Why doesn't Australia reforest its land?

Why doesn't Australia reforest its land?

Attached: 6821388-3x2-940x627.jpg (940x627, 98K)

Other urls found in this thread:

farmweekly.com.au/news/agriculture/cattle/general-news/livestock-key-to-less-desertification/2225461.aspx
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Artesian_Basin
youtu.be/vpTHi7O66pI
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fire-stick_farming
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

with what water?

>implying lachlan is capable of doing anything besides mowing his lawn

Attached: 1527022258543.jpg (1056x696, 51K)

ITS
A
FUCKING
DESERT.

/THREAD
THEN KYS

THATS STUPID WHY NOT MAKE AN OCEAN IN SPACE? MORON

It doesn't rain a lot in there. There is vegetation, which is mostly suited to high salinity, low rainfall, and no water table.

If forest was inclined to grow in there, it would have moved in on its own over many thousands of years.

The Great Dividing Range makes that impossible. Read up on it mate, then it'll make a lot of sense to you.

If we grew that much wood the coal would be worth less.

Wood is no substitute for coal, cobber.

It wasn't always a desert, though?

I thought the desert climate (extreme high temperatures, low humidity, no precipitations, etc) came to be after the indigenous people burned the forests down. Is that not the case?
If it is (I might be wrong), you might regain nice temperatures and rain once you regrow forests.

I'll look into it, thanks.

Didnt they donate their trees to california? I think it was a good choice for australia since the trees catch on fire all the time

SINCE WHEN YOU STUPID FAGGOT. IF YOU CANT POINT WHEN THEN YOU CANT, GO BACK.

>at one point space was water.

>global warming is bad
>more water in the atmoshpere is bad

Why do you think it was forested to being with?

>after the indigenous people burned the forests down. Is that not the case?

I don't think so. Forest fires occur regularly in vegetated regions, and a lot of our flora actually requires fire to germinate. The logistics of burning the entire country before it has a chance to regrow, with only a few hundred thousand people, is just nonsensical to me.

Attached: Capture.png (409x386, 9K)

farmweekly.com.au/news/agriculture/cattle/general-news/livestock-key-to-less-desertification/2225461.aspx

We've been working on this a very long time, it's not easy. Also, the highlands West of the salt lakes have always been deserts. It's a large tableland that used to be much further south, it'll never stop being a desert.

No.

Australia isn't Spain. It was already ruined before the brown people got there.

Trees need water Spaniard.
Can't grow tree if there no water.
>inb4 pump water onto the land
Evaporation rate is too high making it very costly. Salinity of the land itself is also an issue, a body of water will quickly evaporate leaving behind salts, creating salty land which is no good for anything.

If you wanted to turn Australia into a lush forest you would need to create a lot of water very quickly before it evaporates.

weird its common belief in the US that aborigines burned down your forests hunting emus

Suez/Panama inspired canal down into the red centre, creating inland rain?

That's weird. Just throw a stick at their neck.

When the abos arrived it wasn't all desert. But that was fucking ages ago, and it's their fault it's like it is now. They burnt Australia's rainforests to near-extinction.

Lol just dig some irrigation ditches cunt

Very quick google search:

>As part of a wider study of the climate history of the northwest Australian monsoon region, funded in part by Kimberley Foundation Australia, we posed the direct question: “Did Aboriginal vegetation burning practices impact on the function of the northwest Australian summer monsoon?”

>We showed that the climate responded significantly to reduced vegetation cover in the pre-monsoon season. We found decreases in rainfall, higher surface and ground temperatures and enhanced atmospheric stability. In other words, there was a decline in the strength of the early monsoon “phase”.

>The results of the experiment lead us to suggest that by burning forests in northwestern Australia, Aboriginals altered the local climate. They effectively extended the dry season and delayed the start of the monsoon season.

Just read your own article man

'LIVESTOCK is the only management tool available to stop the increasing desertification associated with climate change, according to a grazing management pioneer.

More than 200 people attended a Designing Resilient Farming Systems conference last Friday to hear Savory Institute and Africa Centre for Holistic Management (ACHM) president Allan Savory's assessment about the cause of environmental degradation.

Mr Savory said even though his assessment was unpopular and contradicted conventionally accepted scientific knowledge, history showed human management of livestock was at fault.'

might you not think that an article by a magazine for farmers, presumably by farmers, might have a bias towards farming?

>That's weird. Just throw a stick at their neck.
If that's all I takes why didn't you cunts do that during your war?

Attached: 1505623560395.png (858x612, 2.01M)

No worries mate. It's a long strip of hills that runs along the east coast. They're tall enough to stop moisture from the sea going inland. Therefore everything on the east is lush and green, all everything on the Western side is arid.

Gatling guns don't fire sticks you fucking drongo.

This bird spreads fire. I think it lives in australia too. So it might be these birds burning shit down. I like this bird. Its a bane bird. “The fire rises”.

Attached: FF771E12-EF21-4A6A-A219-1FDAA59D223A.jpg (220x330, 30K)

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Artesian_Basin

People talked about it like a hundred years ago, but no one has the balls to do it today.

Hang on, more evidence

youtu.be/vpTHi7O66pI

You basically use cows to shit grass seeds and fertiliser everywhere.

gee like everybody fuckign knows about that
to me australia was and always is a fucking desert. depends on what part your talking about but
to me it still no matter where yoru writing your bullshit fantasy propoganda from is a fuckign desert

Wasn't there a plan to build a gigantic mountain in the middle of Australia so it would trap the clouds and turn the continent into a rainforest?

i know i read about this somewhere

Attached: 1528682584247.jpg (272x295, 11K)

is it a large bird?

>build a gigantic mountain
Digging a canal would be easier. Whence comes the mountain?

>drongo
That's a great fucking word, sorry m8 but I'm going to have to culturally appropriate that one.

Attached: 1525206857653.jpg (316x400, 19K)

>with what water?

Attached: water purification.png (739x841, 1.21M)

Perth already uses desalination plants. Very high energy requirements and not enough volume to irrigate billions of hectares.

Obviously a no-stick faghet

go for it, I stole hoser, mickey and toque

>Why doesn't Australia reforest its land?

we gave a lot of the land back to aboriginals, for some reason, so they can do funny dances on it.

how about this

Attached: australia1.jpg (879x485, 37K)

Slip some sterilization drugs into some beer and sit back for a generation then, yeah you fucked up, but time heals all wounds. Dead niggers too.

I'll allow it.

Nobody actually says hoser except in reference to Bob and Doug.
I'm drinking a mickey and a six pack right now so all good there. No lie I just took 4 fucking touques out of my tool box at work because I couldn't close the lid...it's summer here.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fire-stick_farming

>Fire-stick farming was the practice of Indigenous Australians who regularly used fire to burn vegetation to facilitate hunting and to change the composition of plant and animal species in an area. Fire-stick farming had the long-term effect of turning dry forest into savannah

Ftfy

Attached: 03A08DCE-C26E-4341-81FA-DEC0B696CA11.jpg (879x485, 41K)

Testing filter.
Basedboy
Onions
Onions-Boy
Onions/boy
Onions
$oyboy
S0yb0y
Soy_boy
Onions boy
Mods
M0ds
Onions
Soiboi
Soiboy
Onions
Based
Au$sie
Au$$ie
Onions
Au$tralian

Attached: 739.jpg (700x695, 133K)

>Lachlan is a stereotypical Australian name.
Bruce you stupid cunt.

Attached: 1480757818205.jpg (618x597, 144K)

I mostly say hoser as an in-joke with mates about some canadian youtubers we watch anyway so ez
>No lie I just took 4 fucking touques out of my tool box at work because I couldn't close the lid...it's summer here.
lul it's winter here and I still haven't needed one yet hey

how about this

Attached: new world.png (1200x715, 178K)

It was always a desert

Most of australia's desert has 0 nutrients in the soil. It's not even about water, water comes if you plant enough trees. You can't plant trees with 0 nutrient soil that has never hosted life.

Australia is not real

they are literally obliterating regions of their soil already through salinity from irrigation, some books project much of the farmland will be utterly useless in a few generations

Would completely destroy the weather for the US and Europe. Australia would probably still be a desert (just a bit colder) as well as Europe and US.

leave denmark alone evil maoriman

All suitable species of trees wer wiped out the Aboriginals with their millennium of forest burning.

>it's winter here and I still haven't needed one yet
We use them here all right but everyone gives you touques. Buy beer? Here's a touque.
Company uniforms? Here's a touque.
Union guy comes around? Here's a touque. It's fucking ridiculous, I could insulate a house with the ones I have.

Aren't Australian trees massive fire hazards as they mature? Which is exactly why California is so fugged with all those woods filled with imported trees.

>Why doesn't Australia reforest its land?
You need Germans for that, search it up.

>putting Australia between the USA and nigger ground zero
I don’t think so.

because the abbos will just burn down thousands of acres to get maybe 1 roo and some wichedi grubs.

Just a prank bro.

Better question, why don't we just turn the whole desert into a huge gay sauna? We get all countries to finance it, it can have theme rooms, restraints, just 100 square kilometers of gay facilities. No condoms.

Australia: The gay capital of the entire world.

Australia is a desert because of the mountains along the eastern coast which block the rain clouds which travel westwards. Wetter continents like America have mountains on the western coast.
Nothing to do with boongs and their incompetence.

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 60K)

seconded bloke

Aussie

kek

also nice trips

Attached: 1526242405839.jpg (983x983, 492K)

Is this rare?

>Aren't Australian trees massive fire hazards as they mature
I want a wollemi pine. Fucking dinosaur trees.

are you for real fucking retard?

How old are you 12? Holy shit this board is worse than fucking plebbit.

sage

Attached: 1511821677648.png (645x730, 27K)

Certainly uncommon.

Hard to grow. Unsurprising considering they're adapted for the Cretaceous.

alright lads how about this

Attached: new world 2.jpg (1200x715, 107K)

Why did you expel us? :(

The native Australians would just grind up all the trees to make Vegemite or they would huff all the small animals to get their hallucination inducing vb fumes.

Attached: 1482981127291.jpg (884x1006, 154K)

no particular reason, i just through it would be funny

Argentina could probably stay.

>with what energy

Attached: Sunshine+2007+gif+1[1].gif (420x242, 500K)

Because I block them from doing so

>Reforest
>Insinuating there was forest there in the first place.

See here's the problem...

>reforest
lel
Aussies don't even have proper roads, there are just a few paved roads across the country, rest is deadly dirty roads.
they barely have train tracks and generally suck ass

australia is a turd world country with shit-tier infrastructure.

all the wealth is concentrated in large paki infested cities and a few habitable stretches of shore, while the majority of the populace has to rely on air drops coz india--tier infrastructure

fucking shit tier overrated non-country

Attached: Inddia.jpg (400x400, 49K)

Noice
Kek

Looks like he pulled over to take a dump.

Wow you could build a huge city there

We will when global warming happens and the seas rise, we get an inland sea which which should make things easier.

God I fucking wish.

Attached: 1527079095217.gif (500x281, 134K)

Like 90% of Australia looks like this its a fucking waste

Edited

Attached: 9064F5C7-14B7-46BE-8C4C-27E2E5B04A47.jpg (1200x715, 110K)

>not nuking all of it

except japan, we need our anime. in fact we should move japan over to our side as our anime-producing slave.

>worrying about coal

I thought you imported Lebs to keep the coal thing going

Does an emu shitpost in the wood?

This is, beyond a doubt, the utmost moronic thing I have ever seen on this beautiful basket weaving board.

Attached: A0AA1BBE-5246-494A-AD58-EACC94FD4403.png (500x654, 263K)

can confirm had a aussie mate stay couple weeks back left his brain here

There's different types of coal. Coking coal is what we need for steel production. Canada has lots, I don't know what kind you have.

Put us on top of Canada instead.

Was there even a forest there

Some reason ive thought about moving into the desert in Australia and micro terraforming it. Imagine though, like in the U.S. we have pipes running oil all over the country. How about we run pipes from the ocean of Desalinated water through parts of this desert.

I always knew you posted here Clive

>Put us on top of Canada instead.
Fuck that, you should be the new mexico. Ozzy's can't handle the cold. After a few weeks on the ski hills you're fucked. Jacuzzis and bars aren't real cold.