So we basically had 2 Columbine scale shootings this year

in the US. I feel statistically there will be one more with >10 deaths given the scope and scale of America.

So with all the new competition, why is Columbine still heralded as the mecca for this type of massacre when more bloody and violent ones have already occurred? I don't see anyone reminiscing about the Virgina Tech Shootings.

Attached: 1920px-Nikolas_J._Cruz_being_arrested_by_police_in_Florida,_February_14,_2018.jpg (1920x1080, 640K)

So basically rottentomatoes the school shootings

They weren't the first but they were the most iconic. The timing, who did it, the uniforms, the mass media coverage, and tons of other shit is why Columbine will be remembered as an iconic event while events like Virginia Tech will become more and more forgotten. On top of that the 20 year anniversary is next year so I imagine they'll renew interest in Columbine even more.

Columbine shooters were white. VT was a gook.

Yep. The media pretty much glorified the shooting which caused copy cats

More people die in texting-while-driving accidents every month than have died in ALL school shootings combined.

Attached: 1528431022342.jpg (1000x750, 41K)

Columbine is seen as the first (though they always happened in the US). Go listen to I Don't Like Monday's by the Boomtown Rats. It was a modest hit in the US even though it tells the true story of a teen girl shooting up a school across the street from where she lived. Columbine just came about at a time when most everyone was on the Internet and 75 percent of the country got Cable News channels in their homes. VaTech isn't talked about because the shooter wasn't a white guy and it took place at a college. 35 percent of Americans are college educated. 90+ percent have spent time in high school. A HS shooting is more relatable.

yes, the (((powers that be))) are very desperate to disarm us before it's too late and they get voted out of power, glad it didn't work

why are school shooters less likely/willing to off themselves at the end of their sprees these days? The columbine kids popped themselves before the cops even got into the building. Both kids this year didn't even try, they just "gave up" and surrendered. The guy at Parkland just fucking walked away, not trying to escape or anything, he just calmly walked to McDonalds. It seems odd to me, if they're so nuts they'd do this why don't they off themselves instead of just surrendering?

I wonder if anyone’s got info on mass stabbings in the US. I know of only four.

> why is columbine the Mecca

Because, aesthetics.

Attached: a1bc6d_4025489.jpg (1599x889, 217K)

just imagine if they had actually gotten their bombs to detonate

Attached: 1520884926076.jpg (250x238, 32K)

Las Vegas still has the high score for single shooter* kill spree.

* there still is no clear evidence that it was a single shooter although the official narrative states so.

kino composition

Columbine was the most aesthetic school shooting. You have the tag team. You have the Tec-9. You had Charlton Heston and his famous quote "from my cold, dead hands". You had the 2000 election around the corner. You had violent video games being shilled against as well as musicians like Marilyn Manson. America was still surprisingly non-degenerate even as late as the 90's so this was quite a shock for the average white American.

People truly don't understand how shit the world has become after 9/11.

Funny thing is Eric's plan was to outdo Timothy McVeigh but the bombs in the cafeteria failed. So more than likely Eric at least died thinking of NBK as a failure yet even now it's as iconic as Charles Manson or OJ Simpson.

Technically not a spree, which the cops define as being on the move while killing in a short time span. He was the highest kill single location shooter since Normandy, I'd bet.

So can someone explain to me why they need an automatic assault rifle and not a pistol to defend themselves?

unironically this

Paddock's old and boring so except for the kill count he won't much of an interest to a lot of people into studying school shootings.

Attached: 2000.jpg (2000x1455, 636K)

>People truly don't understand how shit the world has become after 9/11.
I have a niece who was born in 2005. One day she asked me what was 9/11 like, and I showed her the videos of the planes hitting the buildings on JewTube and then had a good 30 minute conversation with her about how she’ll never truly understand how different everything was before that day. Sometimes I think that maybe things felt the same for Americans after 12/07/1941

Attached: db649766538c16f12d7b8e0a4b8a5cd6.gif (500x281, 1.96M)

>Technically not a spree, which the cops define as being on the move while killing in a short time span. He was the highest kill single location shooter since Normandy, I'd bet.

Didn’t know. Thanks senpai!

riddle me this; how did the police know he was the shooter if he was wearing full suit/mask?

Attached: massacre time.jpg (1280x1274, 376K)

Thats cause half the world wasn’t born or couldn’t comprehend pre 9-11

Columbine was easily the most influential mass shooting in US history. But what really started it was the killing of eight nurse college girls in a townhouse in Chicago back in 1966 by Richard Speck. He didn’t use a gun however. He used a knife.

The second most influential recent mass shooting was Charleston. John Russell Houser mentioned him in his manifesto/note that he left, the Sutherland Springs shooter glorified him and said he would do the same thing, Emanuel Kidega Samson perpetrated his mass shooting at a white church in Tennessee as retribution for the Charleston Church Shooting, Vester Flannagan shot two news reporters also as a revenge attack for the murders of the 9 parishioners, Benjamin McDowell was busted in a plot to shoot up a symagogue “in the spirit of Dylann Roof”, and a whole bunch of shit it lead up to, including the removal of Confederate monuments and Statues, which subsequently lead to Charlottesville and Unite the Right. I would say that Charleston would have to be the second most influential mass shooting (it wins first place if you’re talking about mass shootings since Columbine).