Why wont you go to the trades

>six figure salaries within reach
>no debt
>fun and physically demanding work so you wont become a fat fuck

Attached: aef7bf5e04c1c5b8595fcb2c9da36972.jpg (474x474, 55K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tradesman#Modern_use_and_list_of_skilled_trades
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>demanding + fun
I read this as "I am pretending to be a masochist for the good of modern society"

I shit post for at least 6 hours a day and paid off my student loan debt within a year.

>6 figures
Them is the breaks.

I'm a fucking white male in STEM so I'm not allowed a promotion and I hate job searching too much to move.

My job is sometimes fun. A good programming issue is like solving a puzzle or uncovering a mystery, where the fuck is that null exception coming from?

Fuck off. I plan to kill Jews and steal their wealth.

>show up home sore and tired after busting your ass all day
>have no energy left for social life or hobbies
>go straight to sleep
>repeat until you die
wow sounds like a great deal.

Its definitely not fun, but its not so bad to the point of masochism. A couple of our welders really do seem to love their work though.

i dont have family in a trade business. oh well. maybe ill look at it when nepotism finally falls

I'm in the HVAC trade and the biggest problem I see is the culture of milking the clock. Employers know this is going on so they pay accordingly but the fucking troglodytes all think they are getting one over on the boss. And we can't get paid based on productivity anymore because that would show that certain groups are clearly not equal to others. Not to mention the hourly system allows owners to extract more profits than any other system besides literal slavery.

But where do I start user

>demanding work
>millennials

Getting into HVAC is as easy as passing the test for EPA certification and applying for jobs. Someone out there will be willing to train so long as you have your EPA card. The work can really suck sometimes though and there are a ton of brainlets as I'm sure is the case in most trades.

If I didn't break both of my hips skiing.

Because I can make $15 an hour working at McDonald's.

Vast majority of "skilled labor" jobs pay like shit, regardless of what you have heard.

I'm not good at it. I'm a much more cerebral person than I am a person working with my hands. Otherwise, I would.

I've cut my teeth on trades, and the last thing I want to do is imperil my fellow human beings by welding or wiring something wrong.

>programming
>trade
Not a trade.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tradesman#Modern_use_and_list_of_skilled_trades

This too. The only reason they make even half decent money is because of the massive amounts of overtime. This could be fixed if the troglodytes didn't think milking the clock was the best thing in the world, sadly they will never understand that we could all make more money and have more free time if everyone would just bust ass and get the jobs done so we could all spend more time with our families.

really? im an autist and i absolutely love machining and welding. the tactile feedback from parting aluminum feels amazing. pic related

Attached: 1515569241726.png (1428x1124, 418K)

What do tradies call college grads? Boss.

Wrong. We tell you to hurry up with that fucking coffee so we can get to the job site.

See all promotions go to slacker sons and nephews (not you), see worthless niggers get paid the same as you to hide in porta-potties because no one will fire them, be best welder you can be anyway. Fnally start your own business after years of saving and planning, marry tradwife qtpie, have children, and die of lung cancer at age 40 from welding fumes. Your struggling and desperate post-wall single mother widow remarries a loser emo fagbeard manchild who teaches your sons to wear dresses and makeup while encouraging your daughters to fight the patriarchy with a tramp stamp, nose ring, and purple hair. Sounds like a solid lifeplan anonbro. Pure winning.

I'm a welder. It's fun taking an idea on a piece of paper and making it a real, physical object. And the human body is a filthy bag of gore that requires punishment.

AWS D17.1 certified for 6G/6F stainless, aluminum, inconel alloys, and titanium.

Currently at 42.50$/hr

feelsgoodman.jpg

Attached: Best-Tig-Welder.jpg (768x407, 41K)

I worked in construction to pass time before I left for the navy. I'm transitioning out soon and am considering it but I'm leaning towards CBP or ICE. Hard choice.

Go ICE. We need more of you guys to help us rid us of our locust problem so wages can catch back up to inflation at the very least. CBP seems much too passive to get the job done effectively.

>not bringing a thermos of your own faggy french-pressed fresh-ground kona coffee

Attached: 1475121402878.png (960x960, 302K)

I'm in San Diego. I was thinking about hanging with CBP for a bit and just question immigrants all day at San Ysidro for a few years then graduate to ICE.

Neet who's about to start plumbing apprenticeship, what am I in for?

Lots of shit.

>not bringing beer in the thermos

Attached: Gwen.jpg (640x480, 33K)

Trades are full of niggers and immigrants too. I worked trade and the yard I worked at looked like I was in Africa

How much physical work is involved with machining? Aren't you just working a lathe or something all day? Can't that be automated?

Yea

Attached: 1333861306418.png (392x200, 40K)

>>fun and physically demanding work so you wont become a fat fuck
lmfao
more likely you'd hit the alcohol, soda/Monster Energy, and processed carbs at fast food joints from being tired and hot all day

Attached: damn.jpg (667x1000, 72K)

>assuming the troglodytes don't know they're getting paid hourly

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 63K)

I'm in an apprentice plumbing program. You can expect to carry heavy shit up and down stairs a lot, plus a ton of just standing around watching. Learn the parts as fast as you can, be ten minutes early each day and start cleaning the truck. Listen more than you talk, and if the plumber gets mad at you for not knowing something just shake it off and remember next time.

You miss the point. The troglodytes think that by milking the clock they are getting one over when in reality the boss accounted for that bullshit when they bid on the job. They are intentionally dragging out their days for a very stupid reason. If everyone would just bust ass all day with the goal of completing the job, we could all make our overtime rate as our normal rate and not have to do the retarded amounts of overtime.

Thanks broski

AHAHAHAHAH LOL NO! you cannot automate a machine shop. cnc mills are as dumb as a sack of rocks. they will literally cut themselves in half if you dont know what youre doing and theyre so expensive the computers are very old, ive seen a few from the late 60s early 70s built with pdp 8 and 11 computers still being used today. they also need to be regularly repaired, calibrated and programmed by skilled machinists. they just make machinists more productive is all. accountants on the other hand will get smoked in 15 years by AI and automated spreadsheets