Why is the cost of living so high these days?

Attached: IMG_3380.jpg (504x504, 96K)

Cause you allow your government to print monopoly money for you to use. You want real money, get gold or Bitcoin or something.

Because there are too many people. We need a plague.

Adjust it for inflation cocksucker

Jews

>I don't understand inflation: the post

Attached: yep.jpg (1280x720, 98K)

To prevent millennial whites from having children.

Banks do not allow the price of houses to go down. They print money and lend it out to continuously inflate their value forever. Robbing regular people of assets.

ill take an average house for 2.5x my salary.

they sucked all the equity out of the system. would that be correct?

the fed. destroy it and kill your managers to reverse it

surprsingly, it looks like coffee and eggs decreased in price over time

We got off the gold standard, duh

Attached: 1535840927540.jpg (635x655, 98K)

Attached: 1521144958762.gif (600x338, 1.2M)

If you had a brain you would realize inflation drives the economy.
If you think and know prices will be higher tomorrow you will buy more today.
The more money you spend the better the economy functions.
Of course we will have permanent inflation.
You stupid fucking faggot pedophile nigger.

Inflation you derpy pleb

Attached: 1962.jpg (375x593, 46K)

It's a mystery.

Attached: shitpaper.jpg (200x258, 11K)

>inflation drives the economy.
productivity drives the economy, dumbass. never post again.

we're being genocided and no one is doing anything about it

people use to be valuable, now were a liability.

>Inflation is good for the economy
>Of course we will have inflation forever
>Never ending economic growth is possible in a finite system
Just keep talking like you know what's what, nigger
>You have no idea how bad things really are

The real answer (only click if you want the real answer)

Attached: Death of Middle Class.png (601x5345, 1023K)

Everyone in this thread saying “adjust for inflation” I have an honest question. Why do you accept inflation as a given? It’s theft. I’m alive in 1970, I have 20,000 in the bank, cool I can buy a house. I take a nap, wake up today, and can barely use that money to put a down payment on a house. What happened to my money? It’s value was robbed. Inflation is the most insidious evil because it steals a little bit of your wealth piece by piece. My $100 last year is only worth $98 today. It’s bullshit. It’s like here you go I’m paying you for your labor, but better spend it quick! Otherwise it’ll slip through your fingers like sand.
>homeowner and still 23
Feels boomer man.

Judefetzen goy.

Attached: 2DBE463B-C458-4381-B930-78500DC45F59.png (1046x746, 1.47M)

I'll add: Nixon abolished Bretton Woods because of LBJ's guns and butter (for some reason the author neglected to mention this)

this

boomers

Attached: boomer compilation.webm (426x360, 1.95M)

nixon abolished it after 4 years of failed nixon policies

>Bitcoin
>Real money
Kek kill yourself stupid fuck

This user gets it.

Inflation and wages haven't tracked is the problem

> inflation drives the economy

This is why Zimbabwe has so many billionaires...

and never will. Inflation causes malinvestment

what was average salary back then?

Pic related

Attached: cost-of-living-chart.jpg (904x573, 221K)

Inflation (obfuscated tax on everything) + unlimited immigration = death of the working class

because no one is taught how to play for the long game and save money. it's nothing but gibs. also, kids my age do not understand voting laws, so no one votes. everyone thinks you have to register to vote. i always just walk up, show id, and vote. no one is guiding kids to know how to function in life or how to influence government or how the world works. i pay for a $950 apartment on $11/hr. and still have enough money to do whatever the fuck i want.

t. 23 year old

Banks don't print it, they just create it via lending ~nothing~ and charging interest. It's the free market. If you don't like it you can start your own bank.

9,400 per year.

The minimum wage was $2.10.

I would say milk is cheaper too but it depends on where you live.
Wages (average and min) have lagged
All that did was hide inflation. The gold standard was stupid and had to end. The pent up inflation came out in the 70s, but it was already baked into the system, just waiting for a chance to explode. There was no way to maintain a gold standard. Something had to give.

Like I was saying, the big problem is incomes not keeping up.

>you can start your own bank.
Not so easy to do with all the regulations.

Even when adjusted, aren't home prices way too high?

Bretton Woods was retardation. It prevented the values of currencies from adjusting to changing economic conditions. It's unfortunate that it existed at all.

Problem with home prices - the supply of land is limited. Between population growth and zoning restrictions on building you have overly limited supply for the demand. You can also add in ever increasing regulatory requirements. The energy efficiency mandates for new homes are pretty insane.

Most of those scaled pretty well with inflation compared to current minimums and average incomes. Homes are only high in Democrat controlled states because regulation costs are more than 50% of the house cost now for new construction. Make new construction high and existing home become more valuable. But libs can do economy, so no big surprise they don't see the cause and effect of their nanny state bullshit.

>1 post by this ID

You fucking niggers are so easily baited.

I dont get it, so youre saying milk then was equivalent to $7 a gallon? And nobody thought it was a problem?

Quantitative easing. We basically printed all this money to prop up the value of bad assets owned by investors. We should have let the banks liquidate all their shit or be broken up and bought out by smaller regional banks.