Give me one good reason why the US shouldn't have compulsory voting

Give me one good reason why the US shouldn't have compulsory voting.

Attached: Cartoon_Mandatory_Voting_Emily_Howard.jpg (1972x1334, 322K)

Because minorities would always win

Free country implies freedom to choose not to do something.

There are apolitical people who don't care and don't look into politics whatsoever. We already have uninformed people voting, I don't want even the unimpassioned voting.

Because it means voter ID laws so illegals literally couldn't vote
Go fucking ahead desu

>wanting more niggers to vote
kys

Voters should have to pass some sort of test before getting the right to vote, similar to getting a driver's license.

IT WOULD FUCK EVERYTHING UP FOR ONE DAY

most people shouldn't be voting in the first place

why dont you worry about your own country cunt

Refusal to vote is a freedom. Why do you hate freedom?

voting age should be 25

Only shitholes do that

More women would vote.

A system of government that relies on "people" (((voting))) is an inversion of how it should be.

Attached: 1527806983692.jpg (768x960, 117K)

I dunno I just don't think a leader should be decided from an election with only a 58% turnout rate.
You're right the refusal to vote is a freedom, but potentially not living under a regime voted in by an extremely passionate minority is a greater freedom.
Besides it takes like 10 minutes it's really not that big a deal.

You don't seem to understand the difference between rights and privileges. Look at me, I don't need to pass anything when I legally buy firearms in the parking lot from private citizens.

/thread

Agreed, 21 at the bare minimum.

But that is stupid. Why should someone be able to sign up for the armed forces at 18, with no ability to vote who is going to be in office, and who may very well be sending them to war.

Like paying taxes

Voting should not be age based.

>Pay taxes
>Single nationality
>Land owner
>Not childless

To prove that you have a stake in the country.

But why?
Surely the youth should have a say in how their society is run? They're the ones who are going to be living in it longer than anyone. And if you're legally allowed to fight and die for your country you ought to be allowed the right to have a say in how it's run.
In fact I'd say that if we're going to limit the voting age in any way we should be creating an upper limit. Who gives a shit what Agnes thinks about the state of politics? She's 92 years old, still thinks the Japs are the enemy and has no reason to vote for anything that doesn't directly benefit her in the next few years because she'll be dead after then.

The US shouldn't have voting period. We are too dumb and too fat. The worst of us just want to vote to take from the rest anyway. Democracy, even of the Republic variety, is a failing system.

The only way I can see voting being worth it is to make it so only land owning individuals that have a positive economic impact and are over 30 years of age are allowed to vote and only certain matters. The bill of rights can take care of the rest.

Conscription should be completely abolished at once. An all volunteer army is superior. 18 year olds that join should be allowed to vote, exceptions like this can be made.

Imo 20 should be voting age, with mandatory 2 year minimum mandatory military service. If we're going to have the 2nd amendment, fine. I agree with it. However, education is never a bad thing and using those 2 years to also complete the first 2 years of college (basically a mandatory ROTC program) would be even better. Raise the minimum of education and the minimum of physical standards, as well as teaching everyone how to shoot. We wouldn't need to spend ass loads on a military, we could put that into funding for better purposes. My 2 cents anyway.

Because voluntary (((democracy)))) is bad enough already.

Attached: 1474388189349.png (1378x568, 804K)

If a person won't put in the effort to go and vote then they sure as hell won't put in the effort to make an informed one.

Voting a shit, I want monarchy, or better yet, I want to be the monarch.

Only academics and learned people should be allowed to vote imo.

Voting should be restricted to White Males only - those who create society get to mold it

Because it has to be nuked. Move American Jews, Silicon Valley and Hollywood to the Europe and nuke the rest of the USA because they're as useless as niggers.

Democracy is a spook

Don't you have to wait until you're 21 to buy alcohol in your cucked country?

Children are stupid.

Yes. That's exactly the same thing.

But 18 year olds are adults.

What have you personally done to create society?

Western society was created through Individualism, we have no need for tribalists like yourself.

Not until we abolish women's suffrage at the least

>voting is real

you can't seriously believe this

Attached: 1529097687357.jpg (640x1079, 76K)

democracy is evil. it is primalistic. it's a primal evil and needs to die!

Because fuck you, that's why.

Because some people do not believe in democracy or do not care.

We have enough people that vote based on a whim or what they saw on TV a few days before. Don't encourage it.

The less idiots and uninformed politically clueless people voting the better

Democracy doesn't work. The majority is usually wrong. Only when brilliant individuals take the reigns of destiny does real progress happen.

Because if I choose not to vote then that's my decision. Why do brits, aussies, canadians, and sheepfuckers like being bossed around so much?

The people that vote now are largely uneducated for what they're voting for. The people that don't vote are even more so, and often more stupid and less moral. We need to restrict voting rights and have less voters of higher quality, not more voters of less quality.

I'd prefer only landowners vote

>Surely the youth should have a say in how their society is run?
Why? They're crap at choosing music and fashion. What would make them not crap at choosing governments?

The vast majority are not. Out of interest, how old are you?
t. 30 y/o boomer

Most people should not vote. I'm for the instatement of universal English literacy tests before allowing the public to vote. If you cannot read beyond a high school level, your vote doesn't count.

They had those. They were deemed racist.

In that same vein most people over 25 aren't adults either.
But I'm 22.

Sorry kid, opinion discarded. You'll understand when you're older.

21 year old law is yet another thing caused by boomers. They lowered the age down to 18 for a while. So for high schoolers back in the 80's it literally became a hobby to drive around town drinking "cruisin" or go out on a dirt road and go "backroading". And to top it off the cops rarely enforced the law, instead dumping the booze and telling them go home/get out of town.
Well a whole bunch of them died from car accidents and the mothers chimped out, instead of blaming themselves for being bad mothers and their kids for being shitheads they blamed the drinking age

18 year olds aren't necessarily mature enough to drink but it seems a bit sad that your college kids have to sneak around like naughty children when they want to have a few beers.

>pls reinforce my fragile belief in the validity of democracy :^(

kys faget voting doesn't do anything

In college towns they typically are pretty lax. as long as you stay on private property. But it reverses every once in a while if some retard boomer becomes sheriff who is on a big power trip.
But then it kills events like football attendance and commerce in general and the sheriff is told to fuck off.

Compulsory voting only benefits the elite as most people are sheep.
Let the sheep stay home and bitch about whatever they want to bitch about.
At least most of the people voting actually care to follow the topics, even if they're only getting their info from the Kikes.

You stupid faggot. We only have it because once you get a certin amount of votes, wether you win or not, you get paid for those votes