Calling all Men of Christ

I unironically want to become a church-going Christian. What's the best denomination? (Fuck off with that Catholicism shit)

Attached: jesusfuckingDABBINGLOL.jpg (369x550, 27K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=h5_sS3hjrWA
youtube.com/watch?v=F6yXJYZCa0Q&list=PL1bmbN1y-jKygkb6pAqjFaXZU8jEvS3LP
youtube.com/watch?v=tpFK50kR_fw&t
newadvent.org/fathers/0109.htm
youtube.com/watch?v=Qv2ZPWC0D18
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Roman Rite Baptism
Build your own chapel
Read the Gospels in Latin and Greek
Depose the Pope and rebuild on top of the burned filth

My hands are too small. Nobody would follow me. Next

>Wanting to be a heretic

Moving on

Attached: 445345345.jpg (652x497, 32K)

Was Catholic my whole childhood. It's a stale, deadened religious experience.

Islam is the only redpilled, conservative, traditional, strict religion available. chr*stianity has gone to shit.

It isn't about the dogma, it's about what the effects are:
Judeism: Requires a host culture with pathological hate of that host, resulting in various self inflicted pogroms.
Islam: Results in 7th century mud hut and flat earth culture.
Old Christianity: Resulted in Western Civilization
New Christianity: Resulted in the fall of Civilization and susceptibility of a parasite sub-culture.

Not the Latin mass of the ages. I feel sorry for you man. I will pray you don’t fall into the devils traps.

What would you consider Old Christianity? Protestantism? Not like Catholicism was *the* religion in amurica

Orthodox Christianity is the true church. The Roman Catholics broke off from us and started making stuff up. Then the protestants splintered from them.

Attached: veliky-novgorod-russia-august-antique-russian-orthodox-icon-our-lady-tenderness-painted-old-wooden-b (670x900, 112K)

I tried doing this the same way as you are for a year and it kept me from God. Seek God first wherever you can find him. None of these churches are going to kill you for showing up then not coming back and there is no entrance fee (if there is then leave). Try churches and see where the holy spirit leads you.

This might be /thread, man. Thank you.

im Southern Baptist myself. Get saved, get baptized, they get together a lot. potluck first wednesday every month, singles groups, outings, missionary abroad.

Conservative Presbyterian or other Reformed denomination. They should explicitly affirm and adopt the Westminster Confession and Catechisms, the Heidelberg Catechism, and/or the Three Forms of Unity.

I've also done some research into the Reformed Episcopal Church and their doctrine is sound (Thirty Nine Articles). They're an option if you're into a prayerbook service and bishops (which are perfectly biblical btw).

>best denomination
Find one that's not allergic to evolution or you'll find one that doesn't have a future.

>calling all men who worship a Jew

Independent Baptists are the only people who actually follow the Bible.

Attached: 1Tim6-13-16.png (1865x471, 74K)

Jow Forums made me a Christian, thank you

Christ works in mysterious ways

TLM Catholic Church
Orthodox
or Baptist
Anything else is pure and total larping.

What's the best translation of the bible?

People swear by KJV, but i want to read the bible with as close to original intent/meaning as possible.

Denominationalism is sin.

Is Christ divided? 1cor 1.13

Then you want KJV

Orthodox is the best sect, but professing yourself to one is brainlet tier as 90% of them have been subverted by freemasonry or jewry.

Attached: 1524417909255.jpg (1200x800, 288K)

This
Presbyterians that scream about the denomination do a disservice to their sect; the sole emphasis is that the relationship between God and man can only be known through your own independent study & understanding of religious texts. A proper Presbyterian organization exists purely to help you reconcile your own beliefs against the Bible and nothing more.
>but I’m a fan of the EOC even if it’s practically heretical from a presbyter’s viewpoint
The ultimate answer is what many anons in the thread have already said:
It’s YOUR relationship with God. Seek God first and act accordingly with your faith, you’ll find the only true path you were meant to tread.

Assemblies of God reigns supreme

PLEASE SOMEONE I NEED THE SMUG GLASSES CARTOON OF THE GUY SAYING SOMETHING LIKE SURE I HAVE NOTHING BUT CONTEMPT FOR YOUR RELIGION BUT I'M GONNA USE IT IN MY ARGUMENT FOR MY SIDE

Attached: 1529299999880.jpg (960x540, 59K)

Read the Gospels and go with the denomination that most closely aligns with what you find there.
Denomination matters much less than you think. Follow Christ first, and go where that leads you.
I'd also suggest Mere Christianity as a supplement to the Gospels.

I read it some time ago. Think I'll go through it again. There are some tough pills to swallow up ahead.

Reformed protestantism (theologically, Calvinism) is the choice if you want rigorous theology but none of the stupidity that attends Catholicism. I'm in a small reformed Church and it's packed with smart people because of this. All engineers, IT guys, medical professionals. One college professor even. It's protestantism for smart people.

It if you want the opposite of that you could become a Baptist.

Attached: 1516410934908.jpg (908x539, 71K)

> Fuck off with that Catholicism shit
Thank you for giving me hope

To answer your question.. DON'T choose a denomination. Just read the Bible and find Gods will for your life. If it's His will that you join a church, then so be it, but until then, don't let the many denominations distract you.

>going to church
>christian
you wash your mouth boy
most churches are fakes, preaching Satans gospel whilst claiming to teach christ.
Any church who unequivocally only talks about loving your neighbour or some shit is satans church, not because the message itself is wrong, but because they've twisted it ever so slightly.
Love is a bitter pill, not some sweet candy. Your father loves you when he hits you, whilst the mother who hugs you to death and is overprotective claims to love aswell, yet it is not love.

Jesus forgave the woman that cheated on her husband and saved her from being stoned to death, and when he left he told her, go and sin no more. This is most important because people tend to think of jesus christ as some all-loving being. He got mad, he used violence against the money-sellers in the church, he always told everyone to not sin and to be righteous.

Also any church that loves the muslim heretic refugees should be burned for it worships satan.

Christianity can be reinterpreted. We don't need the failing churches, filled with satans followers. We can take them back whenever though, God is always with us.

I'm definitely supposed to find a church. That's been made clear to me even without reading the Bible. I'll just go to what's local for now and see how it feels. Maybe join a Bible study so I actually read this shit.

Eastern Churches or Confessional Lutheranism.
No radical derived shit.

Both read for yourself and test churches out, but do not take them seriously. They tend to think they've got the truth about the bible whilst they're misinterpretating it. Women are not required to wear a veil as some sects would have you believe.

Calvinsim is the outgrowth of medieval Catholic theology.

Orthodoxy, the one true Chruch.

Attached: seraphim-rose.jpg (468x700, 79K)

Good luck, user, I will pray for you.
Keep in mind that the Bible is the authority and stands above any church.

Glad to hear it! Yeah, there’s a lot of rough stuff in there. And the Bible as a whole.
Just be open, yet critically-minded as you go through it, and look for answers at least as hard as you look for problems.

Attached: 1473875593359.jpg (480x640, 41K)

>no golden idols
>vatican is literally the largest idol on the planet and it's not to God.

Kek

>you shall only worship the One and Only God
>prays to saints and virgin mary

Catholicism is the One True Faith. Come back to the Church user. You don't want to burn in hell for all eternity. If it is stale and dead then that is because you aren't putting yourself out there and making it more than that.

>Orthodoxy
>one Church
pick one

I can't understand how someone could go to a catholic mass and then a protestant mass (held im some toolshed by a married man in a suit) and then believe thats a more true experience...

It is called "Roman Catholicism" and it is from satan!

Flee the Roman Catholic SATANIC Cult!

Attached: a team satan 3.png (538x336, 80K)

Catholic False Doctrine 2
The Roman Catholic Church SELLS THE GOSPEL through Indulgences.

"The Church also commends almsgiving, indulgences and works of penance undertaken on behalf of the dead ... An indulgence is partial or plenary according as it removes either part or all of the temporal punishment due to sin. Indulgences may be applied to the living or the dead." (Catholic Catechism)

The Roman Catholic Church teaches that after death, everyone who has sinned will go to "purgatory", where they will face punishment for their sins. After this they are then allowed into the heavenly kingdom, once they have "PAID" for their sins. But with an indulgence, you can pay the church some money and you will receive an indulgence which will either reduce your time in "purgatory" or erase it all together. By the way, the Vatican was built on indulgences, and Martin Luther exposed the error of indulgences back in the 1500's with his 95 Thesis.

Now anyone who knows the Bible will see that there is grave error in this teaching, because not only is the grace of God a FREE GIFT to anyone, but Christ Jesus PAID the FULL PRICE for our sins.

And what did Simon Magus, the Pagan sorcerer try to do? He tried to BUY the gift of God WITH MONEY, and the apostle Peter sharply rebuked him in very strong words, telling him that his money will die with him!

Ephesians 2:8 ...'For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God.'

Have you ever heard of a free gift that you had to pay for? So why does the Catholic Church do this? So they can line their pockets with filthy money. And did you know that the Vatican was built from the selling of indulgences? Yes, it was not only built upon a Pagan burial site. It was built from SELLING the gospel!

this is the worst opinion.

When you become a Christian you don't shop around for the one that best suits you. You should seek truth, that is why Catholicism/Orthodoxy is the only way since they do not contradict the early church Christ established.

Someone give a rundown on the denominations and their points of differentiation.

I mean, obviously not all denominations -- just the top dozen or so.

Douay-Rheims

It is called "Roman Catholicism" and it is from satan!

Flee the Roman Catholic SATANIC Cult!

Attached: a team satan 4.png (524x316, 78K)

Catholic False Doctrine 2
The Roman Catholic Church SELLS THE GOSPEL through Indulgences.

"The Church also commends almsgiving, indulgences and works of penance undertaken on behalf of the dead ... An indulgence is partial or plenary according as it removes either part or all of the temporal punishment due to sin. Indulgences may be applied to the living or the dead." (Catholic Catechism)

The Roman Catholic Church teaches that after death, everyone who has sinned will go to "purgatory", where they will face punishment for their sins. After this they are then allowed into the heavenly kingdom, once they have "PAID" for their sins. But with an indulgence, you can pay the church some money and you will receive an indulgence which will either reduce your time in "purgatory" or erase it all together. By the way, the Vatican was built on indulgences, and Martin Luther exposed the error of indulgences back in the 1500's with his 95 Thesis.

Now anyone who knows the Bible will see that there is grave error in this teaching, because not only is the grace of God a FREE GIFT to anyone, but Christ Jesus PAID the FULL PRICE for our sins.

And what did Simon Magus, the Pagan sorcerer try to do? He tried to BUY the gift of God WITH MONEY, and the apostle Peter sharply rebuked him in very strong words, telling him that his money will die with him!

Ephesians 2:8 ...'For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God.'

Have you ever heard of a free gift that you had to pay for? So why does the Catholic Church do this? So they can line their pockets with filthy money. And did you know that the Vatican was built from the selling of indulgences? Yes, it was not only built upon a Pagan burial site. It was built from SELLING the gospel!...

Catholic False Doctrine 3
The Roman Catholic Church claim that Mary was sinless.

"The church has become ever more aware that Mary "full of grace" through God was redeemed from the moment of her conception. This is what the dogma of the Immaculate Conception confesses ..... Mary was.... from the first moment of her conception ...... preserved immune from all stain of original sin." (Catechism of the Catholic Church, 491)

Not only does the Bible declare that ALL have sinned and come short of the glory of God (Romans 3:23), but Mary herself declared that she needed a Saviour.

Luke 1:46-47 .....'And Mary said, My soul doth magnify the Lord, and my spirit hath rejoiced in God MY Saviour.'

Catholic False Doctrine 4
The Roman Catholic Church claim that Mary is in Heaven and is co-redeemer with Jesus.

"That we may rightly say she (Mary) redeemed the human race together with Christ." (Benedict XV, Inter Sodalicia, 1918)

"In fact, by being assumed into Heaven she (Mary) has not laid aside the office of salvation, but by the manifold intercession she continues to obtain for us the grace of eternal salvation." (John Paul II, Dives in Misericordia, 1980, quoting Lumen Gentium)

Praise God that we have His Word to expose these false and dangerous teachings. There is ONLY ONE Mediator between God and man, and that is Christ Jesus. The Bible also reveals that those who have died in Christ are still in their graves awaiting the resurrection. Mary is in her grave, NOT in heaven.

1 Timothy 2:5 .....'For there is one God, and ONE MEDIATOR between God and men, the man Christ Jesus.'

Catholic False Doctrine 5
The Roman Catholic Church claim that salvation is only possible through herself.

"There is no salvation outside the church (Roman Catholic Church)." (Pope John Paul II, Radio Message for Francisan Vigil at St Peter's and Assisi, October 3, 1981)

"Salvation is to be found nowhere but in the church (Roman Catholic Church), the strong and effective instrument of salvation is none other than the Roman Pontificate." (Pope Leo XIII, Allocution for the 25th Anniversary of his election, February 20, 1903. (Papal Teachings: The Church, Benedictine Monks of Solesmes, St Paul Editions, Boston, 1962, par. 653)

Again, the Bible exposes this teaching of the Roman Catholic Church as false. Not only that, it is one of the most dangerous doctrines there is. To say that salvation lies only within the Roman Catholic Church is blasphemous against the ONLY ONE who can save us, which is Jesus Christ.

Acts 4:10-12 .....'Be it known unto you all, and to all the people of Israel, that by the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, whom ye crucified, whom God raised from the dead, even by him doth this man stand here before you whole. This is the stone which was set at nought of you builders, which is become the head of the corner. Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.'

Presbyterianism is the answer. Its what your ancestors (if they were White Anglo-Saxon Protestant) would have been.

Attached: covenanters.png (720x720, 119K)

Flee THE DEMONIC/SATANIC ROMAN CATHOLIC CULT!

Do not go to Church.
Read The New Testament by yourself.
Good luck, user.

Attached: 62433a.jpg (600x639, 46K)

1. Although temporary believers, and other unregenerate men, may vainly deceive themselves with false hopes and carnal presumptions of being in the favour of God and state of salvation, which hope of theirs shall perish; yet such as truly believe in the Lord Jesus, and love him in sincerity, endeavouring to walk in all good conscience before him, may in this life be certainly assured that they are in the state of grace, and may rejoice in the hope of the glory of God, which hope shall never make them ashamed. ( Job 8:13, 14; Matthew 7:22, 23; 1 John 2:3; 1 John 3:14, 18, 19, 21, 24; 1 John 5:13; Romans 5:2, 5 )

The best thing to do is to go back the original texts and learn from the beginning. There are people who think everything from the old testament is nonsense, just because the Messiah came. This is not true, since the first coming of the Messiah didn't mean the end of God's plan. Every law is still to be in place until Christ comes again. Unless the New Testament explicitly says something is no longer necessary (like circumcision), it's still in place.

Time to unlearn the Lies

youtube.com/watch?v=h5_sS3hjrWA
youtube.com/watch?v=F6yXJYZCa0Q&list=PL1bmbN1y-jKygkb6pAqjFaXZU8jEvS3LP

Hebrews 10:25 English Standard Version (ESV)

not neglecting to meet together, as is the habit of some, but encouraging one another, and all the more as you see the Day drawing near.

Trancelate.

lucifarian

It means find a church that teaches the Word of God in TRUTH and meet together with other GENUINE BELIEVERS.

You cant do it alone.

Attached: 14525681708.jpg (540x746, 64K)

>Try churches and see where the holy spirit leads you.
>this is the worst opinion. obey my delusion because it's the truth

IFB ind fundamentalist baptist, look up pastor anderson on youtube

Attached: enzoscheex.jpg (720x1280, 88K)

Catholicism
>defines dogma authoritatively
>Church tradition and biblical text are its guide
>traces its roots to the beginning of Christianity
>salvation through faith(faith includes works)
>claims to be the one true church established by Jesus to Peter in Matthew 16:18
>old structure of bishop, priest etc traced back to the first century
>has apostolic authority

Orthodoxy
>Reject Papal authority but recognise the Roman Pope as the seat of Peter
>traces its roots to the beginning of Chrisitianity
>splintered from the Roman Catholic Church or is the original Church depending on your perspective
>Orthodox churches are ethnic based, Russian, Greek etc
>much like Catholicism in terms of dogma but leave more to be considered a mystery, on how the transubstantiation occurs for example
>old structure of bishop, priest etc traced back to the first century
>has apostolic authority

Protestantism
>all churches defined by faith alone and scripture alone
>believe the bible is the only authority, rely on yourself to interpret it
>believe by faith alone you reach salvation
>splintered off the Catholic Church 500 years ago
>over 30,000 churches with varying degrees of beliefs and practices
>rejects apostolic authority (except Anglicanism) and is not structured with a hierarchy like the early church

Attached: 1505403911416.png (1750x2475, 728K)

Denomination wise, either an orthodox or mainline protestant branch.
Anglicans can fuck off
Really it depends heavily on the local leader and who, if anyone, they answer to.

>(Fuck off with that Catholicism shit)
Good man. Fuck the pedo harboring, refugee feet kissing, communist sympathizers.
I would join a Protestant denomination.

If you're not Catholic, you're a jew, not a Christian.

Attached: 03.jpg (1155x768, 176K)

King James is pretty good and the coolest sounding. If you're worried about mistranslation then just google up bible mistranslations

Just make sure you worship the real Jesus Christ.

Attached: download (3).jpg (910x530, 67K)

he said no catholics faggot, all these fucking brandes yall name derive from catholicism. only baptists are not linked to catholics. IFB BAPTISTS BEST

Attached: brithright.jpg (480x718, 54K)

religion is for cucks and lonely , mentally ill people.
you would be better off spending your time doing something real and not believing in myths and legends

>Plz halp, I want to believe in ghosts and the supernatural!

HOWS IT GOIN RABBI

Attached: (((them))).jpg (992x1024, 115K)

Baptist
youtube.com/watch?v=tpFK50kR_fw&t

"But I have prayed for you, Simon, that your faith may not fail. And when you have turned back, strengthen your brothers." (Luke 22:32)

The king James Bible is a compilation of poorly translated, bastardized Jewish/European pagan folk lore stories. Jesus's supposed quotes in this illogical blob of nigger babble might be fabricated and not from Jesus himself.

Attached: Chinlet.jpg (920x613, 328K)

howdy fellow IFB brother

Attached: jesusdepepe.jpg (480x480, 47K)

"These most crafty enemies have filled and inebriated with gall and bitterness the Church, the Spouse of the Immaculate Lamb, and have laid impious hands on her most sacred possessions. In the Holy Place itself, where has been set up the See of the most holy Peter and the Chair of Truth for the light of the world, they have raised the throne of their abominable impiety, with the iniquitous design that when the Pastor has been struck, the sheep may be scattered.

Arise then, O invincible Prince, bring help against the attacks of the lost spirits to the people of God, and give them the victory." (part of the St Michael prayer by Pope Leo XIII)

The real Jesus doesn't have a drawn face and doesn't look like a retard, you dimwit.

father did me in the ass

hate to break it to you but Jesus was a fictional character in a plot to turn the masses into controllable sheep

As this supposed "bible" was written(or referenced) 300 hundreds years after Jesus's death.

Attached: download (2).png (768x1005, 1.26M)

Orthodox. Don't cheat yourself, go for the real thing.

Howdy brother.

The bible is a collection of manuscripts written over about 1500 years, idiot. It's not a book that was written 300 or any number of years after Jesus' resurrection.

The Epistle of Ignatius to the Smyrnaeans
newadvent.org/fathers/0109.htm (Chapter 8)
St. Ignatius born in Syria, around the year 50; died at Rome between 98 and 117
discusses the protestants of today….

On Heretics:
They abstain from the Eucharist and from prayer, because they confess not the Eucharist to be the flesh of our Savior Jesus Christ, which suffered for our sins, and which the Father, of His goodness, raised up again. Those, therefore, who speak against this gift of God, incur death in the midst of their disputes. But it were better for them to treat it with respect, that they also might rise again. It is fitting, therefore, that you should keep aloof from such persons, and not to speak of them either in private or in public, but to give heed to the prophets, and above all, to the Gospel, in which the passion [of Christ] has been revealed to us, and the resurrection has been fully proved. But avoid all divisions, as the beginning of evils.

SURE SOUNDS LIKE THE PROTESTANTS TODAY! PROOF THE FIRST CHRISTIANS BELIEVED IN THE EUCHARIST AS THE TRUE PRESENCE!

On the Catholic Church:
See that you all follow the bishop, even as Jesus Christ does the Father, and the presbytery (priests) as you would the apostles; and reverence the deacons, as being the institution of God. Let no man do anything connected with the Church without the bishop. Let that be deemed a proper Eucharist, which is [administered] either by the bishop, or by one to whom he has entrusted it. Wherever the bishop shall appear, there let the multitude [of the people] also be; even as, wherever Jesus Christ is, there is the CATHOLIC Church. It is not lawful without the bishop either to baptize or to celebrate a love-feast; but whatsoever he shall approve of, that is also pleasing to God, so that everything that is done may be secure and valid.

SURE SOUNDS LIKE THE HIERARCHY OF THE CHURCH WAS IN PLACE AT IN THE 1st CENTURY!

Attached: Hosios_Loukas_(south_west_chapel,_south_side)_-_Ignatios.jpg (225x481, 49K)

>hate to break it to you but Jesus was a fictional character
That's a plausible theory but I'd argue he was just some Middle Eastern Jew who came into contact with an Inorganic consciousness, and garnered information from this Inorganic consciousness. While later performing miracles utilizing the previously aforementioned information.

Attached: download (5).jpg (1920x1080, 221K)

you're a Roman paganist first, then a Christian
youtube.com/watch?v=Qv2ZPWC0D18

How he looks doesn't matter, it's his inside that matters

Protestant autists will either ignore this or start screeching their misunderstanding of muh infallibility, good job man.

Attached: 1280px-Sant'Agata_dei_Goti_(Rome)_-_Interior.jpg (1280x874, 402K)

At least try to make it look like you've had this pictures for a while, shill.

what like red and gooey?

I also feel a yearning for the lord
Help me become as chad as Chad Pratt.

Attached: b7f4390bb87a59bd7178faf7976baca9489d7462f408531016233af479a0a392-pol.jpg (459x646, 52K)

>over about 1500 years
>calls me the idiot
>not a book that was written 300 or any number of years after Jesus's resurrection
Do you suffer from a stunted growth or something?

Attached: download (1).png (645x729, 63K)