I'm thinking about joining the National Guard

I'm 32 years old, which makes me a little old for this, but it's been something that's been on my mind for at least the past five years. I'd need to train for about 6 months to be in good enough shape for basic training.

Help me decide, Jow Forums

Attached: national-guard.png (786x786, 232K)

Attached: images (3).jpg (242x208, 13K)

I'd advise against it. I was in the USMC reserves and my drill weekends would completely alter my mood. Much like chow in boot, you would count down you months from drill to drill. At least this was my experience.

>I'm 32 years old

Just.....no.

Why not? I'm also a paramedic, if that helps at all.

Drill weekends sound like they'd be a blast (compared to what I currently do)

If you want to be staring down your fellow /polsters on the day of the rope go on and join.

I kid you not, but I was an EMT-I while I was in the reserves and I hated it as well. I can't speak for the NG, but in the Marines, they would have us do the most pointless shit and keep us miserable for the duration of our drill. It was horrible and as I used to work a 24-hr shift on Saturdays, I would kill my paycheck during drill weekends.

I know it will all be jacked Jow Forumssters, which is what intimidates me the most.

>checked
>doublechecked
Sounds like you're speaking the truth.

Yeah, I am not lying. I hated working on an ambulance. Did dialysis and "raisin runs" all morning and occasionally transported a few psyche patients to various facilities. Around 3pm, we would be call to call from auto accidents to shootings. I fucking hated life. Not to mention, every Puerto Rican used our ambulances as a cab service and we couldn't refuse. It was a nightmare, but drill was worse.

I stopped working as a medic a couple years ago to be a lawyer instead. Nearly 100% of my calls were total bullshit: Dialysis runs, nursing home bullshit, and worthless 911 calls. Occasionally, I'd get my shit rocked with the *really bad* emergency call (in NY, it was always crazy shit. In FL, it was always crazier shit.). And yeah, the Puerto Ricans were the worst. I asked one why they called 911, and they told me it's because the hospital has AC. I was so tempted to call for law enforcement, but I would've gotten written up.

Do it. It's fun. It fills up your weekends. Always have something to do and most of the time you just hang out with people. This is after basic though. Basic is a bitch, get through that and you'll be set. Get college paid off.

Very important tips that you need to keep in mind
>if you feel any pain in any body part and it's not on a medical record get that body part mildly injured in basic and blame the army. Get an LOD (mention LOD). It's a waiver for any treatment to that injury. The army will pay for it. It's abusing the system of sorts, but believe me, they will abuse you.
>do not forget to ask your recruiter as many questions regarding benefits and colleges. Try and get the 911 GI, maybe unlikely, but I've seen waivers before. Also get the GI Bill Kicker.
>if you get a technical MOS get a job in the army or ask your unit once you're out of AIT how you can get a job. They pay 23+/hr.

>32
>National Guard
lol.

Yeah, I worked in a shit-tier city outside of Boston and it was the same shit. Tons of heroin overdoses and the majority of them would become combative when you hit them with narcan. This was in the early 2000's and we didn't have cameras in our rig, so a lot of guys would be drinking and doing blow on the job. This made everything worse. It was a real shitshow. If you want to go the military route, look into OCS for the NG. I believe they actually have weekend programs(year long) in lieu of having to do the 12 weeks or so.

I'd do the same if they didn't make you go to normal military training.

I want to be a weekend lieutenant and defend America during the inevitable war that will never come to our shores, so train me on the fucking weekends.

I got written up once for giving just enough narcan to get the pt off the bvm. I got written up because I didn't give the full 1mg vial. That really pissed me off, because had I given the full vial, I would've been fighting a nig in an ambulance going 60mph. Even now, cameras in rigs are fucking rare.

I'm going to check out OCS instead, because I have a graduate degree and would almost certainly be eligible. That would be awesome.

What's wrong with that? Most guardsmen seem older, anyway. Since I live in FL and have useful skills, I'd probably always be activated during hurricanes, which is fine with me.

That's my goal, too. I have no real desire to go overseas and blow away muzzies with an M240.

if you pass basic training you will be a desk jockey. have fun making coffee for a 21 y/o.
maybe you will get lucky and have the honor of dying for Israel.

This is the biggest turn-off, honestly.

Top to bottom, the military is filled with manchildren who want to play shitty social games just like civilians. There's no such thing as patriotism or honor in the United States military.

I will not make coffee for a fucking 21 y/o

See, I was under a much different impression. I thought the most patriotic Americans went into the military, but I guess that's long gone.

When you finish your enlistment you still have about the same amount of time left to be “in reserves”. So if you do 4 years Active Duty you still have another 4 years obligated service and you have to go Guard to do it. So most of the people in your Guard Unit will be people with experience but don’t want to be there. They have had enough but the ride isn’t over. IOW most of the people you meet will be miserable. Just MHO as my “time in reserve” was done before my AD time so i never was in the Guard. They tried to get me but i pointed out that my DD214 was all zeroes on the top line so they quit pestering me.

If youre not doing it for college wtf is the point. You're better off getting a 2nd job or just volunteering if you want to be white knight.

Attached: 1522303973259.jpg (400x400, 23K)

>I will not
haha. have fun with that in the army.
if you do it... do it to pay for school.... and i cant even endorse that.. the US military of old is long gone.

My guess is there are still enough patriotic Americans to fill all the Combat Arms MOSs. The Combat Service Support branches have been cluttered up with trannies and fags for years.

Society changes and the military changes along with it. The stories i could tell of my dad’s “brown shoe army”.

I met with a recruiter once and he told me straight up that trannies NEVER get in because they always have shit that disqualifies them (scars, drug abuse, etc)

I'm extremely patriotic, but worked as a paramedic instead of doing ROTC & going into the military after college. Basically, my dad (who served in Vietnam) and my grandfather (who served in WW2) talked me out of it. It's still my biggest regret. My dad and both of my grandfathers served.

The only scar I have is from knee surgery. I used to run marathons.

What is the percentage of blacks, fags, and trannies that makes a Unit unfit for service? It is way below 50% IMHO. Five or ten per company is more than enough i suspect.

Can I do it to get my loans paid off? Does that work?

this
> also
national G is not just for the home land tons of stories of plebs signing up to be a weekend warrior then dropped of in iraq and afgo

Attached: pepe169.png (600x600, 121K)

When your parents and grandparents who served tell you it has changed so much it is a bad idea you probably should pay attention. I was Medical Corps and even 20 years ago it was depressing. Patsy Schroeder started the ball rolling and even 20 years ago there were far too many “single mothers on Active Duty” with no care plan. I would see 20 year old privates with a three year old kid who had honestly spent far more mornings on Sick Call that AM formation. Not kidding. Young women with 6 months of AD and the Medical Records were in their third edition and all 3 were 6 inches thick. And they were not rare.

Good luck holding down / getting a good civilian job if you join the guard! Go actuve duty if you want to serve.

Attached: 8scoop_wheyfu.webm (640x800, 2.81M)

If you are in the Reserves and have a high demand MOS you can count on being pulled from AD. Seen it happen many times. Thos guys can be seriously pissed.

>you still have another 4 years obligated service and you have to go Guard to do it.
BULLSHIT! You go into the inactive ready reserve (IRR). You don't have any military obligation in the IRR unless WW3 comes along (some were called back during Iraq). You could just ignore their letters and they couldn't do anything if you ignored the IRR recall.

Attached: gym_thot_patrol.webm (400x400, 1.27M)

I'm a lawyer, self-employed, and work my own hours. It's no issue at all. Only problem that could ever come up is court, but (a) I could easily find coverage; and (b) the court would otherwise have to reschedule the hearing.

I admit i am not an expert on enlistments as I was an officer being Medical Corps. My understanding is that a pretty standard enlistment is 4 years Active Duty and 4 years Reserve and once you finish your 4 years AD you still have 4 years Reserve obligation and that 4 is on the top line of your DD214. So you have to get so many points every year and about the only way is to do the weekends, at least a certain percentage. I was the OIC of a busy ER and would always get Reservists coming in on the weekends in uniform to get points.

I didnt really like the NG. It came across as boy scouts for adults. They dont seem to take the job seriously and you get hand-me-downs from regular army.

If its just for personal development, go for it. Dont worry about the shape you're in. If you arent in shape when you get to basic, they have an outfit they redirect you to before you even get to basic and keep you there. All you do is physical conditioning all day until you pass. They call it FTU, or Fitness Training Unit (also known as Fat Twinkie Unit). Good for weight loss and basic strength conditioning.

I think you would like regular army better, but maybe theres some reason youd rather go NG. I loved basic and AIT, which is done just like regular army. The dismal weekend warrior bit when I got home, not so much.

Good luck.

As a lawyer you would automatically get a COmmision and be in the JAG. Most of those guys spend all their time reviewing contracts. Most of them i met quickly began to hate it.

hate to be the fuck tard that says this
> good goy go die for the kikes
quit pimping this shit

Attached: jud12.jpg (973x547, 221K)

I was enlisted medical. When I was in they were doing stoploss. I was held a year over my contract for an all expenses paid trip to trashghanistan.

Officers also have IRR time that they have to fulfill. They can still be called back to active duty from the IRR if they do not resign their commission.

It's something I would encourage you to look into. OIF/OEF vets got completely fucked over with stoploss and IRR recalls.

Attached: roasties_BTFO.gif (226x200, 1.88M)

>start workday
>32 year old e-4 user newfag desk jockey filing some paper
>21 year old XO walks in after morning run "hey newfag make some coffee"
>newfag 32 year old "I will not."
>disobeying orders
>shitcanned
>dishornorable discharge
>life ruined
Yes, the military sounds perfect for you.

Attached: 1528487416399.jpg (500x377, 82K)

Dude. My DD214 was all zeroes on the top line 25 years ago. I didn’t go Guard then and i am pretty sure they wouldn't have me now if i really wanted in.

You're either drunk, insane or replied to the wrong post.

OP asked for advice. I gave my experience and opinion.

Moreover, a short stint in the military gives experience handling weapons for SHTF that rednecks often dream of using but are too pussywhipped by the federal government to actually train with because faggots like Harold Covington will happily spend all day droning on the internet but is afraid black helicopters will descend on him and his fat weird friends if they ever so much as have a barbeque meeting together, much more actually get together to train basic survival skills.

Im sorry. Ive really lost patience for keyboard nationalists, especially when you jump my shit about a simple post.

Attached: nwf4.jpg (666x852, 247K)

In the old brown shoe army the Lt would just get an NCO to choke 32 year old E4 out and mop the floor with his face. No paper work would ever be filed and “it never happened”. 32 year old E4 gets a “wood line attitude adjustment”. Those were the days.

I know a medic who joined at 32

He did fine.

I notice Jow Forums likes to race to the keyboard to jerk off to their fantasies about subjects they have no experience in, know nothing about nor really have the ambition to learn

Its taken me this long to realize what a joke the base here is. Shame on me.

There's a cutoff age for the infantry for a reason and as far as I know a cutoff age for every branch in the US military in general. Past a certain age, your value drops exponentially and it's right around the 29-30 mark for the majority of people. For anyone with a brain, you're hitting this age at the end of at least your first contract if not your second and deciding if you're getting out after 6-10 years or sticking it out for the full 20. It's not the time for you to just be signing up and it's funny to me they even let people sign up at 32 when we're not in a period of overextending our resources. Your friend who said he "did fine" probably ate shit throughout boot, was the slowest in the pack, the one everyone had to slow down for or keep helping, basically the weakest link in the chain. It's extremely, extremely rare someone's going to boot at that age even after training alone for 6 months and going to be in physical shape to cut it. It's a young guy's game and those guys 30-35 are already XOs, COs, Warrant Officers and shit like that not gomer pyle e-3s.

Attached: gayshit.jpg (500x375, 23K)

at 32, you are not old at all by any means

however,

i wouldn't do it. i just don't see the benefits of doing it if you're 32, i mean i could see doing it younger so you can get money to go to college or some shit but idk...

I trained with him when I was 18.

He was an educated medic, not 11B cannon fodder. He didnt need to be whatever pols obsession with young males is.

He got in, passed, and did his job.

I just get the sense that if the cut off were 28, we would no doubt have angsty edge lords bored and trolling for attention through dogmatic assertions that if the military says the cut off is 28, then 26 is actually too old. Its one of the 'games people play". We are playing "I have higher standards than the military and know better what age is too old simply by undershooting the established number".

They are letting in mental cases, druggies, street thugs, gays, trannies, women and so naturally cuck pol starts retreating to age to pontificate about. We live in a generation that is great at beating their chest over winning theoretical battles while cowering from actual lost wars. I have no patience for this; I wasted enough time here.

>I trained with him when I was 18
And? You were likely a fat piece of shit too then if you thought the two of you were on the same physical level of athleticism kek
>educated medic
>not 11B cannon fodder
Oh so he was a POG faggot basically who was just smart enough to be afraid and stay inside the wire but not smart enough for PA school? Right. If you knew dick about dick, you'd know the field medics are usually 10x smarter because they have to constantly improvise and work alone under pressure where as a little bitchboy like your friend has an entire team of actual doctors he works under he all he has to do is basically suck them off but keep thinking what you want kid. I can tell you from experience I've seen far more field medics than your little pussy clinic medics with medals, awards of valor, credentials and experience.
>I've wasted enough time here
Couldn't agree with you more bye

Attached: 46f07416a4f67e9349ddf06fc15302ee-230x300-230x300.jpg (230x300, 13K)

And you got allll that from some user saying he knew a guy at 32.

Then burst into rage-posting, jacking off your imagination and taking a big shit through your keyboard when you realized how obvious you are and were exposed.

All because I said I knew someone who was 32 and it didnt comport with the narrative you apparently think is reality.

When your tantrum is finished, ask for Haldol, it should help with that psychotic emotional outburst problem.

Attached: HomerCrazy.gif (550x550, 137K)

Do it, I'm in the coast guard reserve. It has made me a better person, structure and discipline in my life, a sense of purpose and being part of something bigger, u get paid to train. Do it

You will be the oldest person in your bct class
The change in physicality will catch you unprepared - buy a pair of army surplus boots and train with them
If you need six months of training to do 60 pushups, 60 situps, and run an 18’ 2 mile you need to sort your life out first

>t BCT XO

Try not to get brainwashed, user.

No I got that from basic knowledge on where medics are stationed and with which units. You're one of two things when you're overseas, a clinic medic too scared to go out the wire (95%) of them or a field medic who doesn't give a shit either way. Most of the older, experienced medics are in the field and they keep the dumbasses close in the clinic because if they fuck up in the field there's no PhD or PA right there to fix the problem. Also no scout/recon/11B team is going to trust a medic in the field with them that's incompetent, the bar is set higher that's why you see more of them with awards and medals. I mean I'm just stating facts but keep thinking you're a badass for having a pocket pharmacopeia or something. No one's impressed and most people are laughing at you behind your back.

Attached: 11071463704_bef86113ef_b.jpg (725x484, 235K)

I was the OIC of an Army Medical Clinic for years. I had 30 medics who worked for me and several TMCs i was responsible for as well as my own clinic. Almost all of my medics were fresh out of Ft Sam. About all they could do with any confidence was vital signs. My Admin officer held weekly training sessions for the EFMB and only a dozen showed up at first and we were down to a half dozen in a few weeks. Only 2 got the EFMB. Very few of my medics were any kind of serious. Even the NCOs would pretend their MOS wasn’t medic to get out of sick call. The PAs and the medics that were attached to the battalions were much better but they wouldn’t work close to the flagpole.

Attached: drill.jpg (658x960, 94K)