3d printed guns

has the technology been developed to print guns that have multiple reuse without breaking apart?

Attached: Blade-Runner-Officer-Ks-Blaster-2049-pistol-_57.jpg (1600x1600, 339K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=FinRqCocwGE
youtube.com/watch?v=m8JtbF2ma-4
youtube.com/watch?v=RUXXGbNS8oY
youtube.com/watch?v=R2L3QP5qVgo
youtu.be/maythmZeuBg?t=17
stratasysdirect.com/technologies/direct-metal-laser-sintering/3d-printed-1911-pistol-how-its-made
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

short answer: no
long answer: no

Yes but it is a one time multiple use, or use a lower reciever

why print guns though, print something you cant get like land mines

You can't make a gun fully out of plastic.

ITT people who don't know about the Liberator

Just print flare gun type break open pistols that are one time use with a shotty shell.
Then again, for a one shot zip gun you just need some pipe and a nail.

>people who dont know about reverse molding

its perfectly possible right now

learn basic metalworking skills. The AK-47 receiver can be made from folding sheet metal. makerfags are just obsessed with #d printing because it is their new hammer. When you have a new hammer everything looks like a nail.

Here is a really cool old vice video before it was total shit. They go to a gun market in pakistan and show how illiterate goat fuckers can make very decent modern guns with basic tools.

youtube.com/watch?v=FinRqCocwGE

Makerfags are just lazy and dream of pressing print, walking away, and coming back in a couple hours to a completed product and acting like they have skill.

The 3d steel printers last I looked, produced a working pistol that was about 7 to 10 thousand dollars. Standard metal working techniques can make you a pistol for several hundred dollars out of steel. That is the main reason for the slow adoption of 3d printed guns. As far as plastics go? Your guess is as good as anybody's. Can a plastic strong enough to hold up to automatic rates of fire be produced? I doubt it. The laws of physics are more stubborn than bitches. See if you can get a hold of a 3d steel printer for less than half a million dollars. Get your manufacturing skills up and see if you can make automatics, which you will sell to the war effort for profit, with it. That is how you break the door open for civilian production of machine guns.

Well those parts of guns that are already plastic can be printed, and I've seen a small metal deposition printed test aerospike rocket engine work. I haven't yet heard of a gun that can be completely 3D printed yet, there are some durability issues with deposition printed metal that probably preclude full 3D firearm printing.

Do you seriously think 3d printers are magic and can literally print high explosives?
>The American Education system

Depends what you're carving with and what you're carving. It's wasteful to carve all the parts. But carving the machinations to form the parts isn't.

Could be good in arming people against govt, media etc. Also put weapon and ammo manufacturers out of business. Have things developed faster and modular.

Lethal weapons make mothers love wasted though and fathers work in vain. Better people get better in getting away from cowards and learn to take everything with them. Or pass things on and keep what they like the most in their head. Re-present it. Chinese whispers may even make it better.

>ITT some good goy who blindly repeats whatever propaganda jews tell him on Kikebook without actually vertifying the source
The liberator is not all plastic either, kikenwald.

technically you can, but its a piece of shit
you know you can make real, usable firearms out of metal, right?

>plate metal is plastic

Well technically you can make lots of things. I would call something a gun that has 50% chance of working as a grenade instead.

checkd. Needs a nail as a firing pin.

To be fair, with deposition printing you should be able to produce every other part of the mine, but due to a limited supply of metal deposition printers and the relative novelty of the technology it wouldn't be worth it.

Also, if you really want to 3D print a gun and you live in the USA, then just 3 print an AR-15 lower receiver. That is the only part that is considered the "gun" in the USA. It is the only part that requires the background check. You can literally mail order every single other part to your house online. Print the lower receiver, order all the other parts, and assemble it yourself. The lower receiver doesn't have to handle very much stress. It pretty much just holds the trigger and magazine in place.

Attached: rifle-6.jpg (960x720, 142K)

>makerfags are just obsessed with [3d] printing because it is their new hammer
hear, hear

Attached: pirate.jpg (480x360, 13K)

what about guns using ice bullets?
can't be traced and you can make them at home

If you're talking about FDM, you need metal parts for safety and you need to know what you're doing or your printed parts will fail.
Check out the washbear.
If you're talking about sintered metal (glue shot on metal powder, then part is fired for sintering), you can get pretty decent result but it's pretty new and expensive, and you still need to know what you're doing even more so than FDM, but it's stronger.

Laser sintering printers that print using metals can print a working gun. They are more expensive than a CNC mill and always will be. Should prices drop to where "everyone can afford one" you could have afforded your own mill a decade earlier. And cut out gun parts.

Resin or FDM printers like you'd find at most maker spaces or home users can print designs that require only a bit of outside metal to function, but fire only toy rounds like the .22 to keep from exploding. This can be improved with some designs that include a metal barrel.

... or you can spend $15 on pipe and a nail at Home Depot and make a zip gun in 20 minutes.

Any time a jew is kvetching about how 3D printing needs to be (((regulated))) they're lying.

Attached: oneshot_shotgun[1].jpg (800x650, 227K)

Friendly reminder that the gun is the easiest part to make/get with any tech.
powder, primers and casings are the real problem in countries that are not free.

I want to share information but I will get banned again.

Attached: 1522440260053.jpg (388x443, 151K)

They are probably banned in cucked nations. But nailgun charges are basically bullet cartridges without projectiles. They are a little more powerful than a .22 lr bullet. Not ideal, but at least a start and something mass produced you don't have to manufacture yourself.

Attached: powder-nail-gun-2.jpg (450x355, 19K)

why bother with a 3d printer when you could for the same money buy a decent used CAD/CAM cnc steel milling macchine?

Not a bad idea for ranges. Only need to penetrate paper.
Have a freezer beside where you're firing. Pull out ammo. Load, fire immediately.
Collect casings, replace primer and gunpowder, insert a seal so the gunpowder doesn't get wet. Clench the end of the round and put on a tray where the water will be formed to ice projectiles.
Might even be able to form sabot parts for the ice projectiles out of water too.

So instead of someone going through 50 or so rounds a session. They go through 500, in the same time. Go hard. Reload fast. Waste ammo finding out how the gun shoots.

Casting lead projectiles is the easiest part of making bullets. A regular wood fire is hot enough to melt lead. And you can find lead anywhere in the world and melt it down. Molds are also simple to make.

The chemistry and metalworking involved to make the casing, gunpowder, and primers are the tricky parts.

Gunpowder could be harvested from nailgun charges as I listed here if available in your area.

Funny story. There recently was some major construction going on a floor below us at my job. The contractors were using gunpowder nail guns. They sound like gunshots and they drive the nail in so hard you can feel the building shake. We could feel the impacts under our feet through the floor. Of course the women thought there was an active shooter situation happening from the first few shots. I had to convince them it was just nail guns. We could smell the gunpowder.

looks like it was already used
youtube.com/watch?v=m8JtbF2ma-4

can you print ammunition?

Why would you 3D print a gun? Those machines aren't laying down layers of steel. It's fucking plastic. What's the point? You can make a better gun from parts at the hardware store. Is the entire point of these things just to "look cool?" I really don't get the hype.

That trigger finger

Attached: C0f7T9ZXEAA9nPb.jpg (500x495, 58K)

I'm a sage here's my advice for anyone who wants to make trillions:

*what we are currently doing is melting one chemical composition into another through one part reduction i.e. thermoplastic to cooked thermoplastic.
What we need to do is have three part reduction, which allows for thermo-plasteels similar to the oxo-alloy of aluminium nitroxide.

here's a clue: aluminum, acid containing nitrogen, silicon.

pretty sure it's just "you wouldn't download a car" rhetoric. It's supposed to show that it's as easy as pushing a button to get a gun.

talking point.

untraceable

Ice is not what you want. Glass, gallium, or gelatin. Depleted uranium for everything else.

short answer: no
long answer: yes but it's expensive as fuck and basically not worth it, using 'printers' that aren't what you think of as '3d printing'

the conventional '3d printer', additive printing with plastic wire, is basically a gimmick. it was just a compelling marketing tool to convey the concept of massively distributed manufacturing and rapid prototyping that nanotech is going to bring.

Attached: Derwood Gluty.jpg (1200x900, 397K)

Attached: Lost PLA 10-22.png (1194x1440, 3.2M)

You can't cast a f*cking gun, idiot, it wouldn't be tempered right and would explode in your face

Dude, almost all Ruger components are castings.

Attached: 3D Printed AR-10.gif (416x233, 2.78M)

>acting like they have skill.
You're a retard if you believe that. The whole point if 3d printing is to manufacture things without any skill at all. Unless you're the one making the CAD files.

Meh. There's some handy-work involved for things like removing supports and the like.

Yep, NASA and SpaceX and such are using laser sintering to print rocket engines components that would normally be very complex/expensive to machine.

>automatics
Technically easier to manufacture thank semi, iirc.

you can just make a gun in your garage without the 3d printer.

>"Pure evil in my hand."
Guy was such a faggot that he equates an inanimate object with evil.

In the USA you can 3D print an AR-15 lower receiver, and buy all the other parts of the AR-15 with cash. Perfectly legal and totally untraceable and you actually have a real AR-15, not some single shot bitch pistol shooting a woman's self defense round.

You don't need to make mines out of metal. They're just more effective if you do. Mostly because of shrapnel. You can add nails though and it does the same thing.

The WF designs are pretty neat, IMO.

Attached: Charon-Family-Charon-Rifle.jpg (660x371, 39K)

>reading article on 3D printing
>run across this

Good old (((Wikipedia))). Sex toys are clearly a common application of 3D printing and deserve mention.

Attached: Untitled.png (1408x683, 306K)

Yes, you rely on too many novel things. Pic related just requires that you have a block of metal, not some magic powder.

Attached: lathe.png (440x258, 47K)

Attached: zz7pROq.jpg (1920x1080, 169K)

Fuck that, we need to get going inventing phasers so everything's more like star trek.
Get me Elon Musk on the phone, stat.

Attached: conspiracy251.jpg (694x530, 68K)

Pulse lasers make more sense than a constant stream, desu.

This one is basically a toy, but it shows off the idea pretty well:

youtube.com/watch?v=RUXXGbNS8oY

Is that why Picard had to go get a tommy gun and kill the borg with bullets when the phasers stopped working against them?

Because plastic is what are in people's homes today. In a few years, youtube.com/watch?v=R2L3QP5qVgo
will be available and the groundwork will already be done.

In theory you could specifically design a gun that can be made using a 3d printer. You would probably need reinforced materials though.

So if 3D printers can print anything and, as you claim, are magic, can they print dilithium crystals?
Then all we'd have to do is invent replicators. This is brilliant news.

The liberator is a single shot pistol that you throw away after firing.

has anyone itt ever made the Liberator?

First Contact is NOT canon.

I would rather have mass effect style guns. Guns shooting tiny projectiles at railgun velocities.

>mexican reading comprehension

Attached: 1527894704701.png (1909x1133, 1.63M)

>3d plastic guns
Breh, if you know whats up, you dont need a plastic printer to get where you want to be.

Shit, that's a damn good idea. Make a rail gun that expends very little energy firing a small projectile at high speeds. That would take care of what's limiting us from making them handheld which is battery limitations.

its also the name of a 3d printable gun.

Attached: 3dp_guns_liberator-museum-gun.jpg (1280x719, 132K)

>needing 3d printers
youtu.be/maythmZeuBg?t=17

Attached: 1527878580601.jpg (268x284, 17K)

>pulse laser
>mirror
>wave diffuser
Kind of makes me want to get one of those working and point it at a disco ball though.

Or girlfriends

battle ships have nuclear reactors. It's not a lack of powersource that makes railguns hard.

I was talking about hand held versions. We don't use hand held versions because of the limitations of our batteries.

You're better off CNC drilling the casts for all of the parts.

he didnt kill them with a tommy gun he killed them with an elaborate assortment of force fields and holographic projections.

>The lower receiver doesn't have to handle very much stress

Attached: 1527884877175.jpg (500x592, 44K)

Partially correct but you're missing another problem with them which is rail degradation, they currently wear out and suffer either rail ablation (the armature scrapes away layers of the rail) or rail warping. The tiny rails in a pistol-sized railgun wouldn't last anywhere near as long as a normal handgun and they'd eventually break and have to be completely replaced. Not only that but you're going to have to consider significant overpenetration.

You don't cast the entire gun
You cast the part considered a 'receiver' by the BATF and the only part you can't buy on eBay, Amazon, etc.

You can 3d print with metal so yes. Using plastic no.
t. 3d printer

It is very easy to make a high power railgun that is only single shot. It can be done in anybody's basement. Literally all you need is two perfectly straight rails made out of a good conductor like copper. They need to be machined totally straight. You bridge the two rails with capacitors with one of the two electrodes of the capacitors connected to each rail. The projectile just needs to be something conductive that is the same size as the gap between the rails.

You charge the capacitors using any generic power supply. The voltage and wattage used is entirely up to you. A tiny power supply can charge it, it will just take minutes or hours to charge up the capacitors.

As soon as the projectile hits the two rails it fires automatically. You often need to shove the projectile into the rails so that it is already moving when it hits the rails, otherwise it can just weld in place.
The problem is making it durable enough to last more than a couple shots. The rails degrade quickly. Like 5 shots. But the concept is dirt simple and far easier to build than a traditional gun. A railgun that is as powerful as a rifle is very easy to build. All the guides online are very clear warning people not to scale up the design too much or they are going to be blowing a fucking hole in their wall on their first test shot.

What about plastic reinforced with carbon nano tubes? Has that ever been tried?

Why not print a nuclear bomb?

Ask the North Koreans

Because you can't 3D print shape charges or enriched weapons grade uranium and plutonium.

Attached: additive manufacturing.png (4042x2160, 710K)

>stratasysdirect.com/technologies/direct-metal-laser-sintering/3d-printed-1911-pistol-how-its-made

Print a white ethnostate. See if it rules the world in 200 years.

>Brazilian ape trying to decipher humor.

Attached: patrick.jpg (1024x768, 46K)

that you need to throw out after firing

>I-I was just pretending!
Sure thing, Juan.

Attached: 1528057798374.jpg (424x424, 16K)

Nanocomposites are still relatively novel and I would question whether or not nanocomposite plastics would ever have safe usage temperatures high enough to survive being used in gun barrels of any kind without significant warping, melting, or ablation.

>Better s-save face in front of the amerilards
Blanka, pls.

Attached: 1448358634731.jpg (342x342, 56K)

taufledermaus did a test with .22 caliber airgun pellets loaded in front of blanks that had fucking silly velocity, like 4000+ fps

True. I hadn't thought of that. My primary concern was how strong the material was.

why go through all that trouble printing when you can make a mine case from a coke can?

Vice is literally aids and the part was 10 seconds long

So total bullshit

OZFAG LARPING CAUSE HE HAS NO GUNS LOL

Attached: 1526211144598.png (235x325, 74K)

Well, someone should try it and see what happens, but I'd put my money on metal nanocomposites for railgun barrels. They need to be exceedingly strong, resistant to corrosion, resistant to very high temperatures, and highly conductive.

Cintered steel ain't gonna work son