Anti-Chinese Protests in Vietnam

The Vietnamese Communist government seems to be sucking up to China with land leases, and the recent passing of an internet bill that may limit Vietnamese internet in a way similar to Chinese internet. This, along with already existing tensions over sea territories, is just broiling up tensions. Will anything come out of these new land leases + internet bill (put into place in 2019)? I honestly think Vietnam banning Google and Facebook like China could be enough to spark a giant outrage, at least in Saigon.

Attached: 8782b737-c798-4610-9bcb-115393151b46.jpg (622x415, 64K)

Other urls found in this thread:

techcrunch.com/2018/04/25/ford-to-stop-selling-every-car-in-north-america-but-the-mustang-and-focus-active/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

This combined with the recent PLA veterans protest could make for some comfy political unrest in East Asia this summer

Vietnamese people overthrowing their government + China having a military coup would be amazing.

BUMP SO MAYBE THIS SHIT BOARD CAN HAVE A THREAD ABOUT ACTUAL POLITICAL HAPPENINGS

Fuck China. chinks are subhuman insects.

Attached: 1527024836245.jpg (1242x1701, 1005K)

Isn't this good for vietnam? more business for everyone = more development for this country

Are you talking about the land lease acts being good for Vietnam? If so, no, it'll just make them economic bitches to China like Sri Lanka. Not to mention China's "economic zones" are known to be polluted suicide inducing hell holes. And giving China any sway over the government is already showing negative affects, like with the new internet bill.

>Isn't this good for vietnam?

Found the chink.

wont these port villages being land leased turn into mini 'hong kongs' with huge skyscrapers from all the chinese investment

lets not act like half the white virgins on Jow Forums wouldnt shout the same thing

There have been mass riots in the central part of Vietnam. My in-laws are genuinely worried about the possibility of civil war.

It would bring industries and business to the areas, but what those industries are, how much it will fuck the water ways, and if the Vietnamese would even benefit from them are the main concerns. It also carries the small possibility the Chinese could use it to station military equipment.

start digging

How are people in Saigon reacting to the internet bill? Or are they just ignorant about it and won't know before it falls in place? I'd think the modernized Saigonese would hate the thought of having the internet as censored and controlled as Chinese internet.

xd

dude living in saigon for 8years here:

yes people is fed up AF about it, there were riots and burnt governement offices and all kinds of crazy demonstrations but the government shut it diwn HARD. they also made sure to time this just a few days before the worldcup. 2weeks ago drama everywhere, and now everybody got distracted by the world cup.
Also, facebook got COMPLETLY capped and censored. for a few days all you could see on news feed on fb was group posts and shops, as everybody was sharing posts about demonstrations but all got censored. (facebook IS vietnam's everything)
it got pretty bad, but the government knows well how to keep the populace in check.
my long time euro expat assesment on this is: in asia, and vietnam specially is a country of traders, so "if it makes money it makes sense". Money for the ones above that is. the people enviroment etc, nobody up there cares.
its fucked :)
vietnamcould easily be japan level, the young people here truly is smart open minded and innovative. they just dont get a chance. sad...
but world cup is more important now it seems...
also everybody in the south is pretty scared.

Attached: 1530249611538-718363732.jpg (4128x2322, 3.57M)

i hope civil war breaks out and mixers get the first to be roped

also everybody in the south is pretty scared.

OOOOFFFFF WHAT????

oh poor boi.
you lonely right?

if thats all ill go back to my 10/10 asian doll. enjoy your sjw roasties, all yours

fuck, Jow Forums needs to keep this in the spotlight
can't let the (((commies))) shut it down

yes. people is reluctant to talk in public

Expat here as well,
I've heard that these riots are astro-turfed -- the rioters/protesers are hired by rich, powerful people with interests counter to the establishment.
No idea if this is true or not though.

i was just saying for america you insecure fag
hope you get roped for being a fag

no i dont think so. the disconnect between the people and government in the south is very big. people just had enough of it... but a bunch of beers and worldcup matters more. the officials know the people well :))

burgers :) never change my friend

I read that there is now McDonald's in Vietnam. How is it there?

Isn't Facebook just a tool to import (((liberal western values)))? Maybe it's a good thing if the gov't shifts the population towards nationalism.

Saigon's had McDonald's for a while now but hanoi just had one open a few months ago. It's pretty awesome.
Just a few years ago the only fast food in Hanoi was KFC and a Korean chain Lotteria. Now Hanoi has just about everything.
Still waiting on Subway and 7-11 though

>dislikes sjws, prefers traditional feminine woman
>supports Vietnam globalizing, importing (((western))) values
Am I reading this right?

The population is already fiercely nationalist.
The government wants control of social media to silence any criticism of their corruption, including their plan to lease huge plots of land to the Chinese, which runs counter to the nationalist sentiment here.

That's good to here SEAbro. I've never had Subway here and can't imagine having it here or in Vietnam because there are much better and cheaper dining options. Bahn mi > Subway

govt in Nam is not about productive nationalism at all, it's just corrupt as fuck, willing to sell to highest bidder. they want to control facebook to quash dissent and control the narrative to their own benefit, not to prevent liberalization.

yes there is, quite a few. kfc popeyes burger king texas chicken, subway and many more are here too.
its... meh. honestly, its a good quickfix but it still shitty mcdonalds lol. hard to compete against very delicious and very cheap vietnamese food.which by the way, for white people vietnamese diet is ideal diet to get fit. low carb high fat and protein diet with lots of veggies. and its tasty af.
in the west you gotta eat chicken n brocoli to get ripped, here you can just any traditional vietnamese food, same thing.

the world is more complex than that.
you talk from the limited perspective you have in the west.

>wanting vietnam to have nationalist takeover of commies and telling chinks to fuck off = liberal importation
fuck off

low carb my ass, hella rice and noodles in every meal. give me viet-mcdonald's any day

Out of all American only chains that I would choose to bring to foreign country, Subway is last on the list.

Vietnam's military needs to modernize, ASAP.

79' was a warning for them, they need equipment parity and vastly superior training

What is Texas chicken ?

I agree. If anything, viet food is high carb and low protein. Meat is like a condiment here. Plus once I started to pay attention to the lack of hygiene here, I've been totally turned off of Vietnamese street food/low price restaurant food.
I eat at fast-food/western-owned restaurants, or I cook at home myself.

just order double ration of protein my bruh, +15k vnd thats all.
best diet.
fck ur mcdonalds, burger :)
Do you need a euro to teach you how to homecook a proper burger?

Its only funny when male non-vets do it

Fuck off faggot
> muh real political discussions

Attached: image.jpg (767x737, 451K)

It's Church's Chicken. For some reason, it's called Texas Chicken out hurr

Attached: ZOGNations.jpg (1145x934, 408K)

commie chink rat

If China makes a run at them, they'll be vastly overpowered no matter how well equipped they are.
It'll be back to tunnels and bamboo traps for them.

Vietnamese people hate the chinks, I remember we had this Vietnamese exchange kid my senior year and he would talk about how "filthy" Chinese people "ate babies"

Nothing will happen. Some middle class sellout millenials will whine, but they'll be quickly dealt with by the Government if they don't STFU. Vietnam's economy needs good relations with China to survive.

Attached: lewd.png (678x471, 340K)

as far as fried chicken fast food goes its the best
but hard to compete against chilli battered korean fried chicken you can find here

Attached: download (1).jpg (348x145, 19K)

Who are the Mexicans of Vietnam? In Thailand, the Mexicans are mostly Burmese but the government allows them to register as foreign workers.

Attached: amexica.jpg (400x527, 49K)

Yeah when read like that it makes more sense. I can't say I'm too familiar with Vietnam and I'm definitely speaking from a Western perspective. If Vietnam doesn't have to be China's bitch to keep out the Jew, then the nationalists look a lot better.

Is Vietnam's government actually commie, or are they more nationalist like China's?

Ching Chong chink detected
> pie face
> subhuman
> day of rake coming

Attached: image.jpg (251x194, 39K)

Amazing. The Church's in my hometown just closed down because of stiff competition from other chains, yet they're opening new ones on the other side of the pacific.

I can already hear the hueys and sense the smell of gasoline boys.

Why are chink shills so obvious? Not as much experience as JIDF?

To my knowlege, the Vietnamese are the Mexicans of Vietnam

yes theur equipment its literal wartime trucks, shitty uniforms and like, not far from toy store plastic weapons. they know they wont be able to hold off a big riot. they simply dont have the numbers or tech. they are fully dependant on keeping the people distracted

sounds like ur a poorfag rationalizing your broke-ass street rice

Damn why'd you have to remind me?I was recently told that Ford will stop selling passengers cars in the U.S. except for trucks and the mustang. Breddy sad actually. You know how Downy only does fabric softeners in the U.S.? They have multiple different scents here and also detergents. It's like American companies are giving up stateside.

Cambodians

this.

Attached: B_PAT.jpg (634x845, 477K)

It's the reality of the situation, dumbass. The Vietnamese have nowhere else to turn but China. They're the big boss of Asia. You're also ignoring the fact that the Vietnamese Government and the vast majority of their people want good relations with the Chinese. You sound like a neocon MURICA WILL FIGHT shill.

Attached: YjMBtC1.jpg (664x561, 60K)

Not really commie but authoritarian corrupt shit that'll ignite on itself sooner or later, same with China.

Same problem here m8
You nam guys sound smart and based. Sorry about the war. I was a toddler at the time. Good luck and throw the bastards out!

That's good. Use domestic labor from the countryside instead of illegal immigrants who will most likely never leave especially when they are given legal status.

Yeah, countryside Vietnamese will work for dirt cheap and zero labour laws anyways. No benefit to importing foreign workforce.

they are nothing. its an oligarchy focused on making money for themselves. most urban and rural development is fully dependant on the smaller local officials which many of them are indeed good people. but the central government is 0 fucks. make money quick, people society and enviroment.. for what, its not quick money.

hanoians are the mexicans and nigguh nigguh of vietnam

Good, now limit the Internet of pinoys and indogs too so I don't have to be matched up with them in games.

Attached: 1529908083628m.jpg (724x1024, 82K)

>Vietnam needs to suck Chinese dick, look how happy the Chinese are!

Attached: chinkna so rich!.png (657x628, 337K)

Perhaps they are being pushed out by competitors? I'm in Texas, and we still have 3 other chicken shacks to pick from. They all offer better products than the Church's did. Competition might be more lax overseas. As for Ford, haven't heard of that.

That's part of why how it was able to get this big. Just like how Obama's loyalists able to give Trump so much shit. The previous PM's loyalists are abeiting this affair.

i cook more often than not tho, street food here, i go to 6 or 7 specific places that are clean (enough lol)
i just cant take all of that shitty fastfood, i rather drop money on ingredients and just cook by myself. i would never waste a penny getting some pasta here when i can cook it 10x times better at home

>pretty girl gets butthurt because she's experiencing rejection for the first ever
>nobody would have cared if she had been an ugly or fat girl
The world sucks because the people in it are complete fucking assholes.

i doubt the locals will be mad. you like many americans dont understand how the east views the rest of the world. google spies on every one as does facebook. they dont even do it for their own greed any more they do it because western governments ask them to. windows 10 isnt allowed in china because microsoft copies all data on your computer if you use windows 10. the west pretends china spies on them but its really the other way around. snowden even admitted as much

most of facebooks accounts were redundant ones for the sake of the illusion of a following for companies. facebook looked the other way so that their user base would appear to grow

good economic relations with china is more important than being some tard wasting all day on social media

techcrunch.com/2018/04/25/ford-to-stop-selling-every-car-in-north-america-but-the-mustang-and-focus-active/

Attached: 1525880738107.jpg (1111x263, 48K)

Are you really this dense? Happiness of the individual peasant worker ant doesn't matter. The whole of the colony is all that matters.

stupid chink, she got raped.

police was inciting violence, thats for sure.
but the general consensus was to make a pacific protest.i saw first person police in plain clothes infiltrating the people and inciting violence.

they even had to bring in troops from hanoi

Typical commie insect rat rhetoric. Not even trying to hide you're a chink shill anymore.

We'll sell you weapons and help you out against the Chinese menace viatnam bros we'll help a fellow dharmic nation any day

Yes, they should think like westerners, put their own good above all else. Sell their countries to the (((bankers))) for personal gain...

Neck yourself.

As opposed to selling the country to China? Fucking retarded shithead.

t. Globo-Homo NeoCon shill. Buy a new Chinese TV and drink some more corn syrup.

The eternal Xi never rests
I wish China could have some small ammount of Democracy like Hong Kong and not be a 1984 gulag black site dystopia but Xi Jinping won't allow it

Attached: 1530224132178.jpg (453x439, 85K)

deflecting chink shill

Being America's bitch hasn't given them anything. They're poor as shit despite being extremely resource-rich. Literally Africa tier.

The Ecozones were in the work for decades just when the special zones in China were becoming popular. These zones were supposed to have less redtapes, less taxes and business friendly regulation to propup Vietnam as a destination of manufacturing and service industries. Starting at this time is acutally quite late while the examples of Honkong, Macau, Shanghai, Dubai, Singapore have been sucking up all the invesments. Stupid protestors didn not know this. All they were thinking is selling off to Chinese while not considering other nationals can also invest in these zones.

Who could be behind this post

Attached: 1501861272136.jpg (600x450, 72K)

If they were there in person they would all be white knighting to save their future trad Asian waifu

Because of the incompetent, corrupt government that only has interests in sustaining itself.

Filthy chinks are starting to infiltrate this thread...

Attached: 1528260073557.jpg (848x960, 164K)

They don't let anything go to waste. Also notice how they aren't obese or trans? Much better than American youth.

Why is Vietnam blocking off the internet when the country now has a people elected congress as legislation body (even if the executive is still the old guards)?

The real reason you're angry is because you know westerns will never to this loyal to their countries.

Democracy is shit.

>says the meme flagging faggot

Attached: 1499948261119.png (620x926, 94K)

LOL you actually got and to just admit they're chink shills. Chinks are so stupid.

Reminder that the majority of these "protesters" are astro-turf CIA niggers. China is Vietnam's strongest ally against Western degeneracy and imperialism.

Is sink the chink user still around

He's probably having a fun time at these protests IRL