Why haven't you taken the land-ownership pill yet?

Became a land owner within the past year. Best decision of my life. Everyone should have a place to find solace and enjoy.

If you can't afford very much, starting small at 5-10 acres is a very good decision.

Attached: farm.jpg (1200x800, 1.06M)

Yea, I (((own))) lots of land, and I pay a shit ton in property tax, so....

14 ac here.

Kids play outside unsupervised. Can shoot guns on my property. Big garden, some livestock. Animals will live their entire life on my property - born here, butchered here, eaten here by my family.

It's great.

Urban areas in America are a disaster. Find some place rural, get a stay at home wife, and keep her pregnant and homeschooling your kids.

The redpill is that land ownership is a lie because the state will come and take your land the first time you refuse to pay property taxes, which never, ever stop.

>he hasn't taken the mineral rights ownership pill yet
It's like you want oil companies to drill the shit out of "your" land

Get truly redpilled and stop buying expensive land. I own 18 acres in Southern MO and I pay less than $200 a year in property tax.

this.
buy the right land in the right county and look that shit up before you buy.

>first

Americans can own mineral rights to their private land, unlike UK and Australia.

It's the closest thing you can get to freedom in the present state of humans. I hate it and will forever support the reduction of the state, but property tax isn't enough of a deterrent for me to not want to own land that I can do most anything on without government involvement.

That's what I'm talking about. Have you purchased the mineral rights to your property of does someone else own them?

I made sure to get all mineral rights to my land. Which was important, because it's an area where natural gas is common.

When I tell my foreign friends, they can't believe that Americans can own mineral rights. I feel bad for my Aussie friend who really wants to buy land but the government could come take it if anything were ever found there.

It's hard finding livable land in south central Texas that isn't expensive as hell thanks to Hill Country boomers.

And no, i'm not living close to the fucking border.

This is the dream.

That's the way to live, congrats man.

fuck off faggot.
sage

How do we get states other than Nevada to offer allodial titles? If I have to pay property tax, that means I'm still renting.

Spend a fortune for some shit tier undeveloped swampland in the middle of nowhere and pay the state everything I have left in property taxes so they can give niggers gibs and build more schools for illegal spic kids? No thanks. Land ownership lost most of its meaning once it became possible to vote without being a land owner.

Attached: 1523719945718.jpg (705x749, 44K)

>If I have to pay property tax, that means I'm still renting.

North Dakota had a state ballot measure to repeal property tax. It failed, but the people opposing it went crazy on disinfo, scaremongering, etc.

If you are in a low-population, conservative state, with high rural property taxes, you could probably make it happen.

Happy to hear you're living a comfortable life, rather obvious statement but make sure to teach your wife/children how to operate weapons

>operate weapons

thanks brazil bro

wife has a concealed weapons permit. She's also used various firearms to kill different types of pests here on the property [mostly racoons].

She isn't a gun nut like I am. However, once she moved out here, she realized that truly, help was never gone to make it in time if there was trouble. That's when she wanted her own pistol, and wanted to know how to use all of our guns.

I'm about a 4 hour drive from Fargo. If only I could find a decent paying job out there that isn't an oil field. I'm not that old, but I'm too old for that kind of work.

>I'm about a 4 hour drive from Fargo.

The salary / cost of living ratio in ND is pretty good. Fargo has a booming IT sector now, so if you do that kind of stuff, there are plenty of companies hiring.

Blue collar work is also easy to come by [I hear], and pays well. If you can show up for an honest 40 hours / week, and won't ever no-show your job, you are automatically better than a big pile of people the employment base here.

Rural homesteads near Fargo are expensive(200k minimum for small acrages), and only come up for sale infrequently, and sell quick. But if you aren't geographically tied to Fargo, land is cheaper. Red River valley is some of the most productive mass-agirculture land in the world, so its expensive land. Once you're a solid 90 minutes from Fargo, farmsteads start to become affordable.

If you can stomach minnesota state laws, farmsteads in minnesota are much cheaper, much more plentiful, and honestly, much better for small holders - more trees,hills, lakes, etc just about 30 minutes into Minnesota.

The other thing I'll say - plenty of people out here don't have awesome jobs, but they support giant families on a single middle-class income. Rural homeschooled ultra conservative families out here just make due with less fancy stuff.

I go to church with a guy who is a mechanic with 8 kids. I've never heard him complain about money.

I could buy some but I don't want to be a country boy desu. Once this housing market tanks I'm going to (((mortgage))) a place in the burbs.

I have a feeling it will tank soon, it's just insane atm.

Live in Charleston, SC, not some huge metropole an decent houses get an offer and removed from zillow within a day. No fucking thank you. I'm pretty sure there will be a recession in two years, I'm swooping in and taking a (((foreclosure))) the second it happens.

Sounds great, here in my favela me and my bros we all got weapons to defend ourselves from the po po.

I have

now give me 100k so I can buy a decent lot

>buying land
>in property tax America

good one

Yep, I am only 7 yrs away from owning my 36 acres. Yearly property tax is only $500 or less. Feels good senpai. Feels good.

Attached: 600AEEC0-D4C4-4B38-939F-569062959E1C.jpg (1856x2098, 1.24M)

How am I supposed to make money? 5-10 acres is not enough to generate a good amount of income. I need maybe 100 acres at least so that I can support myself.

Capitalist will assume all landownership when the whites are gone . Be back to the days of serfdom.

fucking brazil

That's actually not true. For industrial farming in the midwest, the optimal farm size is much larger than 100 acres. Nobody bothers with less than that amount of land any longer.

For non-industrial farming, you can be self sufficient for a family on under 1 acre. But you're hand-cutting vegetables, and ruthlessly controlling your costs, and you've got to have a well developed clientele - resturants and affluent whites who are foodies. But it's certainly doable.

Of course, most people who live in rural America don't farm their own land as their only income source. Even many "farmers" have significant off-farm income.

But if I'm not going to make a living farming, what's the purpose of owning a land?

For example, let's say I'm an engineer, I need to commute to work everyday, I can't buy land close to the city, and if I'm only going to be farming on weekends then everything will deteriorate anyway.

How am I going to send my children to school and buy necessary supplies? Some land is only okay for feeding them, it doesn't provide anything else.

Why do people jerk off to this idea of owning a land without thinking it through?

>But if I'm not going to make a living farming, what's the purpose of owning a land?

Because cities and city people are completely degenerate.

>For example, let's say I'm an engineer

Me too!

>I need to commute to work everyday

I used to do that.

>if I'm only going to be farming on weekends

Nobody says you have to do farming at all. There are all kinds of things you can do - that's the great thing about rural living - high amount of freedom.

You can rent your land to farmers in the area and get income, or you can look for low-time-input farming methods. If you have huge off-farm salary, you can buy serious tractor / equipment to make all of the jobs you do MUCH faster.

We don't do any farming at all. We have a big garden, lots of woods, and a few different types of livestock. We add and remove different things from year to year, based on what we enjoy, what worked well, what didn't, and what's going on in our life.

My wife does most of the gardening and my kids are increasingly able to help with farm chores like gathering eggs, putting out scraps, etc. I do stuff like building fences, building buildings, etc. It's weekend-warrior type stuff, but with no limits.

If you're already an engineer, its like having a real-life playground that you get to live at all the time.

>How am I going to send my children to school

You aren't. They need to be homeschooled.

>and buy necessary supplies?

Amazon Prime will still deliver in 2 days to most rural areas.

>Some land is only okay for feeding them, it doesn't provide anything else

Freedom. Flexibility. Privacy. Total separation from undesirables.

>Why do people jerk off to this idea of owning a land without thinking it through?

Sounds like you haven't actually talked to anyone that's doing it.

Already got a house in the sub(human)urbs.

Acreage is next on the list for a weekend/holiday place, something with a house might be nice but we wouldn't need it anytime soon so undeveloped land would be fine too. Would be neat to have a private camping/hunting ground and then build on it later once the kids are older and we start spending more time there.

What you are imagining is just having a large backyard. It's not becoming a landowner.

Am I missing the point? I thought this discussion was about actually about agrarianism.

Trump opened National Parks to strip miners if they want your land they will take it

>land
The OWNERSHIP pill is a lie because of the takings clause. This and the commerce clause is all it takes to fuck over america. I hate to say it, but we're at (((their))) mercy