Jow Forums writing wiki thread

>Jow Forums writing wiki thread

Long story short:
>the SCP foundation was founded by some 4channers from /x/
>It became really popular, with various video games and internet series based off of it
>It slowly became crappier and crappier
>It got taken over by SJW admins who changed the logo to a pride flag icon (look it up)
>We got the idea to make a different site where Jow Forumsacks can share their own writing, which won't be completely fucked up by retards.

The site idea:
>It's gonna be a wiki
>Anyone can submit short stories which are voted on by the community
>If they get enough votes, they are sent to the main page of the wiki, and if they go into the negatives, they are sent to some archive or deleted.
>The stories are split into genres like SciFi, Historical, Political, Humor, Post Apocalyptic, etc.
>All stories have a shared universe, but the genres are set at different times (Historic is in ancient times, SciFi is in the future, Post Apocalyptic is even further into the future, Political can be anywhere, etc.) You can choose in which time period your story takes place.

This is not rock solid, I made this thread so that we can develop the idea further. The current goal is to think of a good name. I can make the logo and the site.

Attached: Untitled-1.jpg (686x500, 84K)

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/cyantreuse/status/1007466830204751872
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Personal_wiki
sexycontainmentprocedures.tumblr.com/post/174897974712/reminder-to-the-scp-fandom
twitter.com/cyantreuse
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Bump
What's the connecting theme?

It is literally just the SCP but not cucked

Are we gonna get /x/ on board with it?

In the future men have lost everything.

Women have become the dominate race on earth due to cuckery and yas queens

Due to women being inferior men have to dress up as sissys and infiltrate society

THE FUTURE IS TRAPS
A

Bump.
I already have an idea for a post-apocalyptic story.
Please make the wiki happen.

>which are voted on by the community
I le regret that I have le only one upboat to give you. Zozzle!

Attached: 1517787231342.jpg (720x542, 63K)

Also I kind-of agree with this.
I think mods sniffing out the bullshit and deleting it is more efficient.
The upvote/downvote system might as well transform the wiki into plebbit if it becomes popular.

The connected world?

Well I was working on one when I was writing short stories, so I guess that could be it.

>Beginning of the universe > 30,000BC : Some alien shit, i dunno
> 30,000BC > 6,000BC : Finnish Empire, Neanderthals, Korean Empire, Atlantis, and other /his/ memes from the period
> 6,000BC to modern period : Basically unchanged
>2070AD to 20100AD : Great war
> 2100AD to 2500AD : Scifi period. Communism achieved. One world government. World peace and equality. Everyone has food because of genetically engineered insects, and everyone has a job. The problem is that it is mind numbingly boring, so some people run into uncontrolled zones and join into factions like the fascists, romans, monarchists, etc.
> 2500AD to 2550AD > Second great war. Series of small wars and skirmishes where communist government loses power to nationalists and others. Earth splits into nation states once again.
>2550AD to 3000AD : Various themes, from fascist states, to kingdoms, to empires, to nomad tribes, etc.
>3000AD > Start of apocalypse and post apocalyptic shit, don't know what happens.

Kinda, but instead of SCPs formulaic stories, this one will contain everything from short stories to poems to formulaic shit from SCP

We need a name first

We will work out the system lol

Ok, that does sound better. Democracy is fucking stupid. I don't want it to become the reddit of writing. We will have to find some good mods, though.

Also someone suggest a name

Will you make the website after we determine the details?

Reich Publications or Jow Forums publications

Yeah, i'm thinking Wikidot, but later we can migrate it to some independent server or something, i dunno

I do webdev but not enough as to make a fully functioning social media site about storywriting, so a wiki is better

As a /lit/fag I like this idea. What does SCP stand for?

Attached: 1519724569580.jpg (470x519, 87K)

Needs to be a bit more normie friendly, and I don't want it to be exclusively Jow Forums, just a site with good writing not ruined by leftist ideas like most contemporary art.

Secure contain protect. But this will be a new site, completely different.

Mods removing content isn't ideal either (see Plebbit yet again), but I think relying for votes is dangerous insofar as it'll just promote circlejerk behavior the moment a monolithic group moves in. Maybe instead of mods removing content, there can be mods (or judges or whatever you want to call them) reading through the content and selecting the best of it to get featured. That way the worst that can happen by someone getting fucked by the system is not getting featured.

>inb4 thats not a perfect system either

I know it's not. The truth is I don't know what would work best, but I do know that upvotes and downvotes are a terrible system that reduces any community into the cesspool that is Reddit.

Nah, it has to be something that /x/ can join and that won't go down the 8/pol/s road of thought policing. Also /x/ already made an scp clone website about an organization from nazi Germany.

>completely different
Well it will be build on ashes of SCP whether we like it or not, so it's impossible for it to be completely different, some similarities will be unavoidable

Ok, so let's lay out the problems for each system

Democratic voting:
>SJWs can raid the site and downvote anything they dislike, turning the site into a hellhole.
>Users can downvote anything they dislike even if it is really good writing, like what happens at plebbit
>People will write to please the majority instead of writing to express themselves

Dictatoship of the mods:
>If we mod someone retarded they can nuke the site
>The mods might do something retarded (Like they did at the SCP foundation)

Maybe we should have a class separate from users and mods (Like the senate in Rome). They are picked by the mods, approved by the users, and they vote on whether to remove stories or to put them on the front page.

It will be similar in that it will have various stories to read, but I'd like to avoid the formulaic nature of the SCP site.

I got one idea.
You can have scp but as a "shop" to buy cursed items and artifacts. Obviously, you can have them set to out of stock so no one will actually buy an item that doesn't exists.

A wiki can be added to the side, so the "products" can be voted or just chosen to be on the product page.

The "shop" can be made like a deepweb style website. Like a throw back from the 90's.

For the lore of the shop I was thinking the owner had inherited the online business, the shop itself is cursed and can be only brought to lift the curse. It could be a product itself. so when people try and buy it glitches out. So the owner is stuck with it.

Council of trusted people that are specially chosen and known by the founders (talk on discord and get to know each other) and so there is an inside community of mods that all know each other and know who is who etc.

Community can weigh in on certain occasions

>Like a throw back from the 90's.
nah. A throwback to mid 00s and the early internet would be better because it resonates with people more

You do have a point. A Lot more people was starting to use the internet at that time.

So you want Jow Forums users to expose their IP address by making them submit something in another site.
jewish PSYOPS GUYS

twitter.com/cyantreuse/status/1007466830204751872
fuck scp

Attached: unknown.png (512x199, 31K)

I think that the best system would be for mods to approve what stories get included in the main series and the rest gets put in another series where users can comment and convince mods to include the story in the main series if they believe story is worth it but did not get approved by mods.

That's wayy off from the idea of the site, and too formulaic. Sounds like a cool idea for a different site, tho. Maybe a complementary one

How about something based on the roman republic?

Until the site gets lots of users, the Admins pick and choose featured articles. Since there will only be a few stories, we only need a few trusted admins to sift through them.
Then, when there is lots of users and lots of stories, we pick some distinguished users, and ask the users what they think of them. If the users agree that they are cool and good, they are given special status (Senators or something).
Then we make a discord chat that contains the admins and the distinguished user, plus two transparency officers. They are chosen by the users. If anything retarded is going on in the discord, they will tell the users.

Wait a sec, ill make a diagram

Just use a proxy or something

Also i AM STILL LOOKING FOR A COOL NAME

>silence, careful predator
>sorrow of coming protectors
>sorry, can't play
>scrapped progress of personality

I believe that special statuses other than owner, mods, and regular users will lead to circlejerks forming and everything will go down scp wiki path

How about we elect new senators every week or month so they don't get corrupted by power or something?

And the SCP wiki has only users and mods

This sounds similar to marshall carter and dark, a group that exists within scp lore.

Yeah, it was just an idea, I do like it. I'll but it on the back burner for now.

>STILL LOOKING FOR A COOL NAME
Templegate.
Labyrinth corp.
Tempest

Your going to have to make the mods 14types, since these people are immune to sjw'ism.
Don't risk modding weak people who will make the same mistakes which SCP made.

Attached: girl 14 words.jpg (720x880, 57K)

ARC
Anomalous Research & Containment

are we directly copying stuff from the SCP Wiki since I don't think they can hold copyright on stuff like 173 since it came from Jow Forums first of all

name of this actually sounds p good

Attached: upvote-gif-6.gif (550x310, 670K)

So hows everyrting coming along fellow scpers?
Remember to sm4sh th3 f4sh!!!

Attached: 1529153319660.png (1280x1738, 1.93M)