Questions to australians; have you ever come across a kangaroo in real life? what are they like...

questions to australians; have you ever come across a kangaroo in real life? what are they like? they seem cool but kind of dangerous

Attached: Australia_VPN.png (2048x1824, 57K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=rRddLDynsCs
youtu.be/FIRT7lf8byw
m.youtube.com/watch?v=Fvo3lQ4_ya4
quora.com/Do-people-in-Australia-ride-kangaroos
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

look up kangaroo fights on youtube m8

They are everywhere there is some bush for them to live in - so on the outskirts of cities, golf courses, etc. In the country they are all over the place. My daughter's school has about 5 of them living in the grounds and the adjacent parklands.

They are mainly nocturnal, so you see them mostly late afternoon and early morning. Wild kangaroos will escape from you if you approach, but some that live in urban areas are quite tame. They can be aggressive if they are too dependent on people for food, or if they think you are threatening them and they can't escape (like any animal).

Think of them like deer that hop. The main danger they pose is to traffic. They have absolutely no road sense and are just as likely to jump in front of your car as away from it.

There are many different species - some are quite small, about 20kg, and some can get huge - 100kg, but the really big ones tend to be in the outback.

In some rural areas, if conditions are right, you can have plagues of kangaroos. They have the ability to hold off from giving birth until the conditions are good, and now and then this results is a rapid population boom. In such times you can drive down country roads at night and see kangaroos every 50 meters or so.

do you think you guys could win a war against them in your current state?

that's really interesting. would you say it's a good or bad idea to just go up to one and pet it? i've always thought they were unique. are wallaby's kind of the same?

Yeah they can be way huge. Absolutely massive units. Had one standing next to my ute out near coober pedy (middle of nowhere) and it was almost double the height of the cabin. Bounded off and was really fast, cover a lot of ground in one leap so I have no trouble believing the legs are strong enough to cave a chest in. So yeah fighting one would be dangerous. They have this technique where they try to grab the neck or head and then standing on their tail, kick, rip and tear at the chest and belly.

They have the ability to gut you alive in one hit.

Attached: 65464.jpg (624x351, 71K)

They're basically America's deer, but potentially aggressive.

>have you ever come across a kangaroo in real life?
lol wat? Did you think they are some sort of rare mystical creature. The cunts are everywhere.

who would win, an island full of brits or one pack of roos

I don't know. I guess I thought they were scarce. they're obviously nowhere in this country so i've never seen one

Kangaroos, unlike aboriginals, survive and thrive with no government handouts.

is stuff like this common?

youtube.com/watch?v=rRddLDynsCs

Yikes

They're basically glorified deer.

Do they taste like deer?

Sounds like a party.

Yes pic related is from my home town

Attached: burger tourist.jpg (940x627, 87K)

Attached: burger tourist2.jpg (940x940, 220K)

It's a wild animal so do it at your own risk. But yea, they're pretty much everywhere here. I see them every day or two driving, occasionally find some in my yard.

To be fair, I've never actually seen a koala or platypus irl (only in a zoo). Seen quite a few wombats and echidna in my time though.

In a tourist area yes, in a non tourist area fuck no.

They taste like any gamey red meat

Attached: burger tourist3.jpg (800x430, 48K)

Hit plenty with the car

Just leave the kangas alone mate. Don't feed them. Don't pat them. Thats how they get accustomed to people. Big male kangas can be cunts, they'll stand their ground and can be pretty fucking territorial especially if they've lost that natural flee response from exposure to people.

So they're like niggers....

don't they do a lot of damage to the car or even death to the driver? I mean if I hit a deer at full speed I wouldn't make it out

Kinda like how aussies have the ability to destroy arguments in one sentence? Your just as hard as fuck.
Do abbos ever ride them. Can a aus ride them. What food do they like from tourists the most.

Depends, full speed is a sure write off if it doesnt have a bullbar.
My mate had one jump through his passenger window and tore his arm to shreds spazzing out

I had kangaroo tail soup as a kid, not sure where my dad found it in Vermont. Yum. When I traveled to Oz, while waiting for rides hitchhiking in Queensland, I'd kick their flattened hides across the road to see how far I could get them.

>What food do they like from tourists the most.
carrots

My favorite kangaroo video
youtu.be/FIRT7lf8byw

youtu.be/FIRT7lf8byw sorry this one is my favorite. Last was wrong link

Attached: australian insurance claim.png (700x499, 523K)

I ran into a kangaroo on a forest path while I was walking on my own on it at a scout camp when I was like 9 or some thing walked up to it and it didn't run away just looked at me for ages and then I walked away.

>have you ever come across a kangaroo in real life?
yep. Everytime I go camping. Also, there's a nature reserve about 10 mins from my house where I see them.

>what are they like?
They're very nice animals. Ocassionally they alert adults when children get into trouble, just like in this old tv show
m.youtube.com/watch?v=Fvo3lQ4_ya4

quora.com/Do-people-in-Australia-ride-kangaroos

Cute animal and they box with each other in an honorable way to get pussy, very alpha.

I used to get a bunch of them just down the road from my old house.
They're pretty cute from a distance, but I've never been closer than about 20m from one.