Why did so many Germanics settle the midwest while the anglos stayed on the coast?

Why did so many Germanics settle the midwest while the anglos stayed on the coast?

Attached: 800px-Census-2000-Data-Top-US-Ancestries-by-County.svg.png (800x593, 368K)

Other urls found in this thread:

gutenberg.org/ebooks/31709?msg=welcome_stranger
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/House_of_Saxe-Coburg_and_Gotha
youtube.com/watch?v=AIZgw09CG9E
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Tell me Jow Forums

I don't give a shit about the rest of America outside of Little Finland.

t. Pasty-eating Yooper.

Because many of them wanted to be farmers on land that was their own, something denied to them in their German homelands. Anglos settled virtually everywhere in the country and dominated much of local politics throughout the American territories. Germans just wanted their 40 acres so they could raise cattle, plow their fields by day and plow their wives by night. Compare this to the Italians who stayed almost exclusively in metropolitan areas like New York, Chicago, New Orleans, etc. They came from overcrowded cities but remained in the cities because they did not want to be farmers, they just wanted a better life for their kids and to them civilization was in the big city, so they've essentially stayed in and around cities on the east coast and later moved to cities like Las Vegas and Los Angeles.

I honestly have no idea why Scandinavians flocked to Minnesota and that region of the country.

Also keep in mind this map only shows you the most numerous result, it doesn't show you the next four or five entries.

Attached: 123456574354674674.png (1322x722, 803K)

>tfw Staten Island

God why did I have to be born an Italian NIGGER? Every other white person looks white in the sun and I’m still permanently tanned.

Attached: 8246436A-9D20-46CB-914D-12EDF00D6201.jpg (1280x720, 65K)

Becasue Anglos are scared little bitches. GERMANIC MASTER RACE

Oh Jesus, Britain begat Commiefornia.
I know Britain has done some shit in the past and is doing a lot wrong now.
But nothing will top making California.
A side note, when someone says 'American' in one of those studies they are typically Anglos.

love seeing at least little bits of my people in iowa and michigan

Anglos are in the Midwest, they just got demographically swamped by germaniggers.

t. Anglo-German

Whats little Finland?

The Norwegians went to Northern Minnesota because that land was cheap, the climate familiar, and there was already a whole bunch of Norwegians there so the rest of them moved to the area. The Germans stayed in the southern area where there was actually good land. You can see this difference Outline by the fact that the Wisconsin Lutheran Synod which is largely German in ethnicity has practically no presence in northern Minnesota outside of Brainerd and Fargo

central and eastern europeans had the skill to tame the land even the french.. the anglos were a sea faring people and kinda sucked at large scale farming

All of my american ancestors were homesteaders. Homestead acts were in large part why Germans and Scandinavians continued to populate the midwestern/ western areas. The Homestead Acts were several United States federal laws that gave an applicant ownership of land, typically called a "homestead," at no cost.

My man

I should add that these acts were enacted starting in the 1860's, and the largest influx of German immigrants to the U.S. was from 1840-1880. Germans also continued to emigrate the the 20th century as well. I would assume because the anglos had already settled along the eastern seaboard they had established themselves there.

North Western Upper Peninsula of Michigan. Everybody's last name ends in inenenenen and we even have Finlandia University in Hancok, MI.

"Finn Fests" happen every summer; it's a fun little stuck in 1939 Finland romanticized version of the fatherland.

Oh, and we have a little exclave of Little Finland in the Lower Peninsula called Kaleva.

Why do Americans not understand what Germanic means and why do they all think they're 100% pureblooded Germans?

If you have a single immigrant ancestor please leave my country.
My ancestors were all colonists, while yours are leeching immigrants

Attached: 1americans.jpg (408x560, 44K)

It doesn't mean pure blooded.
And they don't know what Germanic means because they are retarded

Attached: GermanGermanic.png (670x680, 123K)

The continental climate reminded them of home. Also good soil for growing grapes, in Mo we have an area nicknamed "Rhineland" where german immigrants made a lot of wine.

Fair enough, the blood part is that Americans seem to claim they're "German American" (more than any other group) because they have some blood, or they have a last name that they think is German without actually knowing and ignoring the rest of their blood. They just pick their favourite percentage that gets them brownie points and go with it. I would argue this is where the "hurr i'm 1/130 cherokee" shit comes from also.

Here's something nice for you all to read up on.
gutenberg.org/ebooks/31709?msg=welcome_stranger

because they are continental landlocked scum and like living that way, anglos liking the sea and finns liking lakes etc

>They just pick their favorite percentage that gets them brownie points and go with it
This is very true kek

If you identify as a foreign country you should be fucking gassed.
And its only the people that have immigrant ancestors that do that.
Even those in that claim colonial German ancestry aren't trying to claim anything to do with modern germany, they are talking about the Germans that settled America.
Its the immigrants, many of who are Catholic, that claim allegiances to modern day Germany, Italy and Ireland, and they should be fucking deported

Funny enough, we have the Järvi River here in Little Finland and it empties into Lake Superior at Gay, Michigan.

Resources drew the toughest and most intelligent inland.

At least along the Appalachian Mountain range, I guarantee those people are majority Scots-Irish/Ulster Scots. That region has historically been the major Scots-Irish hub for the US, even before the Revolution.

Because the coasts were prosperous, thriving, intellectually pioneering hubs of domestic and international trade.
The midwest was hundreds of thousands of square miles of nice farming land, perfect for socially awkward Germanic christian sects fleeing what they thought of as a decadent, degenerate, anti-christian (their version of it at least) European continent. It's not a surprise such groups didn't settle in huge numbers on the American coastal communities, they probably considered such places just as bad if not worse in terms of social character as the European societies they fled from.

Attached: 1520058649151.png (850x474, 256K)

>socially awkward Germanic christian
WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG
The German Protestants fleeing moved to New York, Pennsylvania and the Carolinas in 1700's (pic related is Lutherans in 1850).
The people in the Midwest descend from immigrants, and many of them are Catholic.

Attached: Lutheran map.jpg (458x599, 66K)

This.
However I have no problem with people identifying as Cajun or Pennsylvania Dutch or similar groups as those are distinctly American identities

The only place in Europe that is continental is Russia. Everything West of Russia is coastal climate. In the Midwestern United States, the temperature ranges from forty degrees in the summer to negative twenty degrees in the winter.

and its beautiful

Where my Czech-Americans at?

Attached: index.jpg (259x194, 12K)

Those are Moravian anonku

Attached: 1521665651368.jpg (1080x600, 48K)

There's a Polish and Ukrainian enclave in Hamtramck, MI (getting replaced by Iraqis) and there's an Albanian enclave in Toledo, OH (getting replaced by Somalis) but I've never heard of a Czech enclave.

The South is mostly populated by people descended from colonial Americans, while the north is populated by descendents of immigrants.
Pic related is this map without non-whites. As you can see, the "American" is more than just the appalachians

Attached: map.png (960x550, 580K)

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/House_of_Saxe-Coburg_and_Gotha

Moravians are a subset of Czechs

cuz they are bullies

Attached: Eternal neighbours.png (500x1274, 286K)

I don't care if someone calls them self Cajun or Pennsylvania Dutch either but just curious, what about people who identify as Yankees?

It's not that simple anonku
They sure are like pepiks but they speak diffirent dialect and got a slighty diffirent culture from pepiks.

Attached: slovakia.jpg (1000x740, 221K)

The weather, you simpleton fuck.

>when you can trace your ancestor back to Revoluntionary War era South Carolina
Feels good man.

Attached: image.jpg (502x502, 41K)

just means either Northernor of American, depending on definition
I speak a Southeastern American dialect of English with strong influences from General American dialect of english but that doesn't make me not Anglo

My mom immigrated from Germany and I can guarantee she contributes more to this country than you inbred hicks.

Tell me, friends. What is the most English place in America?

Attached: 1494098928131.jpg (500x534, 68K)

She doesn't contribute, she just leeches off the society we built
Please leave, I'm sure the good people of Hamburg would love to have you back

This is total bullshit. Americans have not been here all that long. The vast majority of people know when threads of their families came here and from whence. Quit being anti-American eurofag. Most of my lineage arrived in 1840-1900 from Ireland and Austria (western Poland). One thread is British and is related to a president so I can trace that one back to the middle ages by googling it.

Tangier Island, Virginia
Here is their accent
youtube.com/watch?v=AIZgw09CG9E

>German yeoman farmers tame the interior
>(((merchant))) Anglos need to be close to coasts and ports

that's your answer

better go now, it's literally sinking.

t. Virginia fag

>when you can't trace your ancestors further than 1422 because your lovely neighbours burned most of your country archives and libraries.
feels bad man

Attached: Różal.jpg (860x512, 49K)

>he can't trace his lineage back to the Jamestown colony

Get out of my country.

Careful boyo, we Irish invented the brawl.

please leave
we don't want you here

this also that the krauts came later and therefore settled in unsettled areas

They were giving away land there, thats how half my people came here. We came here for the gibs, and to get away from jews

>meme flag
are you going to start posting reddit tier memes about a war you lost faggot?

Where's here? Sweden, faggot?

at least my ancestors were fighting while yours were chimping out in new york

Harder workers, harder people.

Providence, Rhode Island is culturally closest. But most of Maine and New Hampshire is ethnically closer.

I never disputed that in any shape or form, i said Americans pick their favourite percentage and go with it based on what gets them (You)'s in whatever situation they're in. If it's only the "what they think they are" part then thats fine but i've seen many Americans think they're x based purely on their last name and it turns you're they're not that or barely that. The main point is Americans like to LARP as purebloods by picking a percentage they like the most. Don't get so defensive because i questioned something, it's not anti-American to point out something.

Attached: 1524615382972.png (1901x712, 545K)

My parents came to the USA by way of New York City but we moved down South shortly after I was born and I grew up in the Southern US. I think immigrants tend to move where they can find work and opportunities, and then when they get tired of that they just go home. That's if they come from decent First World countries. Most immigrants these days would probably just join a gang.

I'm not entirely sure why we even call ourselves immigrants since we're basically 2 different groups who live under different rules and conditions. We should call ourselves pioneers instead, because that's what we are. I guess it would be more appropriate to say that's what we were.

>We Irish
Case in point

Attached: 1488988562240.jpg (440x440, 21K)

>Americans
Specifically the ones descended from immigrants I.e. aren’t even real Americans

Gee I wonder if it could be because those environments resembled those respective race's original environments.
Like if island people liked the coast and forest people liked the forest.

Lebensraum

Utah is probably the most ethnically British

germans like to be miserable/ are all masochists.

MFW living in Central NC

Attached: William_Wallace.jpg (1920x1080, 229K)

Mormons converted a lot of Scandinavians and Germans who then moved to Utah/Idaho

Mormons are the ones who trace their ancestry to baptize their dead ancestors (yes really). They're not the most English, they're just the most knowledgeable about their ancestry
Plenty of plastic Paddies who want to be Irish because it's cool but their surnames reveal their Anglo roots

Anglos are Germanic you nigs, they're literally from Saxony, Jutland and Frisia
Britain has celts and germanics, no such thing as an Anglo

sharts are this retarded

Attached: 1525819298300.png (866x900, 406K)

Most of those are Anglos who have some German ancestry who think they're German for some retarded reason. Anyways, Germans are steppeniggers but Anglos are seaniggers, so it makes sense.

Pennsylvania Dutch were a mistake.

America is legitimately a Germanic country, Hail Hitler.

this

North Carolina here. Male line ancestor was a Colonel for the Continentals.

100% agree

>Anglos are Germanic you nigs, they're literally from Saxony, Jutland and Frisia
>Britain has celts and germanics, no such thing as an Anglo
Lower Saxony, and Anglos are a real thing you fucking macaque.
Germanic, yes, German? No, we are not Prussniggers.

>we Irish
t. 1/32 Irish American who ancestors were English Planters

Farmers.

Providence is only 30% white (not a joke), they're not English at all

I believe he’s mostly Irish.
He’s just as subhuman.
Regardless he should be gassed and his body sent back to cork, America isn’t only for true Americans

Anglos are just a mix of celts and germans, they're not their own thing

>I should care about a country that stopped giving a shit about me a hundred years ago
Fuck off, retard

Attached: 1519252528680.gif (149x181, 836K)

Because they came after the Anglos. All nice areas in the East were taken and land in the Midwest was cheap and good for farming. You just had to have the work ethic of a German. It was a pretty good deal, also the Lutherans set up camp there.

I've got family in Iowa. I think they were mostly farming people and we've got great farmland in the Midwest.

To me it makes sense that German farmers would want to seek out the best American farmland.

America doesn't care about your family, they don't care about your race, and in fact, they are actively working to undermine it. There is no reason to be loyal to this machine of a state.

laughing at all the hate for americans acknowledging german heritage

it bugs you europoors so much but i'll never understand why

i can only guess it is because your ancestors were the losers who stayed home and made nothing of themselves ('townies' is probably the closest word for them) while ours came to wilderness and built a whole new world and that you're jealous of it, but it's only a guess

Attached: dfsjkldf.jpg (640x400, 98K)

Most of our great grandparents are from Europe, you fucking retard. We know pretty damn well what our genes are. But no, in your meme world, everyone who comes to America magically becomes 1/10000 of every ethnicity within a few generations. Kys

>most of my grandparents are from Europe
Europe isnt a country you fucking mong

The Chad Irishman who stayed home and fought for freedom

VS

The virgin, coward, american diaspora who ran away from the fight like a little bitch

Same applies for the germans who fought against the Soviets VS the diaspora that fought WITH the commies

>not reading what i said at all
>assume mutt meme
Good god.

>all these carolina fags
purest son of the revolution from Revolutionary War era Virginia

Attached: ancient egyptian.png (543x600, 487K)

He thinks all his grandparents coming from Europe means something lmao

Pure German blood, have a polish grandad, Bosnian grandmother, Spanish grandfather and German grandmother! All from Europe!