Is suffering necessary?

Attached: images(10).jpg (276x182, 8K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Q9BBkKHA_Ps
youtube.com/watch?v=JiMqzN_YSXU&list=PLD841087C099E5B90&index=1
youtube.com/watch?v=6KV6PXSODgE&list=PLGVSKByrYzsufIKilFHFUDlvpSYFlSuvT&index=1&t=1s
youtu.be/AmV8-TDjwKo
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Pearce_(philosopher)
youtube.com/watch?v=5ZsZLDWWZMs
youtube.com/watch?v=UYiuM43u0Q4
youtube.com/watch?v=PZ3hESj__M8&list=PLRj8AJuzeJRwHdeFua3pzmwPB_JCS0mIq
youtube.com/watch?v=Ewny6LF_zXs&list=PLlTRGidk4A1AI9zwIgfnnPDU43f4Tgmx_
youtube.com/watch?v=UAp6KUwEBZs
youtube.com/watch?v=AOhwyutHZzQ
youtube.com/watch?v=8f9_k3c4pZQ&index=18&list=RDAOhwyutHZzQ
youtube.com/watch?v=4bLlpiWh9-k
youtube.com/watch?v=IKDPT_PiYhs
youtube.com/watch?v=n-PSTN6_eBg
youtube.com/watch?v=rsHS6qrZqCo
youtube.com/watch?v=QgrdiQgt9F4
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>Driving home
>See a flaming car wreck
>Guy inside is screaming
>Serenely pass him by
>"Don't get so attatched bro"

it's inherent to the human condition

Yeah, the material world is a veil of tears. Expect suffering.

I hope it will grant me a deeper understanding of the world

yes

It's not attachment, it's lack - it's why everything is always a towards, but never reaching.

Yes, lack of suffering creates effeminate men, which is what the modern era is compromised off

It's true as far as emotional suffering goes.

no, buddhism is a nice try, but it it wrong.
Suffering is
And you should embrace it

Yes. And it is good. I'm not only glad I suffer, I'm literally ecstatic that I suffer.

Truly, you will weep and lament, but the world will rejoice. You will be sorrowful, but your sorrow will turn into joy. It's like this: when a woman is in labor she is sorrowful for her time has come. But when she finally delivers the child she is joyful that a baby has been born into the world.

So it is with you. You will be sorrowful, but I will see you again and your hearts will rejoice, and no one will take your joy from you. And on that day you will ask me nothing.

In this world you are going to have trouble

But take heart

For I have overcome the world.

Attached: 1278720544830.jpg (350x350, 40K)

To endure suffering is good.
But you must endure.

Duty and purpose, and the pain that comes with these two, are the only justifications for our otherwise meaningless existence ... and we must EARN that justification every single fucking day. For mankind. For our manifesr destiny as a species.

Attached: just_passing_by.gif (413x313, 500K)

i like it

This is a Buddhist perversion from the same (((influences))) liberalizing traditional religions. The Buddha said life CONTAINS suffering. Not that it is suffering.

An unhealthy attachment (obsession) with something is bad, but attachment to those around you is healthy and is one of the key aspects of life. One could argue that apathy towards the events and people around you is a much more damaging that will lead to suffering for the individual and society.

Attached: buddha-statue--1.jpg (660x440, 44K)

/thread

A Buddhist monk literally set himself on fire though, maybe that guy was just too attached to being a pussy.

Tell those budhist fighting off muslime or protesting chinese they're merely attached to theirs lands and suddenly these smug gooks are no better than anyone else. I'll tell you the only thing thats damn true on this gay earth since the down of mankind; sometimes you have to woop a niggas ass

maybe I don't understand buddhism, but to me it looks like escapism except instead of accepting an illusion as new reality to ignore reality, they accept reality as an illusion and disregard that too, trying not to live.

what is the direction of buddhism?

>too attached to being a pussy.
Too attached to his own identity maybe.
Actually it makes sense: the more you are attached, the worse the suffering:
Losing own life > losing health > losing family member > breaking up with long-term gf > crashing a beloved car > wallet get stolen > ....
But as wrote: we cannit just detach ourselves from all these things so suffering is necessary

>suffering is necessary
only as a motivator
it's useless in a situation you can't affect in any way like watching your pet get run over

>it's useless in a situation you can't affect in any way like watching your pet get run over
Doesn't mean you can just avoid the suffering from such incidents though.

yes, but I wish I could manually detach myself instead of losing sleep over things outside my reach

There's a difference between pain and suffering. I believe that inability to let go can destroy you, but that doesn't mean you shouldn't salvage everything you can. But you can't always do that. You get hit and take some time to recover. That's what true strength is.

no. suffering is an anomaly.

buddhists are assholes, i dated a buddhist cunt. she is by far the worst human been i have ever met.

they dont even get attached to their own fucking family! are u fucking kidding me?

FUCK OFF BUDDHIST CUNT.

OH BTW THEY ENSLAVE EACH OTHER AND CLAIM YOU GET ENERGY FROM WORKING HARD FOR OTHERS.

YOU ARE FULL OF SHIT.

and annimals are delicious

Yes because (((Satan))) is real & deceives you into misery

>what is universal balance

we would be nothing without our suffering
youtube.com/watch?v=Q9BBkKHA_Ps

story time, Argentinanon

Wrong. It’s the fucking Jews. And upstairs neighbors. Wake up, sheeple!

Attached: 0CEE71AB-0FE9-4521-9029-BEF018F53168.jpg (548x548, 50K)

comprised of

"He will bring balance to the force."

No, suffering is an event plus an unhappy story in your head.

what's the point of living if you don't attach to others?

Chastisements of the truly just are how God makes them grow.

Amazing Evidence for God:
youtube.com/watch?v=JiMqzN_YSXU&list=PLD841087C099E5B90&index=1

The Bible Proves The Papacy:

youtube.com/watch?v=6KV6PXSODgE&list=PLGVSKByrYzsufIKilFHFUDlvpSYFlSuvT&index=1&t=1s

Why Francis Must not be Considered the Pope:
youtu.be/AmV8-TDjwKo

"Hail Mary, full of grace; the Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou amongst women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners now and at the hour of our death."

Attached: commufix1.png (1078x516, 641K)

>Meet New Yorker at my store in Argentina
>She is a buddhist
>doesnt have a smart phone (WTF)
>Tells me her temple brought her from the UK to work here in exchange of food and shelter and plane tickets.
>Told her thats explotation and human trafficking but alright
>Go out in a date, she explains how one shouldn't get attached to anything or anyone (including your family)
>wtf.jpg
>drink a few beers, she losens up, I wanna fuck her but dont have a chance to make a move at the bar
>I wanna help her while she lives here, and of course I wanna fuck her everyday
>set up a date
>doesnt show up, text me way later saying "sorry lets do it tomorrow"
>tomorrow: same type of message

never texted that bitch again, hope she is happy mopping floors for her buddhists friends.

>buy a bmw instead because fuck these buddhists one more time. but that belongs to /o/

No. You can detatch your head to end suffering. Just ask your local muslim.

If there's no suffering, there's nothing to endure and overcome. Without suffering, nothing grows, nothing happens.

should've attached her to your dick

Yes. We don't learn from pleasure.

I'm beginning to think buddhism is the most redpilled religion, prove me right

you mean blackpilled, right?

Give em hell.

Suffering is a shit translation anyways.
Imperfection and frustration are way better at expressing the Buddhist idea.

life is garbage. you win this one universe. kill me pls.

You'll die like anyone else, no point to make something inevitable and determined come quicker

In modesty like everything else.

Attached: 1420841823042.jpg (1000x640, 494K)

Suffering is no inherent evil
Pleasure is no inherent good

>religion
Philosophy at best

Thats literally what buddhism teaches though.
There is fate, and only by accepting that fate can one achieve peace and enlightenment.
If you were to intervene in the fact that a man is burning to death violently, you are challenging fate.

The fact that you helping him could obviously also very well be fate is as far as I know often overlooked...

you're looking for stoicism

lol dude if she didnt got attached to you its your fault, negro

>A Buddhist monk literally set himself on fire though
ya aftering drugging himself the fuck up though

>comprised of
No, still wrong. It's either "composed of" or "comprises/comprising." "Comprised of" is never correct.

"Necessary" is a judgment.

Suffering just is.

There's all kinds of ways to react to it. But it certainly does appear that lack of suffering makes men soft, cowardly, and likely to inflict far more suffering than if they'd just manned up and tossed down the first smaller suffering neat.

I've gotten lessons both from suffering and not suffering, and from embracing and resisting both.

It's a mix. And suffering should be kept in its place rather than worshipped as a god/humped as a fetish of its own. (Another kind of attachment.)

so , when exactly are you getting out of syria

i recently got a proper girlfriend, good intelligent and decent, thinking i will be super happy

And since i feel attached i am always scared, always anxious
anxious i wont be able to provide
anxious i may cause her harm
anxious she may get some illness or something bad

I am really not that happy..i may be broken

Attached: 1522712134413.gif (600x396, 2.73M)

necessary is a weird word to use, suffering is inevitable

A few months set themselves on fire through history. They venerate the guys conserved heart who did it in vietnam to this day as a holy relic, it had remained uncharred which was considered miracolous.

Plebian nihilism. Enjoy your prison robes.

Attached: stoic flux law war heraclitus.jpg (576x374, 52K)

Suffering is life.
The only true end to suffering is death.
The only way to get close to an end to suffering whilst clutching life is this:

1) Escapism and substance abuse
>Lose yourself in your animalistic nature

2) Become an expert in suffering
>Tame the animal side and make it respect the higher order of things for which it merely serves.
>You have a single ember of this high order in you, it is not you, but part of you to do with as you wish.

Ignore it or set it atop your mantle.

the_donald
bling nigger

this
suffering and misfortune stem from having a body
without a body, how could there be misfortune?

suffering pointlessly inspires introspection, which can be important

>Listening to this garbage.
Please stop.

Well, attachment to the thought of "I" creates suffering. Pain will always be there, but it's just sensation. Suffering, in this view, is adding another, unnecessary level of agony on top of the pain of life. The real message for us is to relax, and experience our lives nakedly, as it is, without adding concepts to it. It's not being a passive doormat, either. You fight for what's good, but with non attachment. And non attachment isn't not caring, you need to care a lot, you just give up the inner mental struggle and just act. Like samurai style.

you cann't stop jews

maybe I misunderstood
did he say we should get out of Syria or did he not ?

let's be realistic
trump is a fraud

wwhy thge fuck do i havbe tehis ouidiotyic ductjbh flag

sounds like she just wasnt into you and youre using the buddhist shit to lessen the sting of rejection

Buddhism is to Taoism what vegetarianism is to veganism. Get with the program, study the Tao and know everything years before it begins. Ps, attachment to nonattachment is still attachment. Signed, Taoist

Attached: 006.jpg (300x168, 7K)

as mesmerizing the fight between idiologies are, we are fucking migrated into oblivion

True detachment is not possible. It's oxymoronic.

everything that happens is meant to happen

so, yes

Agreed, people should be less attached to their bodies. (((they))) need free organs to sell.

Suffering is the result of Darwinian neurological design. Once technology is developed so that the brain can be re-engineered, it may be possible to radically raise one's hedonic set-point and eliminate the neurological ability to feel suffering.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Pearce_(philosopher)

Attached: virginchadtranshumanism.png (1400x650, 221K)

so..care about nothing? that sounds meaningful

Attached: 1508195533661.jpg (225x225, 21K)

>Thats literally what buddhism teaches though.
No, it's not, and you know nothing about Buddhism.

Consider and ask yourself why you care.
Still attachment, user.

ITT: people who know jackshit about buddhism. OP included.
I was an invited speaker at a conference that dealt with applying Buddhist philosophy in the modern age, ask me anything.

Attached: Learning goddess.png (1134x1039, 1.71M)

Hardcore buddhists can set themselves on fire and not move until they're dead.

That's real shit, right there.

Jesus Christs yoke is light.
youtube.com/watch?v=5ZsZLDWWZMs
youtube.com/watch?v=UYiuM43u0Q4
youtube.com/watch?v=PZ3hESj__M8&list=PLRj8AJuzeJRwHdeFua3pzmwPB_JCS0mIq
youtube.com/watch?v=Ewny6LF_zXs&list=PLlTRGidk4A1AI9zwIgfnnPDU43f4Tgmx_
youtube.com/watch?v=UAp6KUwEBZs
youtube.com/watch?v=AOhwyutHZzQ
youtube.com/watch?v=8f9_k3c4pZQ&index=18&list=RDAOhwyutHZzQ
youtube.com/watch?v=4bLlpiWh9-k
youtube.com/watch?v=IKDPT_PiYhs
youtube.com/watch?v=n-PSTN6_eBg
youtube.com/watch?v=rsHS6qrZqCo
youtube.com/watch?v=QgrdiQgt9F4

Attached: Gospel.png (1017x1600, 934K)

Ego and samsara. Study the Work. Start with Hexagram 4: Meng.

Fucking this, they are clearly too attached to the idea of Tibet not being China

prove it, 8 noble truths..without looking...now

I think you mean the four noble truths:
1) life is suffering
2) the root of this suffering is caused by desire
3) this suffering can end
4) it can end by following the noble eightfold path, which is what you were referring to

Everyone experiences suffering (1st noble truth), but suffering has causes (2nd noble truth) and if those causes are removed suffering can be overcome (3rd novle truth). There is a path everyone can take to overcome suffering (4th noble truth).

Absolutely.

The key is that if you are the one causing the suffering, you can prevent your own and still do what needs doing. But nobody became stronger without accepting suffering to get there.

where do you breathe from...in meditation...upper lung or abdomen?

Sorry, bruh. Karma.

Attached: b-but muh comfort.png (1113x87, 8K)

Buddhism is leftist trash

>prove it, 8 noble truths..without looking...now
the noble eightfold path is
right understanding
right thought
right speech
right action
right livelihood
right effort
right mindfulness
right meditation
I had to look to double check. sorry

(you)
you do know something

I'm not a practicing Buddhist, I merely studied (and apply it in my life) the philosophy of the religion.