Are there any reliable sources of income that a national government could adopt instead of direct taxation? (e.g...

Are there any reliable sources of income that a national government could adopt instead of direct taxation? (e.g. no income, sales, or inheritance taxes)

Attached: dosh.jpg (445x304, 109K)

Other urls found in this thread:

ehs.org.uk/dotAsset/11cabff5-3f6a-4d69-bba0-1086d69be6c7.pdf
pocketsense.com/united-states-government-funded-prior-income-tax-12769.html
falkvinge.net/2017/03/01/a-simplified-taxless-state-a-proposal-part-1/
falkvinge.net/2017/03/02/simplified-taxless-state-proposal-part-2/
falkvinge.net/2017/03/03/simplified-taxless-state-proposal-part-3/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Look into Greenbacks. Federal Reserve was established to abolish this.
In short:
>Hypothetically only $100 exists
>Government Bank loans you this at 10%
>You owe bank $110
>Extra $10 does not exist yet (thus you cannot pay it back until...)
>Bank prints it, spends it, causing supply/debt balance

yeah, it's called trade.

Kick out the central (((bankers))) printing debt-based currency, have the Treasury print debt-free currency, save 500 billion a year in interest.

Sure! Why are you asking?

Attached: cab-21-2207-011.jpg (1600x1291, 518K)

Workforce and goods.

I asked this question on this board a few years ago when I had a more libertarian outlook. The motivation then was to think about ways a government could sustain itself (paying for military, law enforcement, etc.) without having to directly tax the populace.

I'm asking again to think more about it, because I don't think I received much in terms of thoughtful discourse on that day.

>inb4 "thoughtful discourse on pol" lmao
Some people had things to say I hadn't thought of before, so it was a net gain for me.

Attached: cafe.png (2048x2048, 154K)

The last time this was tried was called mercantilism, it ended with governments funding pirates like Saudi royals totally absolute would never fund weapon dealers, mercenary groups and people smugglers.

Fiat as fuck.

>"Paying taxes is stupi-"

Attached: 5aad5bd732cfc.jpg (840x472, 376K)

Tariffs and excise taxes are examples of indirect taxes

Tariffs.
Fun fact: Income tax was first introduced in the UK in 1842 to make up for tariff revenue that was lost as the UK abandoned protectionist tariffs in trade.
ehs.org.uk/dotAsset/11cabff5-3f6a-4d69-bba0-1086d69be6c7.pdf

> After 1846, the idea of using tariff to protect British agriculture and industry from foreign competition, or to give preferential treatment to Britain's overseas empire, was also abandoned. A further seminal innovation was Peel's introduction of the income tax ill 1842. It was aimed at providing compensation for initial losses in government revenue as tariffs came down, but it became a permanent feature of British finance thereafter, as we shall see.

The same is true of the USA in the 1800s
pocketsense.com/united-states-government-funded-prior-income-tax-12769.html
>In peacetime during America's early decades, most of the federal government’s revenue came from import taxes called tariffs. The U.S. Congress passed the Tariff Act of 1789 to help generate revenue to pay off its war debts and to encourage and protect manufacturers in the northern states. Congress also passed major tariff bills in 1816, 1824, 1828 and 1832.

Do you want a diet coke to your filled pot hole?

Attached: pizza and pot - promotion.jpg (768x432, 84K)

See colonization.

Nationalised all the things, gas, electricity, oil, sell excess to countries which need it use money to invest in civilian population.

That's some pretty interesting info, brit-man. I'll have to read those links in depth soon.

Now for some reason--and I cannot imagine that that reason is something other than your overconsumption of alcohol--you seem to think that Communism in the Marxist sense is somehow opposed to the system of tax and rule by banks.

This is actually very funny. What did Mikhael Bakunin point out about Marxism? Can you name me an attempted Communist state that did not end up being ruled by banking bureacrats?

You understand that part of the idea of a system of working ownership of the MoP is that you NEED a massive banking establishment, right? You understand that every major Communist revolution was funded by bankers for precisely this reason, yes?

Communism in its IDEAL state, which is to say the state identified by Kropotkin, Marx and Engels, is essentially a fucking oligarchy of bankers funding independent enterprises by small groups of workers. People act as though money isn't supposed to exist in communism. Who the fuck said that? Show me who said that and where. Nobody said that. Bakunin even made fun of people for implying it. Money represents value and Communism is about ensuring that the value of labor is awarded to laborers, but that still requires certificates of fucking value, you smoothbrain.

Money exists in a communist system. Who manages it? Who prints it? Who controls its rate of inflation? If you think otherwise, that's okay, just point me to an instance that contradicts me. When you're done failing to do that go back and reread Das fucking Kapital--and then, actually, before you do that, reread Bakunin, because if you think your cringe ideology is somehow anti-bank, you obviously got it from youtube videos instead of actual literature.

Attached: 25094 - Artist-carpdime abuse animated anti_hugbox artist-EgorAlexeev bath death drowing explicit fo (900x700, 544K)

that inheritance tax is a thing still blows my fucking mind
you have literally no right

There are no rights, only privileges.

that's the idea

Rick Falkvinge presents an interesting solution here based on the prime functions of the state (protection from force, fraud and violation of contract).

falkvinge.net/2017/03/01/a-simplified-taxless-state-a-proposal-part-1/

falkvinge.net/2017/03/02/simplified-taxless-state-proposal-part-2/

falkvinge.net/2017/03/03/simplified-taxless-state-proposal-part-3/

Turning fat people into biofuels. Just have a sixty foot escalator that looks like it goes to a free cake, pain meds and, diet soda store. At the top a trap door drops them into a vat of lye. The occasional one that survives the fall will struggle and stir the slurry. Once a month hook a truck to collect the crude and top off the lye. The termination of the net loss alone pays for it, but then you can crack the crude into helicopter fuel and double your return.

Attached: Thanks+obama_9b8667_4866335.jpg (780x1040, 112K)

Idk something like, toll the roads & ports? that's how they used to do it back in the monarchy days. Won't work with a democracy though. Only property owners should be allowed to vote anyway.

>Implying federal tax revenue is used to fix potholes

Every year the federal government decides on a spending bill which is funded with a loan from the Federal Reserve--a clique of private banking interests whose names are anonymous but whose existence is objective fact. This group primarily produces that money in the form of treasury certificates for which money is printed and the certificates themselves sold off in the form of bonds.

Now, and this is going to be difficult for you, but I urge you to apply your smooth, Swedish brain to the concept. If the entire federal budget is a loan, and the entire federal tax revenue goes towards paying off that loan and its interest, and the money itself is primarily PRINTED upon the loan being issued, why... Do... We need... Taxes?

Think carefully. The entire federal budget is printed. So we're already suffering inflation as a result. So why are we paying taxes at all? Tax money doesn't go to potholes or infrastructure it goes to paying off the interest on the loan that actually does that. So... What purpose do taxes serve?

Well, let's ask another question. Que Bono? Who benefits? Stick with me here. Who benefits from printing the entire US budget, but then recollecting it plus 7% each year. Think carefully. Think hard, Snorri.

Attached: 1453835784976.jpg (688x640, 56K)

The fact that explaining this to the average normie doesn't turn them into a vanhelsing tier kike slayer on the spot makes me fear for the future of Western civilization.

Attached: 1529034356580.jpg (728x671, 78K)