Session's SITSA Bill to BAN Kratom in U.S. - URGENT

Kratom, a completely benign herbal cure for opiate addicts, chronic pain sufferers, people with anxiety, depression, and something that does numerous other good things for literally millions of Americans daily is under threat of being banned almost overnight thanks to Jeff Session's SITSA Bill.

SITSA, or the "Stop the Importation and Trafficking of Synthetic Analogs Act", would give Sessions the ability to supersede ordinary DEA scheduling procedures, where a substance would be put under scientific review and evaluated, and make perfectly harmless herbal remedies such as Kratom illegal, leaving many who use the herb, which is botanically related to the coffee plant and usually consumed as a tea, as a means to detox from heavy opioids, to turn back to harder alternatives such as heroin and fentanyl.

Attached: kratom plant leaves.jpg (960x640, 63K)

Other urls found in this thread:

aminotheory.com/coffee/
kratomcrazy.com/2017/06/24/antioxidant-effects-kratom/
entheology.com/preservation/kratom-medical-research/
m.youtube.com/watch?v=eJ5kNEL0KzI
newsweek.com/war-veteran-kratom-dea-taking-away-right-manageable-life-498996
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I am all for combating the opioid epidemic--it is killing white Americans in record numbers daily--but this is NOT the way to do it. For many, Kratom is their saving grace from addiction; not to mention all the other non-opioid-addicted individuals who use the herb in their diet for everything from working out, to as a safe alternative for alcohol, to a cure for pain or anxiety even.

Please, I know many of you are aware of this plant's benefit to all Americans. This is not a partisan issue. This is a natural alternative to (((pharmaceuticals))) and it's obvious why they want to put a stop to it.

Please do anything in your power, write to your representatives, help meme this bill from banning Kratom. We need to make sure that this bill DOES NOT INCLUDE "natural botanical plants and herbs", such as kratom, which pose no threat to human health (literally no deaths attributed to kratom solely, does not cause CNS depression). Please look into this issue before it is too late. I am calling my representatives tomorrow. Hopefully we can make enough of an impression to get the FDA to consider it as a nutritional supplement or something to that effect.

Thank you.

bump

fuck off druggie, get a job

sessions is based

>sessions is based

Attached: 878.gif (501x372, 8K)

>druggie

Attached: 7547848.png (501x372, 163K)

This is about banning a plant, which is no more dangerous than coffee or chocolate (both also drugs). It helps people with severe anxiety, depression, or chronic pain. It's way safer than pharmaceutical alternatives with harsh side effects.

>completely benign
bullshit, nothing is completely benign, especially opioids.
>b-but its not an opioid
yes it is, stop lying

That said, I think it should remain legal, and all recreational drugs should be legalized as well.

>a completely benign herbal cure for opiate addicts
I've read accounts from supposed ex opiate addicts that this shit is harder to quit. Don't know if I believe either way. If its a step towards being sober it shouldn't be banned.

>freedom hater
leave my country.

Attached: 1467594383483.gif (139x121, 634K)

>its just a plant bro
>its like coffee or chocolate which are also drugs haha
>muhh pharmacies

jesus its like you were handed a script and checked off all the druggie talking points

It has affinity for the mu-opioid receptor. You know what else does? Coffee. And many other legal, relatively safe products.

the drugs have no similarities to chocolate or coffee. STOP LYING. The drugs kratom contains are OPIOIDS. You are doing everyone a disservice by promoting the ridiculous narrative that it is similar to coffee. Anyone who has used it enough knows it is an opioid with all the same bells and whistles.

He's correct though. Kratom is, by all logical qualities, equal to coffee or tea. It is in fact closely related to the tea plant.

Calling someone a druggie does not refute this fact. Moralfaggot.

You know nothing about pharmacology, do you? Stop promoting narratives you KNOW are bullshit and maybe people wont try to outlaw plants based on ignorance.

It is a plant though. A plant so closely related to coffee that they are in the same taxonomic family, Rubicacae.

>the phramashill rat trying to blend in

Attached: 1520384973781.jpg (480x418, 26K)

If you gave a someone 3 unidentified doses, one of caffeine, one of kratom, and one of morphine, then asked them to tell you which were similar, caffeine would be exluded every time. You know this if youve ever done kratom. Intellectual dishonesty is only making it more likely to get banned.

The alkaloids are not xanthines like caffeine, theobromine, or theophylline, but they are very much unlike classical opioids as well. Not to mention, coffee, chocolate, other psychoactive plants have many other compounds and plant alkaloids which do a variety of things. Some of which, including those in coffee, react with opioid receptors

aminotheory.com/coffee/

It is not similar to morphine, though. Have YOU done kratom? Many strains in doses below extremely high amounts cause a stimulating effect. It has a unique pharmacology and structure to that of morphine or codeine

I am what is called a "drug nerd", moron. Read my comments and you will see that I support Kratom remaining legal. It's just retarded to promote ignorance, when ignorance is what gets drugs banned. Also, not everyone who disagrees with you is an enemy. I'm sorry your feelings are so sensitive.

Attached: SaintPeter.jpg (1024x768, 204K)

Those puppies look healthy. Props to the grower.

It’s not a synthetic analog tho

>very much unlike classical opioids
not their MOA.
>coffee/chocolate have many other compounds
You would have to do a lot of lab work to get to threshold levels of anything in coffee/cocoa besides caffeine or theobromine.
>coffee...opiod receptors
look at the affinities and the concentrations. You are talking about chemicals in such small quantities in coffee/chocolate as to be inconsequential in the resulting effect. You are being disingenuous to yourself if you have done Kratom and believe this. You are doing a disservice to Kratoms legality by promoting ignorance. If you are high on Kratom it is an opioid high, there is no other way to characterize it.

You are a moron or a liar, either way, not worth my time.
>he doesnt know about opiate's stimulant-like effects

Not mine unfortunately, but i do well enough that my columns need to be trimmed every year to make it through the doorway for winter dormancy.

yhea, by all mean have the attorney general making decisions on what drugs to be scheduled.

separation of powers much, asshole?

this is all because kratom is cutting into some jews pharmaceutical company profits.

>that 71 year old boomer who wants to ban everything

I gotta get out of this thread, its just so frustrating. If you honestly dont think it's more similar to opiates than fucking caffeine (lol wtf?) double your dose once, then you will see.

I don't see your point. It is very different to morphine. It's its own thing. Just because something is an "opioid" does not mean that it is necessarily bad. Morphine is infinitely more dangerous than kratom.

>separation of powers much, asshole?

omg liek, can you not

stupid fucking druggies think they belong here with their buzzfeed writing style

Growing healthy plants is its own drug. More people should take it up, be it bonsai or a full garden. Whatever you can fit into your life.

This

Fuck the pharma kikes

It pisses me off because all drugs should be legal. On the other hand, it tastes like shit, is vomit inducing and the buzz is weak.

im not a druggie, fuckface.
there is a good reason you dont give a single person, who has no chemistry education, the powers to decide what gets scheduled.

sorry if it cuts into your daddys profits, chaim.

How can we have any freedom when we cannot make the decision to consume any poison we wish? It is the MOST fundamental of all freedoms.

Attached: asdfsadfafsd.png (543x761, 1.16M)

I'm back guys. So what's the word today?

Attached: IFOt.gif (480x358, 771K)

Fuck off freedom hater, move to mexico if you dont like individual liberty.

Attached: 1467592955625.jpg (800x738, 50K)

That's a nice t. panochi you got there. I just started fertilizing mine this week

Oh shit, what will Good Looking Loser ever do?

If you want to persuade someone, address the most robust formulation of their argument. Strawmanning as you just only serves as virtue signalling and emboldens the enemy because they now have reason to believe you dont have a sound argument for your position. Just a little tip.

kratomcrazy.com/2017/06/24/antioxidant-effects-kratom/

entheology.com/preservation/kratom-medical-research/

Kratom is a super herb. 20x more antioxidants then green tea. The greedy kikes want to ban anything beneficial to society that they can’t make money on. Kratom is being demonized in the media it’s all lies.

Attached: A37E5990-BE35-4BED-99CC-BE8DB6A2EF7B.jpg (640x480, 59K)

Nice and fat. Beautiful.

Nice! A lot of people don't realize how fast they can grow if you just give them what they need. I like bridgesii the best but they are much less photogenic.

Your snarkyness aside this bill has more to do with money than saving lives.
Government doesnt give a shit about lives.

I can't believe a direct competitior to pharma's opiates has survived this long with Sessions in Charge. He gargles pharma's cock.

I hate how reddit gets anal about Kratom. Shit gets you fucking high, no way to cut it.

I did the stuff for a month straight and I don't think it should be banned but faggots on reddit who talk about it like it's medicine and people don't use it to get lit can fuck off. Shit literally like taking a hydro or two. Fuck the feds for trying to ban it, and fuck the redditors for lying to themselves.

I think the safety angle is the best one- purely from a pharmacological standpoint partial opiod agonists are always safer than full agonists. You can get habituated (addicted) to mytraginine or 7-hydroxymitragynine but it won't kill you, just make you feel like utter shit.

Attached: dzFIVcX.gif (432x320, 1.37M)

You know for sure if he is going to go after this plant or is it just speculation? Either way, congress should make these decisions. Sessions can't be assed to stop this stupid investigation but he can do this?

what's a good kratom for pain and depression?

>Shit gets you fucking high
...So?
Beer gets you drunk. Big deal.

>OHR MAH GERD! YOU'RE GETTIGNG HIGH?
Yes. Yes I am.

when is trump going to get rid of that useless old fart?

Its from a few years ago, had to take a cutting last year because it got too tall but its on original root so its branching nicely.

Attached: dfbhgadefgsvz.png (1186x872, 1.61M)

Shut the fuck up kike.

Kratom is harmless. Government shouldn’t tell us what we are allowed to put in our bodies. Kratom dosent kill it is cheap it’s an alternative to hardcore opiates. The kikes make money off oxy and fent suboxone methadone and benzos. Kratom helps people avoid those harmful substances

Attached: 8019E00C-46F4-4BFE-B614-5469B279A57C.jpg (300x295, 28K)

>I am what is called a "drug nerd"
a/k/a "a loser". It's okay, I was one too.

Thats not snarkyness, that is actually one of my most strongest beliefs when it comes to the concept of Freedom. Even if it was poison (it's not) you should be able to take it if you want to.

I like to abuse mine and then make cuttings and baby them until they're about 4 feet high. I haven't harvested them for any ceremony in a couple of years but the wachuma steered me in the right direction when I needed it.

Attached: Aan4Ts3.gif (480x358, 966K)

fucking glad. people need to stop taking drugs and fix their problems without it. if you have a debilitating disease, fucking die already and stop ruining the gene pool. also fuck weed

>pain
literally any
>depression
sort yourself out bucko, a painkiller isn't gonna turn your life around.

checked.
Kratom did help me get off IV heroin

Just a random persons input here:

I use kratom irregularly, and it has a very mild effect. Certainly less than alcohol or marijuana. It's a partial opiod agonist which is different from drugs like heroin, oxy or even codeine which are full agonists. Imagine a drain which is partially sealed versus a drain which is completely open, in basic terms. The rate at which it effects you is completely different.

The fact is, the (((pharma))) companies want you to be addicted to full agonists. They are much more prone to withdrawal and negative side effects and they cost a hell of a lot more. With kratom, I can take a teaspoon of it and feel less neck pain from a job related injury. It doesn't make me a zombie like hard opiates. In fact, it has a slight stimulating effect similar to coffee which helps me get work done.

At the end of the day, it's much easier to become addicted to pharmaceuticals which serve the same purpose. It's also functionally impossible to overdose on kratom, while tarheads are dying left and right.
You have to ask yourself - do you prefer a society where (((they))) get to choose what pills to take? Or do you prefer a society where you can ingest some powdered leaf if YOU choose to do so and it better serves your lifestyle?

>You can get habituated (addicted) to mytraginine or 7-hydroxymitragynine but it won't kill you, just make you feel like utter shit.
This was my wakeup call on what kind of fire I was playing with, and it happened about ten years ago before anyone beyond drug nerds knew of kratom. Of all the people exploring it in the early days nobody that i can remember compared it to coffee.

ok, but i heard some strain makes you more energetic.

i need more energy.

Oy vey goyim kratom is good buy more

Attached: 1529509902803.jpg (600x903, 222K)

Don't cut yourself on all that edge.

>just a faggot readitor here
Go back fag!

Attached: B260F25D-7416-4ED2-AF40-7B7DBC4DD744.jpg (800x450, 47K)

Red and white. The two primary active ingredients are mytraginine and 7- hydroxy m. The different colors have different ratios of the two.

It's a habit forming compound, but long term it's pretty safe and helps people's quality of life. I recommend buying it in bulk so you don't waste your money buying headshop trash and exposing yourself to seedy headshop people

100% this

People who are dependent on coffee or similarly caffeinated beverages (ie, those who drink daily), experience withdrawal symptoms as well, including lethargy, headache, and generally feeling like shit. Anything can be abused.

Agreed 100% never buy from head shops find a good vendor and buy in bulk much better quality

my buddy got into a motorcycle wreck that completely fucked him. He was on opiates for a long time, and it was ruining his life. I turned him on to kratom after hearing about it but never trying it.

It took 2 months for him to completely give up opiates all together, and can now function as a normal human being without being high out of his fucking mind.

banning kratom is a real fucking shitty thing to do.

dont overdose from that p450 enzyme

You were never a drug nerd. How many drugs did you study for years before ever procuring or consuming them? I bet the number is 1 or less. I smoke one joint a day and have a coffee in the morning, and a trip about once every year. Such a junkie I know. Oh yeah, I am also gainfully self employed and in the best physical shape of my life at the young age of 35. Excuse me for having intellectual interests in biology, pharmacology, and organic chemistry. I am terribly sorry.
>i am not sorry.

Attached: 541165481681681658.png (800x820, 267K)

I'M GETTING SICK AND FUCKING TIRED OF ANDY GODDAMN GRIFFITH HERE CHASING DOWN PLANTS WHEN THE LARGEST FUCKING CORRUPTION SCANDAL IN THE HISTORY OF MANKIND IS RIGHT IN FRONT OF HIS STUPID FACE. EITHER HE NEEDS TO DO SOMETHING - NOW - OR TRUMP NEEDS TO TRASH HIM AND FIND SOMEONE WHO WILL. WHAT A DISAPPOINTMENT HE WAS.

i have a friend that abuses kratom. it's not benign. it turns him into a fucking retard who's unable to carry on a simple conversation.
that being said, i don't think plants should be banned.

Never bad to take a losing situation and make something cool with it though.

Man's greatest achievement is agriculture, particularly horticulture. The sciences of chemistry and biology were founded off of the growth of plants. Those who carry on the traditions even as a hobby are generally respectable people.
A. Shulgin himself was as much a horticulturalist as he was a chemist. And from what I've read, Dr.Nichols is a green thumb too.

Word.

Attached: 145165156156.png (150x162, 60K)

Search for "kratom effects by strain."

What were the withdrawals like? I'm physically dependent on 80Mg Oxy a day right now. Get zero enjoyment, just use it to not go into withdrawal.
I'd like to kick it, but the pussy in me always chooses to take a single tablet and feel fine rather than suffer through a week of hell.
Did Kratom reduce the withdrawal a lot?
btw it's a legit script. I get 80Mg a day prescribed, so if it's easier just to taper down instead of using Kratom - that's an option too. It's not like I have to pay for it...thanks NHS.

Anyone?

It's an ugly business, the need to lobby and market something that should be a fundamental right. If people weren't trying to take away our liberty, it wouldn't empower the type of political groups that are okay with half truths and creative interpretations of facts. It's a safe but addictive drug. So is caffeine , so is nicotine. People just choose unhealthy ROA or learn unhealthy lifestyle and compensatory habits that we consider the classical symptoms of drug addiction and it muddied the waters

Attached: 5TAGAQ5.gif (320x240, 918K)

Eh, I prefer double spacing. I once had a teacher who wouldn't penalize for it and it made my life a lot easier.

Nigger.

Yes, particularly with cacti in his beautiful Berkeley garden. I suppose Ann tends to them now.

Attached: sasha_cacti.jpg (400x450, 115K)

Sessions wants a future were government stooges fly helicopters looking for Kratom growing

Attached: D45EFAB6-6C2E-43ED-ABC2-9523CBFA19AE.jpg (750x400, 134K)

The withdrawal effects of kratom are more similar to classical opiates though, I have experienced them. I'm not some unexperienced reporter who will buy that line, I have know from first hand experience.

Veterans love Kratom. If we help keep Kratom legal we will be doing God’s work

m.youtube.com/watch?v=eJ5kNEL0KzI

>”DEA TAKING AWAY MY RIGHT TO A MANAGABLE LIFE”
newsweek.com/war-veteran-kratom-dea-taking-away-right-manageable-life-498996

Attached: FF0757D7-F4E7-4A89-830E-6FE0FEE688FD.png (768x768, 291K)

>similar to classic opiates
you know, without all the death from withdrawal. It's similar in the sense that you'll feel like shit, but the main difference being is you won't FUCKING DIE

You even write like a readitor just overdose already!

I cannot vouch for their similarity to classic opiate withdrawal, but I will concede they are slightly more severe. From what I've heard from those who have experienced both though, is that opiate withdrawal is much more severe

Your friend was always a damaged retard. It sucks that he is dealing with his retardation in such a shitty way. Do you know what he is running away from? Didn't go to college? Bad family life? Bad job? Failed relationship? Drug addiction and self obliteration are a disease of the mind, and the physical addiction is just a partial manifestation of that

Attached: cHxUqxv.gif (480x358, 1.06M)

I would if I could, but unfortunately kratom is just too darn safe and I can't quite manage :'(

Too bad.

Attached: 1529783985855.jpg (163x161, 15K)

opium is also a plant.

>It's a safe but addictive drug.
so are classical opiates of known purity and dosage. Can you get hurt by taking too much? Yes. Especially if you isolate pure alkaloids. People die for pure caffeine overdoses, and nicotine is very dangerous in pure form. If consumed in the orignal plant carriers morphine, nicotine, caffeine, it is much harder to hurt yourself than in pure form.

Pharma shill detected.

>being this insecure

I think banning any kind of plant is stupid.

People don't overdose on kratom and die, though.

And poppy seeds are readily available in the store or online and YES, you can get high from them.

RIP Sasha.

Attached: drone.png (656x627, 70K)