MRE GANG STRIKES AGAIN

MRE GANG STRIKES AGAIN

Attached: 71z1begTsdL._SY550_.jpg (374x550, 40K)

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/Mountain-House-Beef-Stroganoff-Noodles/dp/B0002YRNJK/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1530069454&sr=8-2&keywords=mountain food
youtube.com/watch?v=O0ciBudwIV0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I tried one of these. They taste like absolute shit. Why not just carry salami and cheese ffs?

Couldn't possibly be worse than the vomelet.

This.

I have about 80 stocked up that I'm saving for when economy collapses from coming race war

Constipation during the dystopia doesn't sound fun though.

The vegetarian ones are unironically the best. Especially if you get that smooth peanut butter packet.

Attached: 1454194037724.gif (200x317, 892K)

Let's get this out into a trash can. Nice.

Fuck you. Chili Mac Master Race

It's much simpler and tastier to stockpile long lasting foods like root vegetables and canned or otherwise preserved fruit and vegetables.

MREs arent supposed to taste good or your fat asses would just snack on them and then you'd be fucked in an actual emergency.

They are supposed to boost your energy right? like filled with sugar, salt and caffeine?

Wouldn’t mind that DESU. Just finished eating Thai Beef jerky and it was delish

Attached: 311693CA-6287-4717-86D2-4190D4A76518.jpg (1024x645, 94K)

boys

Attached: e0d4724489158f7b58c08185a02fff8476136ca59468d08f7c99fc2d964db7d1.png (668x936, 1.52M)

>Thai Beef jerky
is that what they're calling them now?

If you want something more palatable in a package that still lasts basically indefinitely, buy some fucking oreos or cheese+PB crackers. These things would probably double as solid MREs in a pinch. Throw in an animal pak or other multivitamin to cover all your other bases and you are god-tier.

That shit is for the military. Civis eat the good stuff. Mountain House tastes as good as your mom's cooking.
amazon.com/Mountain-House-Beef-Stroganoff-Noodles/dp/B0002YRNJK/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1530069454&sr=8-2&keywords=mountain food

Attached: maga_burger.png (460x468, 333K)

fucking NICE taste in cuisine AND Youtubers

Attached: 1484301409914.jpg (333x333, 51K)

anyone who actually pays for an MRE is clinically fucking retarded. except for steve.

this.
i like me some backpackers pantry.
kinda pricy and requires hot water but much fucking better.

Attached: a806ace7c570865229a24d1de2527479264ba957f946f3faf3fadbf3b5e7e7d1.jpg (4211x5315, 3.03M)

Lets get this out on a tray

N I C E
I
C
E

enjoy the shit plug that you will def have. these thing are made to boost your energy and plug your ass with hard shit.
>in the middle of a battle
>need to take shit
>shits
>dies
Also made to make sure you dont shit yourself when you die because who wants to pick up bodies smelling like shit

this is for you

This guy gets it.
Cornbread is all i need.

The omlete is an aborted fetus. Prove me wrong.

The eggs aren’t fertizlized.

Any more stories of GI misadventures with the MRE?

O SHIT

I just had a Menu 09 the other night. Came with beef stew, whole grain snack bread, peanutbutter, blackberry jelly, pretzel sticks, nut and raisin mix, coffee, creamer, pack of sucralose, fruit punch electrolyte beverage powder, Tabasco, Iodized salt, chewing gum, toilet paper, moist towelette, and that standard MRE spoon.

Everything was really good. That multi grain snack bread was surprisingly soft and refreshing with the peanut butter and jelly. The blackberry jam was a nice touch. As far as the entree, the beef stew could have used a little more moisture and either the packet of salt or Tabasco as it was a little bland. The fruit and nut mix, while containing no added salt or sugar was surprisingly refreshing and high quality. The only thing I didn't understand is why they give you aspartame instead of real sugar for your coffee.

I'd rate it a 7/10.

i talked to him via facebook today

totally cool guy

Attached: 1529173879399.jpg (233x246, 17K)

is this a military MRE or a civi one?

Great reference

Your mom must have been a shit cook.

he's a cool dude. he answered my questions via facebook. not many youtubers do that

That's a military ration. The way you'll know is it will say department of defense official U.S. on the packaging.

Mountain House is included in several cold weather military rations to save weight as they have to pack more meals with them and also carry more weight. MRE's are ready to eat and require no preparation.

>MRE is Meals Rejected by Ethiopians
>4 fingers of death and anything with egg are disgusting
>Desserts are generally good, lemon poppyseed being great.

no it doesn't, stop lying

Attached: very real bear.jpg (831x1045, 102K)

The MRE's now are like a good tasting hearty meal compared to the older versions. If you had ever had to eat a dehydrated pork patty meal you wouldn't be complaining.. Quit whining, the MRE's are fucking great now.

What, you didn't like the imitation pork ribs? I'd still take it over those breakfast hot a's...

I would eat MREs more if they didn't taste like a plastic and pure purservatives

4 fingers of death haven't been on the menu for decades. Everything now is generally palatable, save for a few items here or there. I hear the maple sausage patty menu is basically pure sugar though.

GET'EM READY

Attached: image.jpg (895x1200, 80K)

i tried some mres from many countries and i still think ours are the best

>air force basic training
>doing our week of outdoor shit
>tasked with handing out MREs to the flight
>hoard the chilli mac, veggie burger, and pork rib
>give the assholes i don't like the omelettes and tuna

The Russian, French, Italian, and PLA rations look the most appetizing to me. The least appetizing I've seen so far have been the Israeli, and Japanese.

ROK and Japan looked worst for me. The weirdest was the Filipinos. They didn't have shit; they simply would phone somebody and a guy in a van would show up in the middle of the jungle with a bunch of shit.

Yeah I forgot about ROK. What is it with ROK and Japan having mostly nasty seaweed and pickled vegetable dishes. None of it is even remotely hearty or filling. At least the Chinese give you a huge portion of rice and meat with some crackers and meat spread.

Actually the side dishes are very nice and the main dish depending on the specific MRE can be quite good. Definitely as good as any prepackaged store bought food, the chemicals that allow that shit to stay shelf stable for decades spooks me though.

Omelette lung -5.
Mini tobacco +5

What do you do with the Charms?

Chili mac and the beef taco. Take that cheese spread and mix it in.

>implying they aren't from planned Parenthood.

Keeps you from shiiting your pants while you lay in position to ambush some leftists.

Jalapeño spread FTW.

fuck you all . MRE are great and NICE

Attached: NICEhiss.jpg (371x532, 30K)

Fuck that, Chicken fajita is the best. Break up the chicken, add jalapeno cheese, mix to make nice queso dip. Use crackers as chips.

Well, here's to hoping you're ambushing those leftists in order to obtain better food.

You know, I wish they would do away with most of the side dishes and junk food and give you something more along the lines of a Russian IRP. A really hearty meat dish, a nice side of Pate with crackers, some sort of hot grain, a healthy snack mix for getting some energy on the go and couple bars of chocolate. I'd be perfectly content with that, vs all the bullshit in the US MRE's that mimic processed shitty gas station foods.

nah mre's are pretty good
so roughly 40 days for 1 person.
they're water activated have at least a gallon saved for each day.

They fucked with menu 1 no more brownie. Loved hearing that up and eating it with the cornbread

Maximum comfy.

Attached: c778eb19c73ed00b05666a215c49b29d7d5ece563a16b1b24608bee1f708539d.jpg (357x524, 149K)

Fuck you, I liked the frankenfingers.

That's what you want. Do you really think you'd want to take a huge soft serve cow in the middle of the 110 degree desert with nothing but 3 sheets of toilet paper to wipe your ass? 15 minutes later your ass would be dripping with hot sweaty fecal matter and itching so bad you couldn't concentrate on anything else.

There's a reason I take an immodium before I go camping. I don't want to have to shit at all when there isn't a place to shower afterward.

I always carried a bottle of tapatio in my ruck for this very reason. You provide solid arguments user.

>all that sugar junk
That i agree with, i assume your schools serve the same """"healthy food"""". I've had a russian emergency food parcel with mostly the same stuff that their IRP have and it's pretty good stuff, definitely more hearty and healthy than those MRE's.

our schools serve healthy food, but nobody eats it or buys it.

Not if you packed those baby wipes the ruck brother.

You've got me thinking about that roast beef and kasha you fucking nigger.

You weren't in the military, were you?

The Buffalo chicken MRE was NOT designed to plug your ass. If anything, it opens it up.

In the military, you get "soldier's guts". Similar to "nurse's bladder". The urge just doesn't come until you have an opportunity to go. I went through an entire base defense exercise in Korea without shitting at all. Two days. Got back to the barracks and immediately took a dump. It just works that way.Bet that was a rough 3 weeks.

Can we take moment and talk about the field biscuits and gravy (and sausage)? Yeah, not MRE. The shit that was shiped out to lines, somehow mixed up in those heat/coolers. as part of a nutritional breakfast?. Why?

I know the feels user. I drive for a living, and if I ever have to take a road cow, I have a giant pack of baby wipes with me. Nothing worse than driving around all day with swamp ass.

Only if the wipes are unscented. Spent 3 months once in Iraq having to use baby powder scented wipes as our only means of hygiene. The smell makes me want to gag now.

Alright i suppose i have been memed to assume all you get is cornsyrup slurry and fast food there.

That can be true, but I work in a field where I'm constantly getting adrenaline surges every time I have to do a job. It's dangerous. First thing that happens is my stomach gets upset and I feel like I have to shit my pants.

Schools serve cafeteria style food. What you would get in a hospital. It's not bad, definitely not good. A lot of it is canned. They've been trying to get more fresh items on the menu but they have an extremely limited budget. My sister used to manage a school kitchen and she was always pushing for a bigger budget. She did what she could with what she was given, which meant a lot of canned foods and frozen items. It's pretty sad, honestly.

Steve reviewed the Vomlet and actually liked it with the salsa:
>youtube.com/watch?v=O0ciBudwIV0

Attached: nice.gif (444x250, 3.04M)

And most of it isn't that canned or frozen food is cheaper, it's probably more expensive, but they couldn't afford the labor to prepare everything fresh. There's a shitload of prep that goes into making 2 meals a day for 1000 students.

They're not good. Better off making your own for way cheaper.

1) Stock up when there is a sale on spam. I bought a bunch at 2 bucks each, they're usually 2.50 to 4.00 at the grocery store. That's good amount of protein. Spam can is light weight compared to other canned products.
2) Bag of yellow rice at dollar tree. Other options: ramen or knorr sides (pasta). Takes care of carbs.
3) Bag of dehydrated cranberries / dehydrated bananas at the dollar tree or 99 cent store.
4) Tea bag/powdered drink mixes for cheap.
5) Add free plastic forks knives and napkin kits from fast food places. Roll up some TP just like in those MREs.

I wish Steve would upload more often. Between him and Garandthumb I feel I'm in a constant content dry spell.

I hear ya, but I still have to make sure I'm eating when watching one of his videos or I get hungry. I haven't checked out Garandthumb though.

Attached: 1506021463359.jpg (750x1199, 75K)

You get pork rib with some tortillas and trade for some jalapeño cheese and its golden.

In reality though if they just came with peanut butter and cigarettes youwouldnt need much else

>tfw no comfy Vomlet with salsa for breakfast
why even live?

Attached: Steve.png (656x622, 944K)

Definitely check him out. Has a ton of survival / firearms related content. He's in the Air Force and trains pilots how to survive when their plane goes down behind enemy lines. His dad is Travis Haley of Haley strategic. Lots of good info, as unbiased as it gets on YouTube. If you're into SHTF type stuff he's a great resource, and to top it all off he's the most handsome man I've ever laid eyes on.. Well, him and Steve are tied.

Jalapeno cheese spread grace me with your presence on those nasty fucking crackers

Helped an old lady from church move the other day. We found one of these in the garage. It was made in 1963 and weighed about 20 to 30 pounds. We figured it was bad after 55 years in a hot garage and chucked it. I really wanted to taste one, but I also didn't want to sit on the shitter for next week.

Why not just go to CostCo and buy a 50 pound bag of rice. Put it in an airtight metal container with some silica gel packs and a little diatomaceous powder?

Attached: SurvivalCrackers.jpg (2000x1328, 1.51M)

The brisket that comes with the twizzlers is amazing.

Jalapeno beef patty is also very solid.

The only thing you'd have to worry about with those is the shortening spoiling. But, if they've been sealed air tight they're probably still edible. Smell them, and if they have any kind of sweet aroma like fruit or smell of mold they're spoiled. If they smell fresh they're probably good to go.

Yea your buying a bag that can hold up to being in transport with out getting punctured. Rice, beans, peanut butter, non iodine salt, honey, canned ham. just as good with proper storage.

My dad bought some of these and the candy ones at an Army Surplus store for like a 5 dollars years back. I ate some, and Im still alive, although I wish I hadn't have opened them up and resold them for alot of shekles.

They all went bad. Never had a can that was remotely edible.

Literally the most vile thing you could imagine. Good collector item nonetheless

>why they give you aspartame instead of real sugar for your coffee

they were probably shooting for a specific calorie count and that kept them under

checked and keked

I just want those 1950s Camels.

Rumsfeld was CEO of the company that created aspartame. Makes you wonder.

MREs are way too calorie dense and unhealthy unless you're a soldier marching. You're only supposed to eat them for a few days tops. You should have bought regular survival food that has a shelf life of 25 years.

yes, i mean take the memes with a grain of salt. They do serve garbage food, but they also serve healthy food. students rather eat the garbage because it tastes better than the banana, cup of fruit, and warm veggies they serve