Heading to community college

What are some good fields of study.
I hate math btw so nothing mathy.

Attached: math-lady-resized.jpg (880x393, 85K)

Other urls found in this thread:

timeshighereducation.com/student/news/college-degrees-highest-salary-potential
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

ahhhh the 13th grade. have fun. i spent years in CC. transferred in, tranferred out, transferred back in again. it was cheap and there were an adequate amount of college sluts. my campus didn't have any of the insanity that you see going on on campuses these days, but of course this was 10 years ago.

as far as majors are concerned, don't bother, you're going to CC and won't amount to anything anyway.

:( wow that was harsh.
So CC is worthless? What about the whole 2 year transfer thing?

also not for nothing but if you hate math and dont want anything "mathy" then you're essentially barring yourself from the STEM fields, which are the only fields that will actually pay off for you and help you make anything of yourself. the rest of the college curriculum is basically just a scam the state (and private institutions) perpetrate on the students.
source: guy with a BA in psychology.

Just go for the transfer Associate and then transfer to an in-state 4 year university.

No one will take an Associate alone as evidence of qualification. My brother spent 3 years getting an Associate in computer programming and literally no one would hire him. After all that effort not paying off, he fell into a deep depression and started drinking heavily.

CC isn't worthless if you're going for like a dental program certificate, or radiology, or something concrete where you're going to graduate and get a job. but if you're going for "liberal arts" or "humanities" or "soft sciences" then you're wasting your time and money.
the best stuff is STEM stuff, but you say no math, so it's tough for you.
IMO you would be better off at a trade school.

Likely referring to the high rate of dropouts with most CC students.

problem is, you transfer into a 4 year school and fine. then what? what program are you transferring into if its not STEM? feminist dance therapy? underwater basket weaving? i mean there is just an endless array of programs at CC and 4 year colleges alike that will get you absolutely nothing and nowhere in life.

so yeah, transferring is great, but you have to transfer into a good program and have a real career plan.

You major in STEM you fucking retard.

things might be different now, but i remember when i went to UMASS Amherst NOBODY worked. back home at my CC EVERYONE worked. i went to CC? i worked. 30-40 hours plus a full schedule. that was typical. UMASS Amherst? shit, there weren't even any jobs around you could get if you wanted one. it was just vacation where you occassionally took a test. AND the CC courses were like 10 times harder cuz the UNI courses were like 400 students, nobody took attendance and it was just like 3 scantron fill in the blank tests over the course of the semester.

that's why CC has such low graduation and transfer rates IMO.

This. Community College is for cutting the cost of a 4 year degree in half, nothing more.

That's literally all it's good for.

accounting bro, the early classes are fairly easy and tons of cuties, oh and youll be making fucking BANK assuming you go cpa route.

>that 30 year old boomer who couldn't finish community college

Attached: steven.jpg (376x349, 22K)

math

lol i said i have a BA in psychology, you idiot.

You really should take an intro to programming or software development. Not web design. Software. Anything that gets you inside an IDE and shows you how to run your program. Just get familiar with the logic involved and start noodling around. You'd be surprised at how quickly you can catch on.

>Hate math
Retard, nothing. If your major doesnt require linear algebra it's basically a piece of paper.

That said, good majors: Statistics, Math, Computer Science, Economics, Engineering

Avoid: Hard sciences (unless willing to persue phD), humanities, "business," anything that ends in "studies"

Attached: giphy.gif (476x360, 137K)

0/10 bait cmon bro

Accounting is comfy af and the only math you use is +/-/×/÷

if you hate math and don't want to be a starbucks barista you can do some track based on biology but be ready for a fucking shitload of memorization.

t. Double Majored in Econ & Biochem,
The stats and coding I learned are useful. Biochem is literally useless to me unless I want to be a lab tech @ 17 and hr.

>guy asks about community college
>answer and casually mention that i transferred for my 4 year BA
>"0/10 bait hurr durrrr"
omfg, fucking Jow Forums.

youre serious?
You finished a BA. IN. FUCKING. PSYCHOLOGY?
BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

Attached: 1485711744819.jpg (640x640, 49K)

You learn to ignore the shit posters

Is psychology a joke major?
My sister is majoring in that.

Secondly I wanted to learn IT, specifically networking and security but it seems too autistic and dorky. No one will take me seriously.

Thought about business but im not a Jew.

How about sales.

Dont encourage the autist who finished a worthless degree, my fucking god

Attached: 1517891540674.jpg (1080x1223, 175K)

yeah what a loser i am, right?
meh i come here to talk with the shitposters and raging autists, in fairness.

Well what are you doing with it now, thats whats important. Too be fair, i have a buddy doing a management role pushing>80k with a ba in psychology, but its definitely an uphill battle. thats why i want to dissuade op from even considering it, there are easier majors with easier career paths

Right but clearly this particular autist knows how to push your buttons. Don't make it so satisfying for him

i have a psychology BA and it is a joke major. none of it is real. it's a total scam. i chose it when i was 18, almost at random, because i was like "oh man, i want to help people!". then i got into the classes and it was ALL emotionally fragile attractive women, so i stayed with it until i graduated. but it's basically a joke major. i've never used it or done anything with it. i have a junking and antiques business + i do some artisan work in my basement, mostly selling woodworking products and so-forth. never once used my faggot bullshit degree and dont even know what i WOULD use it for if i wanted to.

yes psychology is a meme, unless you follow all the through and complete a masters, then you can become a community college psychology professor teaching psychology to the next wave of retards who think majoring in psychology is a good idea

just wrote what i was doing . so basically nothing with the degree. i could have skipped the whole thing and ended up in the same place im in now. college was a total waste. total. complete. waste.

except for the women i banged.
he dont push buttons lol. nobody on Jow Forums pushes my buttons. just cuz i talk to someone doesn't mean they push my buttons.

As long as you can get a job after going to CC, it's all cool.

HS dropout and got a AAS in Computer Information Systems (i.e. administration/networking/programming). I'm not doing too shabby @ 70k+.

If you think you can cut it, go for a comp sci degree. Some are more "mathy" than others. Otherwise, a degree similar to mine isn't bad, and universities are starting to offer Bachelor's degrees in the same field.

I have a friend who's doing game programming and loves it. Not too mathy and just about everything you learn is applied to game programming. You can take this programming experience anywhere.

Truly, it depends on your interests, but accounting, some business programs, comp sci, even economics (which may or may not be heavy on math, but usually mostly statistics) are good fields if you're unsure.

There's always the option of a trade degree. I've heard traders like plumbing, carpentry, etc. are booming.

Most of all, do your best to get good grades. That shit matters if you end up deciding not to transfer. I got my job by the skin of my teeth because, in part, I got a 4.0 GPA.

Just learn math, after I got over how much I hated it I realized it was just method and logic. Find a different way of learning it, there’s not some mysterious magic making it impossible

t. flaky housewife

Not a lot of directions to go with it. A friend of mine has a BA in psychology and he is basically just an orderly in a mental health treatment center. He makes decent money but it's shitty work and there's little room for advancement. Psychology is only really a useful field of study if you plan on going on and getting a masters or a doctorate or something, just getting a bachelors and stopping doesn't make much sense.

I would say it's one of those majors that are good if you're interested in the field, but if your objective is just to get a job you're better off picking something else or just not going to college at all.

Women's Studies

Community college isn't about finding the right field
It's about finding the girl who won't cheat on you

Use the credits you earned from the ba in psychology, take some accounting courses, after 3 quarters of prereqs youll need another 6 quarters of upperdivision bus/acct classes to finish a ba in accoutning. Im in the same boat as you bro, did a bs in geology - smoked pot and fucked around the entire time graduated with a 2.5 and did nothing with it for a year until i went back to cc. Now im 2nd year associate, 1 more cpa exam and making 68k + bonus + 2.5 weeks vacation (good fucking luck taking it whenver though).
you got this, dont give up, sorry for being a dick

Community college is great. Make sure you go to one that is rated highly and has a good reputation. I went to CC and got all my basics out (didn’t want to be in big lecture halls) and then transferred to Duke University. All my credits were accepted. Got a BA in Statistics and a minor in geography. Now I’m in a doctorate program at an Ivy. CC only helps you grow and save money. Just make sure to not only focus on grades. Get involved and branch out. My grades were always good but plenty of people had better gpas than me. BUT I was (and still am) very involved in volunteer organizations. Schools eat that up and it soothes the soul. Good majors that I’ve found people who aren’t math inclined have excelled at are: Sociology/Anthropology, Geology, Political Science, Classics, Marketing, Management, Entrepreneurship, Philosophy, and sometimes economics (you’ll need calculus) good luck friend

HVAC

>dont give up
lol dude i have like a business......and then another slightly smaller business....and i work for myself without anyone telling me what to do. what are you talking about lmfao.

Don’t be such a defeatist. You’ll make it someday man.

timeshighereducation.com/student/news/college-degrees-highest-salary-potential

Another decent degree is technical writing. Dry as fuck, but if you can assimilate information fairly quickly and make sense of it, and you tend toward writing, that might be a good option.

My suggestions here assume you are transferring, aside from the trade degrees.

how much money are you making, you think business will be always good for ahem an antique shop?

Attached: GodIsWithUs.jpg (2143x1421, 2.02M)

user im majoring in Chemistry this fall, is this a good step toward med school?

thanks bro. i really hope i do.

This. Don't give up dude. One day you can turn that "like a business" into a real business.

Unironically this, or a trade in general
No degree that doesnt require heavy levels of math will have as high income prospects as a good trade.

> I hate math

nigger detected

>Med school
Meh, but may fuck with your GPA limited your options a bit. Look at grade distributions of classes and see if you think it's your route, because you can take the premed courses with literally any major and a bs in chem isn't a particularly good fallback if you dont end up going the med school route

Go to a trade school.

No problem, dude. Just gotta keep your head up. Maybe you can use your psych credits and go back and get a degree in, like, humanities, then you’d be set making like 24k a year bro.

antiques are just one thing i do. and yeah because "antiques" also includes "collectibles" and shit like god damn nintendo games that reddit tards are all obsessed with. there's a ton of things that come into and go out of vogue. that's largely what the business is all about. understand what is hot and what people want at any given time. plus i do woodworking, a little metallurgy, glassblowing and whatever you can think of in my workshop. and i refinish furniture and so forth. lots of stuff. lots of stuff. i've fixed up arcade cabinets and pinball machines too. even bought and sold vehicles and ATV's and motorbikes on occasion. very diverse business so im sure it will be fine.
as far as how much money i make it varies. depends on how much work i do. usually like 80K but last year i hardly worked and only made like 35K. that's cuz when you dont answer to anyone and make your own hours you can get lazy. even when i make like 80K though i'm still not putting in any more than 40 hours a week so i'm pretty happy.

What would be a better degree to pursue while in pre med? I meet a lot of people who were either doing biology or bio chemistry, would those be better?

i will try.

Also networking is more important than gpa in just about any major, and especially if your not doing a ‘mathy’ major. That’s the advantage the students who do all 4 years at university have over cc transfers. Everyone says they save so much money, but they lose out on 2 years at the place you really want to be. Join as many relevant clubs to your major as you can. And if you’re sensible join a fraternity, it’s a built in 1,000+ member Greek community; but if you’re an alcoholic retard it won’t help much. So really try to choose a relevant major, but overall network

Yea but how can you even take advantage of networking?

Just steal everything like Einstein did, his math was all wrong, Hawking fixed it since Einstein was too dumb to fix or ever explain any of the math he used in a peer setting.

Attached: 1528519905142.jpg (755x1543, 237K)

Become a youtuber.

It takes the average person 4.5 years uploading videos on youtube to start making a living doing it and it is statistically a much stronger return on your investment.

Even worse, bio is oversaturated so even masters students have trouble finding work. Chem E or Bio E probably best bet.

the first thing you should do in community college is walk the fuck out and go get an apprenticeship in a trade.

Skilled labor is currently at a premium in this country and a real blue collar professional can name his price.

You can wile away the next 4 years of year life in adult day care getting indoctrinated and yelled at by a bunch of liberal arts blue hair butterballs that are going to be using their womens studies degrees as napkins at their Starbucks job for the rest of their lives...

...Or you could be getting paid to learn a real skill, be making six digits a year by the time you're 30 if not sooner, and do work that is typically solitary in nature, or if not solitary, than dominated by traditionally masculine men.

So what sounds better to you?

pay some bursar jew six digits for 4 years of something that may or not amount to nothing, and get hassled by all the future overweight coffee slurpers and supermarket checkers doing it

Or actually just start working in a high demand field and own your own home and attract a legitimate mate of quality and live like a king in a job where you will probably never work with a pseudo intellectual shill or a crybaby woman.

Whites are so dumb. Just leave all the stem fields to the “inferior” Indians, Asians, and Arabs.

I chemical engineering still a good choice these days? I'm primed and ready to suffer

Chase your dreams whitey! Leave all the high paying stem fields to the “inferior” “shitskins” and “goatfuckers”

Thank you user ill take this into consideration

wtf do they even teach in psychology, isnt that a pokemon type? Isnt Mewtwo Psychology or something.

You guys really need to stop being so cucked, i need to have a good doctor for once

The more connections you have gives you an edge for finding and acquiring a job. People hire people they know over people they don’t know, even if your gpa is worse than the next guys, to a reasonable degree

Too wordy. I wouldn't open with that one.

I hate math btw so nothing mathy.

This is like a fat person wanting to lose weight and saying
> i hate diety so nothing diety

The ge psychology classes that I had to take pertained to like reasoning, fallacies, and maybe some mental manipulation things I can’t really remember. It’s basically like that all the way through ba, then it branches off into specifics when you get to the masters level as far as I know

CC is basically free you sound like someone trying to justify his life choices

sounds like some Plato shit but thats actually philosophy.

Ok Ive decided to do I.T. System Admin or Network Security. But who the fuck knows.. Everything is being automated these days no job is safe unless you work in an intellectual field.

Its definitely possible to do the whole tranfer thing. Its a high drop out rate due to people working full time and having kids. If you can avoid that and commit, you can transfer.

Good choices.

If IT is up your alley, consider Database Administration. You can make bank, often telecommute, and some DBAs don't do a damn thing.

CC isn't worthless my man. Unless you have a full ride, CC for associates then state university for bachelors is much better than state university for 4 years. If you want a 4 year degree, the only reasons to not go to CC are that you have a scholarship or you got accepted to an Ivy league or close school. In particular, is wrong when he says you need to go for something concrete. It doesn't matter where the first two years of a 4 year degree come from.

That said, if you want to avoid math, your options for marketable degrees are severely limited. The good news is that some of those are 2 year degrees that a CC will offer, such as nursing. There are several tiers of nursing degrees and all pay well compared to the level of education, but you have to clean up puke and shit at the lower tiers.

Also, as others have suggested, you might look at trade skill certifications, which many CCs offer. Also, there are marketable 4 year degrees that don't require a strong math background, but often the pay is not great and the field is full of Liberal women (social work comes to mind). Don't go these routes if you have to take on massive debt unless you're REALLY passionate about the field.

One final note: if you can find a good math teacher, or maybe even better, a tutor, you might find you are better at math than you think. It's easy to fall into the "I suck at math" trap because each level depends on the previous so if you don't get one, you'll never get the rest. For example, if you rely on a calculator as a crutch when dealing with fractions, you never learn to work with fractions. If you can't work with fractions, you can't learn algebra. If you don't understand algebra, you can't learn calculus. Don't be afraid or ashamed of starting with low level math classes.

Attached: 1477151848058.jpg (900x653, 274K)

Wasn't there a recent revelation that Einstein was racist, too?

>I hate math btw so nothing mathy.
Enjoy being poor, faggot

those degrees give you a good chance of finding a decent salary job after 4 years.
Or if you have perseverance for it, meme your way through a masters in a soft science like English or psychology and get into teaching community college. EZbux in that

>Ok Ive decided to do I.T. System Admin or Network Security. But who the fuck knows.. Everything is being automated these days no job is safe unless you work in an intellectual field.

This is solid. Do this. Even if it gets mathy at times with coding, just stick it out. That way, you won't be poor and can hack niggers.

Database Administration im already rubbing my hands like that Merchant meme. Sounds tasty thanks for pointing that out to me.

Attached: 1524512515745.gif (441x480, 3.95M)

Average salary is around 80k. Get dem shekels!

>In particular, (You)
>is wrong when he says you need to go for something concrete. It doesn't matter where the first two years of a 4 year degree come from.
that's true if you're going to transfer, but if you're not you do have to go for something concrete. and if you waste your time jacking off in liberal arts courses at CC, then transfer to UNI you're only disadvantaging yourself, leaving yourself with a crammed schedule full of intensive major courses (particularly rough if you choose a tough major).
and if you get a BA or BS in something worthless it's still goign to be worthless. so no, overall i would not say that i am "wrong".

>so nothing mathy.
Fuck you.

>Go for math anyway
>Ph.D. in Math
>any job you want
>$300k starting

kek phd in math, i didn't even pass algebra in hs I had to take alternative math courses like investing and business finance to fulfill the requirement.

I'm sure If I was Asian or White math would be easy but as an Ethiopian math just isnt in the cards for me unfortunately.

>that's true if you're going to transfer, but if you're not you do have to go for something concrete
This is correct

>and if you waste your time jacking off in liberal arts courses at CC, then transfer to UNI you're only disadvantaging yourself, leaving yourself with a crammed schedule full of intensive major courses (particularly rough if you choose a tough major).
and if you get a BA or BS in something worthless it's still goign to be worthless. so no, overall i would not say that i am "wrong".
This is wrong. Any associates degree will cover the majority of prereq's and gen eds required by a transfer school (all of them if you plan carefully) even if it's a "jackoff liberal arts degree". Even if you plan horribly, the only classes you will have to make up are Freshman- or Sophomore-level prereqs. There's no such thing an an "intensive major course" at a community college; those are all Junior and Senior level. Moreover, none of your criticisms for transferring from a 2 year to a 4 year school apply any more to the 2 year school than they do to the first two years at a university. Given that, the fact that nobody gives a shit where you got your prereqs, and the fact that a junior college is much cheaper than a university, yes, you are wrong.

Not useless at all. My friend transferred to UCLA from a CC. College is all motivation not intelligence

not if its a liberal arts degree though dude. like i said, you'll be doing all your gen eds and then you'll be stuck with a fulll courseload of major intensive classes, which can be difficult if you're in a difficult major.
like you say, planning is essential, but if you don't plan then you're gonna end up exactly like i said lol. come on man, you know i'm not "wrong" here or anything. dunno why you want me to be.
>the fact that nobody gives a shit where you got your prereqs, and the fact that a junior college is much cheaper than a university, yes, you are wrong.
wow look at all of this strawmanning and goalpost moving. this is what you have to resort to to "win" and argument that isn't even actually an "argument"?

t. prob a butthurt kid in community college who is insecure about it and projects his insecurities onto things other people are saying.

this. College is overrated as fuck. I'm currently in flight school to become a helicopter pilot cause i absolutely hate learning things i don't want to.

>shitting on his intelligence based on his race
really starting to think you're larping, but in case you aren't, what's the last math class you did well in (say B or better)?

There is basically nothing worth studying that isn't 'mathy' in some way. Math is just the system we've invented for understanding the universe. Anything worth doing is basically just applied math.

If it is community college go for the AA degree.
Math to Calc 1/2
Biology 1/2
Chemistry up in Organic Chemistry 1/2
Physics 1/2
A Language 1/2
English 1/2
The for the electives
Drawing for Art
World History or Political Science
Speech
A Persuasive Writing style course

Avoid LARP courses like
Anthropology
Sociology
Physiology
Shit that is called "Interpersonal Communications"

Do this any you may learn something and have a useful degree. A focused 2 year degree is better than a fucking 4 your BS in Anthropology.

Economics is the least mathy field I know that has any seamblance to STEM.

this is nice and all, but the reason most people go to community college is because they did shit in high school

Boy I wish I could afford community college.

Attached: 1523285493130m.jpg (1024x576, 88K)

be a mechanic

>Can't do mafths reee

Enjoy gender studies

Oh, and OP, as a minority, apply for scholarships like a motherfucker. I'm a white male and literally got paid to go to community college after all the grants and scholarships, and that's even after tuition.

You will get scholarships up the ass if you apply and maintain good grades.