Explain the psychology underpinning this expression

Is it the result of a crisis in masculinity? Or is it more closely correlated with the consumption of certain plant-based proteins?

Attached: soy mouth.jpg (900x900, 137K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=jlxX0phpEOY
twitter.com/AnonBabble

They're trying to come over as harmless as possible, it's a submissive expression that says 'please don't hurt me I'm not a threat to you, I'm weak look see', like a cowering dog, whimpering, wriggling on it's back, showing it's belly to the top dog, pathetically licking at the air like the little ass licking faggot it is.

Where women make kissy faces to the camera(later evolved into dick sucking faces), men feign excitement

Mens feigned excitement is now at the stage that women's kissy faces became "duck face"

>Or is it more closely correlated with the consumption of certain plant-based proteins?
I was going to comment on your low IQ. Then I saw your flag.

Now I'm duty-bound to do so. You have a low IQ.

At least the duck face was a misguided attempt to appear somewhat alluring. This is deliberately making yourself look retarded in the hope that some girl will give you a pity fuck.

Fake enthusiasm to mask the emptiness and utter boringness of their life.

Austin Evans is still better than basedboy (((TechSmartt)))

>basedboy
fucking mods

Butthurted Sòybóy detected

This.

>it huwts my tummy!

Attached: 1493331261338s.jpg (125x125, 3K)

I don't even think it's that, I think what they're trying to do is appear "fun" or approachable or some shit. Personally I'm sick of seeing it too, such a punchable expression.

I'm even seeing this shit on TV now, it's a fucking joke.

Actually that makes a lot of sense, this one's probably the right answer.

Just an effort to make themselves look as non-threatening as possible.

>Hurrrrrrrr

Attached: Hurrretard.jpg (640x1177, 43K)

It's a "silly" expression. If they just smile like a normal human being they risk being seen as "boring" or "too serious". They're children. They don't want responsibility or pressure or any level of seriousness.

probably but it's not even a gender Thing. Women who make such expressions on pictures are usually equally retarded and immature.

Probably it intends to say, Look at me, I'm a cool, funny, open, entertaing guy who doesn't take himself too serious

I was looking through old photos from 15+ years ago abd I was making that face ffs. Can you be a s-oyboy retroactively?

I have noticed one thing in common so far with the people I know that do this. They are exclusively console gamers and even get hostile over PC gaming

Also posts rants about how people who vote are dumb ever time there's an election

Spot on.
You can see it in their eyes. They are soulless and joyless.

There's a certain amount of pretentiousness in that face that makes it more punchable

narcissism.

It's a submissive expression.

Chimps do it, user explained this months ago.

yeah man, and i was, but i've been lifting for about 3 years and all those habits went away, i don't even smile now, i might laugh but those feminine mannerisms i had went away the more i lifted.. i started smoking cigars too, my manboobs shrunk a lot from that

This

it is insecurity and social ineptitude

they dont know how to smile naturally so they do an over exaggerated expression, because it is easier

>ENHANCE

Attached: 1529394161873s.jpg (1250x1250, 194K)

This should be included in Merriam Webster's dictionary as a definition of the soiboy face.

They're mimicking women, same logic behind becoming a tranny but not as advanced. Because in the back of their mind they recognize it's easier, though they would never admit it, even to themselves.

It is related to a culture of pretense.
They've learned to lie and have never known nor seen any different, genuinity confounds them.

it started with shitty jew TV promotional cast photos for comedy tv shows, because everyone is so quirky and talented

then bled over to shitty sitcoms

then Ellen at the Oscars selfie or something

then drama club faggots and ponyfag-tier cringe meetups

then pathetic lonely men who have no other frame of reference of how they should naturally present themselves in a photograph

then those same pathetic men started taking selfies

then the went on HRT and also retarded women and reddit picked up on it.

Stage 4 cancer.

Attached: D2A06A4C-9592-443C-9D8E-16E52A9DA471.jpg (320x240, 39K)

It's some kind of subconscious monkey brain expression of submission to other primates to not seem threatening or intimidating in any way.

>Projecting this hard.
Who said these mean things to you user?

Attached: 1527507882427.gif (200x147, 276K)

It's more cultural than plant based diet or food or water although that has something to do with it. Like women taking birth control and estrogen not getting filtered out and right back into drinking water and into streams and oceans including caffeine.
But really it's cultural. Strong men are so looked down upon. And what does a smart man do? Go with the culture when he has nothing else to stand for. Otherwise how else will be find a girl ? When all the girls seemingly think women should be stronk and men should be submissive ?
In another time and another culture , it was different. This is the new culture and anyone otherwise is just an outsider and appears more of a threat than anyone. But be who you are.
Plant based proteins were in high consumption in other parts of the world it still lead to strong men cultures.

boring people trying to look like they are having fun

Basically this.

Attached: frightened-the-soyboy-face-is-a-way-of-telling-to-29942793.png (500x858, 177K)

Will this meme pls die already? It's litterally just a fake excited smile.

I bet most of you ugly fucks look just as much like a šoyboy incel as these fuckers. I can see your söyboy tits right now. Sweaty and puffy.
None of you are Chad thats for sure.
Prove me wrong.

Attached: 1528319163149.jpg (298x610, 121K)

At the end of the day, we theorize on stupid shit we truly don't care about as a way of temporarily distracting us from the other red/black-pills floating around.
You seem to be getting a bit worked up about it. How many open-mouthed selfies have you taken?
It's okay to stop it.

That's basing you research on statistically negligible sample. You do realize that outside of US and retarded Canada, no other country even debates if masculinity is bad, let alone this gender nonsense.

Men like classic femininity and women women will always refer classic masculinity. Marlon Brando-s and James Deans will always be preferred over soiboys, no matter what the all 10 of them fat feminists that are leading the propaganda machine in he US are telling you.

99.99999 people don't buy into the "toxic masculinity" propaganda bullshit articles, but this fat feminist propaganda machine's job is to convince you that it's only you who's in fact backwards and that everyone else shares their opinion.

If only people knew the truth.

Attached: aeeac325cfb4a22a91462bff89120b05.jpg (564x849, 64K)

But Austin is based.

Im too old for selfies kiddo. It would emberass everyone in my family if i did that.

It's a face that girls make for selfies. I'm assuming they're just faggots.

>kiddo
Summer is here.

Ingesting enough seamen means you're not getting enough estrogen.

Attached: 1492711826964.jpg (368x380, 9K)

It's a fad.

It's a submissive pose, denotes that you are not a threat.

Not enough self esteem to even come across as honestly happy without the tinge of irony.

>It would emberass everyone in my family if i did that.
It would no matter your age, don't worry.

The numale fear grimace

They're imitating people they want to be, some other celebrity or person did this who they admire so therefore they will do it

to these creatures it is a reflexive expression, it is a sublimation of the desire to "prep the bull" with their open mouths before the bull goes on to have intercourse with the female

Attached: soyed up.jpg (750x488, 84K)

>they're just faking confidence...the eyes never lie.

This expression is a call for help.

If you cover the bottom half of his face and look at the expression the eyes make, it is one of wide eyed terror. There is a man trapped inside of the basedboy who is desperately trying to call for help, and is helpless to do anything about it. The eyes always show the truth. Look at any picture of this expression, and look at just the eyes and brow. It's haunting and unnerving that they ALL look so frightened and desperate for release from their onions encrusted prison.

hola soibois

Chimps have been known to do it as a way of displaying passiveness and submission.

This. And it makes them look less fat and conceals a weak chin.

>Fake enthusiasm
memes aside this is the answer, they are trying to look fun and whacky

fake excitement mimicking children

Attached: soy.jpg (614x355, 26K)

> I can see your söyboy tits right now. Sweaty and puffy.

Uh yeah

As alluded to above, submissiveness, desire to placate and appear non threatening, also similar to an expression made by very young babies (0 -12 months) when confronted with a pleasant surprise, in an adult male this is absolutely disturbing and indicative of mental illness.

they're trying to be like the over-animated TV shows they watched growing up

hold still

Attached: 2bixat.jpg (434x345, 46K)

Expressing excitement, this is how you do it.

Attached: 1341605986_tomcruise-350.jpg (350x441, 45K)

So᠌yboys trying to look happy yet they're dead inside

youtube.com/watch?v=jlxX0phpEOY

As if you lot are any better than they are.
As they say in the old country, "Rade ciob de oala sparta..."

> pic very related

Attached: zzzz.jpg (960x837, 127K)

It’s to get a reaction from even bigger idiots
Case in point and every post save mine underneath it

Saw this dude coming by on youtube the other day.

Was cringing my balls off when i saw he's a macsoyboy too.

feigned excitement to leverage social capital

e.g. "I love this new funko pop!" = im really happy I made this purchase please accept me

He's looking at his bf cock.

amazing, neo nazi gang whiggers falling under the spell of a manipulative leader who fucked around

Those men would be better given a workout regime and actual party structure with influence but that takes work

Low self esteem. The wide mouth expression and wide eyes are an attempt to mask the true feeling of being pathetic and hating oneself.

If they took a normal picture they would have a blank expression with dead eyes.

There is a sexual dimension to the issue, you should note that most of these basedboys are either in a relationship with a woman, or trying to be. They haven't "given up" on reproducing yet. The thing is that all humans are trying to reproduce, at least all those who haven't decided to go MGTOW or volcel yet. So to my point, the "basedboy" or "numale" personality is a way to try and appear attractive to women. They know they can't win going the masculine route, so they try another route instead, the "funny quirky guy".

The problem, on a deep level, is of course that man - woman relationships in our society are deeply fucked, and having a normal traditional family is getting harder every day.

Animalistic primate submissive pose.
All primates have it, most monkey's open their mouth and show their teeth in a non
threatening manner as a sign of submission. It's pathetic, to the winner goes the spoils tho.
These men, even accepted by females, will be rejected in terms of mating because they have
no dominance / no masculinity. It is the pose of a socially neutered male.

Attached: 1523457764316.gif (800x800, 178K)

>meme flag

Sure thing Leaf

>Will this meme pls die already?
>Disney picture
it's not a meme you dumb faggot

Attached: 1516852769175.png (211x239, 6K)

Lack of proper brain development into manhood. Probably caused by excessive stimulation and not enough physical work.

its a combination of the class clown and being beta. they know its a funny face and they use it to distract you from the fact that youre dealing with a complete faggot. you get the impression that they are just joking and thats what they want. they know they are embarrassing, so they try to downplay their shit by being funny

It’s obviously inspired by the Awesome face meme back in the day

Newfags

Attached: 8DCEE558-89FA-45B5-92B7-F6DF80279BAA.png (132x100, 2K)

Excessive use of emojis in mobile phones makes you emulate the exaggerated expressions you see most often.

Cum catcher face.

Shadow op succesfull, we have identified the vegan
Beep boop beep analyzing, result; 100% faggot

This but unironically.
And this.

Other anons have already mentioned the "harmless puppy-dog" theory, I'll add that maybe they are trying to immitate the way characters in cartoons and on cereal cartons always have their mouths open when they are supposed to express how ecstatic they are, lacking frames of reference to what normal people do after a childhood of too much TV and sugary cereals.

Attached: kit-imprimible-mickey-donald-pluto-tarjetas-candy-invitacion-D_NQ_NP_202301-MLU20296869920_052015-F. (400x400, 46K)

Attached: 91r3Jrn0pQL._SY550_.jpg (374x550, 74K)

Where on tv

I will now refer to it as the Cartoonish Expression.

oh fuck and you know they love cartoons, is that what theyre doing?

Nice meme

Absolutely this. It is also deliberately over-exaggerated. This clownishness allows them to project (feigned) joy without “owning” it. Because, as you say, they are not really joyful. In a way, the clownishness is an attempt at honesty.

They a ton have a beard to cover their double chin. A beard is the only thing that proves they have a penis, it's a modern day bra for basedboys. They also dress like boomers with a gamer twist.

Attached: images.jpg (301x168, 4K)

Attached: fdsfg.jpg (616x347, 163K)

The söy-class is indeed powerful. They make themselves look weak and submissive in order to taunt us.

They can AFFORD to look like that.

Attached: 1528786996877.gif (350x240, 2M)

it's a mixture of helplessness, fear, and shame masked by playful anxiety

>mfw it's actually true

Attached: 1518131610485.gif (225x249, 808K)

Hey how did you vasectomy go which your wifes boyfriend wanted you to do?

Whell smiling is a non threathening gesture so an overexcited fake smile is very submissive body language.

For most soibois, it begins as learned behavior - basic mimicry of a social signal they have been encouraged by weak parents and weak friends to display then, the neurological processes behind the expression become internalized and the soiboi begins to feel the expression as a way to signal that they are fun and energetic in order to compensate for ther complete lack of any other desirable qualities.

I like you.