Let's Amend the Constitution! (Enforced Fiscal Responsibility)

petition2congress.com/ctas/petition-to-amend-constitution-to-set-limits-on-income-tax-incurrence-debt-commerce-clause-us

Attached: dance.gif (200x200, 167K)

Other urls found in this thread:

edward.fish/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/Amendment-Booklet.pdf
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

FISCAL RESPONSIBILITY AMENDMENT

Section I
The power of Congress to regulate the value of money is hereby rescinded; the unit of money of the United States is the Dollar.

Section II
The value of the Dollar shall be one fifteen-hundredth avoirdupois ounce of gold of which impurities do not exceed one part per thousand.

Section III
To guard against Congress using its authority over weights and measures to bypass Section I, the ounce in Section II is approximately 28.3495 grams (SI).

Section IV
The Secretary of the Treasury shall annually report the gold physically in its possession; this report shall be publicly available. Any five states may commission a third party audit to confirm this report at their own expense.

Section V
The power of the Congress to assume debt is hereby restricted: the congress shall assume no debt that shall cause the total obligations of the United States to exceed one hundred ten percent of the amount last reported by the Secretary of the Treasury.

Section VI
Any government agent, officer, judge, justice, employee, representative, or congressman causing gold, money, or real estate to be confiscated from a citizen shall be tried for theft and upon conviction shall:
a. be removed from office (and fired, if an employee),
b. forfeit all pension and retirement benefits,
c. pay all legal costs, and
d. restore to the bereaved twice the amount in controversy.

Section VII
The federal government shall assume no obligation lacking funding, neither shall it lay such obligation on any of the several States, any subdivision thereof, or any place under the jurisdiction of the United States. All unfunded liabilities heretofore assumed by the United States are void.

Section VIII
The federal government shall make all payments to its employees or the several states in physical gold. Misappropriation, malfeasance and/or misfeasance of funds shall be considered confiscation and theft.

This would:
(a) Get rid of Social Security,
(b) Enforce spending within limits,
(c) End the Fed's control of the Dollar's value, and
(d) Prevent/invalidate all "unfunded liabilities".

War would not be possible. I'm in, though I've paid considerably into social security, and I'm not willing to chalk it up as a loss.

>I'm in, though I've paid considerably into social security, and I'm not willing to chalk it up as a loss.
I hear you, I've paid into it too. The second-biggest problem with it is that it's treated as a giant slush-fund. It's honestly conceivable to fix this, but it requires a degree of honesty and self-control that is most evidently in absence in our Congress.

Attached: dance-2.gif (406x449, 1.4M)

I give you a bump, even though I did not read your thread, and request sauce on OP's gif

Thank you; I'm not sure, I got it from Jow Forums five or six months ago... didn't get the source from that user though.

Reon Kadena.

You're welcome.

thanks

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 91K)

Thank you.

>War would not be possible. I'm in
>War would not be possible

War would be possible. The US defending itself in a war would not be possible.

>get lawmakers to sign something that restricts them even slightly

Attached: 1496210368650.png (680x680, 430K)

It's never going to happen, but I love the idea of it anyway.

>Section VIII
>The federal government shall make all payments to its employees or the several states in physical gold. Misappropriation, malfeasance and/or misfeasance of funds shall be considered confiscation and theft.
these clauses always sound fun but they're never in any actual law. And im my opinion are the hallmark of an insincere effort.

WHY ISN'T THIS ALREADY AN AMENDMENT!?

Attached: 1518239469933-pol.jpg (884x666, 84K)

>It's never going to happen, but I love the idea of it anyway.
Then sign it. It's part of a multistage plan.
(a) Get it enough to be mentioned in Congress.
(b) It gets shot down, of course.
(c) Popularize it with memes.
(d) When the Convention of States is convened for an Article V amendment process, it's already on people's minds.
(e) Pass it without Congress.

>these clauses always sound fun but they're never in any actual law.
The Constitution *IS* law, the supreme law of the land. It's not written in "legalese" which must be interpreted to us by a bunch of priests, but in common [though now dated in some parts] English.

> And im my opinion are the hallmark of an insincere effort.
I don't know, it looks like the author put a lot of thought into these: edward.fish/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/Amendment-Booklet.pdf

Attached: America's Burgers, Dogs, and Guns!.gif (600x304, 263K)

>WHY ISN'T THIS ALREADY AN AMENDMENT!?
Because few people are pushing for it?
I'm trying to get more support for it, but as you can see only 15 messages have been sent off as of now.

I'm very much against the corruption and unrestrained lawlessness that we currently see in government, and see this as a way to cut a huge chunk out.

Bump.

Attached: americans.jpg (1440x1343, 327K)

Attached: Trans-Napoleon.png (983x537, 102K)