Was Ted Kaczynski right?

Gave "Industrial Society and Its Future" a read recently, and I can't say that his reasoning is all that bad.

Partial TL;DR:

In order to feel happy, people need to go through "the power process", which involves setting real goals, making autonomous efforts toward those goals, and succeeding at least some of the time. There are 3 kinds of human drives/goals: 1) goals that are easily obtained, 2) goals are obtained through great effort, and 3) goals that are impossible. The industrial revolution created such wealth and technology that nearly all former examples of the second drive have been eliminated (i.e., securing food/water/etc. is now a triviality as long as you aren't a retard). Correspondingly, people now pursue meaningless bullshit just for the sake of pursuing something (e.g., making more money, bodybuilding), and these goals do not provide them adequate satisfaction (the money-maker is always pursuing ever more money, the bodybuilder is constantly lifting more weight). They also gain no satisfaction from easy goals and gain nothing but frustration from the impossible.

In the end, we're left with a society where many people are bored, frustrated, and placating themselves using anti-depressants and mindless mass media consumption. There is no evidence to suggest that despite these technological advances, people are happier now than they were 250 years ago. Or 500 years ago. Or 10,000 years ago.

Attached: download.jpg (600x425, 103K)

Other urls found in this thread:

editions-hache.com/essais/pdf/kaczynski2.pdf
youtube.com/watch?v=Uduz2CdJfqU
youtube.com/watch?v=QAGxy85R380
sparknotes.com/philosophy/sisyphus/summary/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Yes. He was right about everything.

Jow Forumsacks that haven't read ''Industrial Society and Its Future'' are not redpilled.

Attached: ikimetsää.jpg (1440x1920, 563K)

I have to say that I found the whole thing pretty compelling.

The part about how technology is diametrically opposed to freedom also, and how new technological "options" soon become new technological "demands." Like imagine living these days without a car. Or an email address. Or a smartphone.

How soon before gene editing is a societal mandate...

He certainly wrote the most accurate analysis of leftism I've ever read.

Attached: 1527053250153.png (1200x1620, 152K)

i disagree on the sadness part. We are living in a time with unfounded time to do things that we want. instead of pursuit goals for ourselves we let others do it for us. Body building and making money is great if it was an ends to a mean but there is no ends in either. Things like starting a farm, learning a new trade, or even hobbies fit into 2 and 3. Problem is most people are too stupid to find one themselves and rely upon others for advice on what they should do. Look at women, unfounded time not being forced to cook en entire day. what do they do with it? pursue a hobbie? learn something new? no, they are seduced by feminism and sucked into doing whatever their masters want. the same with basedboys

Long term, stable happiness requires responsibility and sacrifice. Another reason people aren't happy is because they aren't having kids, or finding stable relationships. The only real genetic reason to exist is to continue your genetic existence via breeding.

anarcho primitivism is an impossible pill to swallow

One of the biggest redpills I ever took

Attached: isaif 119.png (577x450, 57K)

This was addressed also in a really interesting way. In primitive cultures, the different phases of life have very distinct boundaries. The young are taught self-sufficiency. When old enough, they have kids. After that, they age/die under the support of their progeny.

Today we have people postponing child-bearing indefinitely because they're still seeking fulfillment in the world from activities that will never give them fulfillment (climbing the corporate ladder, making money, etc.).

BASED Uncle Ted was the most precise prophet of our times.

Attached: BASEDuncletedonleftism.png (609x717, 188K)

We're intentionally being destroyed by Globalists who have raised the value of having a kid to a place where you cannot do that successfully until later in life.

Attached: whitegenocide.jpg (593x294, 44K)

Seemingly, yes. His solution is basically to destroy all technology and then burn the books, which sounds like insanity, but what else are you supposed to do given the logical case he made?

nothing can be done the future is inevitable

i would argue a sense of community has more to do with this unhappiness. blockparties, knowing who your neighbors were, etc might seem cheesy but it was what made society possible

>demands
You can stop using them

I would call it a contributing factor, yes. Technology like phones and cars made it possible for people to find work in far away places. Soon, the system made those things not just desirable, but necessary. Imagine trying to work a livable job these days without either of those things. The picture from is a good example. It is advantageous for the system to move you away from your community, so that's what it does.

You would have a great deal of trouble these days surviving without a cellphone, vehicle, or internet access.

The same our ancestors had

He's missed the key point: men achieve to get pussy. Sure, people deny it, but that's the ultimate reward. People who do get pussy don't even notice that that plays a part since they don't lack. People who don't get pussy forget that it's not ONLY about pussy, but rather about what you do to get pussy. That achieving for its own sake also then equals pussy. The one, then the other. Women have broken the system with hypergamy, and men are left completely adrift. Nobody will admit this because women are biologically programmed to avoid blame, and they'll immediately sense their role in any discussion of this problem and try to obfuscate the issue.

To clarify then: you would have a great deal of trouble surviving these days as the only person in your society without those things. Our ancestors were on more level playing ground since no one else had this technology either.

Ted K. was right about everything. I can see through the normie society bullshit of making shekels and having a (((career))) but all I really want is have my own farm and qt wife somewhere surrounded by nature, which falls into the tier 3 "impossible" goals. The modern world is a sick aberration.

Hedonistic crap IMHO

Is there ebook anywhere available?

Yes, I supposed that you'll said this, but it isn't the whole point of this to be independent? Or is just to be dependent from people but not from technology? I don't think that would make happy anyone.

Worse. They would never have suspected being without.

Not true. Every piece of land is owned by someone these days. You literally cannot move from society anywhere, because society is everywhere.

editions-hache.com/essais/pdf/kaczynski2.pdf

Thank you.

He is right. Read his articles he sends out from prison pretty regularly. You can find it all online. It’s all good stuff. We think we are so enlightened with technology and that it’s progress will go on forever, but it won’t. Anyone fighting democracy and liberalism should be fighting technology even harder because it’s the systems that technology allows that creates rampant degeneracy today and the current liberal world order.

Attached: 57F30185-A79D-4F23-9B38-F315603D58E1.jpg (2832x2128, 1.53M)

"Dependent from people but not from technology" is pretty close. I don't see any evidence that the American indian tribes were a distinctly unhappy people for having lived this existence. Same goes for other indigenous peoples.

You can't be independent if someone with the ability to project force decides you're not allowed to be. All the unused land in America is federalized, you can maybe go off and be innawoods by yourself without being bothered, but if you try to go out and start a community without having first engaged the system long enough and successfully enough to build capital and bought the land, the feds are gonna shut you down

The real question is how do you go about living as he did, without needing a job of any kind. Recently watched the Netflix thing about him, and it stated that he had to do odd jobs every now and then to survive.
Seems like a pretty comfy life overall though, just have to worry about dying from animals.

Another strong supporting example for The system doesn't like your attempts at independence. If you try to live on public land, prepare for your behavior to be "corrected."

>Yes. He was right about everything.
true. especially genetic engineering. The only place his reasoning failed him is in what to do about it. Short of global thermonuclear warfare and the mass eradication of the human species, how would we be able to disappear technology?

I'm starting on this journey as well. I'm spending more time in the woods lately and learning to live from the land. I highly recommend learning to identify the trees and other plants. Know what bears fruit for you to eat, and know what will bear food that will draw in game animals. You begin to recognize that the woods is actually a very understandable and semi-predictable place.

I will continue my job for now, investing as much as I can on the side. Thats the only way I figure that you can reliably have cash being generated for you in case of emergency.

Yes.

He was a commie, and the worst kind too. He bitched and moaned about the power of 'systems' and 'technologies' to exploit grievances, yet proceeded to use the US post office in service of his murderous agenda.

He's a bitch and a cunt. If he wanted my respect he'd have murdered his victims with his bare hands, not worked some feminine hyper-agency on an organization of hundreds of thousands of workers we depend on every day and were only trying to do their jobs.

Ted did more to bring about the 'police state' than most any individual alive. He disrupted our individual 'power process' more significantly than a full 200 years of legislation.

He is, and will always be a fucking cunt who deserves to rot in prison and burn in hell.

There is no fighting technology just as liberals can't uninvent guns. There's got to be another way to stop this.

> He was a commie

So what you are saying is that you have never even glimpsed his writings.

Perhaps one thing we can do is to reject corporate controlled tech and actively embrace open source tech instead. You are right in that nothing short of total disaster will eliminate - for a short while at least - the tech we have now. But collectively we can shun tech we cant control and empower ourselves with tech we can.

I read them all.

He's not being honest. He knows what he wants and he is willing to exploit the collective to make it happen. His writings are an attempt at manipulation. He actually murdered people to get them published, just so you know.

Yes. Also go read Zizek or watch hypernormilization and century of the self.

t. never read kaczynski's manifesto

Why are you here.

Attached: 14882.png (865x262, 152K)

Well, I'm not here to stroke a murder's e-peen, unlike you.

Just wait till the world becomes too complicated and difficult for the normies to accept. It's what always happens, and what will happen. Right now the normies either think they are super far left, or are too comfortable to risk the life they have, thinking material stability is the point of life.
They will accept the truth once they are truly uncomfortable.

He was also an MK-ULTRA victim. So your hate should be directed at the glow in the dark niggers that fucked with his head

So you spread false information about something you clearly know nothing about, because you think moral fagging is productive on pol. Again I ask rhetorically, why are you here.

I read it and it was calculated manipulative BS. It was nothing more than his private excuse making for literally being a psychopath.

And you gulp down that meme cum like it was gospel. Pathetic.

Technology is awesome and Ted Kaczynski could've never been the Unibomber without it. Those are the facts.

You keep saying I know nothing about it. Prove the case or shut the fuck up.

The institution that experimented on him should take full responsibility for his actions

but no cant have that can we

OK.
>>He was a commie, and the worst kind too. He bitched and moaned about the power of 'systems' and 'technologies' to exploit grievances, yet proceeded to use the US post office in service of his murderous agenda.
>He's a bitch and a cunt. If he wanted my respect he'd have murdered his victims with his bare hands, not worked some feminine hyper-agency on an organization of hundreds of thousands of workers we depend on every day and were only trying to do their jobs.
>Ted did more to bring about the 'police state' than most any individual alive. He disrupted our individual 'power process' more significantly than a full 200 years of legislation.
>He is, and will always be a fucking cunt who deserves to rot in prison and burn in hell.

>Technology is awesome and Ted Kaczynski could've never been the Unibomber without it.

It's aaalmost like you got it. Think about it just a bit more, you are about to find out kek

T. Neet who talks to user online and thinks it's a normal response to reality.

yes

or mostly right

Attached: hemancries.jpg (610x455, 43K)

Nah dude these people are blinded. They live for the next iPhone and vidja that they wage slave for and think that's how life has always been. They can't see out of their own mindset and the current paradigm.

>Was Ted Kaczynski right?

ted's observations and solutions were ahead of his time and just like adolf hitler, history will prove him right with time.

the only flaw with ted was the methodology he used to get his message out, sending random bombs to people and threatening the press to publish his work 'or else'.

if ted was born a generation later, with us, and had the internet to use as an outlet to spread his message he would not have hurt anybody.

but then again, if ted was part of our generation, he might have just fallen into the trap of technological enslavement that he preaches about just like the rest of us....

so maybe he is a product of his time, just like hitler was in his, and he could not have existed in any other form... i don't know.

but i DO know his words will gain increasing relevance and importance as time goes on.

Attached: ted.png (1200x805, 360K)

Dude, libshits have literally wanted to uninvent private fucking property for well over a century now. The libshit is a person who was never permitted to experience the 'power process' as a child, and is therefore compelled to act out in even the most trivial fits of dominance such as demanding special pronouns.

Yes.

without struggle men cant be alive

>16. The leftist is antagonistic to the concept of competition because, deep inside, he feels like a loser.

And yet Ted is antagonistic to the concept of a flashlight. Unless of course, he needs to strip it for parts to build a bomb.

Irrelevant. It's their life, not yours. It's their property to be spent as they see fit.

In a certain sense modern people don't actually own anything anymore.

The land is actually owned by the government.
Your digital videogames aren't really yours.
Your phones are locked and soon so will your car. Tractors and construction machines are like this already.
The seeds of GMO crops are not yours.
You don't even own your money.

>There is no fighting technology
but what if we turn everything into third-world with austerity and endless tribal wars

Attached: 1526659977351.gif (370x330, 3.49M)

Just wait until China's CCTV systems and "social credit score" concept hit the mainstream. Wait until you can't buy groceries because you've posted too many "incorrect" opinions and cash has been phased out. Wait until your friends and family abandon you because maintaining contact with someone with a low score brings your own score down

Attached: 1491337522604.jpg (553x936, 168K)

That's a funny argument, in that you're right that without technology things like those mail bombings would never have happened. Thanks technology!

>And yet Ted is antagonistic to the concept of a flashlight. Unless of course, he needs to strip it for parts to build a bomb.

hurr durr destroying what you hate and rebuilding it in your own purposes isn't resourcefulness, just hypocrisy! his argument is invalid! hurr durr!

the whole point of him using simple household objects and "The System"'s own delivery service to kill people is entirely lost on you, isn't it?

Defeatism. I hate that mentality.

We own our rights. We own our bodies. We own our minds.

Private property is a natural evolution of thought. To abolish it entirely equates to becoming Borg.

And protip: the top people still have it the world over. In fact, your vote is their property. Your taxes are their property. Your time is their property. Your browser history is their property. Your location history is their property. Your credit card purchasing data is their property.

Property never went anywhere. You're just no longer important enough to bid for it.

His heart is in the right place but the lines he draws are super arbitrary, just like the ones drawn by the people he claims to distance himself from.

He's very "spooked"

>knowingly nodding in agreement

It seems to me it's lost on you. If you intend to champion his 'greatness' than you are in fact simultaneously championing the greatness of all the resources he exploited.

I think you just proved Ted's point...

He was spot on, but he gave no real solution. You adapt to what we have or you get left behind and die.

Attached: leftism.png (1200x1620, 152K)

ted was antifa all the way

youtube.com/watch?v=Uduz2CdJfqU

Attached: 1-79.jpg (980x617, 456K)

Read picHe was libertarian if anything.

This. Technology is slavery.
But it's because of the Jews. He should have pointed that out. A white country would not require these technological immperatives to function.

libertarians from the right are simply neo liberal capitalist.

he explicitly called for the end of the economy (capitalism)

Spoken like a true gun-grabbing retard. Ted was the mind. Tech was the tool.

Ted is in prison because he alone was the source of the intent to do harm. Until we get to truly autonomous AI, they'll always be a person pulling the trigger.

Property is real, but only if you're fucking loaded?

Well, I can safely bet none of us here are that. So in the end we still don't own anything.

then wander into the woods and struggle to live off the land. i would say no one is stopping you but technically its probably illegal. but who is going to call the cops on you? bears cant use phones.

but you dont want to do that. and yet you want society to collapse so you can.. do that thing that you already can do but wont. it doesnt make sense.

He called to an end to money, you would know if this if you read his manifesto. He'd have us use gold and silver like we did before.

Attached: viki.png (996x914, 716K)

Ah I see we have a 200iq Individualist here. Peterson threads are on reddit. They make you feel good, much easier to hear, will make you a happier individual bucko

See

What point? That people willing to abandon the very concept of private property, a concept developed over thousands of years of human evolution, deserve nothing less than free helicopter rides?

They can unironicaly exploit the technologies they hate so much right before their life is over. Just like their hero Ted did.

The danger posed by technology is probably the most important yet overlooked issue of our time. Technology develops faster than our understanding of how it affects us.

I don't think a return to some perceived pre-technological time is possible or even desirable. But, we need to realize technology isn't just a neutral tool in the service of man. Technology is a mode of Being,
a revealing of beings as standing-reserve (resources/energy ready to be put to use). Technology reveals beings in the world in a way that's correct (it "works"), but it conceals other ways of seeing the world (think of what a forest meant to your ancestors compared to someone working for a logging company). What makes it dangerous is that it conceals its own concealment.

The more technology dominates as our way of revealing, the narrower our view of the world becomes. We start to see even ourselves as standing-reserve, mere resources to be effectively managed to create more stuff (think of the term "human resources"). Human freedom goes out the window.

Attached: Heidegger2.jpg (290x378, 20K)

>
fucking idiot, i read his manifesto when you were trapped in your father balls, there is nothing about gold or silver in his menifesto
youtube.com/watch?v=QAGxy85R380

Attached: 1528730993527.jpg (640x723, 30K)

You are canadian, for sure you could find some cheap land? Then a gimick that earns you some cash from home? Supplement food with hunting and gardening, get off grid electricity from solar/wind/hydro, you only need enough for light and appliances, heating is the energy hog and you have a wood stove for that.

Because material possessions and the economy are the only things that matter amirite? Life is about living comfortably and easily. Screw passion and human experience, that will get in the way of your first million! Btw don't have kids, what matters is money for yourself and kids cost money.

Gold and silver are money and always has been.

In fact, any trade commodity with extremely low spoilage is essentially money. A Jeff Combs dildo would be money.

Ted had some decent points but when you read his stuff you recognize serious clues of mental illness. Whether the MKUltra did it or not is debatable, but there's a reason he shat in a hole in his own floor and sat in a hut making bombs for decades.

Read Linkola if you're planning to go full ecofascist. He's a lot more articulate and won't get you flagged by the FBI for researching his work.

Attached: uncle t.png (1019x725, 905K)

... I'm working on it. You don't just walk out into the wild one day and then never come back.

No. I'm not a materialist.

But respect for private property is a mental construct of a the superior human intellect. It's very obvious, even to the commie, that absolutely any construction would simply not exist but for the efforts of its creators.

You commies always seem to know this whenever you perceive it to 'harm' you in some way, but are ungrateful as fuck the second it benefits absolutely anyone who isn't you.

This.

And hey, we simply don't have enough land to put his philosophy to life. Even if we did we would need to raze the cities and murder most of the worlds population.
Thats not taking into account that we live longer and are healthier- in the objective and material sense are lives are better.
So what sort of meaningful goals can you set that are going to give you meaning enough, so that you can put that up against angst, anomie, suffering or death even? Starting a farm or making a family doesn't cut it.
Camus said it well, sparknotes.com/philosophy/sisyphus/summary/
The modern philosophers always try prescribing something that can be reduced to rolling that boulder up the hill. The positive ones will tell you; try to be happy while you're doing it. Well shit, unless you have an afterlife thats not going to work. And even if you do, the paradise you're going to persist in is going to get boring eventually and you've gone full circle. Moreover you won't have had enough of an impact on the earth to see your contributions come to fruition unless you're a warlord or genius.

Me? Nihilist just waiting to tear it all down.

Attached: 1516754748495.jpg (1800x1322, 893K)

No shit you idiot, I said he would have us not use money and implied he would have us use something else and I further implied that would be gold or silver.

Like he said, you find problem in everything, you truly are deranged individuals.

Attached: 1474539789565.png (1500x1172, 455K)

His point wasn't that everyone should traipse off into the forest and live by themselves, it was that the rise of industry and exponential development of technology has destroyed all sense of community and identity. Instead of our tools serving us, like the forges and looms of the past, we now serve our tools. As long as humanity insists on maintaining a relationship to industry and technology humanity will be re-engineered into a form more capable of sustaining the industrial system, as noted in

Tfw poltards confuse natsoc for communism.

Attached: 1523148997329_0.jpg (213x236, 9K)

Actually he thought society should realize the issues with the industrial revolution and join deindusteialized communities to focus on the strength and needs of human nature and the process. Jesus you guys have a hard time wrapping your head around this shit.

Shhh, that's how colonialism started.

Do you really want to be forced to move to Mars for a homestead?

Too bad boomers are dieing earlier and more depressed than the greatest generation