So the US lost it's iconic motorcycle manufacturer because of Trump's Trade War

So the US lost it's iconic motorcycle manufacturer because of Trump's Trade War.

.....is America Great yet?

Attached: Harley Davidson.jpg (1920x1080, 220K)

Other urls found in this thread:

cnn.com/2018/06/25/politics/trump-harley-davidson/index.html
youtube.com/watch?v=Hi4qVd6E_Ec
youtube.com/watch?v=xnEZTXctd4c
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>Article
cnn.com/2018/06/25/politics/trump-harley-davidson/index.html

Only boomers will care. Fuck boomers, they got us in to this mess

Pft why is it only non Americans who care about Harley. Nobody here fucking likes Harleys except mongrel prison gangs and failed boomers.

Is that true, or did you hear it on CNN?

(((Davidson)))

It's false or at least extremely intentionally misleading. American Harleys will still be manufactured in America. Harleys exported to foreign markets will now be made in Europe rather than America.

its no wonder HD is in the fucking dirt when they make decisions like this.

We're talking about a motorbike firm and the trade war. And jobs.

IMPORTANT stuff.

Nobody mentioned CNN. It has no relevance.

So don't come into this thread and SPAM us.

It a company moves its jobs offshore to offset its costs and continue to make profit without regard for its local consumers, that’s a betrayal to its own people and nation that supported its creation. It is not a fault of Trump that traitors act like traitors. Trump is standing up for his people.

Let Harley suffer the consequences of its miopicness and let justice prevail.

Which I think is a good policy. I have no issue with "if you want to sell it here, make it here". Ergo, I have no issue with Harley setting up shop to avoid tariffs. Also note this is to avoid EU tariffs, not Trump tariffs.

I want to like Harley but they don't make a bike that fits my riding style.

The curious thing is that Trump accused HD of surrendering.

Really? When he started this war, did he get every CEO on board? Did they all volunteer to take a hit for him?

HD and every other public firm is responsible to its SHAREHOLDERS, not to Disastrous Donny. There will be a lot more offshoring from them, and whining from him, then he will back down and LOSE once more.

Let the foreigners have HarleyDavidson. Maybe the jackasses who ride harleys will follow to a new homeland.

Also, America won't be great until Session unseals the indictments.

Attached: sessions2.jpg (600x500, 91K)

>tfw i get a job at hd, a cheap bike and a gf all because drumpf is an idiot
Thanks Americans

Attached: sportster-roadster-marquee.jpg (1260x945, 277K)

Harley Davidon's are Boomer Bikes. They are very expensive with shit aethetics, all show and no go. They still use fucking pushrods and their engine design hasn't changed from the '40s. All they care about is being loud "tough guys". The exhaust note of the Harley has been trademarked. Even their electric bike prototype has speakers that make the fucking exhaust sound.
Everything South Park said about them is true, but they only scratched the surface.

youtube.com/watch?v=Hi4qVd6E_Ec

US firms have been offshoring for thirty years.

You can call it "treason" but the plain truth is, they're not breaking any laws. In thirty years neither political side has made this illegal.

And why not?

Because America is owned and run by corporations, not by human beings. This makes money for them, therefore, America allows it.

China can have those boomermobiles. Let the chinks crash their Chinese made Harleys into sink holes and under dump truck wheels.

You should be buying a Japanese sports bike with the latest technology and putting your elbow down on those corners.

Attached: 2014-honda-cbr1000rr-sp-19.jpg (2000x1155, 214K)

Harley Davidson is an historical brand to be collected along side old 10ga shotguns from your great grandfather's era, & vintage French wine in the wicker-wrapped bottles; nobody here buys that shit for real anymore, aside from "boomers" trying to recapture scenes from their youth. Even my dad switched to Moto Guzzi like 20 years ago, & his 19something something knucklehead sits in the same spot in his garage that he parked it way back when. The fact that they now make models to "appeal" to "millenials" speaks to the fact that the brand is slowly dying here. I'm glad they have a thriving market SOMEWHERE, & it sounds like Trump pushed them to exploit it. God bless em'.

Attached: 1529733776613.jpg (700x476, 67K)

>I'm glad they have a thriving market SOMEWHERE, & it sounds like Trump pushed them to exploit it. God bless em'.
They sell far more domestic than international you bitter tryhard

Only low IQ gutter scum drive Harleys. Can we send the riders overseas too? Enjoy your shit bikes faggots.

To all these idiots criticising the bikes...HD is just the first of a wave. You can't fix this by laughing at the pushrods.

Trump hit the world, the world hit back, and OH ! He didn't expect THAT ! Because he never listens to his advisers.

This Trade War is reminiscent of the previous Trump, mr Hitler, when he declared war on the USA and the USSR at the same time. Heck, why not? He was angry and he felt like it !

Chad bike coming thru

Attached: Indian-Motorcycle1.jpg (1000x563, 194K)

>America is owned and run by corporations, not by human beings
So corporations are autonomous AI , not humans? You sound retarded. A corporation is nothing more than it's shareholders and employees.

I'm betting most people on this thread never rode a Harley to garner their opinions.

At best they think riding those faggy hoverboards makes them pros.

Attached: Fag-mobile.jpg (225x225, 4K)

Harley is a joke in the USA, you morons act like you know shit, it's hilarious. They sell more in the USA yet they are still on the brink of bankruptcy. Pro-tip: nobody likes Harley here except boomer fucks.

You know plenty of other US based companies complied with trump’s trade policies and didn’t outsource or relocate like a bunch of rootless kikes?

If Harley-Davidson relocates because they don’t like these new policies, then I say good riddance. Neoliberal companies that prostitute themselves like that are not welcome here.

>it‘s
>flag:mutts or leafs
every.fucking.time

Only boomers, and losers think that shit is cool. Loud obnoxious, slow, pieces of shit. Harley is the epitome of shit taste stereotypes in Amurica. Bikers are fags

Attached: faaags.jpg (1280x720, 171K)

mmmmh the salt
imagine being so desperate you try to mock the most succesfull and popular motorcycle brand in the world to defend your orange cheeto man

>Nobody mentioned CNN
>It has no relevance.
Certainly as a news channel. Even in the UK we know that now.

Attached: download.jpg (277x182, 11K)

I didn’t call into question the legality. I called into question the integrity and principle of valuing profits over the betterment of the people who supported your initial creation.

History has many a tales for betrayers. Never turns out well.

Hardly Ableson is shit Jap bikes are better in every way

Attached: harley fags.jpg (491x640, 54K)

Damn straight I wouldn't be caught on such a poorly put together nigger bike. I bet you also like lifted trucks.

who cares about Harley except hipster faggots such as yourself?

better alternatives

You could have been subtle but now I know you are just trying to get a reaction. Ok, here is your (you) hans bin mahmood al turk, now please let the adults discuss.

bunch of faggots anyway

I heard on CNN Trump is president, but pol said Hilarry was chosen by Soros.
So I dont beleive anything asserting Trump won, as its all fake news.

In reality it's such an insignificant loss. A niche motorcycle company with hardly much of a market. The whole idea behind the tariffs was to get countries to remove their existing trade barriers, (which would grant a much larger benefit than this loss), or face tariffs. In the long run, we will see whether they end up bending the knee, or we continue down this path and America builds a strong domestic economy.

>integrity and principle of valuing profits over the betterment of the people

And where have you been for the last 40 years?

American firms USED to share their success with their workers - until the mid 1970s.

Around then, they stopped. Wages stayed flat while productivity, profits etc. went up.

At this time there was a memo circulating among CEOs (I forget the author's name) basically declaring that it's OK to do just what you are complaining about.

Seriously FUCK boomers, lousy pieces of shit. They are gonna get whats coming to them

"The transition will have many faces. There need not be massive and violent riots in cities by unemployed youth, but there will be. There need not be class warfare or terrorist units who bomb banks, nor cyber activists who publish hacked account details from tax havens, but there will be. Some people will lead the way by opting out from the old system and voluntarily joining a new one. I believe the intensity of opposition will increase from now until a peak in Europe and the United States in the 2020s, then move inexorably toward some kind of revolution. This is inevitable, because the old system will not go away by itself. It will have to be forced out—by whatever action people take, and aided by factors such as new web technologies. This shift could happen through peaceful conversation in parliaments, but it won’t. The revolution will be global, but it will come first in Europe, the United States, and the other OECD countries, where tensions are already high and the older generations’ high hopes for their future lie in starkest contrast with the low hopes of the current unemployed or overeducated youth. It will follow in Latin America somewhat later, and then after another twenty years in the then-dominant economies of China and the like. Africa might find itself facing a completely different set of challenges for many years to come and so is unlikely to be actively swept up in these global generational conflicts."

Attached: reee.gif (100x100, 36K)

>lost
you mean ran away and abandoned their president cause the eurocucks played hardball.

Let them die
Take no prisoners
MAGA

Does this doomsayer happen to explain what the "new system" will be?

>implying HD hasn't been on life support for 20 years because of entirely correctable management decisions and ludicrously inflated prices for inferior products

>ran away and abandoned their president
This is what happens when kids swear an oath in school everyday instead of learning something

>lost iconic motorcycle manufacturer
I understood they will produce their product to be sold in Europe in Europe to avoid tariffs

Harleys are boring, handle like tanks.

Did Disastrous Donny declare, explain or otherwise notify America's business leaders that he needs them to take a hit in his Trade War?

Or did he just launch the war without notifying them or listening to them?

You can't "abandon" somebody unless you agree to help them in the first place.

fuck off Kraut go back to your high horse.

Attached: Cunts.png (1714x956, 658K)

Fuck Harley.

INDIAN IS BETTER.

...there is only one demographic that buys them here, & that's because they've turned themselves into a joke, that only those that are at the butt of that joke don't get that it's a joke. We have more people here with throw-away money in that particular demographic than the rest of the world, so that makes sense, but their sales are declining here & have been for years.

They're fags. They ride around on their official Harley Davidsons with their official Harley Davidson"after market" parts, in their official Harley Davidson boots over their official Harley Davidson chaps keeping warm in their official Harley Davidson leather jacket, & keep the wind out of their eyes with their official Harley Davidson goggles. Their domestic sales are probably made up of as much apperal as bikes at this point. I sincerely hope they do well enough internationally that they don't have to be such kitchy sellouts anymore. If you look at their history, it is genuinely sad what they've become. Enjoy your Soft tail there, Mohammed!

Attached: 1527952743468.jpg (1675x599, 193K)

Harleys are good for easy-riding (srs, no pun).....

But rice-rockets?....that's some faggy shit.

epic. simply epic

I don’t care what’s been happening in the past. There have been many shitty practices occurring in the past that Trump is trying to put a stop to. That’s the reason we like him and it’s the reason you’re so terrified of him.

Pointing to the past won’t justify your actions anymore than pointing to a fire in a building and telling firefighters it’s supposed to be on fire.

“Intergenerational War for Equity describes vividly what I would call a commonly overseen elephant in the drawing room. The old generation (my generation) has always held the perspective that we are toiling to leave a better world for our children. We have made sacrifices to work harder and more. Often we have saved for their education and paid for their room and board long after their physical maturity. We have done this in the perspective of the farmer who seeks to leave a better farm for the next generation. We have done this for so long and so automatically that we have not noticed that we no longer are being really helpful to our children. Many of them are ending up in an unattractive starting place. It predicts—rightly, I believe—that the era of intergenerational harmony will come to an end. The new generation will not quietly take over the place prepared for them. The result will be a better life for the young and a corresponding loss for me (representing the old) and the banks (representing the capital owners). At the aggregate level this redistribution of wealth and opportunity will have a negative impact on productivity growth. Social tension and social strife do not aid the fine-tuning of the economy that is required to increase labor productivity by a percentage point or so every year. As a consequence, intergenerational conflict will lead to slower economic growth, a smaller pie to share, and even more tension. My hope would be that the redistribution takes place in a less violent and better organized manner than is likely."

No way to predict the future like that, but trends tell a very disturbing picture, and nothing ever changes. So the end result is more and more likely to be violent than not.

Attached: pile of shit.png (392x370, 208K)

>Dying Boomer brand left US
Why should we care?

Enjoy it while it lasts, you know it's only gonna take one sand person on a harley w/some acid to get muttfuhrer merkel to ban them all.

>but their sales are declining here & have been for years
They are constantly rising since 2008 you r/The_Donald cuck

Attached: hog-sales_zXvnjEb_large.png (580x389, 84K)

Riding an Indian gets you stomped by Indians....had a friend who rode one, then some drunk native though a white man riding an Indian was too close to reality.

You need to take some time off of the computer. Your brain is fryed

I hardly ever see anyone driving a Harley anyway, aside from old and fat pseudo biker wannabes dressed like in sons of anarchy, The few motorcycles out there are mostly Japanese, but most people ride scooters anyway.

Sport touring and Enduro bikes are both better for long tours.
For "easy riding" Victory and Triumph and even the "rice rocket" companies all offer superior bikes with more modability, reliability and lower price points.

Harley is literal dog shit on all accounts.

>Germany is burning too much coal
It's still safer than what happens in Fukushima or Chernobyl. Electricity has to come from somewhere....

Fucking lel

Attached: Trump.jpg (606x404, 194K)

Sure thing Mr Romney. Corporations are people too right?

Harley was forced to modernize in the 1980s due to the greater dependability and efficiency of Japanese bikes. The Evolution isn't the latest and greatest, but it doesn't grenade the way the old ironhead/panhead engines do.

>All they care about is being loud "tough guys".

No argument there. It's all about image and people are willing to pay for it.

Attached: evo.png (501x342, 415K)

Your face is melted lmaoo

Wow 2014. So recent....

Shareholders and employees that all just want to make money, yes. It's pretty simple.

Like the average American gives a shit about Harley.

Ban Transportation!

Is he always bitching like that?
I have no twitter.

damn. I was expecting the south park clip and all i got was some homogay.

>Is he always bitching like that?

yeah, more or less. sometimes his level of coherence is worse.

and then there's the classic where he passed out in the middle of a tweet and tried to laugh it off when he came to a few hours later, pic related.

Attached: Screenshot_2018-06-26_14-26-59.png (803x504, 249K)

youtube.com/watch?v=xnEZTXctd4c

why don't the numbers on the left and right match up?

>company makes logical decision because of #based #trump's epic trade war
>nu-Jow Forums will defend this

Doesn't he should have like 50 people who ceck every tweet befor he post it?
I mean he breaks laws and shit buy being retardet on twitter.

As usual, Trump is three steps ahead of you.

Harley is overpriced junk

>(right axis)

>Doesn't he should have like 50 people who ceck every tweet befor he post it?
>I mean he breaks laws and shit buy being retardet on twitter.

He's Donald Trump, and that's his style. Look at how half the world's leaders think he's an idiot. The fact that WW3 has not started yet is amazing.

>company makes shitty boomer bikes
>millennials dont buy shitty boomer bikes

this is all frumps fault!

well its still a negative impact on american manufacturing. i agree with the statement that it should be made where its sold but the point is that tarrifs only hurt trade relations and manufacturers and fighting your white allies is dumb

How can bar flies even compete?

thats britain chang

I don't think "half" the worlds leaders think he is an idiot.
I wonder why they haven't figure him out yet.
You just have to tell him how great he is and make a big show for him and he will sign everything.

>tfw you will never be able to buy a stupid resource wasting boomer motorcycle

>This is what liberals actually believe

This, the only people who buy Harley-Davidson are boomers. Everyone's grandpa has an "AWEEEESOME" Harley-Davidson motorcycle and they're starting to hit the bucket. Right now the re-sell market for Harley's is terrible due to the over saturation of everyone's grandpa buying one. They're undesirable to the younger generations. Loud, ugly, unreliable, and poor mpg. The biggest kicker is that they still call themselves and American brand when they get their parts everywhere else.

>nb4 import fag

Attached: 1526960577457.jpg (2404x1260, 556K)

>import fag

swoosh

Bikers are not going to buy a non-American "Harley"
These are the same people who would beat your ass if you showed up to a Harley meet in a foreign sports bike.

Quick side note - loud isn't a problem. Loud bikes are great, don't be a wimp. A loud engine doesn't ruin a bike or a car. Muscle cars and loud pipes are fun as fuck. My set clutch is louder than most exhausts lol. The rest of your post is correct.

>European
>White

FAKE NEWS
FAKE NEWS
FAKE NEWS

Harley Davidson has been planning and undertaking these overseas moves for over a year now. They are blaming Trump to shield themselves from the wrath of the unions. Fuck Harley. Those fuckers get too many tax breaks here in America already. They make shit bikes. And they fuck the US workers over at their manufacturing plants.

Fun for you at the expense of everyone's peace and quiet

>They are blaming Trump to shield themselves from the wrath of the unions.

>citation needed