Why is the history of Rhodesia not taught in the West?

Why is the history of Rhodesia not taught in the West?

Attached: rhodesian-memorial-036.jpg (750x513, 256K)

Other urls found in this thread:

nytimes.com/2018/04/10/magazine/rhodesia-zimbabwe-white-supremacists.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

OP here, for some context I was born in zimbabwe(left in 2002 when I was quite young) and I've noticed that whenever I tell people I'm from Africa they're baffled and don't realize that hundreds of thousands of whites used to live in Zimbabwe and the idea of us living there is just unfathomable to most Americans.

Give us ignoramuses a quick rundown

Pic has the extremely long version, here is the extremely short version:
>1888
whites arrive and conquer Matabeleland and Mashonaland, renaming it Northern and Southern Rhodesia, after Cecil Rhodes, the guy in charge of the British South Africa Company
>early 1900s
Land is developed and becomes one of the most prosperous colonies in africa due to the fact that the colonists and the natives worked together to build infrastructure, create jobs, and extend education throughout the colony
>1923
in a referendum, the rhodesian people reject a proposal to join the Union of South Africa and therefore become a self-governing colony, the first of its kind
>1939
So many Rhodies, both black and white, enlist in the british military that many are turned down because the manpower entirely depletes the colony
>1945
Hundreds of thousands of soldiers are offered significant farmland in Rhodesia to boost the agricultural output, this forces lots of blacks onto new land where they can still practice subsistence farming or have the option to become overseers of the new commercial farms
>1950
"winds of change" start seeing african nationalist movements call for decolonization
>1960s
Every single other african country gains independence, and immediately falls into ruin after decimating their local white population
>1965
The Rhodesian government headed by Ian Smith sees this troubling trend, and unilaterally declares independence from Britain to stave off majority rule, supported by the black and white middle class of the country(which were about equal in size)
>1965-1979
The Rhodesian government fights a decisive military campaign against hardline communist guerillas in ZANU and ZAPU, the two "african nationalist" groups that are being trained by North Korea, China, and the Soviet Union and are hardline marxists
will cont if anyone is interested

Attached: History of Rhodesia.png (732x2251, 414K)

bump

Yes please. Why did it fail.

International pressure. Despite winning(with substantially high terrorist casualties compared to the Rhodesians) the entire international community condemned Rhodesia due to the ill-conceived idea that the state was racist.

The west imposed significant sanctions that destroyed the country, and the Apartheid South African government left us following the Carnation revolt in Portugal, which forced that nation to give up her african possessions. With no allies and no means of support except from internal production, the government was forced to give in to the british demands, which installed Robert Mugabe as president, who went on to absolutely ruin everything the Rhodesians accomplished.

Attached: What is a Rhodesian.jpg (528x960, 82K)

last bump, genuinely curious if any americans or euros have input on this

I was never taught about rhodesia in my school even when one entire year was dedicated about the history of africa. I only know about rhodesia because of Jow Forums

Second it, continue please, very interesting

>one entire year was dedicated about the history of africa.
Where was this? I went to high school in Florida and we didn't have that, that said I had AP history and I know for a fact that it wasn't in the curriculum. I actually confronted my teach about it and he told me it's suspiciously omitted, and he wanted to talk about it but wasn't allowed to.

Rhodesia makes whites look tough, smart and badass and our white hating schools can't have that.

Attached: nig_death.png (325x865, 27K)

Its because it would break the anti-white brainwashing agenda set up within the schools curiculum.
Its more or less a hotwire route in the brain that turns white into right.

More or less nailed it, makes the nigger icon nelson mandela out to be what he truly is as well, a fucking terrorist.

AP World is jewed as fuck but there's no reason your teacher wouldn't have been able to talk about it privately.

Because it's a tiny place in an unimportant part of the world, and there are far more important stories in the history of decolonization

Or the Jews

Racism

>wouldn't have been able to talk about it privately.
Oh that's not what I meant, we discussed it privately at length - he's a really smart guy
>there are far more important stories in the history of decolonization
such as?

>Operation dingo
the leaf gets it

Because (((THE JEWS))) want to kill the white race! Obviously!!

Because they are irrelevant.

America is acountry founded and run by jews. Sorry to hear that you got moved there so young. Hope you can escape
one day!

bump

Iran
India
Indonesia
South Africa

What's the counter argument to the content of this article?
>Rhodesia was Racist, apartheid state
>Zimbabwe National Liberation Army was only painted as communists by Rhodesian officials to appeal to Washington DC
>Zimbabwe National Liberation Army only wanted voting rights
>It's racist, white nationalist ideology to support Zimbabwe reverting back to the way Rhodesia was (Make Zimbabwe Rhodesia Again)

nytimes.com/2018/04/10/magazine/rhodesia-zimbabwe-white-supremacists.html

This, and it showed what happens when whites are ruled by a black majority. The contrast between when the whites ran the country and whem the blacks took over is so fucking stark its unbelievable. Blacks simply cannot build or run a functioning country.

Attached: DFJkPjiUIAEzMr-.jpglarge.jpg (500x522, 59K)

We'd have to cut time out of Holocaust class.

i was taught nelson mandela was a hero in school.

This also

It was the worst fucking decision in the world to give control of the SA and Rhodesian governments to the indigenous populace. They weren't integrated into the society and did not understand political structure. The leaders they chose (or that took power) ruined the entire country and now we just think of Africa as an entirely fucked continent.

Because telling people that a bunch of whites got BTFO by their black counterparts would hurt the white supremacists in AmeriKKKA