(((( "Italian Americans" ))))

Why do people (particularly well off white people in America) identify as italian despite having never met a real Italian person, been to Italy, etc. I've never met a group of people identify more with an outside culture aside from blacks and the Jews.
>Muma Mia! Ima just a crazy Sicilian!
>Look ata me, I only eat carbs and drink wine!
>oh our family is just loud because we're italian.
>I just want to go back to the old country.
>I watch the godfather 1-2 every weekend after catholic church

Attached: 41E2H47GKDL._SX355_.jpg (355x266, 17K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=j2lV9djpRnI
youtu.be/hMkz-Mrxs-c
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

MKULTRA victims

Bump. Italians make fun of Italian Americans for being so ass backwards

coping for being non-white

It’s because Italians eventually assimilated nicely in American culture but then they see spics not assimilating and getting praised by leftist for it so they are trying to unironically unassimilate even though at this point Americana is partially “Italian” and you can’t separate the two at this point.

Because they are not American

Attached: 1446599944851.jpg (1206x681, 85K)

Deep

Attached: 0D3D9E49-7727-4A0E-AF4B-E7D1EF4CE196.gif (426x426, 3.13M)

because they couldn't fit into the general germanic/celtic white race of america. So they identify as separate. They are quite a bit different than the typical white american.

Northern Italians are white you niggers. But not silicilians for sure. I think that’s what you mean

What's up with you guys and your fixation with Sicilians? have you ever been there?

oh look, a divide thread

I side with those who were rightfully born here than the foreign hordes defiling it

Attached: nightforamericans.gif (640x272, 3.21M)

That's right white people! Never identify with your cultural heritage! It makes you look just silly! We're all just a melting pot, you stupid goys, I mean guys!

ameridumbs italbro, we really really believe movies are real here.

You might, you moron.

It's OK to be proud of your heritage.

Attached: fabio3.jpg (780x520, 61K)

Fuck off hand sanitizer drinking, pedo, savages.
kill all natives

Fuck off

Italian Americans weren’t considered white until the early 90s.
We stayed in our own neighborhoods.
The goverment & police refused to treat us equally, so we made our own governments (mafias) to protect us fairly.
My ancestor was an Italian mercenary, and was exiled from Italy after serving the wrong people.
My family moved to America, only to be treated like shit.
My great grandpa served in ww2, he was a navigator in a bomber over the Japanese theatre- fought for our country, nearly died & even then- still treated like shit.
My family ran a mafia, when my great grandpa couldn’t afford medical bills, they offered to pay for it all- only if he’d do some jobs for them.
He refused, and moved out to California.
My family left the Italian ghettos, but still in California- not seen as humans.
Drafted into Vietnam as a merchant marine, my grandpa was. Rode up & down the rivers mowing down commie nips who tried to ambush the boats carrying supplies with an MG.
Came home after serving his country.
He was spit on, attacked, called a baby killer when he stepped onto US soil. The first thing he did? Throw away his uniform & medals.
In California, my family started a wine business. Just like the old country.
We managed to turn a dime here and there, growing up since the age of 5 I worked on the land. Manual labor, shit like that.
When the recession hit my family wasn’t able to make a living anymore. We sold the land & found work elsewhere.
Growing up in high school in California, I was treated like shit. People here absolutely fucking hate Italians. Mexicans & nordcucks hate us.
My roots run deep & that’s all I have to say. Fuck this country & fuck you people.

This is what I see
>I'm proud of my ethnic heritage
>I eat the food of my culture
>I participate in American-Italian behavioral norms
>I want to see where my family's from
>I worship God every sunday.

So if an Indian or an Arab moves to America theyre americans then, right?

Why does Fabio look so much like a jacked Mueller

Because genetics matter more than anything.

I knew a tweaker girl who got an italian pin up girl with the flag and everything on her leg just because her mom was 1/4 italian. It was sad.

>hurr durr im german
Fuck off your a 5th gen american you stooge.

for the gabagool

Attached: 1508781105002.jpg (980x716, 258K)

>Italians make fun of Italian Americans for being so ass backwards
Italians make fun of all Americans, at least the ones that aren't bluepilled by our nigger movies and pop culture.
>Never identify with your cultural heritage!
None of them even speak the language of their "people"

Attached: dialetto.png (2000x2286, 393K)

All things considered, yes. It's a business club LARPing as a nation-state. I want out.

>Italians From Jew York
>Really Jews

Pick one.

Americans think sicilians are dark or mixed because of the movies u fucking dumb nigger.

I speak Italian more properly than you speak English.

>Can't spell for shit
>I'm dumb
Don't spend it all in one place cum guzzler

Attached: 8b8.jpg (680x383, 49K)

Most long-term Americans are curious about heritage before their ancestor landed here. Typically, I will see people try to embrace a foreign country they think they came from. by attending cultural fairs, buying trinkets and what not. Then without fail, they run into some prick from that actual country who thinks it is ridiculous they identify as them. Then at that moment, that person is forever transformed into a pure American and never questions anything that came before.

Attached: fuck_u_storm.jpg (500x375, 52K)

>I speak Italian
>doesn't understand the map or what it entails

Jesus I have nothing more to say to you people

Attached: 54E903FE-C09F-4FB1-A292-5DEF335B1D15.png (657x488, 585K)

>blogposting

no one cares about your made up story

This is pretty true, i see it in many of my family members.
T. 4th gen american pasta nigger

Attached: badda-bing-badda-boom-30919678.png (500x506, 94K)

HEY PAISANO, MADONNA YOU HAVEN'T EATEN SINCE THIS MORNING?!?! MANGA MANGA MANGA, YOU'VE GOT TO STAY HEALTHY PAISAN, YOU WANT SOME FRESH MOTTSARELLA ON THIS?

Have you ever met a fucking greek american? The greeks do this too, "hey we are so fucking greek" but they're just larping

>Grew up with "italian" family
>Grandpa threatens people with "could've been in the mafia"
>They try and hook me up with my "italian" cousin or some shit
>Constantly hears all the stereotypical stuff
mfw I get disowned and "cut off" because I had a baby with a non-italian

Attached: 1401142301693.gif (245x188, 674K)

Attached: CF27996F-69EB-464D-A327-8656078213E6.jpg (750x957, 199K)

>cultural heritage has nothing to do with language
>ignores the fact that none of the people who identify as "Italian-American" can speak Italian, or the actual language of "your" ancestors
Yep, I've been destroyed by a spicey meme.
>Italian Americans weren’t considered white until the early 90s
Yeah, you're not very bright.
>The goverment & police refused to treat us equally, so we made our own governments (mafias) to protect us fairly.
lol
>My ancestor was an Italian mercenary, and was exiled from Italy after serving the wrong people.
lol
>My family ran a mafia, when my great grandpa couldn’t afford medical bills, they offered to pay for it all- only if he’d do some jobs for them.
lol
>In California, my family started a wine business. Just like the old country.
Now your story is actually making me cringe
>When the recession hit my family wasn’t able to make a living anymore. We sold the land & found work elsewhere.
Selling land in Californian wine country should have made your family millionaires. I am confused though, were you trying to bait people or just look retarded?

Attached: [Autistic shrieks].png (1587x1600, 1.13M)

I'm northern italian and have brown eyes.

Jow Forumstards do not understand what a tan is

Attached: D895FB57-196C-47E2-9D90-A6154240197B.jpg (1536x2386, 508K)

too bad the skin on my arms is gookish yellow

Your arms are half and half, bro. Go get naked somewhere and tan your whole body.

You're retarded. Italians were in the 13 colonies and were considered white and allowed to become citizens.

Every law in us history that denotes any type of racial segregation (jim crow laws) never applied to italians.

Attached: C6D3141D-EC9E-42EB-AD64-D571CA2C751D.png (735x1024, 792K)

I guess you are right, sometimes it feel like you guys see Italian culture as American for some reason, like our coffee culture now with Starbucks.
I remember talking with an American student years ago, I said something like "I like how the Japanese honor our culture when making games like these (was talking about devil may cry 3 and 4)" and he didn't understand what I meant, had to explain the references to the divine comedy, the names, the architecture and even stuff like Dante liking pizza were inspired by Italian culture, it was kind of surreal.

>t. apes living in a country named after an italian

Attached: Amerigo-Vespucci.jpg (437x599, 84K)

Nah just a farmers tan

Those are some of the best things about those games. I played DMC 3 and 4 more than I wanted to, but I probably could have played more.

>All these mutts we wuzzing about Italy
I feel sorry for you, Italians
It must feel horrible to see all these morons disgrace you and your country

Attached: I-mad-dis.jpg (600x763, 195K)

I'm an English American person. My DNA is about 92% British Isles.

I have no regrets or issues with identifying myself as such. My view is, my ethnic heritage doesn't matter to anyone but me.

Who was named after a Magyar.

There’s more Irish living in America than Ireland.

youtube.com/watch?v=j2lV9djpRnI

My fathers grandparents grew up in the Southern Italy in the Alps and I don't make a big deal about it. What's the point? At least they were smart enough to live in the alps away from niggers. idk.

RESISTANCE IS FUTILE.
YOU(R CULTURE) WILL BE ASSIMILATED.

Yeaaa, right

I used to live in Ireland (Cork), you know
And I have seen your 'people' come to Ireland and we wuz about their cultural heritage
> yeah, My fellow Irish. I myself am Irish too
> alright, where are your guns?
> i was told that Ireland is like mini-USA
> Irish cuisine? Em.. Steak?
>But look, I have a green shirt and I love Guinness!

You're just jealous that nobody we wuzes about poland.

i am 10% polish

Because the fucking wops haven't fully assimilated yet. Within the next 10-15 years all the old people will die and "Italian America" will die with them
t. Anglo New Yorker

This guy gets it

Clean 10% of my toilet.

The number of Irish descendants is 7x larger than the amount of people living in Ireland because half of their fucking country left during the potato famine

Attached: 2AA20E5A-D261-46C6-B0B3-76DE069811E6.jpg (639x405, 50K)

b-bully

fucking nigger

I have seen plenty of Polish we wuzzers
Both irl and on Jow Forums

And trust me
I hate them just as much as I hate other we wuzzers
>I am proud of being Polish
> BTW I can't even speak Polish

People who have forsaken their identity for the sake of meme nation such as USA should never be allowed to come back to Europe
They are a disgrace to every single European country

Because muricans have no real tradition, they're a made up country of diverse roots, so they pick whatever is closer to them, meaning the origin of their ancestors. Texans have a bit of spanish heritage I think

At this point can't even tell if bait or not

He's half right, the blood is pretty diluted. With that in mind, 33 million is a pretty conservative amount, I'm willing to wager it's at least double that

>Because America was named after an Italian I deserve respect
>Wop logic
You people are why New York is a corrupt morass

Modern polish isn’t the same as old polish, therefore you aren’t really polish since you don’t speak the real original polish language

Get fucked slav’e

I'm north italian you shitskin.

You're describing sicilians.

Attached: surname distribution.png (455x487, 250K)

lol nice pic from a movie literally made by italian-americans and the main character is dicaprio

Same reason newyorikans call themselves puertoricans even tho none of them speak spanish, have no idea about cultural customs or how to prepare dishes and have never visited the island and when they do they are all surprised because "it's so different and sheit." They are all a bunch of poser faggots that want to be special since they are just another nobody in life.

And how many of these people know anything about Ireland?
About its cuisine, history, language or politics, for that matter

You have to admit though, butcher bill was literally Jow Forums incarnate

youtu.be/hMkz-Mrxs-c

>you shitskin
>projecting this hard

Attached: 1467307779353.png (442x370, 248K)

I believe the term is plastic as to what your referring to, that or watered down. Plastics have no relation except for some thin amount of blood whereas watered downs have some tangible connection whether its speaking the language, some depth of culture or even family ties that still exist. But all watered downs are refered to as the american by their relatives and friends

>implying we care when we have the best food in the world and women of all races are attracted to you

Enjoy your areas of influence getting genocided, negro.

Attached: basedduce.jpg (850x400, 73K)

My mother's side of the family comes from Sicily. Her parents both had families from the same village there, and her maternal grandmother arrived in America when she was two years old.

But, yeah, it's pretty stupid to play the heritage game. I'm a mutt, we're all mutts. The one thing I'm grateful for regarding my Sicilian heritage is that it made me Catholic. My heritage with the One True Church is a continual source of joy for me.

I also like stuffed artichokes, but that's a smaller thing.

Attached: italy_sicily_cefalu.jpg (2200x1470, 168K)

cucktholics are subhuman

Based

Yeah

Attached: 477271390.jpg (720x896, 132K)

This could be said about French, not Polish you bloody imbecile
Polish was fairly consistent throughout history, which is reflected by its grammar and pronunciation
There are also no sub-groups within Poland
(Italy, for an example,has Nepalese, Sicilians Etc)
people who speak French have probably noticed that there is a divide in French language - what you say is not always what read

What went wrong with Sicily that turned it and its people into shit? I feel like an island in the med sea would become a major trade port and thus would be home to higher class people.

>be me
>"italian" american
>like collecting ww2 books
>hate gold chains
>hate hair gel
>hate the sopranos/other hollywood bullshit that pushes stereotypes
>hate eating at the table with my family
>am protestant
>antisocial
>hate nigger music
>like steak and beer more than pasta and wine

Attached: reggie.jpg (1280x720, 40K)

Italian literature is usually poorly translated, and the English speaking world has completely ignored Italians. Let me blog about my own experience
>want to read dual language books to help improve
>find the divine comedy from a publisher that usually does good translations
>the retarded niggers used the original medieval Florentine text, many words are blatantly mistranslated

Attached: 19B45E6D-3339-4D7B-96D7-E1BA5711F194.jpg (640x626, 42K)

>Sicilians
>Italians
Pick one. Don't associate me with those island fucks.

Attached: miriam a cute.jpg (4016x2673, 620K)

Don't call yourself italian facing a real one. Specially in the north

I didn't you moor.

I'm actually from Milano, born there at Monza not like you pretending to be "from the north" or something you fucking negro mexican

my surname is literally only found in the north you moorish rape product.
>p-people move to different cities
Fuck off. That only starting happening in the 50s and 60s. My family came here in 1899.

Looks like the Spanish inquisitor left one behind

>Genocided
Nah m8 I'm a blue blooded Yankee; unless you marry an "Italian" woman your kids won't identify as "Italian", and your grandkids certainly won't. Like I said, Italian America is dying. It gave us good food but now it's time to shut the fuck up about it. American identity has had the rug pulled from under it by autistic hyphenism. Be part of the solution, not the problem

Attached: 1512619014357.png (1240x1870, 3.48M)

I have no choice but to marry an italian as you autists will throw a fit if I marry a "pure nordic" even though no such thing exists in america, but it's perfectly ok for pewdiepie to marry a nigger italian.

If the male is darker and wants a pale female they get called a nigger going "muh dick" even though pale skin on men is effeminate.

Attached: swedegirl.jpg (500x758, 83K)

>I have no choice but to marry an italian as you autists will throw a fit if I marry a "pure nordic"
I'd rather you do this
>even though no such thing exists in america
Exactly my point
>If the male is darker and wants a pale female they get called a nigger going "muh dick"
Do you take Jow Forums seriously?
>even though pale skin on men is effeminate.
This is just strange all around

>This is just strange all around
>implying it isn't true

Attached: snowniggersrejected.png (739x839, 589K)

The fact you threw it in your post was strange, dumb nigger