If you worked for 80k a year (90th percentile) for 20 years and didn't spend a dime, you would only have 1.6mil

if you worked for 80k a year (90th percentile) for 20 years and didn't spend a dime, you would only have 1.6mil...

isn't that a very small sum of money to waste 20 fucking years for?

Attached: 1529907848717s.jpg (250x244, 5K)

Depends on why you work.

Were you lugging boxes? Or were you building/designing systems used by millions of people?

Once you have a family you will understand better. It’s not about hoarding and making a number go higher. Life is about finding the people you care about and providing for them and they providing for you.

this is why I'm a neet

in practical terms, as long as you have shelter and food, there is no reason to work. your life won't significantly improve until you make $250k a year. unless you're clearing that much you might as well stay home.

Nigga I also bet you use life potions in videogames instead of hoarding them in your inventory... This is not how you beat the jews

No point to making a ton of money anyways. Work a job either abroad or from your computer where you can feed yourself, buy vidya, and get some nice whisky. That’s what I’m doing

Use your money, to make money. It takes money to make money. The more money you have, the more power you hold to capture more. Be a rent seeker. Retire your grandchildren.

Attached: shootdog.jpg (433x265, 20K)

>potions
>Minecraft

I'll give you a reply to redeem yourself.

The point is after inflation and life expenses, you're not going to have shit for retirement or your children. It's a losing battle.

And oh yeah, don't forget to subtract taxes from that 1.6 as well.

I’ll hit 65 in 2060, betting on either being dead or society being completely different in such a way as to make planning pointless. Besides, you yourself have said that boomer-style retirement planning is out of reach for us.

Only people with mildly small penises say things like this.

Does it matter? As long as you can raise children your life is not wasted.

>Not understanding compound interest.

At 6% annual interest you will have about 3 million after 20 years.

slide it

lolol
He would still have to pay taxes and other bills, expenses.

ignore the Frogs
their kids aren't theirs and the government won't even let them prove it

m8 you don't even understand inflation.

where the fuck do you get 6% annual interest.
what fund, what stock, what bond, name it.

Idk about burgers or other countries but in leafland we have a government sponsored savings account that is basically sheltered from taxes, meaning if you invest 10k and it grows to 100k its sheltered. Contribution this year is 5.5k I think, but if you didn't deposit in previous years you can still contribute. Thanks Harper!

Basic S&P 500 ETF yielded minimum 10% return per year you dumb maple nigger

We have the same thing, but dumb neets on Jow Forums obviously don't know that. I can't completely fault them though, their parents' are probably either poor or just spent all of their money on boats and trash.

Why didn’t you invest your money you idiot

I’m in the 90th percentile? No way

Some REITs are well above 10% dividends. ANH is above 10% and Vanguard OPP is over 6% YTD.

Boomer investments are doing better than my crypto bags so far this year.

Is that brendan “jewish finger in asshole” fraser ?

Ignorance breeds ignorance

My 3k went to 40k and now sits at around 3.3k. I could'vw invested in "dude weed lmao xD" stocks and be sitting on 15k. Oh well

the stock market will crash and it will last 40 years

good luck with that "risk free" money