Who's a comedian you thought was funny before you were red pilled? Few years ago I would have enjoyed George Carlin...

Who's a comedian you thought was funny before you were red pilled? Few years ago I would have enjoyed George Carlin, Bill Hicks, Louis CK and still can for the most part but when it comes to their flawed political commentary all I hear is lies. They were edgy and counter culture and already their work has aged poorly. If you said their political bits at a comedy open mic today a lot of the progressive left would laugh a long. And if you ask the most hipster left wing guy or girl in the club who their favourite comedian is they'll say Louis CK. They love him. They love his white privilege stuff and sometimes I feel like Louis CK started the SJW culture of being ashamed to be white. Even big red the feminist talked graciously about him before his masturbation incident.

Attached: 400e9e39bbe82a198f3d7fc97a1fb03a.jpg (800x450, 21K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=rCHGr4JoEZE
youtu.be/f3PJF0YE-x4
youtube.com/watch?v=0YG7SaFk33w&bpctr=1529858805
youtu.be/52E7wfoXUrc
youtube.com/watch?v=hCvyPRSDl2s
youtu.be/RHW51JGtzS4
youtube.com/watch?v=YbQ-2HxabIw
m.youtube.com/watch?v=RJ0sNZ5M1nE
archive.4plebs.org/pol/thread/128627797/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Jim Jefferies. I cringe at his political commentary now.

This. This makes me sad.

We'll always have Norm

Louis C.K. is Mexican.

Attached: Jewker.jpg (250x239, 20K)

Literally any of them that suddenly have faggy ass Libtard views, I’ll never support again.

Louis CucK is one of the worst.

Jim Norton

Patton Oswalt. More recently Tom Segura.

Bill Burr until his last netflix special where he spends 5 minutes calling Trump racist but with no punchlines or jokes of any kind. Dave Chappelle did same. I don't know if comedy has changed or if I have, or both.

It was poetic to see his self immasculating humor get to the point he started losing some fans, then to be brought down by women who at best consented to him jerking off in front of them then changed their minds.

Chapelles bit about giving Colin Kaepernick money was some embarrassing misguided shit.

>George Carlin, Bill Hicks
Libertarianism is hardly blue pilled m8? Carlin railed against censorship for the most part, and Hicks was literally the only comedian to make funny anti-war jokes in an age. Both promoted belief in the human spirit above politics.
>Louis CK
This cuckmeister became a walking advert for how success compromises a modern perfomer, his open shilling began at exactly the same time he fell in love with getting paid a shit tonne of money. It's all quite sad, really.
But as Stewart Lee observed, Bill Hicks dies into comedy legend before he had time to run out of aterial and have to do a sketch about the frustrations of booking into a motel. That having been typed, Carlin didn't compromise, so why would we believe Hick would? He'd have retired onto Infowars, truth be told. He'd be their recurring talking head discussing conspiracy theories with Alex.
Strangely enough Stewart Lee is perceived to be far left, despite being the only comedian to tell anti-ilsamic jokes on national tv. He's maintained a consistent anti-authoritarian output since the late 80s, and that includes the insanity that the Left here became.

Attached: 1529139522488.jpg (501x523, 38K)

Frankie Boyle. It's a self righteous lefty type now.

>Patton Oswalt
Oh yes, this guy, fuck this guy. Worse than Louis CK in his transformation into Establishment Shill. We might as well add Graham Lineham to the list too, he transformed alost overnight on Twitter, despite writing arguably two of the best (and apolitical) sitcoms of the 1990s.

I was at the recording of that special

Attached: 1528724739143.jpg (1024x1024, 66K)

I never understood his appeal to begin with, he always struck me as "mainstream edgy" like they needed a bad boy comic, but not too bad.

Ben Elton walked an almost opposite path, from annoyingly left wing to openly right wing reactionary, albeit not on subjects like race or lgbt. Ditto Alexi Sayle in some ways. Mind you, Sayle's communist schtick was always an exaggeration for laughs, so, whatever. Rik Mayal became right wing, he even supported UKip before it was fashionable to do so. Always liked Rik, the true king of british comedy in the 80s and 90s.

Bill Hicks actually was all over the place. Kind of hard to call him a leftist/SJW or anything of the sort. He had some liberal opinions but also had ones to counter act that as well as being anti-neocon while also pointing at the flaws of people like Bill Clinton (Hicks talked a lot about what happened in Waco, Texas.)

And the fact that Hicks was conspiracy minded about a handful of things was still very much outside of the norm for liberal comedy.

And to quote Hicks “Hitler had the right idea, he was just an underachiever.” (Hicks, screaming at a heckler at one of his small shows after ranting and calling them all kinds of names.)

He also wasn’t scared to call out a woman. He had a female heckler at one show that be basically just berated and called an attention whoring cunt and so on.

I’ve seen pretty much everything that was recorded and available of his shows and interviews.

Burr or Chappelle? How did the crowd handle it?

Carlin and Hicks were bluepilled as fuck mate. Being anticensorship is not a bold position its something any normie will unthinkingly celebrate. I would associate them with the Orwell tradition of the left which is admittedly the most respectable of the lot, but they still have no clue wtf theyre talking about most of the time and half their comedy is typical pretentious sneering.

A lot of these guys used to be funny until the SJW faggotry witch hunt started about 10-15 years ago.

Louis CK explaining the origin of the word "nigger".

youtube.com/watch?v=rCHGr4JoEZE

Attached: patrice-oneal-.jpg (600x399, 81K)

That’s what I though, he has recently came out hating white men.

George Carlin is still really funny

Attached: C7E5283D-5F37-44A2-8166-72ECD4EFA6AD.jpg (300x168, 14K)

>Being anticensorship is not a bold position
In 1960 it was m8, Jesus. We take it for granted now. You could be jailed for indecency for a comedy routine just based on the words you used, nothing else.
>typical pretentious sneering
Again, context m8? Carlin and Pryor invented modern stand up. Took it out of the gin joints and onto the big stage. Neither Carlin nor Hicks railed against the traditional family unit, for example, more goddawful parenting. True, Hicks' mentor Sa Kinnison's act was to get ridiculously angry about anything at all, yet Hicks himself was focused on themes like women mistreating men (in 1989 no less, unheard of back then) wars for oil being immoral (well, shit, yes they are, but again this was not said on stage at the time) and how the government covers up democide at places like Waco, and his personal belief that MJ12 was real (a position easy to fall into at the time, this was before Cooper put his spin on things and made us all step back and reassess the UFO phenomenon).
You're being uncharitable m8. If it wasn't for Hicks we wouldn't have conspiracy realism today. That's not even an exaggeration.

Fuck no, Bill Hicks did everything but name the Jew. His utter disdain for celebrity culture, the military industrial complex, taxes, gun control, the entire state of California. What do all those things have in (((common)))?

PC culture is anti-comedy, they have to make a living but they just come off as cowards. If theyre honest they think to themselves ‘I don’t agree with this but everyone is doing it’, but this makes them a bitch and immediately unfunny. Patrice O’neal Wasn’t a bitch.

I enjoyed the Colbert Report during the Obama years up until 2015 or so

I'm so sad and angry Patrice died so young. He was willing to name the Jew and talked about the protocols of the learned elders of zion on the air.

He was so fucking funny and so redpilled.

F

Attached: PatriceQuote.png (1366x768, 277K)

that guy sounds like a real jerk

Liberals have ruined comedy for me, as they have ruined everything else.

youtu.be/f3PJF0YE-x4

People love to watch faux rebels perform but they can rarely stomach a true rebel in real life.

Attached: 1403650620442.png (233x248, 41K)

Yes. Another one who chose big money over comedy. He was a talented chap, too. Rock's obvious influence Eddie Murphy may have softened to the point of irrelevancy in his late career, but he never turned into a shill. Ditto Steve Martin, retiring into banjo playing rather than left wing bollocks.

Ah but we can’t like Patrice we’re all nazis bro.

Tim Heidecker. The aesthetic portrays clownworld so well, the quintessential cuck Tom Peters, etc...

why do conservatives always lose their sense of humor, as is evident ITT

that's a very high price to pay

you are now all joyless incels
congrats, I guess

Part of the problem is new comedians simply have not learned their craft on stage for long enough before they enter TV and Film. There is a side-step for this route - radio - but there is precious little space left for another Gervais or Brand on air any more as radio finacing is in decline (believe it or not, Brand was genuinely hialrious on the radio).

So these fresh face funnymen (and the occasional woman) are propelled straight onto the screen, are utterly out of their depth, and reach for the most obvious crowd/producer friendly political jokes. The positive reinforcement of having a studio audience laugh on cue at the tone of your sentence (pause, laugh here) is deadly to developing actual comic timing or material.

It doesn't help that the vast majority of live comedy events are grubbing for extra money in the form of grants for being diverse and supporting queers and the like, so the chances of you being invited back if you mock these themes is zero. Basically, we need to open our own venues if we want to uncuck live comedy. In the meantime, we have anonymous shitposting, the beating heart of comedy today.

Attached: 1526780984856.png (248x418, 60K)

Doug Stanhope :( :( :(
At least we still have Norm. :)

>Doug Stanhope
What? Impossible. Really?

Burr. Since it was in Nashville, crowd was a mix of conservatives and inner city hipsters. The hipsters thought it was hilarious and the conservatives kinda chuckled in a "yeah he's right but I also don't give a shit" kind of way

Hicks was pretty on point. He hated everyone and said we should be in space.
He said, and I quote, "Hitler had the right idea, he was just an underachiever."

Bill burr is hiding his power level.
Screen cap this

>Who's a comedian you thought was funny before you were red pilled?

Eddie Izzard. Holy shit did he go off the lib end, not that he wasn't from the start.

He’s always been a poseur, bloke was an opera singer for fucks sake, that’s pretty fucking gay. Hairdresser tier

And that's why he married a radical feminist black lady who cucks him at clubs right?

Attached: 1528922081732.jpg (1242x2208, 147K)

Bill burr, jim jefferies, daniel tosh,

It is impossible to reconcile those early brilliant comedy albums and what he has descended to these days. Just goes to show transgenderism is a serious mental illness.

Attached: Eddie-Izzard-stolen-hat.jpg (674x400, 67K)

God i hate him, does nothing but bitch about America despite staying here instead of going to Australia to annoy his own people.

Interesting.
I knew Rik became right leaning, didn’t know about Sayle or Elton though. I never would’ve predicted either

Hitler, Hitler was funny.

Fuck that cunt, you keep him we’re full

Elton got viciously attacked in the press for the perceived change in direction. He was the whipping boy of panel show comedians throughout the 90s. All he did was to move sideways into West End musicals, some of which were ace, The Beautful Game was outstanding. Then he thought, "fuck it" and repositioned himself as a grumpy reactionary (but not against race replacement and lgbt of course). Sayle has had more career changes and political shifts than anyone in that loose group than I can think of, and even so I still rate Alexi Sayle's Stuff as one of the best comedy shows of its time. The annoyingly Left Wing content would be labelled Far Right today.

And Rik was always great. So head and shoulders about everyone else. Of course he'd promote meritocracy. He suffered for it professionally though, they really would not cast him on TV shows for his support of British businesses. The iron grip they have over what gets on screen is quite alarming. It's not like he was advocating gassing the jews. But I guess the EU bribed all of our media companies so much money that even the threat of someone straying off message was too big a risk.

Tosh is and has been for a long time one of us. Jow Forums on a whole has written half his acts. He lurked here for years and years.

>George Carlin
that's a big one
he was alright, had some good observational humor but holy fuck he was bluepilled

He's a Mexican Jew isn't he?

youtube.com/watch?v=0YG7SaFk33w&bpctr=1529858805

I don't watch standup comics anymore. They're totally ruined for me. Maybe the only ones worth watching now are Tom Papa, Kevin James, and maaybbeee Jim Gaffigan, but he strikes me as somewhat of a cuck in his routines. I used to like Ron White, but the trailer trash schtick wears thin real quick. I'd say Bill Burr, but, you know, I cannot believe how off the deep end he went in the last couple of years.

yea he went from comedian i really admired to the host of CNN with a laughtrack variant 13

>Carlin and Pryor invented modern stand up.
The Britbong comes with the facts. You young pups could learn a thing or two.

Bill Burr is a degenerate. He trashes the Notre Dame cathedral in France. Doesn't even bother to go in because of all the evil that went on in there.

I'd put Cosby in there, too, for inventing modern standup. His couple or few albums from the late 60s early 70s are absolutely hysterical. Poor guy went completely off the rails with his rapey shit. I've never understood why guys do that. You could have anyone in the world to do your perversions with, but you choose to do it illegally.

Bill Burr, Louis CK, Ricky Gervais and Carlos Mencia.

I've never heard that before. You win the best link on pol award today.

Read it again slowly you dumb leaf

Attached: image.jpg (640x1136, 376K)

Genuinely depressing user.

>I feel like Louis CK started the SJW culture of being ashamed to be white.

That's because you;'re a little kid. People have been pointing shit like that out for a long time. And Louis wasn't saying to be ashamed to be white, he was just poking fun at shit.
You ARE a SJW, you're too up your own ass to see it, but you are no different at all, same hysterical shrieking over how somebody made a wrongthink so now you can't even

Oh sure, he turned that vaudeville interlude of "compere telling a long story in parts in between acts" into a full show. Drugging and raping white girls aside, he was one of the very best. There are Cosby monologues that are utterly timeless, and had the controversy not happned, would have made new audiences laugh for centuries to come. Cosby's routines about being a medic in Vietnam are fucking priceless cultural artifacts on top.

Yet he was too right wing for the status quo - how dare you suggest the problem with the black community is the black community - and so they attacked en masse the second he showed any sort of weakness. Can't have a nigger straying off the plantation, now, can we? That's not condoning rape, of course, but had he shilled for the jews that would never ever have come to light.

Larry the cable guy

It's losing voices like his that have brought us to this current racial divide. Truely F

The only decent stand ups Australia made were Rodney Rude and Kevin Bloody Wilson.
The rest were/are all cheap copies of American stand up and deeply deeply cucked

Patrice's death and Opie & Anthony's split destroyed that entire world of comedy
without their guidance all those guys became faggots, victims to the mainstream

Attached: patrice o'neal.jpg (560x700, 59K)

My God, yes. I used to love Jeffries. Then politics crept into his act and it physically pains me how cringe and virtue signally it is compared to the really edgy shit he used to do.

Took a while to find.
Sayle was making shit like Saladfingers decades ago.
His take on Gilbert and George always made me giggle
youtu.be/52E7wfoXUrc

This and Doug Stanhope

bill cosby tells me to pull my pants up but at least i ain't a rapist -hannibul buress

in fact add him to the list for sure. Listening to him chimp out at sam harris(and i'm not even a sam fanboy at all) was pretty disheartening.

George Carlin is the rick and morty of comedians. He just channels the angsty reddit teenager in a way that makes retarded lemmings glee for joy because someone is vocalizing something that they were too retarded to do.

eddie murphy

I used to love bill burr until I realised he married a nigger and owns a pitbull

Yes! It was a recurrent sketch that just kept getting more absurd and funnier. That and Drunk In Time were stand outs, but even his "communist" rants in Stuff were basically what Jow Forums promotes: common sense meritocracy.
youtube.com/watch?v=hCvyPRSDl2s

sad to see a bunch of kids talk about creating modern standup and nobody talking about lenny bruce. That guy was literally persecuted by catholics in law enforcement for his comedy.

Watch some of the documentaries about him. Funny how the enemies of comedy change over the years but always attack using the same tactics.

Lol yes.

Lenny Bruce doesn’t fit op criteria he never sold out.
In fact in later years his entire ranting show was simply Jow Forums

Fuck you, full. He's one of you; you own up to your problem!

Yeah nah no poofters

Life just becomes "less sarcastic" when you're a right winger, because you become real. So humor that worked on you before no longer works. You're deprogrammed from this whole "let's self-flagellate and mock ourselves all day for the original sin of whiteness and maleness," and everything starts to look different.

Even the Family Guy and the Simpsons, which many of us enjoyed in our youth, it has that whole trope of the males being dumb, dumb dad, dumb son, and the stronk, intelligent wymin who make all the big decisions and fix everything. Once you can see through it all, it's just not funny anymore. You develop a new sense of humor. We laugh as we deconstruct and humiliate them just as they us.

Attached: 1522796251159.png (1188x1080, 227K)

Also
youtu.be/RHW51JGtzS4

Under the circumstances, Cosby's decline in "I'll say whatever you want me to" was inevitable. Such a shame, and yeah, why did he do that given he could have fucked any women he wanted, or hired the prettiest white hookers in LA?

I'm going to add Lenny Henry to the list, but britbongs may not appreciate he was hilariously funny and quite edgy in his early career, so his name may appear as overly obvious. Another victim of Red Nose Day creating a messiah complex, I fear. Same with Billy Connelly, almost the perfect stand up comedian until he got the saviour complex from the same annual event. As Mark Thomas wryly observed: if everyone involved with Red Nose Day gave up cocaine for Africa all of their problems would be paid for and fixed. Good old Mark, he and Rob Newmann are the only two far left comedians who walk the walk, and I massively respect them for that, putting their vast money where their big mouths are time and time again. If you have to be annoyingly left wing, lead by example like those two guys. I have a lot of time for both, even if they sit diametrically opposite from me on whatever political scale it is.

This. Imaging Hicks going through 9/11. Also watch his last performance, he was about to transform to another level. "Hitler was an underachiever. KILL THEM ALL."

>all I hear is lies

They're not telling lies. They honestly believe their silly bile. They absolutely believe the rhetoric.

Norton's turned into a literal cocksucking faggot. I used to love Jimmy, he was so quick as the third mic on O&A.
This
This
Burr's such a cucked self hating white I get second hand embarrassment just listening to him
And that

Attached: eXUZ0uycJb1dkWKVQLgwKJhDWNlPmqc3W0iXeGisGc8.png (576x768, 516K)

I used to love comedy like this, good times. youtube.com/watch?v=YbQ-2HxabIw

Me too. What happened to lil jimmy? Did the jokes get to him around the same time he started getting a little more fame?

It really does get to the point where the taint seems to be in everything.

I think some do and some don't. I don't know which is more cynical though, thinking they're dumb enough to believe the shit they're peddling, or whorish enough to take money for propagandising.

Attached: 1529176524977.jpg (791x795, 109K)

Fuck you nigger Patrice was the best

Painful to watch. Civ-nats will defend that.

O&A didn't split, Ant was fired. The breakup was inevitable, Opie was getting worse with being completely self unaware of his unfunniness and injecting himself cringingly into everything for attention instead of "steering the ship", Ant's alcoholism has been out of control for a while now and his closeted homosexual tendencies causing internal screaming in his father's voice has been driving him over the edge for years now. Along with being a pedo.

Attached: 1515346847775.png (1170x1251, 78K)

The younger (or stupid) anons thinks it's edgy to bash Hicks, I've seen it way to many times.

This. He was also pretty much the only media voice at all to bring attention to the whole Elsagate/YouTube creepy pedophilia thing

I have huge respect for Mencia's post 911 show. It's almost a double album, he performs in front of about a dozen people, annd there's a huge patriotic surge throughout the routine at a time when that sort of thing was utterly verbotten in stand up. He puts 911 into context for an audience still reeling from the event, and tells some of his very best improvised jokes. But, of course, he soon declined the second he got his own TV show, resorting to stealing jokes and generally toning everything right down.

Ditto the masterpiece that is "The Day The Laughter Died" by Andrew Dice Clay, basically it's him dying on his ass during a New Year's Eve show, with an audience comprising of about six people wandering in and out of the performance area. A truer snapshot of the sorry life as a stand up there has never been released to the public. Not even Stanhope's early work goes as far.

The One and Only

m.youtube.com/watch?v=RJ0sNZ5M1nE

>Bill Hicks
archive.4plebs.org/pol/thread/128627797/

Funny how the rate a comedian glorifies degeneracy (I love drugs and buttplugs), vulgarity (the lady that won't blow me is a cunt), and edgy shock humor (just kill yourself asshole) has a positive correlation with how hard they push cucked leftist talking points. Part of it is, they're protected from backlash because they play to the tune of liberal pipers, part of it is they'really conditioning leftists that impulsive vulgarity and politics go together.