Just finished listening to hardcore history on WW1

> Just finished listening to hardcore history on WW1
> Want to be BEF soldier
> Want to drink tea with my fellow chaps in the trenches of the Somme
> Want to heroically rescue comrades from no mans land
> Want to mow down germans with my maxim gun
> Probably wouldn't have survived, but at least I would have lived
> tfw I will never know the camaraderie and true brotherhood that can only be experienced when fighting a just war against a true enemy.
> tfw I will never make the ultimate sacrifice for god and country. I can barely pay my taxes

Attached: 3b567e82ef9da756f5d4deb55740c4af--la-somme-battle-of-the-somme.jpg (736x749, 112K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hartmannswillerkopf
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

The British army was a meme in WW1
France and Russia did most of the work
Hell, even America did more than Brits at the end

Attached: 1504686409756.png (847x440, 201K)

Stop making excuses and join the Fuckin Marines

Attached: fd.jpg (593x800, 139K)

Mate youre probably so fat you would block the trench and get everyone killed in the process.

I have too many tattoos and drug offences

>ywn go to sleep and wake up in the hey day of the british empire
>ywn get on a boat and go to india with the lads and help put down rebellions
>ywn shag dotheads by the boatload then go back to england and marry the qt virgin from your village who will make a good mother for your seven children
>ywn cycle through the streets of london and know that at this very moment you are at the centre of the civilised world and experiencing the pinnacle of human achievement
>ywn get shipped off to bongo bongo land and write back to your wife and kids about how you are helping paint the map of Africa a beautiful British red
>ywn be an old man with your grandchildren on your lap telling them about how you helped civilise the world

Attached: 481.jpg (141x250, 8K)

#trench foot

France and russia do most of the work, in France and Russia

GEE I WONDER WHY

Attached: bigger.jpg (550x313, 78K)

France was a meme during WW1. Realistically all they had to do was defend, and there was a massive defender advantage during WW1, or they could have just accepted the white peace offer from Germany. Instead they did human wave assaults over and over for 4 fucking years. Accumulating in hundreds of thousands of deaths per year. All just to put pressure on Germany so they wouldn't completely destroy Russia and to stall long enough to get the Americans into the war. I guess it all worked out in the end even though they almost lost in the initial months of the war only to be saved by the British. They got what they deserved in WW2. Being defeated in 6 weeks and all.

You also ignore the fact that the British mostly fought in the middle east. I could make a silly graph that shows amount of territory occupied by the British in the ME theater, and say "look how much of a meme the French were" But what use is there in being that dishonest.

When you see trenches with your own eyes whatever romanticism you might attach to WW1 goes away

>muttoid wants to kill Aryans
Hundred years later, nothings changed

>Realistically all they had to do was defend, and there was a massive defender advantage during WW1
The French were actually on the offensive for most of the war (to regain the territory they had lost in the first months)
But yeah, pretty much everyone other than Germany and America was a meme in this war

>I guess it all worked out in the end even though they almost lost in the initial months of the war only to be saved by the British.
That's a meme tho
The BEF only became relevant in 1916
Brits were literally insignificant at the Marne

>They got what they deserved in WW2. Being defeated in 6 weeks and all.
True
France's display in WW2 was truly pathetic, and probably the most shameful in military history (aside from Prussia's defeat in 1806 maybe)
That being said, you have to remember that the pathetic British army got defeated in the "battle" too
Britain is WW2's third most pathetic nation after France and Italy

>You also ignore the fact that the British mostly fought in the middle east. I could make a silly graph that shows amount of territory occupied by the British in the ME theater, and say "look how much of a meme the French were"
That theater was like the least relevant one
France was also leading on the Balkan theater while carrying the Western front

Whats the best one to visit?

Lmao this

I can't judge because I haven't visited others, but I live close to this place: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hartmannswillerkopf
If you like to mix history and hiking it's 10/10, the area is beautiful and in places the trenches are decently preserved and will unironically make you think

>wanting to be a British soldier

Attached: 1526213652000.jpg (281x531, 119K)

Fuck off you >tfw faggot

WW1 was literally hell on earth. You disgust me. Your feet would rot because of your water filled boots. You would be nibbled on by rats at night. You could die from mustard gas at any moment, including your own if the wind turned (this happened a lot). There is absolutely nothing glorious about trench warfare. Running for 20 meters of land whilst seeing all your friends be mowed down by machine gun fire. Stop glorifying this shit, it's really unhealthy mentally.

Attached: 9327531651.jpg (1916x1604, 215K)

We need this again.

Saw a place where they were digging forward to try to close the gap between the lines. Imagine crawling in the mud at night with a shovel, slowly digging around and under you while getting shot at. And if you're still alive when you're done with that shit you get to go sleep in a hole dug along another hole, filled with 20cm of water

We're not hosting this time

Could have joined the Army faggot

I wanna be German emperor instead of Willy and prevent this madness from happening in the first place

Attached: 1528646789709.jpg (2051x3004, 1.51M)