So, say humanity has a self sustaining colony on another planet? Who are these people, in terms of citizenship...

So, say humanity has a self sustaining colony on another planet? Who are these people, in terms of citizenship? Are they their own nations, outside our law?

What happens if Jupiter's Moons and Saturn's moons get into a disagreement? Is the UN interplanetary?

What about trade and the economy, how does that work then?

Attached: 052517_AY_jupiter_main_FREE.jpg (860x460, 61K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Superfluid_vacuum_theory
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Luminiferous_aether
youtube.com/watch?v=keJAQIWEyzY
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Planets, Stars the sun and the moon are LUMINARIES not floating rocks in space.

bio-luminescence celestial bodies

so space IS a superfluid then like I've been theorizing recently?

>superfluid

Yes, it’s called the ether.

Stop daydreaming nerd, humanity will never leave this planet.

>but muh ISS muh moon landings

If you believe that shit you’re dumber than the round earthers

The first real power in space holds the ultimate gun to Earth's head.

They can drop rocks or rods with impunity. Total authority.

Holy shit, thank you! I've been looking for the correct keywords so that I can delve further down this line of research.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Superfluid_vacuum_theory
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Luminiferous_aether

the universe is electric:
The SAFIRE Project 2017 - 2018 Update
youtube.com/watch?v=keJAQIWEyzY
and electron charges can flow through plasma.
This is why the galaxy doesn't spin away because even with a super massive black hole at the center of our milky way it isn't strong enough to hold everything together

>This is why the galaxy doesn't spin away because even with a super massive black hole at the center of our milky way it isn't strong enough to hold everything together
I've read that before a few times. I wonder how they calculate it. Also, who's to say we aren't currently flinging the outer celestial bodies outward? We can't see dark objects that far away. We can only see stars, and not even all of them.

Could Saturn and the rest of the Planets be Planets in this dimension but something entirely different if we had greater ability to perceive them beyond this material world? That shit makes me think.

I'm gonna say probably not, but it's great science fiction.

I wonder what a cooled-off star would be like to walk on.

Why does the universe have to be only 13 billion years old? What if the background radiation is something else?

Stars are not physical bodies. We've covered that earlier in this thread. Your reddit spacing indicates you're a kike though.

this is all covered in campaign mode for Starcraft
I suggest you check it out

You faggots always assume a sensibly organized post is reddit spacing. Your whining about reddit spacing indicates you're a twat.

Nah, you jews are just frustrated that simple things give away your true intentions.

>phonepost.jpg
>shitty memes
>reddit spacing
>all around faggotry

Whatever. I was here before you and I'll be here after you're gone.

>So, say humanity has a self sustaining colony on another planet? Who are these people, in terms of citizenship? Are they their own nations, outside our law?
If they're a colony like you say then they're citizens of the mother country and the laws they follow are mostly the same.

If they're just space squatters and would be kings, anything goes so long as they can enforce it.
>What happens if Jupiter's Moons and Saturn's moons get into a disagreement?
depends
> Is the UN interplanetary?
no, they're not set up to handle any of the long term consequences of this. If its just small colonies and all the real action is in nations back home its the same but there's no point in a UN when dealing with another planet with its own plethora of countries and possibly its own UN.
>What about trade and the economy, how does that work then?
pic related

Attached: spacejew.jpg (260x194, 8K)

>Is the UN interplanetary?
The UN doesn't matter now, why would it matter on an interplanetary scale?
>Planets, Stars the sun and the moon are LUMINARIES not floating rocks in space.
What the fuck?
>bio-luminescence celestial bodies
No, seriously, what in the fuck?

Attached: 1515503751044.webm (1008x564, 1.01M)

What about their children's children?

Much like children leaving their homes to study or work far away from family, they call their parents (people on earth) from time to time to stay updated

Newer generations born on colonised planets will wish to have as minimum contact as possible with Earth, going their own way and becoming their own nation

go read a history book and I bet you'll figure it out

There's a lot of unforeseeable practical considerations.

If the colony is sufficiently "close" there's no reason it can't go on indefinitely as either an actual colony or something like what Canada, the US and Australia are to the UK where the government is independent but the culture is basically the same, and there's lots of cooperation.

My sense is though that the scale of interplanetary travel and communication will never be even close to current levels of planetary connectedness. Even if it were technically possible to keep tabs on a colony on another planet it would probably be so ludicrously expensive they'd have to be mining literal space cocaine to make it even remotely worth while.

Assuming there's not some sort of Frank Herbertian spice out there, and there's no radical change in technology ala warp barrier from the star trek, anything beyond your own planet would just be pretty much lost to you.

Much more likely scenario is that people only change planets when they have too, i.e. current planet is dying or something, and they're only coming a new planet to invade it and make it home, not to add it to the empire.

Space empires seem pretty fucking unrealistic.

>What happens if Jupiter's Moons and Saturn's moons get into a disagreement?
Star Wars

>Who are these people, in terms of citizenship?
Delusional?

Attached: 895C2D0D-6290-4F8B-8485-734CBFD157D0.jpg (640x640, 106K)

hmmm, lo
just look at the history of colonial times.

The colony will only remain a colony as long as it needs resources and has dependence on the "mother country"
as soon as it within any interest and ability of the colony to act on its own accord it will defect

You should watch the sci fi show "the expanse"

Somebody needs to watch more Isaac Arthur. You should be asking whether or not the colony would even still have membership as humans after diverging from humanity offworld for eons with their own mutations and gene-editing preferences and how to interact with them at a future date if we separated long enough to become two or more species. Do we use technology to bridge the gap and re-assimilate/breed with them no matter how bizarre they might have become?

Attached: 8C96735B-E45C-441B-8390-C6F00D87ABB8.gif (480x405, 891K)

I mean on different planets in THIS solar system.

Issac Arthur has great stuff.

Assuming we had much faster travel to and fro, at that close of range the value of trade would probably define all interactions between Earth and it’s colonies. It’s important to not the unfair advantage that Earth based establishments over anycolonies that were dependent on materials and finished goods from earth to survive or expand. Corporate interests with state support as with China would probably have an edge. Beyond that a new regulation and supply structure involving numerous agreements between involved parties would no doubt become the main authority. If an existing governing body were to take the role of “space government” it would no doubt have to form an entirely new branch specialized for that field of operations.

Attached: 53761C90-2101-4C4B-866A-2272F7A0E3AC.jpg (736x684, 32K)

Mars?
Ether/Aether ( but it got renamed to Dark Matter by the Jews... )

Attached: 213784382934.png (505x332, 153K)

>they can drop rock or rod
That's not how orbital mechanics work

Fuck off Flatard

the space kikes have open borders