Were the 80's/90's the last great Era to grow up in?

Were the 80's/90's the last great Era to grow up in?

Attached: 65544456.jpg (720x480, 58K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=1kAIMlISHhU
youtube.com/watch?v=NhGoZLudKyk
archive.is/85tep
youtube.com/watch?v=XbX9U622I5Q
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Yes. The internet is the biggest kike trike of them all. Its killed Western society.

I would say yes.

Yeah everything was greater when I grew up. I feel bad for everyone born 2000 and on

No, too many drusg

Indeed they were. Even the early 1900's were a better time to grow up [see pic].

Attached: playgrounds_in_1900_1.jpg (1600x1037, 145K)

Degeneracy was around but it was in the background. Society still acted sane compared to the absolute pure distilled kike kancer.

lemme fuck your face bby

Let's do a test. If you were to tell people in the 80's and 90's that degeneracy such as pic related would be commonplace in the near future, would they think that you're out of your mind? If the answer is yes, it was the last great Era to grow up in.

Attached: 1529282992159.jpg (1024x770, 114K)

I would say yes. I would also say if you didn't see it coming from a mile away, then you didn't actually live enough of the 90s to have a discussion here.

Attached: towongfoo02x400.jpg (400x300, 38K)

The 90s were the last good decade. Everything kicked ass.

>the Cold War and threat of random nuclear annihilation went bye-bye
>we won, a ~50-year war and we were the winners
>gigantic economic boom
>vidya went from 8-bit to 16-bit and then 3D
>internet became a thing and was the electronic Wild West
>the absolutely horrific shit music of the late 80s got replaced with based grunge and G-Funk
>the main foreign policy anxiety was which shitty little dictator to slap around in the name of human rights
>political correctness was a late-night punchline

9/11 was the perfect event to slap us out of our 1990s happiness and usher in our current age of awful shit

Attached: dropped.jpg (1024x663, 52K)

this /thread

No it's fucking not? Drag-queens where common in the 80's

We are the drag generation. As for the eighties, that era was so freaking degenerate that the most popular form of culture was created by speed tripping men in leather and lace who wore make up. Watch a Motley Crue video for once in your life, poser.

Attached: Motley-Crue-At-Studio-1985-colo-billboard-1548.jpg (636x421, 110K)

misunderstood your test.
the last great era according to your test was the 50's

The 80's extended right up until about 1996, with its official death being the arrival of shit like the Spice Girls, Boy Bands and Britney Spears shortly thereafter. 9/11 marked a huge change, of course, but Smartphones, man, those things should not have been put in the hands of the masses. Feel sorry for bringing a boy into this world in 2008.

>Boy Bands

You have mercifully forgotten or are too young to remember New Kids on the Block

It just seemed like the perfect amount of technology vs. society...

But there was no proliferation of multiple boy band acts back in the 80's. What, you want to lump in Menudo?

And >the absolutely horrific shit music of the late 80s. What podunk town did you grow up in? Try this for starters: youtube.com/watch?v=1kAIMlISHhU

we entered the age of aquarius sometime around mid 2009.
just like it was predicted, there was a steady decline of culture in the 50 years or so leading up to 2009.
its safe to say that around 1990 or so, things really started to go downhill, and fast.

the days are not quite as long anymore, the nights are less 'vivid', music doesn't sound good, movies are shit, and culture as a whole has become sick in the head.
people have developed a primal curiosity and urge to invade others privacy, and are obsessed more with delusions of grandeur, and wild fantasies rather than reality.

Attached: 3583679427135.jpg (1148x861, 63K)

You're gay, so how could you have missed this?

youtube.com/watch?v=NhGoZLudKyk

>grunge
>good
Kill yourself

Agreed. There were always degens but once the internet and smartphones became mainstream (2007+) that's when the drop in society began. We went from strong, free, independent to phone zombies.

>And >the absolutely horrific shit music of the late 80s.

I'm talking about mainstream music -- of course all the bands that became huge in the 90s started out in the 80s.

But you weren't hearing them on the radio.

Yes. It was the last time I remember women being actual women, instead of cunts all the time. I miss those days.

Go listen to 30 straight hours of Damn Yankees and new jack swing and then listen to some Nirvana. It was like hearing Jesus.

Except they were literally rolling in pussy. Hair metal was a style. It's not drag. That scene, it was a bunch of flamboyant heterosexual alpha males. They weren't trying to be chicks, but be transgressive and get attention. They were dressing that way for pussy and not dick.

Damn... Don't worry life goes in cycles. Best times will show up anytime soon.

Name one album from the past 5 years that is as good as Pearl Jam Ten or Alice in Chains Dirt.

Attached: 14837261737570.jpg (640x640, 61K)

I remember the 90s, immediate memories are blasting slayer/pantera in my 300zxt and how few mexicans there were compared to now, great time
t. geezer

This, also in the age of aquarius must to be cool and interesting. What the heck is happening?

>Yes. The internet is the biggest kike trike of them all. Its killed Western society.

What are you doing rabbi? The same good goys that were in power in the 80s and 90s are still in power today. The process of killing the west has been going strong since long before the internet became mainstream.

2017 / 2018 has been bretty gud

Ofcourse it was, is that even a question?

>yfw you will never be a fuccboi in 1989 and never drive your brand new Nissan Silvia S13

Attached: 0a72019972.jpg (1280x901, 161K)

Maybe we can invent time travel

yeah i suppose

someone answer this. i'm genuinely curious.

Unless there is concrete at the base of that thing then I'm not impressed.

Pleb scum.

Attached: Napoleon Dynamite Time Machine.jpg (700x524, 52K)

Actual women haven't changed. It's just the ones in the media who have. Real women are exactly the same and almost none of them are feminists.

Funny how you couldn't answer it, though.

Fuck that. I have learned so much from the internet. Without it I would probably be married to some coal burning roastie watching the latest Jew propaganda. It is a true blessing.

Who listens to an entire album any more?

More like "what shit band nowadays can release 10 or so listenable songs at once?"

What about broken glass?

I used to. Dark side of the moon comes to mind.

They don't claim to be femenist but they fully use the state to support themselves and advance under muh stonk wahmen meme. I don't blame them but to act that they don't all silently support this is disingenuous

sorry about your attention span dude

I remember these times. God damn life has become so empty and hollow and meaningless. Life is no longer about spending time with friends and making memories and enjoying being alive. Now its all artificial experiences, fake friends, and worthless electronic shit to fill the void.

Attached: fuck.jpg (632x328, 18K)

And memes. God damn fucking memes. We can't even genuinely communicate with one another, we have to reduce emotional experiences down into image macros of and gifs of dumb whore celebrities saying some trite shit.
Why did this single pic make me feel so depressed?

If we stretch it to six years, Coheed and Cambria's Afterman albums were breddy gud

Pink Floyd "Dark Side of the Moon", a good example of an excellent album. It's hard to find a recent contender for an album like this.

I also noticed a big decline in general society starting around 2007, particularly on the internet
The Obama years were a fucking shit show

It was about the last time that the world had a distinctly analogue character, despite the widespread availability of technology. Not to go all Ted K. about this but I really do think that we have gone far too far, to the point where as the intrusion of technology into our lives increases what we pay for it no longer leads to an improvement, but rather is detrimental to us.

1520's spainish explorer

Attached: 1455497893776.png (493x493, 330K)

there have been a lot but they don't get mainstream attention because the average age of the music market has gone from mid-20s to early teens, which is why most pop music is retarded - its literally targetted at 12 year olds spending their parents money on iTunes to listen to whatever dumb shit is popular right now

so many fail to realize this

i use to be good at the maths, then i discovered the internet.

Attention spans have fallen through the floor anyway due to the rapid availability of information and entertainment that modern wireless internet connections allow access to.

Idk bands like Def Leppard, Guns N Roses were pretty badass and the music was fun. I still listen to all that stuff now. Born in 77, lived in Seattle during the "grunge" shit, which was basically a bunch of heroin addicted faggots getting popular for awhile.

Sounds like an excuse to me.

Become stronger.

There are measurable statistics that show this to be true, and with many major social media platforms employing phycologists and neurologists to make their apps even more addictive you can throw out any idea this is all a natural thing.

people didn't have hugboxes to get their degeneracy validated and amplified. if you wanted to cut your dick off you kept it to yourself instead of getting cheered on and rewarded with attention from thousands of strangers.

Yes, I grew up to be a communist.

70s and 80s.
One house phone, no pagers, cops would rough you up instead of doing paperwork. Fun times.

Attached: IMG_0528.jpg (1280x720, 109K)

90's kid here,
It was nice. I got to play outside and when I was done I got to play video games and use my computer, best of both worlds. Politics were funny when people were trying to make video games educational and made cartoons teach a moral lesson and both failed miserably. Biggest happenings of our time were the Gulf War, Waco, North Hollywood Shootout, Atlanta bombings, cult suicides, and OKC bombing but we had no fear. JObs were decent, I started working at age 11 for a friend of our family and I was making $10 per hour in 1998, nobody got fired and all we had were short layoffs. We had family outing and took what seemed like lots of vacations. It was a nice time.

Attached: images(8).jpg (299x168, 8K)

Because deep down, we all know we can never revert back time. We can never alter the course of history in it's current sinking trajectory. We can never put back God in people who have willingly sought to forcefully remove Him from their perception of reality. We can't go back to pre-politically correctness.

The world has dramatically changed. These few photos and artifacts of the past serve as evidence and beacon to what the world once was.

Attached: 6bc43f06fce9427311b06ba0212825dd.jpg (338x480, 50K)

yes, because a kid in the 80's and 90's wasn't going to be pumped full of fucking fag hormones just for picking up the wrong toy. everybody knew their gender and didn't cater to mental disorders.

In my own little corner of the world, which is to say American fiction, Jeff Bezos of Amazon may not be the antichrist, but he surely looks like one of the four horsemen. Amazon wants a world in which books are either self-published or published by Amazon itself, with readers dependent on Amazon reviews in choosing books, and with authors responsible for their own promotion. The work of yakkers and tweeters and braggers, and of people with the money to pay somebody to churn out hundreds of five-star reviews for them, will flourish in that world. But what happens to the people who became writers because yakking and tweeting and bragging felt to them like intolerably shallow forms of social engagement? What happens to the people who want to communicate in depth, individual to individual, in the quiet and permanence of the printed word, and who were shaped by their love of writers who wrote when publication still assured some kind of quality control and literary reputations were more than a matter of self-promotional decibel levels? As fewer and fewer readers are able to find their way, amid all the noise and disappointing books and phony reviews, to the work produced by the new generation of this kind of writer, Amazon is well on its way to making writers into the kind of prospectless workers whom its contractors employ in its warehouses, labouring harder for less and less, with no job security, because the warehouses are situated in places where they're the only business hiring. And the more of the population that lives like those workers, the greater the downward pressure on book prices and the greater the squeeze on conventional booksellers, because when you're not making much money you want your entertainment for free, and when your life is hard you want instant gratification ("Overnight free shipping!").
archive.is/85tep

Yes. I feel bad for the kids having to grow up in the 2010s where the school years are wasted staring at smartphones rather than actually interacting with other kids.

80's kid here. I was probably the age of most of you millennials now when I came across Jow Forums long ago. It's been interesting watching you guys slowly wake up to the reality of the internet. And that seems to be within the last few years. I see more and more of these 80's and 90's nostalgia threads. I'm glad to know GenX is not alone in saying life was really different back then. Yes, generations like to give each other shit, but we are the last to know what life was like without a glowing rectangle in your face all the time. I'm glad we can share in this experience.

Here here.
Let's go ride bikes.

grunge is literally the worst most pathetic worthless garbage since rap. grunge was the death knell of talent and beauty in music in favor of insufferable posing as heroin junkie slacker retards moaning in monotone to tortuously repetitive guitar noise. total fucking garbage. nirvana was a rip off a bunch of other people who did it first but somehow got the credit. pathetic. all of it. 90s was fucking trash except for the vibe that we were one the verge of some great cultural/spiritual/mystery breakthrough like the coming of knowledge of aliens or return to lost knowledge and that kind of shit that was a pervasive back beat in the culture.

Attached: Helmets are for Fags.jpg (595x429, 40K)

Oldfags on /mu/

kid's got some balls

'generations' are bullshit designed by marketers to separate people into categories. divide and conquer. by subscribing and perpetuated the concept of hard lines between generations you play perfectly into their big nosed trap you fucking droobthwonkers. stop drawing lines in the sand and making teams based on arbitrary dates and numbers. crooping snigtwimpers.

90's kid here.

It's like our generation (millenials) were at the tail-end of a golden age. Where people were still normal and traditional. When things were still relatively okay and people had their solid perspectives of life and the world in general. We are in nihilism because nothing we ever do can compare to the generations past where things were easier. We are forced to live this post-apocalyptic nightmare come to reality of consumerism, vanity, violence, ignorance, death and destruction. It's like walking amongst the bones of a decaying, gigantic beast that we now call the current USA.

We can attempt to change things but the odds have been so unfairly stacked against our favor decades ago, that any attempt at change is an attempt at futility. We seek to live like our parents did in the 70's, 80's and 90's and would like our offspring to do the same. But it seems hopeless and the people who had that kind of past mindset no longer exist today.

Attached: 1487360794930.jpg (500x375, 74K)

No the internet was fine before smartphones.

No helmets, never wore seatbelts, parents smoked around us constantly, played touch football in the street (Car!!!), didn't wear sunscreen, and played lawn darts. Life was just different back then.

yep born in 76 dude. i get it.

i can't believe i didn't give my parents a heart attack with some of the shit i did.

>80's
If you didn't grow up in the 80s, you didn't live. This was actually acceptable and you could continue working after larping as a black man to get his affirmative action.

youtube.com/watch?v=XbX9U622I5Q

Attached: soulman.jpg (284x177, 6K)

Shit, man. Do kids even "sneak out" at night anymore during summer break?

Now to figure out how to raise a child to have patience and to appreciate process, ritual, the journey, etc rather than to value instant gratification.

t. was too young to understand the 90s. Nirvana got to be front in center because cobain killed himself. It was at least authentic.

It may, indeed, be hopeless. But at least we still have this forum in which to speak uncensored.....though that may be taken away in the not-too-distant future :(

Life was he'll before the internet as there was nothing to do

By bringing back "Smear the Queer!" Anyone old enough to remember that schoolyard gem of a "game"?

Sometimes I feel like the web is more of a pressure valve than anything else. Imagine what we'd do if we didn't have rage threads, and the masses didn't have their dopamine drips telling them everything is actually great.

Despite our hyper-connectedness we're never been more atomised and alone.

no, things are fucked.

i told my 15 year old kid to get the fuck outside last friday night at like 7 pm and he said it was "too late". i was like motherfucker curfew is 11 bitch get out.

then i locked the door behind him and he went to the pool and had an impromptu fun time with some kids that go to his school. then i lit up a camp fire in the back yard, and they all came over and chilled. i think his weenie is tingly for the 14 year old neighbor girl.

i was like see fuckface how much fun it is to live your life (vidya is banned at my home). too bad i have to beat him over the head with it.

when i was 15 i was out of control. a fucking menace. i smoked drank did drugs and spent 90% of my life at the beach surfing. not saying this was good or anything, but at least i lived my life away from a glowing screen, smdh..

I grew up in the 90's learning that it was ok to be gay and the Bill Clinton was a great president and here we are.

fuck yeah smear the queer was great. also butts up.

I feel bad for you. Growing up without internet would be hell

Other way around. The internet is telling you everything is failing

Not only do I remember it, I remember the beating my dad gave me when he overheard me playing it with the boys. How the fuck he decided corporal punishment is fine but "homophobia" isn't, I'll never understand.

Obviously the broken glass is a given.

My nine year old asked if he could have his next b-day party at the waterpark, and not a "MineCraft Party like all his other friends have been having. This made me happy. There's hope, yet. But yeah, the tingling weenie years will probably turn my hair grey.