Do you separate art from artists? We all know that popular artists, musicians...

Do you separate art from artists? We all know that popular artists, musicians, film directors and other creatives are ~90% liberal politically but do their views affect how you view their art in itself?

Attached: tumblr_p55uevos9r1s92rato1_1280.jpg (1280x1623, 539K)

Isn't that dude like 5'10" or something? Draws himself as a 5'2" midget? Literally the 5'11" manlet vs 6' chad cartoon.

>do you judge art
yes, I hate most niggertrash music and jewtrash "pop" music, and I hate most of it because it is 90% descriptions of whoring it out and how it is okay to be the town bicycle or how you're somehow a cool gangster because the town bicycle fucked you. Everybody gets a ride, it isn't an accomplishment.

Depends on whether they pollute their art with their views.

sure, because oftentimes the artist didn't even produce the song.

Leftists are the ultimate depressed cynics

Completely unable to enjoy anything, they look at how they can ruin it for themselves and others, even if it brings people great prosperity and hapiness.

They fundementally do not understand hardship. They dont understand you, and people you know have to suffer to attain great things and be happy.

Attached: 1530042089864.jpg (1280x1623, 1M)

I still like Rage Against the Machine’s music, even if I disagree with the politics in the lyrics, and the politics of the artists, and I want to put them up against a wall and shoot the with an AK just for irony. It’s good music.
But when they inject the politics into the art so much they ruin it (Last Jedi), fuck ‘em, First Order all the way.

>leave job for new job (it is government)
>I'm hired, but I'm delayed for an unknown period
>already been underemployed for 1 year, might be for another year because fuck me
>former boss murders a former coworker
>he kills her with the same gun that her husband an-hero'd with
>everything that could go wrong is going wrong
>all social groups and friends I previously have has disintegrated
>still stuck in limbo
I want to die

Just don't give them money.

I guess I do that by the mere fact I make hunting and fishing knives. The local 'Modern Art Gallery' put one of mine on permanent display 2 weekends ago (along with other 'art' if you can call some of that garbage art) and at the unveiling party for all our stuff, I was surrounded by some much Hipster and liberal trash, I wanted to stab myself with my knife.

I don't know who the guys are whose entertainment and art I consume. Why would I? They are nobodies.

>its art style has some how gotten worse

Attached: 1460969661608.png (240x255, 91K)

If the art allows the artist to commit more sexual assaults and shit, it shouldn't be separated. Woody Allen's movies generate enough money for him to get off the hook for acting like a fucking creep all the time.

This faggot lives in Seattle and every single Seattle nigger here not immediately hanging them high is doing a disservice to humanity.

I barely consume any modern entertainment since it is mostly garbage, but no I don't give a fuck about what an artist's politics may be.

Stop waiting for shit to happen around you and change it

What I've learned about art over the years: no matter how good you are there is always someone better then you. With more tolerable ideals. ANYONE can be replaced.

That nintendo switch and netflix combination... They really are useless scum.

Attached: tumblr_pahke3RNBh1s92rato1_1280.jpg (1280x1610, 463K)

PFFFFFBBTTTHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

Attached: tumblr_p9yr399Juh1s92rato1_1280.jpg (1280x1662, 420K)

Thanks for this.

Attached: you.png (500x588, 157K)

Jesus Christ how horrifying

Attached: tumblr_p7ysoemzTP1s92rato1_1280.jpg (1280x1810, 508K)

I thought the one with red hair was a woman

Attached: 1526730226772.png (720x720, 802K)

I don't understand... does he seriously think his art is anything but mediocre at best? It's not even mediocre for fuck's sake.

Attached: tumblr_p4s0djEqVD1s92rato1_1280.jpg (1066x1920, 524K)

>that number on the bottle
>mfw

Attached: 1528274504914.jpg (776x1170, 178K)

Just zero self-awareness. Every single one of these is almost unbelievable.

Attached: tumblr_p3c2v8QZLd1s92rato1_1280.jpg (1280x1398, 468K)

This one is actually sad.

Accusations without proof mean nothing.
Stupid twitch thots.

Based pol defends their brother from the murderous rage of literal mutant freaks.

Attached: basedpol.jpg (1280x1298, 508K)

That is a guy?!

I hate Israel

Honestly. I prefer Dobson

I kinda like these cartoons now. But ive always been a progressive at heart so fuck you faggot

Lmao this is hilarious

WHY WON'T TRUMP STOP HURTING PEOPLE

Attached: rekt.jpg (1280x1757, 347K)

This is probably the only funny woman ive ever known about

Funny and can eviscerate Jow Forums with cutting satire. Probably quite sexy as well. Quite a woman indeed, Norway.

Attached: lampooned.jpg (1280x1371, 335K)

Depends. Does the artist separate themselves from their art? If they put a whif of their bullshit in then the answer is no, and this comic is a clear example. Jim Sterling, for example, makes a lot of very good points about the games industry, but just cannot stop himself from slandering the majority of his audience because of his backwards political bullshit. In that case, no, i will not separate the performer from the performance, because he himself has not made the distinction.

pretty sure she copies a lot of them from Steven Universe

>Quite a woman indeed, Norway.

Attached: LEAFD15.gif (1280x640, 155K)

I have to disagree. They show a fair amount of reflection.

>Do you separate art from artists?
That's been the case for hundreds of years. And that's the way it will always be for people that actually care about art and actually know something about it.

YA LOOK AWAY YOU COWARD

Absolutely based

Attached: LOOK AWAY YOU COWARD.jpg (468x1920, 247K)

>You shouldn't enjoy something because the person who made it did something I didn't like once

I can't imagine how miserable an existence someone who views the world that way must have.

Imagine how she must have been trembling while drawing this, and how her hart must have been beating before posting it

I try, but a lot of actors and artists are insufferable leftards and I struggle to not let that knowledge besmirch my memories of good movies or songs.

>I thought the one with red hair was a woman
He's a transfaggot

Attached: 1443298579511.jpg (1038x1920, 654K)

The whole reason why the Left can't meme, and we can is rooted firmly in the fact that we are capable of separating art from artist. There is no finer example of this than our seizure of control of Pepe the frog from his cucked creator.

The politics of the originating creator and his or her original intended message are entirely irrelevant to our use of their work for our own ends.

>all know that popular artists, musicians, film directors and other creatives are ~90% liberal politically

lol do you realize art is a market right, and whomever has more moneys determines who the most payed, most request artist is?

like when you go into museums and see the incesantly christian art, do you think they were ALL doing that or is it more logical that they would do that cause the money was concentrated around the church and its satellites?

That's a great summation.

I always wonder where these trannies are getting beaten up in the bathroom. I'm always there to do my business then get the fuck out. In fact, I doubt you'd get anything more than "what the fuck" if somebody like that walked in. They really must be going to ghetto truck stop bathrooms to get beaten up.

mass reply fags are the biggest fags

Sometimes, if they aren't pushing it in their concerts and general music, or trying to be on tv actively acting like an expert on something they aren't like US Foreign policy then yeah I'll still listen to their music or watch their movies. If they start doing that I may still watch or listen to their older work before they started being pushy with their views, but I won't pay to see them in concert or buy their new movie. It's what I've done with a couple artists and actors.

You betcha, RATM was quite kicking ass back in the day, and you could even agree with some of their points. Too bad the Prophets of Rage is half-baked bland pile of something.

I wish there were that many "nazis" in public

10 years ago? Absolutely. But now? They make exceedingly difficult when they blatantly shove their views in their work and down my fucking throat. Dadaism was a mistake, post-ironic irony is a fucking blight on the art community.

one of my favorite bands campaigned for hillary clinton. if I actually want to listen to music that's not made by 1488 memers I have to separate art and artist

I used to, but stopped about 4 years ago when I withdrew all remaining support from shit I used to buy/enjoy that I will no longer give a dime to. I had rarely seen more than 1-2 movies/year for the past decade anyway, I don't watch TV, haven't listened to the radio since I was a young punk rock kid in the late 80s. All that was left was to stop supporting loony leftist businesses, I won't buy music from any faggot who says stupid shit publicly, I don't buy books from dumbass authors any longer, basically, if you openly declare yourself to be politically left, I don't give you a dime now. And that's how it'll be from here on out.

I always have and always will

Tina Fey is a hilarious comedy writer and 30 Rock is a great show, despite it being made by a leftist

They don't. If they did it would be because they propositioned someone, most likely a darkie.

Attached: 1525204004161.gif (500x370, 487K)

>that 4th wall meta stare
I refuse to believe this isnt parody.
yes ive seen this comic before.

tina fey is the only legitimately funny woman I can think of - who's funny as a creator not just as an actress, it should be said.

>RATM was quite kicking ass back in the day

They were the most fabricated political band to ever reach mainstream success, and their music is whack pop garbage. Sure, they pointed out corporate greed, good, they provided no solution or the wrong solution. Tom has got to be jewish.

My art. red pilled and most people know but I don't mix my politics anywhere near my art business.

Attached: DSC_0079 - Copy.jpg (3872x2592, 416K)

yes but only because I pirate everything anyway so I could be reading a comic by ted bundy and it wouldnt matter

of course
art that doesn't transcend its creator isn't art to start with
such (non-)"art" is at best craft, at worst the author playing with his own shit

and fortunately so, since most artists are shit people, most generally not even realizing when they do and don't achieve something great
most of them don't produce many works worth their salt anyway (eg directors pulling out more than 1 or 2 actually good movies are rare as fuck; or most musicians completely losing it at some point, and only a time period of their creations ending up actually particularly good)

creating good art all in all amounts to contingency
as always, efforts and work are necessary, but far from enough
it takes a particularly inspired artist, surrounding himself with the right people, doing so at the right time so to be funded, etc
the "creator" is just a tiny cog in all of a creation process, not the perfect snowflake most people think they are
a proper creation necessarily goes far beyond what any creator put into it
only tasteless imbeciles think otherwise

HAHAHAAH HOLY SHIT
This is gold.

Attached: 1529799382544.jpg (604x453, 61K)

Would probably be funnier than OP.

That guy needs to correct his anterior pelvic tilt.

disappointed*

Attached: a204eba102804eb43b37ef2e83a9c5e3659e27253056cdebf5226c1f0ab71eb3.jpg (716x716, 196K)

what the fuck

This poster might be an ai.

liberals have a terrible tendency to intimidate artists

just because liberals have a reputation for abusing and attacking artists does not mean you should pretend that the artists are actually liberal politically

the liberals have been attacking artists for decades, and conservatives have in general dropped the ball

as a result, the artists become traumatized, it is essentially Stockholm syndrome, falling in love with the people who are holding you hostage because you have no other source of stimulation

artists are not actually liberal politically, they just say they are because the left intimidates artists

I'm trying to figure out how to turn this post into a way to attack the FBI and democrats

any ideas?

No, not at all. I can easily enjoy art with themes and content that I otherwise find abhorrent because I value novel experiences. It won't resonate with me most likely in the way art more aligned with my worldview will, but I can appreciate it. One of my favorite directors, for example, Jean-Luc Godard, is an insufferable, elitist leftist but I think his movies are very beautiful and interesting.

Attached: losslib.jpg (1280x1623, 543K)