Third Council of Nicaea

So the Catholic and the Orthodox Churches are going to meet in Nicaea in 2025. Could they actually heal the Schism?

Attached: 10372181_10152223497033382_3977625278738897952_n.jpg (629x616, 91K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/MzrVCdtJ1WQ
orthodoxwiki.org/Filioque
youtube.com/watch?v=LNO29Q4ppXk&t=
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comma_Johanneum
youtu.be/L5HY22JBzDU
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I hope Cuck Francis dies before then so he won't fuck everything up.

>going to meet in Nicaea in 2025
Funny how they just penciled that into their doomsday itinerary.

Attached: All seeing eye.jpg (1191x670, 266K)

I will leave the Orthodox Church if they start having communion together. Good thing is they won't.

Francis not being an Ultramonatist (and who has undermined Ultramonatism masterfully both by breaking the soft political power of the Vatican and agreeing to China's lay investiture proposal) is the only chance of it being successful, the Orthodox will never accept "The Gregorian Papacy" nor should they.

The Bishop of Rome needs to become a bishop like any other, maybe 1st among equals but no longer "The Pope".

What do you make of the deference the Church Fathers show to Rome?

Cucked heretics practicicing idolatory can do what they want. God will smitre their soul to hell for their sins.

One day people will realize that the abrahamitic religions are the evil in this world.

You'll be the first to be hanged in the Great Crusade, fucking traitor.

Stalin trained at a Jesuit Seminary, also his Cardinal bro who ran his Siberian gulags

>fire saled the Orthodox Church to Rome
>allowed Jesuit mission publically in the early years of his rule
>murdered off the Patriarch, slaughtered priests who refused to bend the knee to Rome
>Rome adopts the Eastern Rites to assimilate Orthodox Church

Jesuit is the only ranking member in that pic OP

Attached: 1522978079220.jpg (1014x782, 100K)

Sounds like the bishop of Rome was the executor for the ecumenical council. The muscle if you will. Look up the eviction of Bishop Paul San Masada of Antioch, Bishop of Rome was clearly just doing as he was told but using unique powers.

Attached: 1307970306943s.jpg (191x251, 6K)

If Francis presided over it, it would be a disaster

Good Lord, I pray this does not befall your church.

I've never actually laid eyes on an Orthodox Church, but it appears you guys actually believe that Jesus Christ died for your sins and rose again. Thank you. At least one crazy independent baptist is glad you're in the family. I know the ritual stuff isn't necessary, but the absolute lack of it in various other denominations seems to have been an overreaction.

Attached: image.jpg (1526x1076, 404K)

The only way to heal the schism is to disavow and excommunicate pope faggot and all his followers from the church.

Besides, the Eastern Orthodox bishops already agreed to reunite with the Catholic Church at the Council of Florence, only to be rejected by the mobs of Constantinople and Russia. It's not as if the modern-day mobs of East Slavic Europe would be accepting of reunion either

If you have an issue with the office of Pope, complain to Jesus Christ and not to us

Isn't the Orthodox Church pretty much the Russian state church nowadays? I don't think any serious effort will take up simply because Putin wouldn't like losing that valuable of an asset.

>Caesaropapism was most notorious in the Tsardom of Russia when Ivan IV the Terrible assumed the title Czar in 1547 and subordinated the Russian Orthodox Church to the state. This level of caesaropapism far exceeded that of the Byzantine Empire. Caesaropapism in Russia was taken to a new level in 1721, when Peter the Great abolished the patriarchate and formally made the church a department of his government formally known as the beginning of the Russian Empire.

Basically the same nowadays except the control of the Russian state over the Russian Orthodox Church is less overt.

The Ortodox church is divided amongst ethnic lines, Russian Orthodox church dosen't dominate as each country has there own Patriarch and traditions

Wages are sin. Follow the the most high for eternal neetbux.

Attached: highjesus.gif (589x800, 162K)

Can we invite Islam and begin the ultimate cleansing of filth from the planet? We can debate our differences in a civil fashion once we purge the globe of degeneracy.

Attached: keep-calm-and-hang-gays[1].png (600x700, 412K)

Also the their system broke down, serbia, russia get national churches countries many dont USA orthodox church, UK, AUS Brazil etc

Attached: 1313573764888.jpg (604x451, 61K)

false. All Orthodox countries have their own Patriarchs, who in turn listen to the Patriarch of Constantinople. Nevertheless, each country has its own traditions, its own individual Church etc. The Russians wish they could dominate EE via their Patriarch, but they really can't, especially given the fact that most Orthodox Churches over here were almost completely destroyed by the Soviets, who advocated for an Atheist regime (and used the Church only to further control the people). This last part has made the majority of the Orthodox population to completely despise the Russians - and if you look at the statistics, the russophobe camp is quite large over here.

First of all the Israelites were hot guy Nordic White guys.

They fucking better.

Attached: But thats mine.png (255x255, 55K)

I would advise both to not overdo it with their ecumenism

Attached: Met Nikodemus.jpg (558x283, 124K)

nah thank you, I'd rather have my church exactly as it is, we don't need the Catholic degeneracy to spread among our people. Plus, the Orthodox completely reject the power of the Pope and his authority, which means that a union could only be made possible if the Pope decides to step down completely and abolish his titles and power. After all, the Orthodox are all about traditionalism and the preservation of the original status quo, prior to the Catholics inventing new dogma just for the lulz.

y no orthodox church of USA??? only greek, russian etc in USA

I am?

t. fedora larper

It's time to restore christianity to constantinople.

We have the Catholic church

Maybe we'll get lucky and ISIS will suicide bomb them.

> I know the ritual stuff isn't necessary, but the absolute lack of it in various other denominations seems to have been an overreaction.

This is why I have trouble cementing myself into a denomination. I'm a lebanese catholic, I've always loved the catholic aesthestic and saw it as the crowning achievement of European spirituality. However, when I actually read the Bible and listen to the words of Jesus, the enormous glory of the catholic and orthodox traditions seem completely opposite of the life Jesus lived. At the same time, protestants dressed in flannel and jeans singing country music in a large auditorium is an absolute disgrace and disrespect of our Lord. So on one hand, catholics and orthodox respect God with their traditions, but protestant ideology fits the character of Christ more. IMO, christians should be meeting in caves or small temples mildly decorated with Biblical artwork, with emphasis on scripture and respect equally

By 2025 the only schism worth worrying about will be the giant chasm in the earth spitting flames and engulfing the vatican's faggot pedo cult with death by immolation

Attached: 051.jpg (1920x1080, 575K)

I don't trust either of them

Attached: 050.jpg (1920x1080, 464K)

>Could they actually heal the Schism?
wew

Thats what Catholics do. We follow scripture and congregate on subdays on churches which are sometimes decorated fully and sometimes aren't.
Read the bible, you need to be born again of water and spirit, baptism, and St. Peter was given the keys to heaven by Jesus himself and so were his successors.
Christianity without rites is bloodless. Christianity without The Pope is up to interpretation by anyone abd thus you get 100000 variations of protestants.
Submit yourself to the word of God and honor him by baptising and attending his church.

>Could they heal the schism?
You mean are the Catholics going to drag Perhaps to hell with them.

Fucking phone.

>That's what Catholics do, we follow scripture
KEK

Attached: catho1.jpg (750x1046, 129K)

Is that real or ... I sometimes just dont know anymore

Can't make this shit up

Attached: 1528950320869.png (601x601, 251K)

Oke it is , follow the pope on twitter and you wont go to hell......

Attached: Screenshot_11.png (1416x968, 439K)

>I've never actually laid eyes on an Orthodox Church, but it appears you guys actually believe that Jesus Christ died for your sins and rose again. Thank you. At least one crazy independent baptist is glad you're in the family.
You're an idiot. You only think they're okay because they're not Catholic and maybe because they have the word "Orthodox" in their name, which makes positive associations with Orthodox Jews and Zionism for you.

Orthodox believe that you are a heretic. They believe that Christians must submit to the hierarchical authority structures of the Church. They believe that the bread and wine is wholly transformed in its essence into the body and blood of Jesus Christ. They confess their sins to a priest who gives them absolution. They believe baptism is necessary for someone to become a Christian. They practice infant baptism, infant confirmation, and infant communion. They do not have their services in the vernacular language but in old liturgical languages, like Koine Greek and Church Slavonic. Their services are ritual and prescribed.

They do not believe in penal substitution. They do not believe in sola fide or sola scriptura. Again, they think you are heretics.

You're a fucking idiot who knows nothing about the Orthodox and vaguely likes them because they are exotic and you know nothing about them. Compared to you, Orthodox and Catholics are 99% more similar in doctrine and practice to each other than they are to you.

Enjoy hell, heretic.

He who digs the hole to hell for someone else , will fall in him self.

Christians declaring hell on other Christians in the era of preteen drag queens and LGBT demon spawn is so depressing. Even if they practice unnecessary rituals, they still meet the requisite requirement of faith in Christ for salvation.

Indulgences are stupid and evil.

A priesthood that cannot marry is absurd.

Ritual for the sake of itself is a form of idolatry.

Liturgical languages are to keep the lay people uneducated and is in line with the teachings of the Nicolatians.

Jesus is Lord, there are brothers and sisters among Catholics, Orthodox and Protestants, but the structures of these that are made by men are corrupt and are not the Church as the Bible describes it.

>Orthodox believe that you are a heretic. They believe that Christians must submit to the hierarchical authority structures of the Church. They believe that the bread and wine is wholly transformed in its essence into the body and blood of Jesus Christ. They confess their sins to a priest who gives them absolution. They believe baptism is necessary for someone to become a Christian. They practice infant baptism, infant confirmation, and infant communion. They do not have their services in the vernacular language but in old liturgical languages, like Koine Greek and Church Slavonic. Their services are ritual and prescribed.

Its funny that they think Jesus cares about all that . Well they look like pharisees so they act like it ?

9 And he spake this parable unto certain which trusted in themselves that they were righteous, and despised others:

10 Two men went up into the temple to pray; the one a Pharisee, and the other a publican.

11 The Pharisee stood and prayed thus with himself, God, I thank thee, that I am not as other men are, extortioners, unjust, adulterers, or even as this publican.

12 I fast twice in the week, I give tithes of all that I possess.

13 And the publican, standing afar off, would not lift up so much as his eyes unto heaven, but smote upon his breast, saying, God be merciful to me a sinner.

14 I tell you, this man went down to his house justified rather than the other: for every one that exalteth himself shall be abased; and he that humbleth himself shall be exalted.

No, that would mean tolerating the heresies of the filioque and papal infallibility.

Nonono. I'm a profane in Church business, but concept of Papa's Infallibility and all that latin's liberties to dogmas look pretty suspiciously.

Isn't that from the Book of Mormon?
I am not gonna judge him, God will. But unrepentant heretics will go to hell. I hope he gets the chance to repent in purgatory.
>Even if they practice unnecessary rituals
With "independent baptists" it's the lack of practice of necessary rituals that concerns me about their eternal security.
>Liturgical languages are to keep the lay people uneducated and is in line with the teachings of the Nicolatians.
Yeah that's why the Hebrews did it.
Puritans and their descendants (evangelicals, baptists) are the Christian Pharisees, not Catholics. I am ethnically a WASP.

Nah, they're going to disband the Librarius and declare psychic powers illegal.

Magnus will be pissed off.

This will never happen, certainly not in Russia. Orthodox saints have always despised Catholics.

The only way to heal the Schism is to end the practice of having popes.

We believe in one God,
the Father almighty,
maker of heaven and earth,
of all things visible and invisible.

And in one Lord Jesus Christ,
the only Son of God,
begotten from the Father before all ages,
God from God,
Light from Light,
true God from true God,
begotten, not made;
of the same essence as the Father.
Through him all things were made.
For us and for our salvation
he came down from heaven;
he became incarnate by the Holy Spirit and the virgin Mary,
and was made human.
He was crucified for us under Pontius Pilate;
he suffered and was buried.
The third day he rose again, according to the Scriptures.
He ascended to heaven
and is seated at the right hand of the Father.
He will come again with glory
to judge the living and the dead.
His kingdom will never end.

And we believe in the Holy Spirit,
the Lord, the giver of life.
He proceeds from the Father and the Son,
and with the Father and the Son is worshiped and glorified.
He spoke through the prophets.
We believe in one holy catholic and apostolic church.
We affirm one baptism for the forgiveness of sins.
We look forward to the resurrection of the dead,
and to life in the world to come. Amen.

Attached: A 1.png (621x535, 20K)

We cannot by our best works merit pardon of sin or eternal life at the hand of God, by reason of the great disproportion that is between them and the glory to come, and the infinite distance that is between us and God, whom by them we can neither profit nor satisfy for the debt of our former sins; but when we have done all we can, we have done but our duty, and are unprofitable servants; and because as they are good they proceed from his Spirit, and as they are wrought by us they are defiled and mixed with so much weakness and imperfection, that they cannot endure the severity of God's punishment.

Attached: A 2.png (621x535, 20K)

The Lord Jesus Christ is the Head of the church, in whom, by the appointment of the Father, all power for the calling, institution, order or government of the church, is invested in a supreme and sovereign manner; neither can the Pope of Rome in any sense be head thereof, but is that antichrist, that man of sin, and son of perdition, that exalteth himself in the church against Christ, and all that is called God; whom the Lord shall destroy with the brightness of his coming.

Attached: A 3.png (621x535, 20K)

Yes. Rome's "Pope" is just a Patriarch that falls in a sin of pride.

Attached: 1514641461129.png (980x1160, 1.11M)

You do not follow scripture, but traditions of man. Yahweh originally intended for His people to be a "kingdom of priests." Not putting up other men higher than ourselves and calling them holier than us.

>Isn't that from the Book of Mormon?

Its actually from the bible
Proverbs 26:27
>King James Bible
>Whoso diggeth a pit shall fall therein: and he that rolleth a stone, it will return upon him.

there IS an OCA (orthodox church of america) but they don’t really have any political power and there are still a lot of churches with national ties in the east

>Puritans and their descendants (evangelicals, baptists) are the Christian Pharisees, not Catholics. I am ethnically a WASP.

Ah you are switching it around again and say that rituals , are more important like the pharisee in the parable , in effect making you the pharisee

BASED PASTOR ANDERSON EXPOSES BOTH FALSE DENOMINATIONS

youtu.be/MzrVCdtJ1WQ

Ah its you again leading these fine folk to the gates of hell with pastor heretic

Over where? Who gives a fuck about Romania? Aren't you some sort of gypsies?

Rude.

That's funny, dont recognize you at all. Do you have any actual argument against his preaching, or are you just the tolkien JIDF/satanic agent aiming to cast doubt like the serpent

Well, this is Jow Forums, not reddit. No need to be a faggot.

Attached: eclipse33.png (1920x1080, 312K)

This webpage offers an excellent summary of the Orthodox arguments regarding the Filioque:

orthodoxwiki.org/Filioque

Attached: 4218919508_9cac8cc07b.jpg (415x500, 192K)

He talks about vain traditions in the video , but blindly accept the roman catholic tradition of sunday worship . The trinity . All not in the word of God ... He is a hypocrit

>We follow scripture
Good Joke

this

>doesnt believe in the Trinity

Wew lad. You kikes oust yourselves fast.

As long as the papacy remains

Attached: R7dzs.png (408x362, 32K)

Major redpill coming through for all the protties ITT
youtube.com/watch?v=LNO29Q4ppXk&t=

>That's funny, dont recognize you at all

Duh ....name fag

Wew lad this picture proves it

I havent engaged with anyone from Netherlands recently. Youre a kike larping as a Christian. You dont believe in the trinity.

It never does.

I hope not. Catholics are nigger-worshiping faggots.

Wew lad, do i need to derail this whole thread to teach you the trinity? No need to cast my pearls before swine if you're JIDF in the first place, but here you go in case you're just doctrinally unsound. Proof of the Trinity:

Mark 1

9And it came to pass in those days, that Jesus came from Nazareth of Galilee, and was baptized of John in Jordan.
10And straightway coming up out of the water, he saw the heavens opened, and the Spirit like a dove descending upon him:
11And there came a voice from heaven, saying, Thou art my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.
12And immediately the spirit driveth him into the wilderness.

Trinity is tradition of the catholics , did you have your council with 300 bishops ? the protestants copied all tradition of the catholics ,

>Trinity is tradition of the catholics

Kikes oust themselves quick

>2025
who gives a shit
humanity could be extinct by then

How does this proof the trinity ? the 3 persons . so we are to belief that jesus got possesed by a person called the holyghost , every christian is possesed by a person the holy spirit , rather then Gods power

Ok Zbishek, you can return to suck calvin's dead dick now, and dont forget to be a good goy and give your pastor your sheckles.

What

1 John 5:7
For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.

>Kikes oust themselves quick

You cannot even debunk that .. the trinity became doctrine after 300 bishops voted for it under the order of constantine 400 years after Christ. then everybody not believing in trinity got murdered

The trinity wasnt the result of a vote, it is written in the Bible, which should be your final authority.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comma_Johanneum

What is a edit not found before 1500 in any text

imagine my shock, a krokodil infested rape baby resorts to insults because he literally doesn't have any arguments to counter me with. Go back to your commie block Ivan and make sure to pray to your meme Patriarch for a bag of goodies.

Its not written in the bible that is your interpretations because you have not thought of a other solution

>What is a edit not found before 1500 in any text

Any text?

Luke 12
10And whosoever shall speak a word against the Son of man, it shall be forgiven him: but unto him that blasphemeth against the Holy Ghost it shall not be forgiven.

not in the bible not in the church fathers text . not mentioned against arianism . i mean if you are going to make a case for the trinity , john 5:7 is the bible verse what would prove it . Its not used because its a edit in later text

Ah I see. You're just subverted by the lie that God did not preserve His Word and for hundreds of years the "real" Bible was buried. No hard feelings

youtu.be/L5HY22JBzDU