png (69x85, 6K)