What went wrong?

What went wrong?

Attached: harley davidson.jpg (480x362, 30K)

Other urls found in this thread:

motocrossactionmag.com/classic-motocross-iron1971-harley-davidson-baja-100/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

jewish ceos and corporatism/capitalism

Harley Davidson bikes are boomerism incarnate, and no milennials have the spare cash to blow on a $20,000 motorcycle that's functionally identical to a Vespa.

Declining popularity of Harleys correlates with fewer young people thinking that Harleys are cool.

And of course having access to much better, faster, and nicer bikes than Harleys doesn't help Harley much.

I would rather have a $10k Yamaha than a $25k Harley any time.

Also, HD's management was completely and utterly retarded when they killed Buell, especially now that naked cafe racer-style bikes are just about the only things that young white people are interested in buying.

Harley needs to bring Buell back, but branded as Harley-Davidson bikes, and add in a cafe racer with Sportster proportions and a street glide's engine that handles like a Triumph Bonneville/Thruxtun.

Attached: [email protected] (800x531, 99K)

They make air cooled bikes in 2018, they need to disappear.

What ever went right. Those bikes are basically weights to hold down what ever hauling them. Just fucking garbage for Boomers who are wannabe badasses.

Faux luxury item for boomers that refused to compete and adapt to the new sport bike market. Most young bikers would rather ride a suzi or yamaha. Only real customer nowadays are biker gangs

Boomers

Loud, obnoxious air-cooled twins will always be cool in a way that liquid cooled inlines never will.

That said, Harleys were once legitimate sportbikes in the 1930s-1950s, and it was those sporty bikes that the first Easy Rider wannabes and custom guys all turned into custom choppers. The problem was, that Harley embraced that cruiser market rather than actually selling the kinds of bikes that folks turned into cruisers in the 1st place.

Mark my words, build a modern V-twin sportbike that rides like a Ducati, sounds like a Harley, and prices similarly to a BMW or Triumph and the milennial buyers will eat it up like catnip.

The parts stop being American made decades ago, they just did some assembly here to claim the made in the us title

Attached: 50FFDE16-D7A5-4A45-92FC-D75C63D66F51.png (1200x675, 545K)

You forgot all those plumbers, electricians, and construction workers who want to blow this year's OT on a toy that makes them feel like they're in a biker gang.

At what point was Harley Davidson officially pozzed?

When is the correct question. It's been 96 years since a traitor ass republican decreased the size of government. 150 years for democrat shit.

It went wrong 95 years ago. It still is, although hope is on the horizon.

>kids unironically claiming rice crotch rockets are praise worthy

Attached: BAB532D2-C2B7-4E86-AD9D-24730E31AE47.jpg (441x463, 40K)

Parts have been made in China and Taiwan since the 90s

people say they want a "harley"
people ask if that a "harley"

the word harley is enough for the whole brand.

why hasn;t anybody ever said "i want to get me a davidson"
???????????????

Ironic because their majority consumer is a red voting southern confederate boomer

>ITT Starbucks employees who can’t afford the new Indians

Attached: 462336DB-D548-4806-B71D-E137E4608A9D.jpg (960x594, 52K)

Heavy, loud, overpriced and slow as fuck.

Not even new Indians are real bikes anymore, they have fucking Polaris engines for fuck's sake.

They where already moving manufacturing out of the country anyways, they are just trying to blame it on the tariff crap to not look like greedy sellout fucks they are

So do Daytona cars user, natty ice isn’t even made in the us

what lego production number is that kit?

so are power wheels losing their target audience and moving up to millenials now?

were you in yesterday’s bike thread? I said pretty much exactly this as a rider myself. Millenials dont want big cruisers now that sporty stuff is widely available. Those kinds of bikes didnt really exist in the boomers’ time so all they wanted were cruisers. Back then in order to get a sporty cafe racer you had to actually do a shitload of work to your bike.

>Mark my words, build a modern V-twin sportbike that rides like a Ducati, sounds like a Harley, and prices similarly to a BMW or Triumph and the milennial buyers will eat it up like catnip.

You are correct

user everyone over 23 is a boomer on this board we had crotch rockets when I was in hs

HD riding pylon here. You know what's frustrating as fuck with Harley? Finding anything that's not loaded up with shit nobody wants. I'm 32. I did not want all the bells and whistles. I wanted something that went in a straight line when I needed it to, turned when I needed it to and got me from point A to point B.
When I bought my Street Bob it was the lonely bitch on the lot. Surrounded by 1100lb Road Glides, Street Glides and other assorted things. These bikes are two doors and two wheels away from being a car. Stereo? ABS? Touchscreen? Heavy as fuck hardbags? HD barely offered anything stripped down. People were in there looking at $30,000+ bikes and I ended up riding my $7500 FXDB out the door which does the same fucking thing for a whole lot less money. Do I care that my bike is farm equipment? No. Do I need it to be a technological marvel? No. I needed it to be a motorcycle. Fucking Harley needs to start offering affordable full sized cruisers (The Street 500/750 don't count and the Sportser line up isn't big enough for most men) without the bullshit. Motor, transmission, wheels, brakes, frame, controls. That's all. Make it simple, make it cheap so Joe Sixpack can actually afford it and people will buy them.

Attached: hd2k1.jpg (1440x1080, 235K)

This, and there gay asf

Everyone who drives a harley thinks there hulk hogan

Unions and Democrats. This is theater. Fuck them forever for this.

Harley Davidson was always overpriced shit.

this. look at their dirt bike days
motocrossactionmag.com/classic-motocross-iron1971-harley-davidson-baja-100/

always a step behind and a dollar too much

Boomer accountants and dentists diluting the "bad boy" HD cruiser culture from the early postwar era.

> A clothing company in charge of making motorcycles

>HD barely offered anything stripped down
>What is a Road King Classic?
That said, the Street Bob is a pretty cool bike. Also liked the Softail Springer back when those were being made.

There could only be so many decades before Harley riders noticed they were being left behind at the lights by every other motorcycle, and cars were piling up behind them at every corner. There is only a certain amount of cool you can maintain as you get passed by a semi.
Of course the people who chose to ride them didnt help the brand either, as you quickly notice very few, (and we're talking single digit percentages here) Harley riders have any appreciable riding skills. Granted the stunt crowd are quickly destroying the sport market as well via clientele, but they at least know the basic skills to ride.

BBBRRUBBB BRUB BBBBRRRUBBB BRUB

Attached: fags.jpg (500x396, 113K)

>There could only be so many decades before Harley riders noticed they were being left behind at the lights by every other motorcycle, and cars were piling up behind them at every corner. There is only a certain amount of cool you can maintain as you get passed by a semi.
>Of course the people who chose to ride them didnt help the brand either, as you quickly notice very few, (and we're talking single digit percentages here) Harley riders have any appreciable riding skills. Granted the stunt crowd are quickly destroying the sport market as well via clientele, but they at least know the basic skills to ride.
This is shit nobody cares about
Least of all Harley Riders

>nobody buys motorcycles because they are faster or more maneuverable than cars, noone cares about that stuff.
A true Harley rider.

Attached: losere.jpg (632x425, 49K)

RK is still a touring frame and modern ones still come with a plethora of bells and whistles like Slipper clutches on the M8, ABS, hardbags, auxillary lights, crash bars, nacelle headlight on a dresser frontend..

Yea when joy riding a bike no one is thinking about Tokyo drifting some college Asian kids, Harley was always for the lazy riding crew. You aren’t out running a ducking police charger on a fat tire

Attached: 2EE414B4-D285-4B15-BE68-8A62B749A3E1.jpg (700x475, 75K)

I raced a harley guy before. Another time one boomer harley rider sat me down and told me to stop "driving like a maniac" because I took a turn and chirped the tires a bit and he ended up being a neighbor to the girl I was visiting.

We have bike races here all the time and duds ride suzu and Kawasaki’s, they also die a lot. I think I’d prefer lazy riding than hanging out with ying and paco and dying at 19.

Attached: donald-trump-customised-gold-chopper.jpg (600x586, 61K)

Boomers

Where I live Harley riders are the ones who die more often. They are often inexperienced drivers who drink and drive. Being proud of not being able to ride proficiently should make you feel ashamed but whatever.

If you die on a Harley you would die on a hover round, I do thank the ricers though without one dying horribly I would have not met my first wife

Attached: DAB4435B-B9F3-44E7-9B8F-9ABE620B0F90.jpg (500x500, 36K)

Harley are just as dangerous as any other motorcycle where does this retarded assumption come from? You think being on a slow heavy hog will save you from someone slamming into you or something?

Fokkin häll, I literally JUST went to Paul Sr's instagram. I have never been there, ever. Shiet.

>Harley Riders buy Harleys because they're faster and more manoeuvrable than cars

Attached: (you) burger.gif (480x336, 867K)

My uncle had a HD cycle for several years.
Imagine my surprise when he found out that they were moving jobs out of the country and decided to sell it immediately upon hearing about it.

Attached: 506.jpg (385x383, 19K)

they buy them because they are easily suggestible like women and fall for the tuff guy meme

Nothing. EU should ban those faggot bikes just based on noise regulations.

Polaris engines are fucking hideous. It needs shit like exposed pushrods and knuckleheads to be a real Indian.

I don’t think Harley drivers are as prong to going 120 miles per hour through two whole food trucks call me crazy but the stats of my area don’t lie. We aren’t pulling Harley’s off the grills of dump trucks

FXDB fag here. I don't need my bike to be faster than most cars but I like to think it's far more comfortable on longer hauls than a lot of other bikes.. after fixing it.
>Removed stock breather and exhaust and had it tuned for better performance and economy
>Upgraded front suspension to Heavy Duty progressives, rear to heavy duty progs, not pictured
>Removed stock mid controls and installed forwards with floorboards for comfytimes
>Rolled stock dunlops into the trash where they belong in favour of 80/20 dual sport Avons
>Replaced flashy $3200 numbered tins with denim black that I can scratch up all day and not care about
>Replaced 2007 rear fender with a 2011 so my brake light assembly won't die the first time I drive through some muddy gravel
>Upgraded anemic failure prone compensator so my primary chain won't let go in the middle of nowhere
>Installed knurled grips so my hands don't fly off the bars if shit gets wet

I'd feel like I got the shit end of the stick if I didn't pay for the majority of that by ripping off all the chrome faggotry the previous owner bolted to it..

Attached: 22ws.jpg (1440x1080, 384K)

It’s called a Street Fighter bro.

But you’re not wrong.

And yes if you are a idiot you will die on anything hence the hover round Quib

yea because most of the bikes can't. I'm not denying there are lots of new riders on ricerockets who push shit to the limit but its not ricers vs. harleys like you guys like to imagine.

I love motos Davidsons

To be honest, Harley is actually a decent bike in many ways for America. I grew up riding in UK where the main reason to have a bike was filtering. At one point I had a 17 mile commute into the city center every day and in the car it could be 60-90mins drive time, whereas on bike it was around 20mins always. Coming to the States I got a ninja 600 as a runaround, and it was useless since filtering is illegal. You are treated the same as a car, and since everyone loves traffic jams so much they literally want you to wait in-line like a car. It completely eradicates the biggest advantage to having a biike. (Not to say its the wrong descision, I quickly learned that it wouldnt work over here because everyone is very much 'but I have to wait in line so everyone else should as well' and all the car drivers would get bent out of shape and actually start trying to block bikers). So with no filtering I was relegated to merely driving around like a car, and with the ridiculously low speed limits on highways (again, it matches the drivers though) plus overwhelming police presence, (who seem only interested in speeders and no other type of dangerous driving) you dont even get to burn it up on the intercities.
I found a country road about 10 miles from my house and I would do some zooming up and down that as my weekly stress relief, right up until a neighbor who lived 3 miles away on the hill overlooking the road complained.
So if you cant filter like a bike, and you cant go fast like a bike, I figured I may as well sell the bike and just drive the car, at least it has air-conditioning. And 21 years of riding bikes came to an end. I still miss it on some days, but then I borrow a friends bike, trundle around at 55mph in 3rd for a while, and then remember why I sold the ninja again. My father-in-law loves his 1300 sportster though, since sitting in traffic is what it does really well.

It’s the simple mentality of purchase to pavement, if you want to cite some papers I can but I’m on a phone so give a bit. The basic premise is people who buy crotch rockets and sports cars for the first time tend to be moronic with their driving habits even if they were previous not. This is due to psychology and a simple lack of know how. Harley’s demo is as you said older slower riders thus they are less risky than Wang Chung who just watched rush hour and got a 2006 ninja

Attached: D2524375-BAF1-4355-A280-2107CC7BB058.jpg (180x281, 20K)

Streetbob fag again. Harleys aren't as forgiving for new riders in SOME WAYS due to the thing I guess lots of people don't like about them. They got torque for days, not fast but they will easily break traction on hardpack, gravel, in corners etc if someone is unsteady with the throttle. Lots of their models also weigh a ton. (My FXDB is something like 700lbs) but only has a single disc front rotor. Braking well they do not. When I first started riding and was teaching myself I did two things. I locked up my front brake sending me highside a few times or I completely blew through an intersection because I the stopping power wasn't there before locking up. Combine that with things like coming from the factory with 12" apes (Yes small but it still affects control) on some models and yeah.. I was going somewhere with this but now I kind of want to go ride my bike.

Only boomers think Harleys are cool. Biker culture is so fucking corny.

I call them boomer bikes

What a gay ass bike

>filtering is illegal
only in some states

No-one wins in a trade war. How many times do people have to re-learn that free trade ultimately better?

>Harley Davidson bikes are boomerism incarnate,

Thought it was only Cali were it was legal?
And those fuckwits filter like idiots as well, (lanesplitting at 60mph is not filtering) almost guaranteeing it wont be exported to other states.

He's right. There's nothing cool about boomer bikes. Biker culture is corny as fuck

I always lane split and never got pulled over. Cops look the other way for it I guess.

Sure thing Shlomo.

Trump hoped everyone would pussyout on tradewar like Trudeau, EU raised tarriffs, HDMC had to move because its losses were two-sided and Brazil works as well.
I'm on Trump's side but that's the economic rationale.

On this board boomerism is just a way for the millennial fags to hang with the cool kids and not be blamed for being parasitic. Seriously none of them actual cite the correct years

Literally is. Everyone else buys a sportsbike.

My dad is fixing up one of these.

If you are a Swede and ride/drive American - you are a part of the problem and should be killed in public. Simple as fucking that.

Return to your roots - FUCK the jewnited states of israel. Kill 'em all.

Ffs..

Attached: Skärmavbild 2018-06-26 kl. 22.45.28.png (710x389, 452K)

you keep acting like there are only two types of riders though and that is proving you have a bias. how many BMW guys you pick up? what about jap cruisers? enduro? ducati?

Certain models yes but the main popular model of Harley might as well be called couch with wheels don’t get me started on tykes or hammocks with engines

It's not explicitly legal anywhere except California, but IIRC like a dozen states have no law against it. Some specifically forbid it tho.

And yeah, it's retarded to do it any faster than 15-20mph.

i know he's right. that's why i quoted him.

That's not exactly how it works here.

We all speak form our personal expieence user and yes that is bias. Here we have diverse and bikers . The software dev on the Italian bike who drives the limit to work every day isn’t noticed because he doesn’t make the bike his whole fucking identity. These two types do.

Attached: 5461A233-3A24-4178-A77E-C6704460D737.gif (640x327, 121K)

Boomer bikes

>What went wrong?
Trendy bike for lawyers and dentists
Overpriced as fuck
Not nearly as reliable as nippon bikus
Harleys are for assholes and posers.

Boomers are so narcissistic that they assumed that all succeeding generations would fawn over the bullshit pop culture they obsessed over like Harleys, Woodstock, and muh Led Zeppelin.

They are only now starting to realize the average Millennial and Gen Z person cares about as much about this shit as they and anyone else cares about the Glenn Miller Band.

the "pick one" greentext enumerates two options to express doubt using their mutual exclusivity.

quoting someone is a way to express agreement.

That's why I went off on a rant above that as a Harley owner I can't fucking understand why their management can't see that they need to start selling stripped down cheap bikes. Stop trying to chase the pack when you're 10 years behind. NOBODY is buying a Harley because it's better than anything else for fucks sakes. Make a simple bike without all the bullshit in a full sized cruiser and you might sell to the younger crowd because it won't cost $15k+
I love my bike but I see the HD promotional shit claiming its a bike for Joe Sixpack and then see the pricetags and I want to punch a fat spaniel in the face. Out of touch morons they are.

boomers

Harley riders are also incredibly rude, they never give you the head nod or wave unless you're also on a Harley.

Attached: cb1300-super-bol-dor.jpg (1000x650, 127K)

marketing bikes to 40 year old lesbians.
old technology
sound fucking stupid
handling on par with a hover couch
i just dont get why anyone would want one other than status or just to say 'yea i got a harley' which isnt really cool anymore anyway.
most of them are ridiculously heavy.
i mean i get it, if youre not 5'5'' theyre comfortable to ride. theyre just not for me. i like being able to turn
every part you could ever buy for them costs 9999% what it cost to make. cause 'harley

Attached: cbx1000.jpg (940x625, 636K)

hey its you again

Attached: 1980s-Pinups-The-Most-Beautiful-Motorcycles-Of-The-Decade_002.jpg (770x433, 222K)

>quoting someone is a way to express agreement.
>here
Pick one. Lurk more.

Nothing wrong at all. H.D. will keep on rolling worldwide because they moved some production out of the US. This is going to be the same for all goods with tariffs.

boomers getting too old to ride choopers

>tfw no VFR750R

Attached: mc22_.png (701x537, 777K)

you're a dumbass