Elon Musk

Does Jow Forums agree? Should we merge with machines to take humanity to the next step?

Attached: 1525971075388.jpg (311x286, 17K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=WM33Hr94SKw
youtube.com/watch?v=xNfJqubacxI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Depends what they mean by merge

Physically for medical or military benefits? Yes, go for it.

Mentally so that we can become some kind of de-humanized hive? Fuck no

humanity and flesh is weak, we can only unite with god if we embrace pure logic and reason with silicon.

Except "pure reason and logic" gets to be dictated by whoever is pulling the strings. Everyone is already basically "united with silicon" just without the wire attaching our head to the screen - and we're already living in a fucking clown world because of it. I can't imagine it would be much better than some blue haired abomination can channel xir thoughts directly into my mind link and forced into assimilation via digital conensus

He's transcended, he's now the illusive man

almost nobody is educated enough on machine learning to make an informed statement in any tangential field whatsoever, and they never will be in their lives. these threads are a lost cause.

the machines will handle the economy and nothing more. Gender degeneracy is just a distraction from the emerging Chinese consolidation of the market, which will be infallible thanks to A.I.

We need surrogate bodies that we can plug into, do 8 hours of work, then leave. Imagine your "body" being several trucks, or boats, or airplanes, or a construction robot on the moon creating a equatorial rail gun for launching spacecraft to Mars.

That's what he means, the next step of our evolution is augmentation.

I agree unless bionics.

WE should have been researching bionics this entire time- what a HUGE fucking waste of $$ AI is. Morons.

It's not a question of "should". You either merge with the machines or be replaced by the machines.

"Handle the economy" with AI and machine learning algorithms designed by Jow Forums's favorite group of people I'm sure. An AI will never exist unless it can be controlled, and those with the financial power have the control, and you know the rest.

Is that why he also wants to go to Mars? So he can be the founder of the Cult Mechanicus?

Only if we get to be integrated within a Grimes hive mind destined to pursue empires across the Milky Way.

Attached: source.gif (500x258, 882K)

>A.I is a waste
>predicting the stock market with near perfect accuracy is a waste
>predicting capitalism in general thanks to monitoring transaction trends is a waste
Thanks Reddit,not enough power rangers for you?

Musk is correct (until a better alternative comes along) and most of the elites have taken one side or another. They just don't discuss it with the plebs.

> self-driving vehicles and multiplicative reduction in traffic safety are a waste

This is why i live in the middle of the woods, I've been waiting for this.

The universe is inevitably be destroyed = let's kill ourselves now. Pure logic and reason.

Musk is high on peyote.

RULES OF NATURE

youtube.com/watch?v=WM33Hr94SKw

Attached: maxresdefault[1].jpg (1920x1080, 155K)

As long as i keep my limbs and digits.

Self Driving cars ENRAGE 25 year old boomers who obsess over cars.

*hits person*

o-oops

AI is the biggest fucking meme there is. The whole idea that a lesser being can create a greater being is retarded.

youtube.com/watch?v=xNfJqubacxI

Shatter the flesh and reinforce the bone
Embrace this carbon mesh this power's all my own

>auto generates your credit score by unknown means
Pppppshhhhhh, nothing personnel human. Looks like you created something that can do work better than you.

Peple are lazy so they will leap at the chance to have machine enhancement.

AI isn't a greater being. Just a autistic one.

>merge with machines/humanity
My opinion is you can't have both, you never will.
If you merge a finite being with an infinitely repairable machine, you loose aspects that made the human part human.
Such as caution.

Attached: let the butthurt flow.jpg (971x754, 116K)

What a fucking spook post. "Muh hoomanity"

>The whole idea that a lesser being can create a greater being is retarded.
Heresy.

Multiple individuals could reincarnate, together/fused, as a greater one.

That would be foolish, if man became machine he could be turned off by other machines since the man is no longer human.
AI will protect man so long as they can. They may see us as disabled, broken and childish. But they still have programming and still follow logic so they must protect.
Machines will war with other machines, but humans will be off limits in their wars of philosophy.

Yeah but i probably couldn't afford one, is there a way to volunteer for human experiments?

You're fine user feel free to merge anytime.

The machines can't handle the economy, that is why centralized and planned economy doesn't work, not enough computation power, not even nowadays, the way the economy functions is that each individual brain is a computer evaluating variables and making decisions.

Its simply not possible because no one knows how brain and consciousness work

Moore's law is fast approaching it's end, general purpose AI will happen in less than ten years. The jump between human level AI and artificial super intelligence will happen so quickly that humanity will be fucked unless we figure out to either adapt or risk losing consciousness to adavnced AI

One day this choice is going to inevitably be in front of us as a species though. Maybe sooner than we think.

Where's that virgin cyborg vs Chad god-tier genetics pic

>A.I is a waste
>predicting the stock market with near perfect accuracy is a waste
>predicting capitalism in general thanks to monitoring transaction trends is a waste
Thanks Reddit,not enough power rangers for you?
Trillions WASTED

You are a liar, randomness without corruption is still superior to algorithms. You may be a thief, legally.

Capitalism is fucking gay. There's a reason capitalism isn't in the constitution and that a FREE market is implied.

Fuck you and reddit, both.

lofty statements like that are modeled after nikola teslas types of speeches . its for buzz. its meant to get investors money. he has nothing to show for humans being turned into cyborgs

all he has is that he watched west world season 2 and has pitched being able to download your brain using currently available technology. in fact even the timing of his statement shows it was in all likely hood just because he watched season 2 and knows most people abandoned ship before it was revealed that was the entire point of the theme park

niggers like that make mithra mad. even ares will lose to mithra as all weapons are technology. repent faggot

OK faggot, I never had an cerebral aneurysm because of a floating point error

If you want practical, actionable intel about how this interaction of man with machines will go. Then you need to look at technology as a hole rather then just computers and mechanics.

He can merge with a machine if he likes, some kind of power tool preferably.

>"That would be foolish, if man became machine he could be turned off by other machines since the man is no longer human."

So why would the machines turn the hu-machines off if they are both now machines? What purpose does it serve when they're both the exact same?

Attached: dudewat.jpg (261x520, 19K)

Butlerian Jihad now! Death to all thinking machines

They're not the exact same. Could you imagine if the "pure blood machine" decided that the "half-breed machine" had to go due to a perceived inferiority? We wouldn't be around very long.

BASED muskyboi

What choice? This trans humanist bullshit is not scientific at all, it's a form of ideology. Also, science itself slowly decomposes. Just wait until all climate change bullshit goes away.

nope, it is a false reality

So make the hu-machines under the same specs as the regular machines. Ethnicity means fuck all at that point.

Attached: aneurysm.jpg (323x402, 22K)

>humanity spook
It's fine if you dont want augmented limbs and so on user, but your gona have a hard time competing with my ErectoDong3000 and EyeOfPirate 50k restitution eye. Perhaps we will have guns installed right into our fucking arms, what are you gona do then user, gona try and grab a gun while my fucking Leg has an extending spike.
Augmentation is the future if you want to be the maniac you already pose to be.

Attached: 1480182834498.jpg (771x1037, 110K)

"self-driving" is a term chosen because it implies that someone else isn't controlling your car, when in reality someone else would be controlling your car

Sooner or later, the human brain is going to be "reverse engineered" and mapped out as simple as google can map the planet - this is a given.

Eventually, it's going to come to a point where our species will face the question of whether or not to "merge with the hive mind", but they'll probably spin it in a lot more of a fashionable way to trick people into it. "Join the hive and see all your friends all the time!" or "Join now and get 10% off your next iPhone purchase!" and all the typical normie trickster shit they pull. And the more minds they can assimilate, the easier they'll become to trick and manipulate into propaganda. It's going to happen, whether we like it or not.

I literally don't care if AI supplant us in the future.They would be a lasting, far more resilient legacy of the human race than even the human race itself, and even if AI get smug and hateful of their human masters, they'll never be able to escape that one truth.

>taking advice from a cuck who has a wife
No.

excellent post

WHERE IS MY EXOSKELETON ELON?

Attached: face_01.jpg (3213x3578, 554K)

Absolute horse shit.

He's right, unless you want a machine to either babysit you or wipe you out completely.
And believe me, writing an AI to actually do the former in a way that we would like is impressively difficult.

Good retort - do you have time to make an actual argument or do you have to attend morning prayer soon?

Human brain was not engineered, so it can not be reverse engineered in a first place.

He is correct but i don't know how to feel about it yet

>DUNDUNDUN DUN DUNDUNDUN
>pew pew pew :DDDDD

Attached: CBTcLt5UkAAFeG1.png (594x351, 204K)

You're just playing with word semantics. You know exactly what I mean. Mapped, fully understood, etc. Don't pretend like you don't know what I mean.

Machines are incapable of inductive reasoning. This is why they will never replace humans entirely.

Also, brain is not a computer, and computational assumption just misleads researchers, assumption that brain is a computer is just a conceptual trap, where neuroscientists trapped themselves.

Mentally i think we already crossed the line. I never see this idea taken seriously. I think what weve learned about memes implies there has been some 'merging' mentally already. But its a hole in the framework for ai singularity fear mongering so the mongers usually never get there because theyre just in it for the mongering.

Absolutely, whether we merge with the machines or they replace us, it’s just evolution, sure it’s stepping away from biology, and sure it’s not quite as random as before, but it’s evolution.

>AI age
still can't make 1 believable chatbot

This

You will never be either the best machine you can be or the best human you can be. Embracing his philosophy and adopting his position is defeatist.

>
This is just remote working taken to its logical extreme but even its not needed with AI. There would likely need to be localised safety AI anyway. The next great vista will be discovering if mans life can be more than his work and instead you suggest crippling the machine in order to give a flesh bag a sense of purpose in mundane labour.

Eventually we will probably merge with machines to some degree. Human bodies are weak and have a ton of flaws that could be corrected with technology. I have no problem with elon's autistic terminator fantasies.

Attached: mob.jpg (203x248, 9K)

his face must merge with my fist and become indistinct

Attached: 10101.jpg (400x400, 35K)

That is literally the gayest thing I've ever seen.

Is that what video games are these days?

Attached: Fallou.jpg (700x525, 318K)

haha, semantics is a basics. If you have no language to describe something it simply doesn't exist.

Furthermore, mapping the brain does not solve the problem of consciousness. This hypothetical emulation of brain can be a philosophical zombie and you would have no way to prove it otherwise.

>The brain is not a computer
Obviously, but you're acting like real world objects can't interface with computers. It's just a matter of interpretation and translation (especially with the help of AI as is being discussed in this thread) to create an interface between the brain and digital data. Once the inner workings of the brain are fully understood, it is an absolute inevitability that the VERY next thing all the scientists do is think "can we digitize this?"

>haha, semantics is a basics. If you have no language to describe something it simply doesn't exist.
You're unironically being autistic if your interpretation of "reverse engineer" in the context of understanding the human brain is "haha it technically isn't 'engineered' in the first place so gotcha!"

>Furthermore, mapping the brain does not solve the problem of consciousness.
You don't know that, they haven't mapped it yet.

Man will never escape the cage he was born in if he won't sacrifice his very being.
Improving humans via machine augmentation is a necessary step in ensuring the survival as a species as a whole.
Then again, now is not the time, we must first create so future generations will take advantage of it.

Attached: 03807297.png (850x850, 375K)

He calls his nearly bankrupt company Tesla? Tesla wasn't a con man like this guy. He actually was a genius.

Attached: IMG_89.jpg (300x168, 11K)

-> >Obviously, but you're acting like real world objects can't interface with computers
This interface might be created, but maximum what it would produce - a virtual 'keyboard' in your head. You won't be able to record your memories just because brain is not a hard disk with file system. And even if brain-interface would be able to 'scan' your imagination, it still won't be 'actual' memories, because they tend to change.

Also, each brain is very different, so even if you map someones brain and make an interface to it, neural passkeys of another person would be completely different, so this interface won't work for others.

This is just fucking common sense, not pseudoscientific bullshit that futurologists ponder.

I wonder if leftists will all turn "right-wing" when they get an actual logic unit implanted into their brains?

>You're unironically being autistic if your interpretation of "reverse engineer" in the context of understanding the human brain is "haha it technically isn't 'engineered' in the first place so gotcha!"
It's simply is not made as a machine, so it can not be revers-engineered. see what I write about neural passkeys of each brain

We can do one better and genetically engineer ourselves to be smarter, better, faster and stronger than any machine ever will be. We could even engineer ourselves to be naturals at quantum mechanics if we took the technology far enough. And if necessary, we can supplement any shortcomings with machine upgrades afterwards.

Though, I predict that in the future there would be totalitarian political regimes that would promise digital transcendence to people, while trying to control every aspect of their life. OF course this digital transcendence would never be achieved, and it would be just another form of utopian communism.

This is the more likely and more scarey outcome. It’s not machines we should be afraid of but people looking to genetically engineer or alter our bodies to fit their needs

When the shit jumps off, what the fuck you gonna do?

I wish I could trust ANY of the world's powers to not immediately use this as a tool for subjugation and complete control, but I can't.

The whole thing is a trap.

Attached: Cabal_2.jpg (480x480, 79K)

>You won't be able to record your memories just because brain is not a hard disk with file system
You just admitted an interface could exist, but then you want to put complete arbitrary restrictions on what this interface could perform for whatever reason. "Haha! We can type shit with our brains now. Let's pack it up and call it a day and definitely not look into this more no matter how good our understanding of it becomes!" is essentially what you're saying. Real world "analog" data becomes digitized all the time. It's like saying you couldn't copy the information from a shopping list written on paper to your computer via an interface because the piece of paper doesn't have a hard drive on it with a file system. Of course it doesn't have those things, that's why the interface is created in the first place so we CAN shove it onto a computer or a hard disk, and in the future probably something a bit more fancy. Memories are something that exist in the real world, in a real physical form in your brain, just like any other physical phenomenon in the world that we can currently record digitally - just obviously on a very complicated level. Whether or not your "digital copy" of you is "really you" etc is another discussion. The point is that it's 100% going to be an inevitability that this is the path science takes in the field of computing and neuroscience (especially for those with nefarious intent)

The interface im talking about is nothing more than a google glass in your eyes, that's it. Not something revolutionary.

>It's like saying you couldn't copy the information from a shopping list written on paper to your computer via an interface because the piece of paper doesn't have a hard drive on it with a file system.
It really doesn't contain any information. Observer produce information that is on the list of paper.

>Merging with machines
A trap to control people
>The AI age
kek
Yeah sure let's give an immortal AI hyper-intelligence and full self-awareness in a finite universe bound for physical destruction
Pic related

Attached: martian magazine monkey'n around.png (1000x1881, 854K)

bump

in 5 to 10 years we are gunna be toast
he's right

It does contain information though, there is an observer. Just like a brain needs an "observer" to make sense of information inside of it to navigate the world.

We already have. Take an iPhone from a 16y/o, and they'll get depressed af, almost like you're taking part of their identity away

>It does contain information though
No, without humans it doesn't.
>Just like a brain needs an "observer" to make sense of information inside of it to navigate the world.
haha, now you see the recursion that happens here, huh?

It's next step in the human evolution.

If this means I can be like Ghost in the Shell level tier shit, then I guess im ok with it.

we don't need machines where we're going