Mormonism thread

Are you pro mormonism or anti mormonism ?

Im pro mormonism and thinking of converting soon as its very traditional, the religion resinates with me and its a good place to find a loyal girl who will raise children and look after the home.

Attached: MORMONISM EXPOSED.jpg (916x1093, 163K)

Other urls found in this thread:

fairmormon.org/answers/Question:_Does_Lucy_Mack_Smith's_mention_of_the_"faculty_of_Abrac"_and_"magic_circles"_evidence_that_"magick"_played_a_strong_role_in_the_Smith_family's_early_life?
youtube.com/watch?v=J-BAIWfX1As
youtube.com/watch?v=2Ws0GIKIoIY
youtube.com/watch?v=N3cJ7MMciGg
utlm.org/navtopicalindex.htm
utlm.org/navonlineresources.htm
youtube.com/watch?v=ag7R3Y9GjLY
youtube.com/user/exmormonfiles
youtube.com/watch?v=sxhT0S04AJ8
zelphontheshelf.com/95-questions/
youtube.com/user/Newnamenoah/videos?sort=p&view=0&flow=grid
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Mormonism claims to be Christian but is incompatible with Christianity.

It claims to be historical but it is a silly farce. There's no more depressing job than a mormon archaeologist.

If you want to be traditionalist, just crack open a bible. If you want to join a traditionalist cult, attend a catholic church. At least they won't tell your family and friends to cut contact with you when you ditch it in a few years for being too nutty.

You should definitely stick with a religion that resinates.

Thumbsup.jpg

Attached: mormonism1.jpg (570x446, 70K)

Yes. I am sappy about religion, too.

Attached: mormonism-fun-fact1.jpg (570x427, 48K)

Attached: mormonism-fun-fact2.jpg (800x661, 88K)

Attached: mormonism-fun-fact3.jpg (1500x1363, 525K)

This is why women are constantly pestering the mormon church to be admitted to the priesthood, they know it will work.

The mormon God always seems to cave to societal pressure.

>____ exposed!
>bunch of Illuminati bullshit

if you're white and if you're cool with the mandatory tithing why not? it's no less silly on the face than any other religion. even their whole "we was space kings with planets and shit" isn't that wacky compared to other religions. the only problem I can see is that there is little room for advancement in the church for converts.

Putting that square and compass on the underwear. Five points of fellowship across the temple veil. Throw on the ritual apron with the wife. The first token of the Aaronic Priesthood. Now we're gonna die and become gods. Not Luciferian no sir.

That's a new one. LOL

BTFO

Attached: download (4).gif (640x515, 63K)

What do you think? This man designed the weapons that saved your worthless Constitutional Monarchy from the Nazis.

Attached: John Browning.jpg (1200x1079, 214K)

fairmormon.org/answers/Question:_Does_Lucy_Mack_Smith's_mention_of_the_"faculty_of_Abrac"_and_"magic_circles"_evidence_that_"magick"_played_a_strong_role_in_the_Smith_family's_early_life?

No the Smiths were good reputable people not workers of talismanic magic. Why would they know what the Faculty of Abrac was? They wouldn't.

Anti

REMEMBER: ALL CHRISTIAN VARIANTS ARE JEWISH IN NATURE, AND EVEN JEWS DON'T BELIEVE IN GOD.

THAT'S REALLY IMPORTANT FOR YOU CHRISTBOIS TO UNDERSTAND. JEWS DON'T THINK GOD EXISTS, THEY BELIEVE IN "EMANATIONS" AND "ATTRIBUTES" OF THE DIVINE, MEANING LITERALLY ALL CHRISTIAN/FREEMASONIC GROUPS ARE FOLLOWING JEWS WHO DON'T BELIEVE IN GOD.

Joe Smiths 33 degree mason medallion which was passed on to Brigham Young is on displayed at The Daughters of the Pioneers museum 2nd floor. The museum is across the street SE corner of the Utah capitol.

Arianisn is Judaism

>arguing the logistics and legitimacy of religion
when you get the joke you might kill yourself and that's awesome.

youtube.com/watch?v=J-BAIWfX1As

Attached: TheWivesOfBrighamYoung.jpg (1181x1600, 448K)

Why even do this

Smith bought a real ancient Egyptian scroll and claimed to divinely translate it back before we understood hieroglyphics.

We now have both the scroll and the translation, and we do understand hieroglyphics. Guess what?

>None of the characters on the papyrus fragments mentioned Abraham’s name or any of the events recorded in the book of Abraham. Mormon and non-Mormon Egyptologists agree that the characters on the fragments do not match the translation given in the book of Abraham, though there is not unanimity, even among non-Mormon scholars, about the proper interpretation of the vignettes on these fragments.27 Scholars have identified the papyrus fragments as parts of standard funerary texts that were deposited with mummified bodies.

Literally from LDS.org, I shit you not.

LDS are nothing but up front about the holes in their doctrine and history.

Nah, only when its indisputable, especially when it comes to archaeology, native American ancestry, and the Book of Abraham.

There's truckloads of additional lies, especially doctrinal ones, that they persist in.

Pause for a sec, Mormonbro. Why do you believe? If Jesus Christ made it clear that Smith was a liar, would you reject Smith and follow Jesus?

...Mormons aren't allowed to be Freemasons

Shall I tell you the law of God in regard to the African race? If the white man who belongs to the chosen seed mixes
his blood with the seed of Cain, the penalty, under the law of God, is death on the spot. This will always be so.
Journal of Discourses, vol. 10, p. 110 Brigham Young
Now they say Brigham meant the ban on the seed of Cain was temporary.

I'm not Mormon or LDS, but I know enough about LDS to know they don't like being called Mormons. They don't like the image it gives them and they assert that they are Christian first which is why they prefer Latter-Day Saints.

Imagine Scientologists for a moment. How many Scientologists do you think legitimately believe in Lord Xenu? Hard to say, but the fact of the matter is that the religion has rooted itself into families. Whether it's true or not doesn't matter to them it's not only tradition but if they are named a subversive person their family shuns them.

Mormonism and LDS are not nearly that extreme. They're usually pretty cool when you challenge them on the nonsense. They just take it in stride and consider it a matter of faith, family, and tradition. Catholics and assorted protestants are almost never that cool about being challenged theologically.

Underrated.

Attached: hobbit_vapes.jpg (259x194, 10K)

>implying we have gone to the moon

I dunno. I'm Mormon and this shit baffles me.

Needless to say the CES letter woke me and I mainly larp to keep the peace and familial relations. My wife is smokin hot and 3 kids, so the Mormon route worked out in a darwinistic genetic success sort of way.

I could probably manage having another wife if it were legal and if my wife were to ever allow it (not on her watch). Frankly whats the point of Mormonism now if once you've found a beauty and made 3 kids you can't legally do it again with another beauty.

At any rate, all religions are founded by scam artists.

I've met a lot of Mormons who are afraid to leave the church because they'll lose a lot of connections. Have you ever encountered anyone like that?

When I was a kid, the Latter Day Saints commercials were voiced over by a little kid, and typically ended with them saying something like, "brought to you by the Church of Latter Day Saints [pause] the Mormons!"

For example:
youtube.com/watch?v=2Ws0GIKIoIY

Not really, but I don't socialize much with other Mormons outside my own family so I don't personally know other larpers. Its a bit of a personal subject.

There are probably many in my same sentiment. Mind you, the church has made generally a better person. If I were to change religions I don't know where I'd go. I'd investigate Taoism, those Buddhists are the happiest people on the planet when they're not dousing themselves in petrol and becoming a calm flambe out of political protest.

Jesus is real, though. If you believe or believed in him, you will have eternal life
>I don't want your money

Buddhism is a whole different ballgame, especially coming from a Western religion. The concept of the eternal soul? Forget about it. We exist on a wheel and it's our duty to escape the wheel.

Regular Protestantism seems like something you could enjoy then

What do you mormons think of this man and his philosophy?

Attached: best pres.jpg (1200x1431, 262K)

South Park and youtube made them reconsider their image while proselytizing. Declaring a charlatan as a prophet and accepting his name as a title probably doesn't do wonders when converting people outside of, say, Utah.

Tf? China?

Taiwan, my friend.

2 Nephi 10:3
>Wherefore, as I said unto you, it must needs be expedient that Christ—for in the last night the angel spake unto me that this should be his name—should come among the Jews, among those who are the more wicked part of the world; and they shall crucify him—for thus it behooveth our God, and there is none other nation on earth that would crucify their God.

A decent Mormon could join any church and be a fine member. The personal level of standards sought after are pretty high, which unfortunately lead to side effects like depression and low self worth due to comparison with other Mormons in their social circles. Comparisitis is a chronic problem in the west. Not just a mormon thing, "Keeping up with the Joneses" mentality.

The older I get the more grace matters. Despite being a "heretic", I believe in Jesus Christ and personally believe his teachings have been misappropriated into schemes.

mormonism is cucked as all christcuck dominations are

Oh, make sense.

2 Nephi 1: 7-8
>Wherefore, this land (America) is consecrated unto him whom he shall bring. And if it so be that they shall serve him according to the commandments which he hath given, it shall be a land of liberty unto them; wherefore, they shall never be brought down into captivity; if so, it shall be because of iniquity; for if iniquity shall abound cursed shall be the land for their sakes, but unto the righteous it shall be blessed forever.

>And behold, it is wisdom that this land should be kept as yet from the knowledge of other nations; for behold, many nations would overrun the land, that there would be no place for an inheritance.

You know as well as I do that all of those "passages" are complete fabrications

like the entire bible

Alma 43:47
>And again, the Lord has said that: Ye shall defend your families even unto bloodshed. Therefore for this cause were the Nephites contending with the Lamanites, to defend themselves, and their families, and their lands, their country, and their rights, and their religion.

Gnostic christian faith learns jews are the servants of yahweh/satan and degeneracy leads to spiritual death how is that cucked?

Bible
>divinely inspired, based heavily in a multitude of traditions

Book of Mormon
>compiled by a con man with an overactive imagination

because a lot of people who don't know any better think that mormonism is just another sect of christianity. i want to disabuse them of this notion.

gnostic christianity is a minority of a minority

the entire concept of the judeo-christian god leads people to embrace slave morality, rather than ascension. Caring more about prostrating yourself to bronze age myths than taking what you want from the real world.

they are weirder than you guess.
also they are going gay at lightspeed.

>Bible
>Written by conmen and the mentally ill, completely inconsistent

>Book of Mormon
>same

Mormon here, OP. Can confirm all of us with Mormon pioneer roots are mostly English. There are also plenty of QT blonde good girls. I don't believe in God, but I still like the religion for the most part.

Attached: joseph-smith-mormon.jpg (594x800, 71K)

>>Bible
>>Written by conmen and the mentally ill, completely inconsistent
More like a collection of meaningful stories desu. Check out your JP's analyses of Genesis 1:1-4 and Jesus.

youtube.com/watch?v=N3cJ7MMciGg

Listen to these Arrogant and prideful words of smith. Remember GOD hates pride.

Proverbs 16:5 (KJV) Every one that is proud in heart is an abomination to the Lord: though hand join in hand, he shall not be unpunished.

"Come on! ye prosecutors! ye false swearers! All hell, boil over! Ye burning mountains, roll down your lava! for I will come out on top at last. I have more to boast of than ever any man had. I am the only man that has ever been able to keep a whole church together since the days of Adam. A large majority of the whole have stood by me. Neither Paul, John, Peter, nor Jesus ever did it. I boast that no man ever did such a work as I. The followers of Jesus ran away from Him; but the Latter-day Saints never ran away from me yet...When they can get rid of me, the devil will also go." (History of the Church, Vol. 6, p. 408, 409) Joseph Smith

The Bible is all you need

For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast. For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.
Ephesians 2:8-10 (KJV)

utlm.org/navtopicalindex.htm

utlm.org/navonlineresources.htm

youtube.com/watch?v=ag7R3Y9GjLY

youtube.com/user/exmormonfiles
youtube.com/watch?v=sxhT0S04AJ8

Attached: False Profit.jpg (482x5621, 1.94M)

Then good for you brah, I think I agree with everything you said. Mormons are wonderful people; it makes me sad to see them tormented by legalism. Gods grace really is free.

Do they actually believe this?
If you were just ok you live on the moon and Jesus will pop in occasionally
But if you were a good boy you get to live on the sun and chill with God?
But if you were a prick you get cast into space?

So... China?

yes, they actually believe this.

Everything you all ate saying matters little in the face of true faith, the noises you make as you type your little keyboard warrior statements may as well be the jabbering of babboons and monkeys. Have you any of you with a soft heart and a true contrite spirit prayed in earnest to heavenly father to show you the truth of things via the gift of the holy ghost which all men may have mormon or non mormon alike? I tell you none you have felt the holy fire that can burn uppn a man’s breast when the spirit is witnessing unto him the truth of God’s only church on earth and the quickening of his cognitory faculties as The Father blesses you with knowledge that is meant only you for you via the gift of personal revelation. People who have experienced this, this is what keeps them in the LDS church, the gift of the holy ghost comforts the faithfull among the saints is like nothing else on this earth.

Attached: F83D6BB6-056D-48C0-A77A-A8E812D519A7.jpg (208x200, 10K)

Aside from Grace, a stoic philosophy has really kept me present.

The problem with humanity is the fear of death is so great we become neurotic over time.

Stoicism embraces the reality of your death on a daily basis.

Stoicism is very underrated and hopefully a stoic philosophy re-surges so people take personal inventory of their degeneracy and make themselves ready to pass from what ever it is this bizarre mortal period is.

The mormon plan of salvation is interesting, but having our minds wiped from the pre-existence for a short 80 yr test culminating in an eternal state with upper bounds on 2 of the lesser degrees of heaven seems a bit gimmicky but God works in ways a mortal can't entirely comprehend.

Mind you the 3 levels of "heaven" are not living on the moon or sun, they're symbolic of the "light" or presence of God's glory you'd be able to personally withstand.

Basically this, but having felt this a number of times makes me question this as a biological response created in our brains. Much like pillow talk may turn your lady into a hot mess, religion and scripture seems to do the same thing to human who is open to it's suggestions.

Humans are too emotionally driven. A STEM career has helped me keep tabs on emotions/feelings vs logic and reasoning.

People would say they feel the spirit when they smoke DMT.

Now you're just being a dick.

>Im pro mormonism and thinking of converting soon as its very traditional, the religion resinates with me and its a good place to find a loyal girl who will raise children and look after the home.

But the religion is fucking retarded

>Stoicism embraces the reality of your death on a daily basis.

I'd buy you a beer.

Aren't all religions fucking retarded?

be honest.

Doesn't mean they don't have some sort of mechanism built in to make people productive and happy.

You know what's retarded?
Ferris Wheels but people have been riding them forever.

Let me ask you, if I tell you that I have prayed that prayer and God told me that the Book of Mormon is definitely not true, would you accept that result? Or would you tell me that I must not have prayed the prayer correctly?

If you will only accept one outcome of a test, it is not a test at all. That would mean you are only looking for confirmation of a decision you have already made.

If I continue to perform the test over and over and over until I get the desired outcome and I continue to reject the other outcomes, then I fully expect I will eventually beat my brain into submission to accept the outcome I desire.

But obviously that proves nothing except the malleability of my own brain.

Not today satan

If you have a small business, it's good for networking. There's a lot of "Shop there, the family is LDS" going on; reminds me of how things used to be in the 50's and 60's w/groups like the Chamber of Commerce and non-religious fraternal orgnizations.

Also, the whole seriousness of the cult depends on where you live. My SIL comes from a Mormon family in Idahoot; I'm sure 5-6 generations ago they were real-deal polygamist type LDS. But her grandfather owned a tavern and her mother won a decent state lotto prize like ten years ago. Mind you, they still go to temple; it's just that they live in a Mormon area where the enthusiasm just isn't what it used to be.

If you are in the trades and an incel, your local LDS church might be something to consider. Some definite quality babes out there...

Could you interprete the video?

Says you're a heretic, bub. Repent and accept Christ as the Son of God, your lord and savior.

Attached: D571F4C3-5010-48EC-948F-F5BC88E15C39.jpg (249x380, 21K)

The darkest dungeon is the state of your own soul.

Don't forget to bring plenty of torches and food.

>Accept Christ as the Son of God, your lord and savior.

This is not an issue with Mormons.

how very typical for a "Brit" to desire to join a rebellion.

Attached: King_Charles_II_by_John_Michael_Wright_or_studio (1).jpg (2400x3060, 1.48M)

Attached: brigham.png (861x674, 861K)

What if I tell you that heavenly father is an extremely advanced being and his way of communicating with us is not a simple conversation that last a few minutes, sometimes it lasts a whole lifetime the question is do you have the faith to commit to the conversation, maybe the book of mormon is not true in terms of human academics and history who knows but it doesnt mean that God cannot use this text to ellicit truth within us for whatever questions that may trouble us because what matters is your commitment of faith to him our Father in heaven and keeping that communication with him constant and alive, if the scriptures does that who cares about where they come from?

there is only one true God.

I grew up 4 hours away from Salt Lake City, the town I grew up in had a sizeable Mormon population. I think it was about 25% Mormon. There were multiple LDS churches.

Mormons themselves are usually nice people. They're either really devout people, or they're "Jack Mormons". Mormons in name only. If its the former they're either nice conservative people, or they're arrogant self-righteous pricks. In high school, the strict ones would never curse. We'd always poke fun at them for using replacement words. The Jack Mormons were usually kept in the church by their parents or they stopped going and would act like degenerates on the weekends.

The beliefs of the Mormon Church are strange. Don't believe what the Mormon Church says about Joseph Smith and early church history. They'll do anything to weasel their way out of their past.

On the subject of polygamy, I know an ex-Mormon whose ancestor made the trip to the Salt Lake Valley and had seven wives. The church will dismiss polygamy as an outdated practice that God decided wasn't okay anymore, even though Joseph Smith claimed God said it was a moral imperative to take many wives.

On the subject of race, there's one story that illustrates the Old Mormon doctrine on it. As you approach Salt Lake City on I-80 East and you've made it past the Salt Flats there's an exit for a place in Tooele County called Iosepa. The story goes that there were Mormon Missionaries who went to some Pacific Islands like Tahiti or Hawaii. They made converts who wanted to be closer to the Temple. When they came back they were forbidden from living in the city and were forced to live away from the City. They called the town Iosepa, their lingual equivalent of Joseph. Now the church ignores this and has decided they're colorblind as of 1978.

Mormonism was the ultimate scam. Joseph Smith baited people and baited them into this nonsense. Their followers continue to degenerate as the Church Elders keep getting revelations from God differing from original church doctrine. Their children either ditch it or take the bait. You aren't a true Mormon if you don't go on your mission.

When the creators of South Park mock it they laugh. Point out why they're full of shit like Jon Krakauer did (read Under the Banner of Heaven) and they'll scorn you.

Mormonism is bullshit disguised as piety.

Sure, but your simpleton rebuttal doesn't describe the nature of the one true God?

The differences in Mormons to others, is Mormons seek a living relationship with God, and is not content just taking the pastors word for it and see you next Easter or Christmas.

Your comment is neither productive nor enlightening.

You know, I've got to hand it to self-proclaimed prophets such as Smith and Muhammad. They knew fundamentally that humans are dumb animals to be controlled and exploited through fear and superstition. I can respect that, and somewhat envy their success in gaining money, power, and sex by fooling the gullible masses that they are a messenger from God. Both are true geniuses whom I take daily inspiration from in my business endeavors.

Attached: 8045345567634.jpg (286x382, 20K)

If you have to go with a religion it's probably the best one. 99% of mormons I've seen are very well adjusted and positive people with big families. And they love the constitution and guns as a bonus.

Tiny catholic and tiny protestant spirituality can't compete.

Lying for the lord....

Next.

Not a secret dipshit

Pre manifesto Mormonism is the only true christianity.

>"well I guess I was wrong wasnt I"
Joseph F Smith

I'll start by saying mormons are the best people I've ever met in all my years on this planet.

But their religion is demonstrably false and a cult. Clearly created by a young con man for sex and money. It molds some damn fine people but the evidence for it being a cult and against the veracity and validity of the religion and its teachings is overwhelming:

zelphontheshelf.com/95-questions/
youtube.com/user/Newnamenoah/videos?sort=p&view=0&flow=grid

Attached: mexico will pay.jpg (463x768, 55K)

Please, you lot follow a bastardized trinity and beliefs brought to you by your "prophet". You claim strict adherence to the Word of God but really you simply are deceived.

Forget not Matthew 24:11, heretic. Open your eyes.

Attached: 30811EA2-8181-44C6-B860-38D6AE7ECDDA.jpg (265x259, 22K)

Spoken like a Catholic with a Jesuit Pederast Pope.

Please user, from which high mountain top of piety does your authority derive from to call others Heretic?

What a joke Catholics have become. The only "Christian" which is truly veneered paganism that uses the word "heretic" anymore.

What ever makes you feel good I suppose.

Yes OP, only the path of resin will take you to enlightenment.

Satan needs some more firewood in Hell and the Mormon church is his greatest supplier. OP seems like a blasphemous asshole who belongs in Hell with Joseph Smith (may piss be upon him) so by all means sign up for the firewood in Hell tour

Attached: IMG_0226.jpg (273x300, 32K)

>very traditional
LOL

If you thought feminism was built on a false illusion of solidarity, wait until the Mormon Church's day of reckoning, those fuckers will be literally eating each other