Late Night Journalism and Comedy

What the fuck is up with late night?

So youtube obviously has some kind of contract with late night tv and SNL and stuff of the like, every visit it shills it to me, its in my recommended, its on trending, its on my frontpage, and its all clickbaity. Ive heard how bad this shit was from friends so Ive avoided it until now sans a few vids I was forced to watch in the wild (college professors showing them in class, clips on compilations ect). It finally got to me today, this smug motherfucker John Oliver had some shit to say and baited me into his video, and holy shit it was bad. Logical fallacies at every corner. For a whole 20 minutes. I got through 10 minutes of this shit youtube.com/watch?v=QCjk_NPsIqU and was blown away by what I saw. Oliver gets up on stage, tells unfunny jokes while at the same time acting like hes an expert on the subject. I know that hes just another idiot liberal, but the real problem is the traction that he gets on youtube and on TV. Its not just him either. After this, I was recommended a shit ton of SNL, Kimmel, Colbert, what have you. I watched a couple of SNL skits and they too were unfunny, entirely biased, and manipulative. How are so many people OK with watching entertainment like this? Its unethical what these people are doing, but no one seems to care.

Why are so many people into this stuff?
Don't they know that its manipulative?

Just by the fact that this is popular makes me lose so much faith in my fellow American. Especially at my college. They watch it in class, in the cafeteria, in the library. Some of my more liberal friends eat it right up. How am I suppose to believe that I'm going to school with smart people if they allow themselves to fall to the most basic of strawmen, false equivalences, and ad hominems?

Attached: cq5dam.web.1200.675.jpg (1200x675, 153K)

Other urls found in this thread:

thefederalist.com/2017/08/08/race-based-admissions-policies-asian-students-hiding-ethnicity-avoid-discrimination/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

You're absolutely right. It's a disgrace.

You have to be delusional to believe the stuff they do on SNL. The trump sketches are so far apart from what actually happens it falls into brainwashing in my mind. "Trumps a Baby! Trump wants WWIII! Trump wants to line up every black man and personally whip them! Trump literally sucks Putins dick!"

Why should you believe that you are going to school with smart people? There are many liberal cucks in higher education from community college to Harvard. Many neutral or liberal minded students absorb many things a liberal professor says without question. I'm not saying every republican is "smart" either but there is no doubt that higher education is a liberal echo chamber.

Attached: philosophyPepe.jpg (229x221, 9K)

To be honest I dont know what to believe anymore. the big redpill i took this month was what it takes to get into college if your white vs if your black e.g. a 23 while black is around a 30 if your white for an ACT. It honestly isnt that hard to make a 26+ if you try.

you would think that for the most prestigious public college in the state would filter out most people that don't have a BS filter. Like, I expected most people at college to be reasonable and accept facts when presented. Now I believe that all beliefs are gained primarily through pavlovian and primal ways, as opposed to logical conclusion. I guess I assumed people would be logical, but everyday I passed a signs for anarcha feminism and black lives matter and anti gun posters

I have to admit that John Oliver had a great bant against Great Britain on the last show, calling it America's rough draft.

Well, I hate to say it, but it sounds like you are going to be having an extremely rude awakening with academia. Don't get me wrong I did too when I started college. What you need to concentrate on are grades and finding a social life in school so that these red pills don't end up killing you after each and every day. I am not saying they are not real, but without a social outlet they will weigh heavier and heavier on you each day while you grow bitter and hate life. Concentrate on grades and finding decent people to hang out with. Do not spend your entire day on here.

thefederalist.com/2017/08/08/race-based-admissions-policies-asian-students-hiding-ethnicity-avoid-discrimination/

from the Asian perspective, but works just as well from the white perspective if anyone was curious.

Attached: 1432825048560.jpg (640x640, 82K)

Nobody on here is doubting that. Unfortunately we cannot change that tonight. You will need to double down on not being brainwashed by white self hating liberal arts professors. The difficult part is when you see it happening to your peers and thus becomes the popular thing to do and you may feel left out due to not joining them.

Now what is your major?

Computer Science currently and really enjoying it. Part of the problem is gen eds which I finished most last year. Professors go out of thier way to push thier agendas in ways that are def not subtle. Story time coming up

Im EE so I can probably relate.

> History class on world history since 1945
> teacher is a pajeet
> covers India and Pakistan for a third of the semester
> covers neocolonialism specifically in Ghana for another third
> Last third is on China
> I have to write a 10 page paper on how Mao was actually a good guy
> Whatthefuckamireading.jpg
> proceed to write an essay on how Mao brought China into the 21st Century
> purposfully lowball the kill count
> make an A
> neocon in the class gets a C, read his paper and it seems good enough other than he presented Mao more negatively

Its almost as if essays are a "how much do I like this student" grade

Attached: JohnOliverHypnosis.jpg (1848x817, 314K)

> same history class
> on campus we have a Confederate statue that libs routinely vandalize
> teacher spends 15 min every week talking about his teachers club that consistantly works to take it down
> this nigga suggests putting up Malcolm X instead
> fucking Malcolm X
> the racist fucker who hates whitey
> who has never been to our campus
> this pajeet actually thinks he was the good guy

If you still have a copy of the instructions for the paper, you should send it into some conservative site like campus reform or something and see if they do an article on it. Who knows, maybe it will get a lot of attention!

props to you, EE is harders than comp sci and seems harder, more hands-on and applicable. Fortunatly 3/4 of my classes next semester are major oriented.

Thanks. However I took data structures for a CS minor and the professor was a maniac for homework. I'm pretty sure I spent ~15 hours a week on that class' homework alone. I do not envy you CS majors having to create algorithms at a job interview. Besides the math and physics portions of EE I would say CS is harder overall.

I am going to grad school soon for computer engineering (arch/vlsi mainly) and we have to compete with every pajeet/mohammad to get into our own American schools. CS admissions are the same in terms of competing with foreigners. Which means more years of being surrounded by foreigners. I think I had like 3 american grad student TA's compared to many foreign TA's.

was looking for this but couldn't find it in my disorganized folder. thanks leaf

Louder with Crowder

>What the fuck is up with late night?

Same thing that happened with Comics, movies, stand-up, etc. Something gets popular, businesses copy popular model, invest solely in that model and kill all other alternative genres, drive away all but the niche demographic they cultivated, the push til the wheels come off, when it fails they blame the audience.

Its a symptom of how Americans do business, especially in media.

Attached: tumblr_inline_npbyatll051rm37rz_500.png (500x328, 132K)

Dont you get it? Nature is chaos, it has some trends but when you reach humanity you are trying to rationalize rationalizing irrationality.

The purpose of consumerism and world centralized economics is to facilitate the grouping of people by millions of categorically similar types and patterns, so they become manageable. The smaller manageable packages are then worked against eachother to synthesize new theses in the aim of a controlled disposition. This study of group behavior is known as structural sociology and is a guarded field beyond impotent academics. People who work in this field dont write books, they serve masters. What you are seeing right now is virtually no different than a peasant in the city square at the height of communism suddenly realizing that things arent what they seem, that he's surrounded by zombies who cheer on stalin just like they cheered on lenin before, and the mencheviks before him, and the tsar before them.

You are getting a rare glimpse through a window of rapid cultural and social engineering and you are independent minded enough and principled enough to recognize that the status quo has severely diverged from your status quo which was everyone's status quo.

Don't let go of this revelation. Hold it close. The truth of your world can only be found from the almighty showing you through the eyes youve been given. Don't take it for granted.

Understand that one day, you will be the enemy, and you will have to make the choice to fight for what you believe in and risk destruction or assimilate into the slaughter house.

The choice is simple.

came here to make sure this was posted
good shit user/s

Attached: 1528679815248.jpg (861x787, 103K)

>How am I suppose to believe that I'm going to school with smart people
easy redpill, pink pill
of course you're not going to school with smart people

the smart people are on the fronteir, on the internet
some on the chans, some on the few free speech subreddits. on tor. etc