How long until we can accelerate the formation of cells on Mars?

nasa.gov/press-release/nasa-finds-ancient-organic-material-mysterious-methane-on-mars

Could we be God if we did intervene with the creation of life on Mars?

Attached: organic molecules.png (452x300, 17K)

why dont we send some ejaculate in a baggie to get the humans going there?

not how it works
t. non amerishart education

Attached: 1528454736301.jpg (1280x720, 63K)

look dude

Attached: default-1503324546-cover-image.PNG.jpg (718x405, 31K)

yeah I know this exists, but the atmosphere is 95% carbon dioxide and 2% nitrogen. I'm taking the creation of new life that can survive under these conditions.

well duh babies born on mars would breathe mars air

no

Attached: 1528338908473.png (291x313, 138K)

ah i see you dont really want an answer or looking for a solution you just want to waste my time even though i gave you some good ideas

>human cells need celular respiration to live
>cellular respiration needs oxygen to function
>there is no oxygen in Mars' atmosphere
>therefore human cells cannot live on Mars

but MARTIANS will

dude go be a christfag somewhere else
there's no way you're this dense

bump

>christfag
>bump
>le epic trollsman

do you not know what a bump is

not yet im picking some up later

Attached: 136qu0.jpg (480x338, 16K)

I think they need you back on The Don

fucking faggot

got him

Attached: 1528175418857.jpg (125x125, 3K)

pooper packer if you love mars so much why dont you marry it

Attached: 1527484490062.jpg (400x320, 19K)

fuck this lame thread imma go play RO2

Might as well use this thread. Titan (one of Neptune's moons) has more fossil fuels than the Earth ever has had.
Question: how can it have fossil fuels if there were never fossils there?
Serious question.
I'm guessing fossil fuels don't actually come from fossils, that's just one of the possible sources and the name stuck because it's catchy.
Like global warming and whatnot.

titan doesnt have fossil fuels it has methane which can be produced from gasses

Kek

Is methane not natural gas? Is natural gas not a fossil fuel?
I probably got this all wrong.

methane is a natural gas in a sense that it comes naturally from the universe but its not a product of biological life

redditfag's got you there

methane can be created from geothermal means (when volcanic rock interacts with water, etc)
but the weird thing about the discovery of methane on Mars, is that it's a *seasonal* release, which is a very odd if it is being released geologically

Mars is a meme to laundry money and to use distractions from important events whenever convenient. Plus, you can't create life out of nothing, especially not on a shithole like Mars.

Thanks.

if we ever find petroleum on titan then you can worry

>can't create life out of nothing
why does biology trigger christ fags so much?

Attached: 1527673819637.jpg (622x424, 28K)

I know wikipedia is not the best source, but I checked it out of curiosity. It is said:
>Three conditions must be present for oil reservoirs to form:
>a source rock rich in hydrocarbon material buried deeply enough for subterranean heat to cook it into oil,
>a porous and permeable reservoir rock where it can accumulate,
>a caprock (seal) or other mechanism to prevent the oil from escaping to the surface
If methane is a hydrocarbon that can occur naturally without the presence of life, couldn't oil also happen without the presence of life?

I think the hydrocarbons have to be long-chained.
It goes from long chain polymer (sucrose and cellulose from plant matter) down to a medium chain monomer (crude oil). It would require much more energy to go from a very short molecule (methane) to this crude oil, because the energy it takes to split molecules is much lower than the energy to combine molecules

Terraforming mars is a dumb idea. Venus is unironically a better option.

Isn't there a theory by some Russian scientists that oil is a naturally occurring substance and not a product of dead dinosaurs?

well there might be some relevance to it still being a *theory*
It's widely accepted that our oil deposits come from fermenting deposits of long-chain hydrocarbons. They can even re-create some form of crude oil using the same techniques with algae samples.

Venus is way out of the goldilocks zone, There's no way that setup is sustainable.

Mars only became a shithole after Hitler robbed it of its magnetic field. That feel when Mars is the Poland of the solar system.

4 km above the surface of Venus, Earthlike temperatures and pressures prevail.

it would actually be 50-65km above
what's the point of making a floating colony when you could just begin to terraform Mars with an easy nuclear blast at each pole of the planet

>pops your balloon

Mars is a lost cause. It's got no magentosphere so it's constantly bombarded by cosmic radiation. Anything living there is going to get cancer.