Worst case scenario, what would you expect US gun laws to look like in another 10 years...

Worst case scenario, what would you expect US gun laws to look like in another 10 years? I was discussing this with a former state congressman at our gun range who is a big 2A advocate. He interacted extensively with legislators and lawyers on both sides of the issue and felt like he could make a stab at what they'd think 2A advocates would compromise on.

If the Democrats have Congress over the next 8 or so years,
>mandatory firearms ownership licenses for gun owners under 55 when law is enacted (e.g. "born before 1963")
>mandatory gun safety class like hunters safety
>separate "competitive shooting" license for those wishing to own handguns (up to 2) or semi-automatic center-fire rifles (up to 3)
>another firearms' experts/collectors license for those wishing to own more than the competitive shooting license allows
>10 rd magazine limit except for owners of expert license

Granted, our state is either very progressive Democrats or conservative Republicans, so it would probably be more extreme here, as if it wasn't already. Does anyone else have an idea how it could pan out if the worst happens? I doubt they'd just ban all firearms.

Attached: Gun-Control-Rally-Indianapolis-Star-AP-Charlie-Nye-640x480-500x375.jpg (500x375, 60K)

Other urls found in this thread:

reagentah.deviantart.com/gallery/63942989/US-Election-Maps
youtube.com/watch?v=KqqJKChKRzI
twitter.com/AnonBabble

No doubt these faggots are gonna try to limit, ban, and destroy all they can get their little grubby jew hands on.

The worst possible (all be it, unrealistic) scenario would be that several consecutive mass shootings cause them to implement an AWB but then (unsurprisingly) the mass shootings don't stop, and they basically ban/restrict most guns to being basically on par with the UK.

Pointless speculation. The “blue wave” isn’t happening, Trump is more popular than either Reagan or Obama at this point in their presidencies, and barring anything genuinely out of left field, will easily win four more years in the White House. What comes at the end of that is anybody’s guess. Democracies typically have a shelf life of about 250 years. We’re in year 242 counting from the Declaration of Independence (or 231 from the ratification of the Constitution).

>what they'd think 2A advocates would compromise on

Attached: swearengen FU cocksucker.jpg (500x346, 33K)

Fuck that noise, that's Canada status.

Realistically? Licensing and UBC's, thats about it. Firearms are too ingrained in our society and culture for them to go away any time soon. AWB polls horribly with both millenials and genz, and the only reason they care about them at all is because of mass shootings. Get rid of those and they will stop caring.
>>Trump is popular
>>Trump will get reelected
>>Democracies only last 250 years meme
>>after Trump America will fall apart
>ywn be this delusional
>ywn be this pathetically black pilled
Feels good man

Funny how leftists are the only ones willing to go so low as to use children as a tool to manipulate the opinions of people by playing on very basic emotions.

This. This is what I think will happen. I think most will give up their guns without a fight when faced with a chance to prove themselves. The few who do stand up for themselves will be labeled by society as lunatics and terrorists.

The only thing Democrats actually do is drive gun sales up.

And prices

>Worst case scenario
A bunch of grabbers get shot which causes congress kikes to ban all firearms and destroy as many as possible
>what they'd think 2A advocates would compromise on
Nothing, never surrender. Never stop fighting. Never have """"peace"""" as an option. Not this time, not now, not ever.
This

Treat guns like you do Alcohol. Looking back how the prohibition led to the rise of organized crime and mafia. No doubt a full on gun ban would lead to backdoor gun deals and those who own them would modify them for full auto.
When faced with imprisonment for possesion. Modfying and 3d printing will become the norm. The war on drugs proves this. Drugs are illegal, yet I can purchase them with money and effort.
Despite the harsh penalties.
Same outcome with prohibition. When guns are banned. Outlaws will be created. Because in any market where there is money to be made. People will find a way.

I can tell you about how it works over here so you can get an idea:
>no auto fire, period
>no hollow points, period
>no suppressors, period
>you need a good reason to purchase a firearm, good meaning hunting or sport shooting; self-defense is not contemplated
>therefore, carry is a no-no and home defense can get you in trouble
>you must provide proof you have a hunting license or an active member of a shooting club
>clubs will ask for credentials before letting you in
>you must have an official license
>you must take tests to get the licenses
>you need to pay yearly for you licenses/memberships
>every firearm must be registered
>limited number of guns depending on your licenses
>every cartridge must be registered on purchase and use
>limited number of cartridges both per year and per purchase depending on your licenses
>random calibers banned arbitrarily
>3 rounds max for hunting, 5 rounds max in the shooting range
>setting a shooting range or gun shop is a pita

But we have semi auto for some calibers, so I guess we are not yet as cucked as he UK.

Better than they were 10 years ago. A quick cursory look will show that ever since the 80's gun laws have steadily been getting better and better. For example, constitutional carry wouldn't ever have been concieved in the 70's.

More and more there's actually a liberalization of weaponry. Certain places get worse? Everywhere else makes sure you can damn well get your guns. I'd say relax and let themselves dig their own grave.

>U.S gunlaws over the next 10 years
Here's my prediction: Federally speaking, at worst we'll get an AWB. Supreme court rulings make it tough to accomplish anything greater than that. It'll take longer... think decades, plural. At best, nothing.

STATE legislation is where they're gonna get us. States will slowly crumple, implementing annoying little laws left and right that cannot be reversed. I predict that after 10 years, you'll be able to count the number of states where you can buy an uncucked AR on two hands.

Wow, user. It sounds like firearms would be inaccessible to the average person on minimum wage. Are you German or Hungarian?

A blanket ban will give cartels a new, possibly more lucrative, enterprise and strengthen their hold on the southwest.

I'm sorry, that sounds awful.

Revoking or severely restricting the 2A is the one thing that might convince boomers and civic nationalist to secede. Do it, bring the north-western huwhite ethnostate on.

This. It's tough for grabbers to ram anything through on the federal level. Possibly AWB 2.0, depending on how many people the next few mass shooters get.
In 2030, states will either look like California, with guns de facto banned, or Kansas where the NFA is more of a suggestion in state boundaries. Long term is the real issue, as demographic change means more and more people don't care about guns or are actively hostile to them. If the U.S. makes it to 2100 (it won't), I'd expect a second Constitutional Convention or something to make the changes "progressives" want.

>tfw live in Alaska
>no gun laws
>illegal for cops to enforce fed gun laws
>feds are lightyears away in CONUS

Untouchable af. Gun laws are no more than amusing suggestions up here.

Also, no niggers whatsoever in entire state.

In 10 years were going to have economic collapse, a civil war, or a major natural disaster. I don't see gun laws being that high up on the list when people are rioting in the streets over toilet paper and deodorant.

But then again, I have cancer at 30. I don't fucking care.

Attached: 1500679859544.jpg (375x500, 40K)

>no niggers
You have Anchorage, also Samoans and Natives are as bad as niggers.

Natives are worse than nogs

>Thinking there isn't going to be an AWB 2.0 about 8 seconds after the Dems own the government in 2020

Anchorage and Juneau etc isnt real Alaska. Theyre just faggot ass Seattle/Portland: The DLC.

And yeah, the natives are as bad as niggers, but literally everyone that isnt some cosmpolitan college student openly hates them over here. And theyre a sort of self-controlling problem, they kill each other and get drunk and die of exposure all the time, their numbers are constantly dwindling.

I aint trippin bout dat.

If that actually came true they would need to remove states and local governments right regulating guns.

Ausfailia?

>boomers
boomers wont do shit. boomers are too busy fucking over their children and their children's children making everyone as miserable as possible

it's gonna be done on the state level
scurry salt rifles are probably gone in three years in my state
unfortunately i can see semi-autos completely going bye bye in the next ten years
guess i should go pick up a lever action

Expanding the NFA to include simi automatic center fire with detachable magazine. Maybe high tax stamp to pay for some nonsense bureaucracy justification.

>second Constitutional Convention or something to make the changes "progressives" want.
>they turn it from a document of restrictions on the state to a document of restrictions on the people.

Yeah, essentially. Ginsburg said something a while back about how the U.S. constitution is inferior to the South African one, so that's the model I'd look towards. The two big differences would probably be a completely axed 2nd and a hate speech type restriction on the 1st.

No one would ever make such compromises on born rights like that.

never register
never compromise
never turn in
never reduce
never restrict
never surrender.

Fuck man, that sucks. I hope your treatment goes well.

>Democracy shelf life
Democracy has a shelf life of every electoral cycle, that's the beauty of a representative system.
>reee illegal immigrants
People tend to forget that the U.S. has a long history of either expelling or interning problem ethnic groups.

>Dems doing anything
They can barely win in their historic states, Obama was the worst thing to happen since the 1860 election.

>replying to black pilled retards
stop this please

I think that one thing that's going to happen more and more is that states are going to refuse to comply with any gun restrictions/bans/confiscation orders given at the federal level.

I can't imagine Wyoming, with its extremely permissive gun laws, going along with anything of that sort. If nothing else, the people would decline to comply en masse. Because of that, I think you will also see migration to non-compliance states and the formation of a geographical bloc in the northwest and great plains that becomes a kind of haven for gun owners.

Thoughts?

What people don't realize about the Midwest, is that a HUGE portion of our nuclear arsenal is there. The Midwest would win any sort of secession just due to that.

Hmmm, or it would prompt an overwhelming response by the government to secure the silos and put down any rebellion. Then again, F. E. Warren AFB in Cheyenne is supposedly a national warhead storage and maintenance site, in addition to a control center for silos. If a (entirely hypothetical and fictional) OPFOR took that base, it would provide them with a lot of leverage.

They would go Japan tier

Natives are a terminal population lol

I know, how about we add even more compromises for the law abiding gun owners, you know, the guys who actually obey the laws..

That seems awesome.

A HUGE issue would be any secessionist movement even attacking the fields or storage base, much less capturing it. If Russia or China decided to recognize the secession and pledged support, they could easily gain a upper hand in nuclear deployment, completely ending MAD. The government would have no choice to recognise the secession or risk being nuked.

remember, they dont want compromise
they want capitulation
big difference

Attached: 1528314554757.jpg (709x501, 70K)

Attached: US nukes.jpg (771x595, 101K)

There are too many gun in circulation to do anything meaningful so you'll probably see gestural legislation like featureless rifles, the banning the sale of "high capacity" magazines and going after gun stores to obfuscate buying a gun.
All this stuff will still exist on the grey market tho.

DUDE you need WEED

>Shall not be infringed
We will inevitably reach a point where these things will be decided by the judicial branch rather than the legislative or executive. Everything from lisences to restricting of certain firearms such as fully automatics are infringements on a citizens right to bear arms.

Even in DC vs. Heller they ruled that the Gov. IS allowed to restrict certain weapons, but on the basis that it is either incredibly unusual and uncommon, or completely out of question for use for personnel defense. The latter I disagree with but the first clearly states that if it is not unusual or that if it is common, it’s fine and shouldn’t be restricted.

Last time I checked, full autos operate almost identically to semi automatics and there are millions of them in worldwide circulation.

Attached: BB28FC30-A400-4764-92A0-4D274E05B2F3.png (800x993, 40K)

This but unironically. Either the cannibinoids help fight the cancer or it just gets you to keep your appetite up so you can stay healthy for your chemo.

Canuck here. Our license system itself works. Walk in, show license, give cash, walk out with gun. And having ARs and pistols mailed to our door is nice. What kills us is the constant threat of fuckery and YOU DON’T NEEEED THAT from politicians and the RCMP (who should be outlawed and tried for treason to a man).

I wish everyone could take a step back from all this and just look.... Who is trying to further their propaganda through use of small children?? That alone should be enough to make you realize they are truly p.o.s and their cause is so subverted they don't have a clue as to the real reason legislators want to take firearms! The stats don't lie (they are numbers) legal gun owners are generally law abiding citizens and their CCW only ADDS security!

Literally go The the Canada thread and look at the Tripfags there making and buying illegal guns with impunity because the police are either too stupid, too overstretched or don’t care.

To argue ANYTHING else makes you look ignorant, stupid, and completely oblivious to both the Constitution and History!

I plan on making a shit pot of money selling AR lowers if guns are made (((illegal))).

>Cartels start selling illegal guns
>U.S govt and police scared shitless to go near any border state, let alone border town.
>Wild West comes back but this time with full auto weapons and belt feds.

God bless, I hope you've found peace in your life.

>dualing with m249s
Hell yeah boy

Spain.
It's ok. I wanted to get into guns so I searched info on the internet and when I found how it works here and how it works in other countries I thought it was depressing, but at the end of the day I can still buy a shotgun and a rifle so while it sucks I'll try to make the best out of it. Saving for a Remington 870 + all the licenses and stuff atm.

>what would you expect US gun laws to look like in another 10 years?
At the rate things are going, gun laws aren't going to be a thing in 10 years. It's going to be the hasgunz, nogunz, white people and brown people.

Attached: 1245788740335.jpg (834x737, 73K)

I go away for like half a year and suddenly Jow Forums is overrun by nazis

and I'm sure that shit like this is gonna get plastered everywhere "ASSAULT WEAPONS MESSAGE BOARD POSTERS ARE ALL NAZIS" and they'll be able to point to Jow Forums and they'll be right.

Fuck everyone here.

>half a year
>thinks that Jow Forums is a progressive board
Newfags lurk moar.

imagine being so far down the nazi rabbithole that you think "nazis are bad" is a progressive position

That sounds like a "guns are a hobby" system. The second amendment has nothing to do with recreational shooting or hunting for food. The 2A was a way to make sure the people would have the ability to defend themselves against the government if the need arose. Allowing the government to have any say regarding civilian gun ownership is like allowing a burglar to choose the type of lock you can install on your front door. Fuck that shit.

You haven't been here for more then 2 years if you truly believe that, you utter retard.

Attached: 1525500664003.jpg (636x568, 157K)

There will be no gun laws in 10 years. School shootings will be so routine, they won't even make the news.

>sees semi autos going away
>pre-emptively kneecaps himself by buying something that will still be available.
user, youre doing it wrong.

What did he mean by this?

Attached: 602B9DEB-7BB4-49B2-A808-6EF98C5006F3.jpg (960x960, 153K)

>underestimating the enemy
this is how you lose wars.

>everyone who disagrees with me is a Nazi
Look at this goy.

>and felt like he could make a stab at what they'd think 2A advocates would compromise on.

What you described isn't a compromise, it's Leftist nuspeak """compromise."""
In an actual compromise, both sides get something.

I'm definitely not a fan of California but guns definitely aren't banned just gayer than aids

>If the U.S. makes it to 2100 (it won't)
Oh, she'll make it alright. Everyone knows the constitution is sacred.
The second we change it, we're all fucked.

I meant it unironically that was just the only way to say it without being lit up by trolls.

Why are you faggots so black pilled? They won't get shit. There is no blue wave. Guns are more popular in this country than ever before.

>make a stab at what they'd think 2A advocates would compromise on.
>compromise
>not get anything in return

What sucks the most is that the guy was a legislature who could have pushed more, but he decided to do the whole "retaining some of your rights is compromise."

>thinking dems will own the govt in 2020 because CNN said so.

The first step in defeat is declaring that something will not happen. If the Constitution of 1789 is to remain the supreme law of the land in 2100, and not be either scraped or neutered to oblivion, then you must be ever vigilant, and must instill within your children a sense of vigilance to maintain the freedoms reserved as an inalienable right for citizens in that document. Vote, encourage other lovers of freedom to vote, vote in every election and to vote at every level. Compliance or apathy is death for liberty.

>Why are you faggots so black pilled?
Demographics

This is fair, better to overreact and prevent something small than to get complacent and miss something big.
>REEEEEEEE DEMOGRAPHICS ARE CHANGING
They've been in a constant state of change since our nation's founding, you are retarded, please stop posting.

>What comes at the end of that is anybody’s guess

Attached: 1504466758074.jpg (920x631, 192K)

>America in 10 years
Basically South Africa on steroids.

Attached: 11ea24c7-5a6b-4dbd-9862-e815fbdd791a.jpg (1919x1221, 699K)

>Basically South Africa on steroids.
>Post an image of Chinese nationalist troops
???

Considering that they're both corrupt governments, it illustrates my point.

I agree, but most of these faggots are actually predicting these things and lamenting their passage as a forgone conclusion. I don't see it. I see more people waking up everyday.

Nice recovery bud

Attached: d04.png (478x523, 14K)

There is no political solution.

>They've been in a constant state of change since our nation's founding, you are retarded, please stop posting.
reagentah.deviantart.com/gallery/63942989/US-Election-Maps

Thank you, user.

>it illustrates my point.
What is that point? Even on Taiwan, Han Chinese are around 95% of the population. Have been for decades. Not exactly similar to either the apartheid or current era SA government.

Excuse me mods, what the fuck?

I guess there weren't enough slide threads on Jow Forums right now so they had to give us this one from whatever other toilet someone flushed it into.

This is what Democrats actually want

Attached: 1526752742805.jpg (720x720, 93K)

Attached: 1521953887619.jpg (750x553, 104K)

>everyone knows
Except for the New Americans rapidly imported into the country since 1965. Enjoy your diversity once Whites become a minority.

2A will stand. I redpilled my leftist boomer bf (I'm a former roastie) finally after years of hard labor and even he admitted today no matter how hard his former beloved democrats try, 2A will stand forever. "It's in the Constitution," he said. "It's not going anywhere."

Attached: 020.jpg (241x209, 6K)

Best 7 minutes on gun control
youtube.com/watch?v=KqqJKChKRzI

>former roastie
No such thing lol