NET NEUTRALITY

>“Internet service providers now have the power to block websites, throttle services and censor online content,”Jessica Rosenworcel, a Democratic member of the commission who voted against the repeal, said in an emailed statement Monday. “They will have the right to discriminate and favor the internet traffic of those companies with whom they have pay-for-play arrangements and the right to consign all others to a slow and bumpy road.”

Why do Dems start caring about censorship only when it comes to "Net Neutrality"?

web.archive.org/web/20180611163306/https://mobile.nytimes.com/2018/06/11/technology/net-neutrality-repeal.html

Attached: NetNeutrality5.png (1080x1507, 881K)

Other urls found in this thread:

freepress.net/our-response/expert-analysis/explainers/net-neutrality-violations-brief-history
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

It's a huge lie, we had the internet before this shit and it was just as lawless as always. comcast isn't going to be around much longer once fiber providers start taking all their business.
Google fiber is in my state right now in the DTC, once it makes it outside the tech center comcast is going to be hurting. I cannot be the only one who is tired of comcasts shit, their shit customer service, their consistent service drops, their inability to solve even the most simple of problems. I'm tired of it, I'm fucking tired of comcast and am even willing to pay more for internet service just to fucking get rid of comcast.
Let comcast play their little buttfuck game here, in 10 years they won't even exist

What prevents other service providers from entering a Comcast area now?

the crazy left lose their minds about net neutrality. I just assume whatever they get made about is good.

What makes Google any better, it's still the big bad Google.

Attached: 40BC1A9F-F3C8-44EF-9BCA-DE5655D4D400.jpg (1129x1200, 128K)

They haven't run the fiber outside of the DTC yet

how will we ever survive. i mean the internet was invented in 2014 and has always had that government control

Fiber internet is better than the old shit comcast is using.
Comcast is using a method where they use multiple lines to give people 1 gig service, fiber will not have that shit and will be more consistent.
I'm playing for a 1 gig down from comcast and I'm not even fucking getting it. I'm paying like 150 a month, or 3 months out of the entire year we've been paying for this have they delivered

When the left starts bitching about EU article 13, I might take their concerns about (((net neutrality))) more seriously.
As it stands, they're literally dismissing it on the main lefty sites every time it's brought up.

How are we even posting on the internet? I thought repealing it was going to be the end of life as we know it?

Do google and netflix actually have to pay for clogging up so much bandwidth now?

I will just assumed the opposite of that is the good choice. Good day, sir

Attached: spagett.jpg (480x350, 180K)

I find it weird that large companies along with democrats are so up in arms about this, considering they keep censoring conservatives on every social media outlet out there. So if this brings them even more control over the internet, then why be against it?
I think it will have the reversed effect, which is why they are so anti this.

Remember the everyday shills saying Jow Forums was gonna die? Jow Forums might die but not because of this, Jow Forums will die because they can't cover their server costs and the hardware running Jow Forums is old as fuck now. back in 2011 those macs were great, now they barely keep up with the site

if the democrats are against something you can rest assured you should support it

What about before fiber though?

Attached: That's right it's me, Judge Harm, through the magic of fiber optics 2002.png (253x276, 140K)

What do you mean what about before fiber?

It's because the ruling stands to hurt streaming services, which currently funnel money directly into leftist coffers.

When NN was in, the companies were immune to FTC suing their asses. No longer the case. :)

Thank God. I'm finally out of excuses. I can stop coming here and go outside.

Attached: 1521001692882.jpg (319x331, 23K)

This.
The stream services do not want to pay their fair share, NN came about because of this.
Netflix claimed they shouldn't have to pay more when their service eats fuck tons of bandwidth

Why hasn't Comcast had competition for so long? Don't they hold control over the whole east coast?

Many local governments put up red tape for any new service providers in their area. Literally making it impossible for any but the richest companies to expand their network.
Neighboring city in my area had given Comcast a virtual monopoly on web service for over a decade.
My friend who lived there had something like 6mbps down, max.
Finally, the state steps in and says the city can't do that anymore and a regional company begins building their network.
Comcast, with a flick of a switch, almost immediately upgrades to 50mbps for their existing customers (at no extra cost) and later offers 100mbps plans.

This isnt a problem of lack of regulation, it's a problem of corrupt city governments blocking expansion of new companies into different areas.

ISPs run area monopolies. They do it in every state. Some states only have one ISP choice even.
We have two both are shit, comcast and centurylink.

See:

Netflix alone takes up more bandwith than all PC gaming and console gaming online combined. That's how fucking resource heavy this shit is.

Hey I was in Bermuda just a few weeks ago

>Hur durr the internet was fine before internet neutrality
>There's no need or precedent to regulate it

Except those are false. Companies like AT&T and Comcast had already begun shady practices like blocking competitors and other things that didn't agree with their business model.

freepress.net/our-response/expert-analysis/explainers/net-neutrality-violations-brief-history

Every time net neutrality is brought up, previous violations and precedents are conveniently over shadowed by lobbying and media campaigns playing into partisan politics and other eye catching distractions, which everyone falls for every time.

It's the classic, I'm not doing anything wrong - hey, look over there!