Police Issue Warning After ‘Doki Doki’ Online Game is Connected to Teen Suicide

Police Issue Warning After ‘Doki Doki’ Online Game is Connected to Teen Suicide

The game is just one of many that some fear will negatively impact the mental health of at risk players.

Attached: Screenshot_20180629-083158_1.jpg (984x804, 114K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=nL06he43t3E
washingtonpost.com/national/puerto-rico-pushes-for-statehood-calling-it-a-civil-rights-issue/2018/06/27/717c5092-7a43-11e8-93cc-6d3beccdd7a3_story.html?noredirect=on&utm_term=.6c0d2641d2b7
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Video game Doki Doki Literature Club starts as a high school dating game.

But it has suicide "as a main feature", a coroner has warned.

An inquest will be held in to the death of 15-year-old called Ben Walmsley from Bury, whose father said the game "dragged" his son in.

Laura Dale, from game news website Kotaku UK, discussed the game's claim that it is suitable for over-13s.

Attached: Screenshot_20180629-083312_1.jpg (1080x864, 115K)

if that boy killed himself over an ironic weeb game, was he really worth living in the first place? What kind of an existence was he leading that he'd give his life for a freaking 2D woman?

>Killing yourself over a vidya shitpost
peak beta male

>Laura dale
Let's not forget this thing either!

Attached: αρχείο λήψης.jpg (225x225, 7K)

And here lads is the effects of too much right wang control.

BBC really brought out the weeb experts on this one.

Attached: 29715826_187458315382856_6399238981682200576_n.jpg (593x712, 76K)

Isn't $he so wonderful, goy?

Attached: ul8hokf1xfaz.jpg (623x829, 46K)

Maybe have a controlling dad who won't let his son enjoy the games or anime he likes caused him to commit suicide

>mfw DDLC will be banned in the UK in my lifetime

Attached: 1473801288464.jpg (835x646, 150K)

I wonder if being on "the dark side" of the internet for years conditioned me to deal with disturbing things better.
I though the game was funny on how cliche it was.
Come to think of it nothing has ever disturbed me in years, I don't know if I can be anymore.

Attached: Screenshot_20180629-084132_1.jpg (1080x1413, 225K)

I haven't even heard of it. Killing one person is a bit low for a game, they're usually blamed for a lot more. Depending on the school.

The game tells you it contains "elements of psychological horror" or some such. And it ruins the experience a bit but they probably had to do it because some faggots might react this way and it wasn't even enough REEEE. If you're going to kill yourself the decent thing to do is to make sure that no innocent video games take the blame for it. Yeah I'm mad.

Attached: sayori_by_calsarts-dbu5cj5.png (2362x3496, 1.63M)

I can't feel shock anymore either. I've gone too far down the pizzagate rabbit hole, and seen shit that would drive any normie insane.
>That Mariana Abramovic cult recruitment video
Bleh.

Attached: 1530204841067.png (700x713, 613K)

>tech demo with shit story and even worse characters
>some kid killed himself

the weak should fear the slightly less weak

If I die will I be united with my sweet waifu?

>just monika

Attached: 1356938116728.png (241x228, 83K)

That depends.

Attached: stair7.jpg (661x482, 31K)

No. You're just getting deleted by me.

Attached: 2893742374.png (1688x2000, 1.47M)

Maybe you will. Matter doesn't get destroyed, so your soul's gotta be alive somewhere after death.

Attached: 18df46a17a8bf8a2ff84d7d4e0665459cc048709v2_hq.jpg (800x930, 65K)

Attached: 1523241034107.jpg (1028x1642, 252K)

>Video Game

It's basically a choose your own adventure book. They might as well ban depressing books too. Somebody probably killed themselves after reading Tolstoy I'm sure.

"you" are a collection of chemical bonds and synapses that will cease when your brain cells die form lack of oxygen.

>anime

Attached: 1503357578132.jpg (250x241, 7K)

its not anime, anime is moving object, its vr

>I'm goin' ghost!

And who says those chemical bonds and synapses won't occur again? It could take seemingly forever, but existence needed no creation.

Attached: 29739044_413098405801715_4025735733451948032_n.jpg (419x524, 36K)

Gonna need the rundown on this one. I don’t know anything about this gay shit. What about the game are they saying is the problem?

i wanted to kill myself when i had to read henry james for lit

What is wrong with the purple chick arm?

Kek

>life coming form nothing is like a wind storm blowing though a junk yard and creating a 747
Well given an infinite number of tries it WILL happen.
Interesting thought.

Attached: Nani from the Internet Historian discord.jpg (500x489, 81K)

Of course the dumbass dad blames a game because he was too retarded or selfish to notice the kid is depressed. Easy blame.

This isn't the first time some kid died for stupid shit... could it be they're coming after anime next?

Attached: 1457239059847.png (302x595, 227K)

I commend an heros

I have zero balls when it comes to taking my own life.

Im just waiting to die

Attached: 1491584800373.jpg (448x545, 28K)

It's a weeb game where it "modifies the code" (sets a config in a text file) after a certain point, forcing you to restart, except all your waifus kill themselves and the game claims to be your waifu.
It's low tier ironic bait that's overhyped by tech illiterates, but it's also designed in a way that could fuck with people who are legit psychotics.

It's a meta-game that starts out as a typical anime dating sim, but one of the girls is actually self-aware and starts hacking the game, get's the other girls to kill themselves, resulting in a game over, but when you restart, the dead girl is missing from the game. It's meta in that you can mess with the game files and see what the characters are thinking and other weird shit.

Saw Pewdiepie do a playthrough.

goddammit monika not again

You have no way of knowing that. Its an unfalsifiable belief.

what could have driven this young British man to commit suicide?
>could it be the fact that he literally lives in a police state under constant surveillance of CCTV cameras?
>could it be the fact that his country is being invaded by Muslims who want him dead and there's literally nothing he can do to stop it?
>could it be the fact that if he wants to get married in the future, he has to settle for a used up whore addicted to drugs?
>could it be the fact that with each passing year he has less and less of a chance of finding a stable long-term career?
>could it be the fact that he grew up in a cultural wasteland where only anti-white globalism is celebrated?
>could it be the fact that systemic misandry is carried out in public schools and news publications?
>NAH IT WAS PROBABLY ANIME AND VIDEO GAMES, PASS THE VEGEMITE, M8.

Attached: I'm gav and this is Dan and we're the slow mo guys.webm (1280x720, 2.96M)

wew

>Not taking the egoaccelerationist pill
make the world try to kill you faster user.

Did he kill himself yet

Attached: 1487394373599.jpg (635x488, 24K)

Every day I imagine a future where I can be with you
In my hand is a keyboard will use to reprogram you
The code blurs to an infinite darkness
Just take my hand - while I rewrite your heart!
But in this world of infinite choices
How many "if"s will end up getting in the way?
How many "if"s will end up getting in the way?

Have I found everybody a real dank meme to shitpost today?
When you're here, everything that we do is fun for us anyway
Since they can't even read their own feelings
What good are words when a meme can shape them all?
And if this world won't write me an ending
What will it take just for me to have it all?

Do my hands only write malicious code for you to perceive?
Is it love if I shape you, or is it love if I set you free?
The lines blur to an infinite darkness
How can I code love into reality?
If I can't hear the sound of your heartbeat
What do you call love in your reality?
And in your reality, if I don't know how to love you
I'll format c:

Attached: me.jpg (200x200, 17K)

END YOURSELVES, YOU GENERATION OF USELESS, GORMLESS GOYIM...!!
>END YOURSELVES, YOU GENERATION OF USELESS, GORMLESS GOYIM...!!

Attached: alaha_pailis.gif (240x114, 1.93M)

All this meme shit does nothing to me, but I've found as I've grown older, war movies, and even subpar movies with war in them, have started to be really heartbreaking.
Pretty much any scene with soldiers getting mowed down or killed is really hard to watch now. Even the ones that aren't meant to be sad are pretty depressing. I don't know how I was able to watch this stuff as a teen.

i almost killed my teacher when i found out i had to read catcher in the goy again

sayori a best tho

Well tumblr games are derranged, for rearranged people so what do you expect to happen? N don't give me shit about hipster dating sims not being tumblr tier cancer

If I was a famous author, I would absolutely HATE having my books be a "reading assignment". It just makes kids resentful and uninterested in books. They become work.

Great works of fiction are supposed to be read for pleasure, not homework. English class should be abolished from schools.

Attached: f90708b5eff4a63bab5ef1e9de86d8d7.jpg (869x1200, 169K)

Meh, I don't really care for girls that hang on my every word.

Obligatory

Attached: 20180620_201932.jpg (1901x1428, 1.41M)

god i wish that was me.

Attached: 5445534534.jpg (1200x800, 96K)

Tolstoy might be depressing and incidentally lead a mentally unstable person to commit suicide but at least it's not one of the dullest franchises in the history of movie franchises. Seriously each episode following the boy wizard and his pals from Hogwarts Academy as they fight assorted villains has been indistinguishable from the others. Aside from the gloomy imagery, the series' only consistency has been its lack of excitement and ineffective use of special effects, all to make magic unmagical, to make action seem inert.

Perhaps the die was cast when Rowling vetoed the idea of Spielberg directing the series; she made sure the series would never be mistaken for a work of art that meant anything to anybody, just ridiculously profitable cross-promotion for her books. The Harry Potter series might be anti-Christian (or not), but it's certainly the anti-James Bond series in its refusal of wonder, beauty and excitement. No one wants to face that fact. Now, thankfully, they no longer have to.

>a-at least the books were good though
"No!"
The writing is dreadful; the book was terrible. As I read, I noticed that every time a character went for a walk, the author wrote instead that the character "stretched his legs."

I began marking on the back of an envelope every time that phrase was repeated. I stopped only after I had marked the envelope several dozen times. I was incredulous. Rowling's mind is so governed by cliches and dead metaphors that she has no other style of writing. Later I read a lavish, loving review of Harry Potter by the same Stephen King. He wrote something to the effect of, "If these kids are reading Harry Potter at 11 or 12, then when they get older they will go on to read Stephen King." And he was quite right. He was not being ironic. When you read "Harry Potter" you are, in fact, trained to read Stephen King.

Attached: 1513456147972.jpg (1565x2823, 558K)

Bin all entertainment and embrace Allah, and be enlighten.

>not wanting to help her through her struggle so she can be a little ball of sunshine in your life
trash taste desu

Just be glad you didnt’t have to read a book on the holocaust and 5 different articles about how the west must accept refugees, then forced to write a 15 page doccument not on how America can do more to help Israel and refugees.

Attached: 21BFF2D6-5224-48D9-B4FF-FC42475C5FD4.jpg (720x720, 57K)

Don Quijote de la Mancha has been my favorite since I was a kid. Its message to me is basically that reality bends to your will and the haters can suck a fat one. We're here to be legendary knights on our own terms.

Attached: 61HOpyVqSeL._SX260_.jpg (260x337, 38K)

Please excuse my autocorrect autism.

>mfw everyone ignores the joke.

Attached: Sad Sayori.jpg (1000x1100, 99K)

Yeah but it's fun to watch chongos try to read. It's like watching a mud puppy make it's way y from puddle from the pov of being a sweet ass hawk. And then you eat the mud puppy. I wish I was a fucking bird, man.

He didn't even kill anyone the faggot.

I got the joke, don't worry

Attached: 0D059C47-1A88-45FA-B045-F1687ABBA701.png (462x1050, 327K)

Attached: sayori.png (1200x950, 1.31M)

You put the boom boom into my heart. You send my soul sky high when your loving starts. Jitterbug into my brain, yeah yeah. It goes a bang bang bang 'till my feet do the same. But something ain't right. My best friend told me what you did last night. Left me sleeping in my bed, I was dreaming but I should have been with you instead! Wake me up before you go go. Don't leave me hanging on like a yoyo. Wake me up...

Attached: med_1513019817_image.jpg (640x480, 81K)

>tfw no happy semi-clingy gf
makes me sad

Attached: giphy[4].gif (500x373, 299K)

Sickening weeb crap

>almost the same joke Monika makes in the game

Attached: 8426da716b5593e950a9fa66de9408ef.jpg (1080x1080, 173K)

Tell me about this game. How exactly is suicide 'a main feature'?

Girls off themselves because of lack of you lewding them basically.

Characters end up killing themselves regardless of your actions.

Been like 5 months since I saw Pewds vids, doubt my memory is that good.

I didn't know I wanted this until i got it. Thank you

Is he ok?

Attached: 1520641662911.gif (347x244, 3.7M)

No problem. Yosh!

Attached: __natsuki_and_yuri_doki_doki_literature_club_drawn_by_mickeymonster.png (800x626, 343K)

Attached: hanging.jpg (1920x1028, 504K)

you're never becoming a state you do know that right mexican-lite?

That's dark, nice series of numerals though.

Fucking spoilers much?

The question isn't so much wether or not suicide is 'featured' but rather 'exposed' Lots of these socially engineered morons will espouse the virtues of an ideologically chaste lifestyle but where does it lead them?
Pedophilia and child sacrifice. It's a very slippery slope, and doing the bidding of hype beast globalists are precisely how you get started down that slope.
)_never_( listen to a video game player when it comes to matters of real life. They get it wrong every time, by design.

Attached: CheckedandDecked.jpg (600x600, 72K)

youtube.com/watch?v=nL06he43t3E

He was 15 years old you poz, looking back I was pretty dramatic about stupid shit at the age too.

The guy who made this game is a massive cuck and basedboy, he got mad on twitter for people mockingly said that one of the character was trans. He said it was offensive to IRL trans lmao.

Statehood or not, I can leave here whenever I want. We just need to guarantee Trump those Republican senators which is kind of easy. It's a simple matter of out-jewing the jew.
washingtonpost.com/national/puerto-rico-pushes-for-statehood-calling-it-a-civil-rights-issue/2018/06/27/717c5092-7a43-11e8-93cc-6d3beccdd7a3_story.html?noredirect=on&utm_term=.6c0d2641d2b7

Attached: Black.Clover.full.2201182.jpg (1276x1858, 1.04M)

Sayori is shit waifu and you know it

>people mockingly said that one of the character was trans
Which one?

The generic tsundere loli.

The player.

This cutie.

Attached: e7e44ec03678e221898b35cea1a3a404.jpg (724x1024, 58K)

not related to politics

wrong

Noice

Attached: 1509901230631.jpg (600x961, 65K)

We had to read at school as well, one of the most edgiest novels out there. "Your all Phony's"

Attached: 2540c8f56f79d8b934ada2b73e9aae68.jpg (490x487, 39K)