Why is Musk so hellbent on colonizing Mars?

Why is Musk so hellbent on colonizing Mars?
Is it because he knows he's going to make massive amounts of money through mining,is it for fame or simply because our tech is so bad that a desert planet is the only thing we can ever hope of colonizing?

Attached: Elan Muskerton.png (960x369, 99K)

he wants to be remembered in history.. joke's on him though. No matter what a person accomplishes it will be forgotten in enough time.

It's because Earth is dieing, and the mega rich are trying to escape, leaving us to suffer once more from their greed

white peepo no longer welcome on earth, southern peepos turning the north into the third world, this is our exit strategy. PAYCE OUT shitskins!

The “Mars colonizing” stuff is pure marketing. It is not real. Musk just loves to be in the twittersphere and press.

No niggers or jews on mars. Colonize mars then become principality of zeon and cleanse earth in a few centuries later.

>Why is Musk so hellbent on colonizing Mars?
He's autistic as fuck and has the resources to focus on something other than constantly making "I deserve $15 an hour" threads on Jow Forums.

Attached: boner.png (717x385, 570K)

He's an autistic idealist, there's no secret or economic motive, he simply wants to accomplish his dream.

All of those.

Mars is a meme and totally beyond our reach. The tech will need to be tested on the moon first. That will take another 20 years. Maybe then Mars is up on the menu. It would be suicide to try it now.

A pure soul

His work heralds the arrival of a new age

Attached: New Muskonia II-IV.jpg (1280x720, 223K)

Who knows, maybe we'll get to live on Mars before the end of our lives

Attached: Muskopolis,capital of the Muskonian Martian Empire.jpg (550x289, 20K)

He's a forward thinker. Religion will severely overpopulate this planet. It's already overpopulated, but religion will drive the population to the point of literally competing for food and water in every region of the world. Humans will need to expand their habitat eventually. In addition, we treat this planet like shit, so the population it'll be able to support will be even lower than it could with good management. Also, insurmountable odds drives the technology to overcome them. Space travel, war and unrestrained greed are the three biggest drivers of innovation, and space travel has produced some of the most common useful technologies because they're not strictly limited to secrecy, as is the problem with military and corporate secrets.

>The tech will need to be tested on the moon first.
Says who? Both are equally treacherous and full of dangers that are so far from Earth that there's no safety benefit in operating on the moon first. Additionally, Mars is more likely to have resources. The moon is largely just rock.

All of humanity being in the same place makes us vulnerable to an extinction-level event. One stray rock or some niggerebolaaids pandemic could wipe us out. Forever. Colonies on other planets gives us a save-file to fall back on. Leaving the solar system is the eventual goal once we unlock FTL travel.

Time traveler

Attached: Elon_Space_Nigger.jpg (856x1216, 515K)

TO ESCAPE FROM THE JEWS

Rescue mission in case of an emergency will take 3 days instead of 6-9 months. The moon has resources too. Mars is way more interesting, yeah, but I'd rather have 100% reliable tech when we're trying to conquer it for mankind.

>our tech is so bad that a desert planet is the only thing we can ever hope of colonizing?
exactly. this is our first step, the first test, the first run for collecting and targeting the knowledge we have at the moment to achieve something *literally* out of this world. then we make super fast rockets and fly into sky, searching for alien memes

Basedboys love their space fantasy shlock. He's going to be rolling in onions money until the unthinkable happens and (shock) for "some reason" it turns out Mars is unattainable.

(See: Elizabeth Holmes for the female version of this story.)

Rockets with fossil fuels is never going to be enough
Where's Korloev when you need him? Damn drunk

>being the first human to put his entire species out of reach of global extinction

The man is playing the long game.

Because he wants to go back home.
Does Elon Musk sound like an Earth name to you, baka?

>Rescue mission in case of an emergency will take 3 days instead of 6-9 months.
Currently. That will change. If a moon rescue emergency happens, it's unlikely that 3 days will be an adequate response time by about 71 hours and 59 minutes anyway.

We've become so accustomed to accepting design failure due to time constraints, cutting costs and manufacturing problems from the same that we sometimes fail to accept that things which are properly engineered are less likely to fail. Space travel/exploration has given us some of the most reliable devices in history. In the case of a natural disaster, like a meteor, no amount of engineering perfection will matter, regardless of which we colonize first.

ancient tech and artifacts from bygone eras of technological apogee await

Attached: 1524771913089.png (1317x592, 705K)

you're going to find out what white men have been up to

Attached: 1448524605212.jpg (721x784, 264K)

Jesus christ

>because our tech is so bad that a desert planet is the only thing we can ever hope of colonizing?
Planets in the solar system are complete garbage or outright gas planets.

The nearest star system is 4,23 light years away.
We're not colonizing anything, anywhere, anytime soon. Sorry, Disneyland Mars won't happen in your lifetime

This

Hitler will be remembered the longest.

Haha! He won't be forgotten as long as Jews exist. Ironic, no? Because of the people who hate him most, Adolf Hitler's name and legacy is set in stone for untold generations to learn about.

Hey everyone, why are we trying to further science and actual progress?

That effort should be spent making sure everyone is (((progressive)))

>won't happen in your lifetime
That's the difference between the dreamers and the naysayers; the dreamers will ensure that future generations will see it. The naysayers give up before they try.

Rescue mission is impossible to get to the moon in 3 days but you can get back to Earth in that time if something goes wrong like Apollo13 did

Attached: 1529171882991.jpg (535x379, 13K)

unless you cross the jews like hitler and jesus, and you will be remembered for eternity

>It's already overpopulated,
let me correct you ledditor fagot:
shitholes are severely overpopulated.
developed countries need to reproduce MORE

My hypothesis - There is cocaine there

Attached: coke.jpg (300x168, 8K)

Because he's descended from colonizers. He wants to start building colonies that our descendants can move even further out until we go beyond our own solar system. It's probably why so many of European descent find the idea of participating in the colonization very intriguing.

So, sihit about earth magnetic field protecting us from cosmic ray is bulshit. No atmosphere is bulshit. Low gravity is bulshit. Absolutely bulsiht is try to firstly build functional habitat on moon. Why bother with cheaper shit when you can milk more money from idiots by selling them lifestyle on Mars.

ah. EU flag. of course. "It WONT happen" "it CANT happen"

alright fuckwit. If you aren't gonna help, Stand the fuck aside and stay outta our way.

Shut up Akhmed. 20 years before landing on the moon, we couldn’t even go to space. Huge leaps are possible. We’re 50 years past first moon landing...

i like this theory. you got to have it in you to make this type of things. nobody does it because its "reasonable"

Your ignorance boner is showing.
The goal isn't maximum density. The goal is harmony with the planet and every other living thing on it to perpetuate the conditions that exist today, which are allowing us to survive. Most of society is unnecessary.

Who?

Attached: 1527000359630.jpg (500x728, 53K)

ea anu and enlil

Attached: 1529343316766.jpg (2100x1470, 1.51M)

In a perfect world, you couldn't throw a rock and hit your closest neighbor.

Very simple, according to him, humanity has two long-term options:
1. Become a multiplanetary civilization and live forever.
Or 2. Eventually, die out on earth.

He prefers option 1. Therefore, we need to learn how to colonize other planets, Mars is the test subject because it's most earthlike in our solar system, the goal is, to set up a completely self-supporting civilization on Mars.
In the (far) future, we probably send probes to other solar systems, to colonize those.

Attached: Elon looks at (((Facebook))) satellite getting blown up.png (1920x1080, 1.93M)

>he's going to make massive amounts of money through mining
Elon won't live long enough to see mining on Mars.

it get away from the niggers

He seems to be a smart man, i'm sure he has read the Sumerian tablets. Much old tech is buried on Mars, some venerated xenos corpses too, best local destination for the human race if it wants to uncover more truth with little effort.

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 11K)

Why wouldn't we send them to Mars instead? They got used living in a desert anyway

Mutts actually believe a private company will throw money on a mars trip which will bring no money in return

Just wait for Musk to postpone his Mars bullshit... again.

Attached: Smile.jpg (600x600, 94K)

cringe.webm

You have to start somewhere. It would be better to focus efforts on colonizing Mars so that we could expand faster then it would be to go for a very very distant planet. We have to take babysteps.
The only way humans will ever colonize a planet past our solar system is if we have the technology and know how to colonize hostile environments to make them thrive.
A ship in the 1800's couldn't just sail to China, they had to make multiple stops at African bases. I imagine mars will be the first in hopefully many to come within the coming 10k years.

Space is fake and Taylor Swift is a man.

Attached: 0420-taylor-swift-getty-4.jpg (728x567, 35K)

>White people colonizing mars
This is not a space war user, it's a race war.
If the first human being is white, we won the race war

>private company
Has a private owner. It's not the will of investors. It's the will of one man. Fortunes have been squandered and lost on far less interesting ventures.

>TFW you trying not to dwell on the fact that all things on this earth are nothing but an illusion, produced by your brain, that everything alive is designed to die and that nothing, not even humanity can avoid the inescapable heat death of the universe.

Attached: XS877cI.jpg (698x739, 66K)

problem is they will send a POCrap just for the diversity quota.

I will cut you

Attached: tay tay.jpg (2250x1500, 2.41M)

The impermanence of everything is truly astounding if you really think about it.

YOU TAKE THAT BACK ! Sir Musk just invented the tube system and saved the world !

If taytay is a man why she make my peepee hard?

There's no minorities.

Uhhm... Obama?

You're a homosexual.

Having billions and a succesful tech company doesn't mean you're not an autistic delusional retard

Musk is never going to mars
Man is never going to mars
And even if we could, it would be fucking useless

Attached: 1526846613935.png (128x303, 53K)

>Man is never going to mars
It's likely that long-term habitation won't happen, but we'll land there at least some day.

see

with what fuel? and what electronics?
tick
tock

He's got a messianic complex, but all the big problems on Earth require naming the jew to solve ... he tries to flee instead.

What game is this?

because earth is being zerged

It's only fair, Hitler saved the jews from communism after all.

It's because he needs to come up with more and more outlandish shit to keep the investor interest in his latest failed business up and the supply of cash to burn through in personal emouluments going

>Because he wants to blast a rocket towards a blinking light in the sky

No its so he can show us that its all bullshit, earth is flat once you research it you cant go back I'm sorry

Do you think everything has to happen within a certain timeframe? You said "never", not "never this year." We could make it there with what we have now, but it'd be clumsy. Future technology could make it easier. You can probably correctly say that we will never defy death, but never going to Mars is as idiotic a statement as I've ever seen - until you posted the one I'm replying to now.

In a few hundred years we'll forget the details and see him like Caesar or Napoleon. Hell, in a few thousand he might be seen as Hitler the Great, conqueror of the old world.

So that he can make billions of more dollars off the governments tit

Looks at flag. Reads pathetic surrender note. Yup, adds up.

"There is not the slightest indication that nuclear energy will ever be obtainable. It would mean that the atom would have to be shattered at will." - Albert Einstein, 1932

"This 'telephone' has too many shortcomings to be seriously considered as a means of communication. The device is inherently of no value to us." - Western Union internal memo, 1876

"Rail travel at high speed is not possible because passengers, unable to breathe, would die of asphyxia." - Dr. Dionysius Lardner, 1830

"I think there is a world market for maybe five computers." - Thomas Watson, chairman of IBM, 1943

"X-rays will prove to be a hoax." - Lord Kelvin, President of the Royal Society, 1883

"Everyone acquainted with the subject will recognize it as a conspicuous failure." - -Henry Morton, president of the Stevens Institute of Technology, on Edison's light bulb, 1880

The horse is here to stay but the automobile is only a novelty—a fad." - -The president of the Michigan Savings Bank advising Henry Ford's lawyer not to invest in the Ford Motor Co., 1903

>saved the jews from communism
I think the fact that communism fails saved the jews from communism.

We went to the moon with less.

He has to keep hyping his bullshit money losing schemes so that those sweet sweet investor dollars keep pouring into his sticky pockets.

SHIT IS FLAT SENPAI LMAO

Attached: 185440d1424033149-my-journal-3-crepuscular1606_650x488.jpg (400x300, 27K)

>Hitler the Great, conqueror of the old world.
Hahaha, but he didn't conquer shit. "Conquer" implies keeping it. All he did is destroy Europe and scapegoat the dirty jews for the shortcomings of the previous rulers.

"Television won't last because people will soon get tired of staring at a plywood box every night." - -Darryl Zanuck, movie producer, 20th Century Fox, 1946

"No one will pay good money to get from Berlin to Potsdam in one hour when he can ride his horse there in one day for free." - King William I of Prussia, on trains, 1864

"There is no reason for any individual to have a computer in his home." - -Ken Olson, president, chairman and founder of Digital Equipment Corporation (DEC), in a talk given to a 1977 World Future Society meeting in Boston

"The wireless music box has no imaginable commercial value. Who would pay for a message sent to no one in particular?" - -Associates of David Sarnoff responding to the latter's call for investment in the radio in 1921

"There will never be a bigger plane built." - - A Boeing engineer, after the first flight of the 247, a twin engine plane that holds ten people

"How, sir, would you make a ship sail against the wind and currents by lighting a bonfire under her deck? I pray you, excuse me, I have not the time to listen to such nonsense.” — Napoleon Bonaparte, when told of Robert Fulton’s steamboat, 1800s

“The idea that cavalry will be replaced by these iron coaches is absurd. It is little short of treasonous.” — Comment of Aide-de-camp to Field Marshal Haig, at tank demonstration, 1916

"I must confess that my imagination refuses to see any sort of submarine doing anything but suffocating its crew and floundering at sea.” — HG Wells, British novelist, in 1901

“The Americans have need of the telephone, but we do not. We have plenty of messenger boys.” — Sir William Preece, Chief Engineer, British Post Office, 1878

“When the Paris Exhibition [of 1878] closes, electric light will close with it and no more will be heard of it.” - Oxford professor Erasmus Wilson

A rocket will never be able to leave the Earth’s atmosphere.” — New York Times, 1936

People who give up before they try make me ashamed to be part of the same species.

I personally hope he does, we must expand

Why is this so hard for brainlets to understand? Given unlimited funding, I sure as fuck wouldn't be trying to do the same shit everyone else is doing.

He wants to go to moon and blow up Earth

>l throw money on a mars trip which will bring no money in return
First person there owns the entire planet; why would you not take that gamble?

Inderasding

Mars is the ideal point to launch asteroid mining missions off of. The person who can create a self sustaining colony on Mars will become the fist trillionaire.

>a tiny ape
>'owning' a planet
pick one you ego inflated fool

>mars is god of war

hmmmmm, he wants jews dead

fuck off cia/fbi/tech administrator niggers

Actually, the first one there owns it unless they can't defend it, and someone else wants it. Some government will take it from any private citizen, guaranteed. They'll just let the private citizen work out the details first.

Tough luck for humanity as we are going to be up to our eyeballs in Africans and Beaners by the end of the century. So, Elon, let's get on with it. We all know what needs to be done here.

Expand the species, get money, become famous, and fulfill his true South African programming: one planet for the Boer and one for the keffers.