TRU closes today across the US

Does anyone actually have good memories of it growing up?

Attached: cya tru.png (1253x1357, 336K)

No. The only time I went there was to buy pokemon yellow. They only had pokemon red and blue so fuck that place.

Wew, this really makes me want a Monster energy drink. Where'd the time go?

No. It's a fucking store. That's not where memories come from.

Memories come from backyards, from standing at the edge of a pond. From losing track of time high up in the tree house, retreating under the dining room table fort when it rained. Wouldn't have mattered where the toys came from or what they were. That's what memories are.

They have stolen our culture and replaced it with media and consumerism. Nostalgia now lies in name brands and copyrighted characters. Resist, brothers.

Attached: 1473451689878.jpg (680x510, 81K)

I only have three memories of Toys'R'Us
1. A really quite nice evening in 98 when I played a demo version of Ecco on a Dreamcast.
2. My poor and criminal friend taking me to the store to look at Pokemon cards, and then him stealing a shit load of boosters while he urged me to stand in front of him to hide from the cameras (we never got caught - he also introduced me to smoking, the bastard)
3. Going there last week to catch up one memories, and seeing, with adult eyes, how incredibly shitty it actually was

When I was young use to go there to check out their RC toys, Stopped in last Christmas and it was nothing more than a overpriced Walmart

I worked 2 Christmas seasons there as a second job.
It solidified my hatred for commercialized Christmas.
Helped solidify my hatred of humans in general.

>Does anyone actually have good memories of it growing up?
The store itself and the products were the same as most other places, but I always got that shitty zebra-stripe gum with the shitty temporary tattoos on the wrappers when I wen there. Miss that stuff

my dad bought me a nintendo color with pokemon blue for christmas. my first video game system and game.

I LOVED the place as a kid

I spent my very first allowance buying 2 packs of team rocket Pokémon cards.

I remember back in the 90s I would get cool new transformer toys from them.

My Toys R Us had Yu-Gi-Oh! tournaments every weekend.

Where I live, the only people employed there were sassy/angry latinas.

As a kid, I loved going on trips to the toy store, but that all changed after I bought a gameboy there.

The place had dreadful, miserable, hispanic vibes. I thought to myself, "hey man, I'm just a kid. I'm not equipped to deal with advanced third world problems and poor brown people who have a thinly veiled contempt for me.

Used to bike to TRU with friends and play the free soul caliber 2 demo for like an hour then buy a pack of magic cards and leave

I do. In the 90's it was like Las Vegas for kids; all the videogames, all the toys, etc. Every time my dad would drive by one he'd tell this joke:
>did you hear Toys'R'Us got bought up by a black company?
>they're changing the name to, "we'be'toys'n'shit"

Attached: 6195-1.jpg (1728x1227, 605K)

they supported planned parenthood? that's like a BBQ joint supporting PETA.

My parents bought me and my brother a Sega Genesis from Toys R Us in 1993. One of the highlights of my childhood for sure.

Goodnight, sweet prince.

Your dad sounds based.

Pokemon Gold fir me. Damn it has been a while

Got my gameboy there, played on the drive home and had to vomit the moment i stepped out of the car. Two girls i knew were laughing at me.

My dad took me there when I was 7 out of the blue and bought me a pink unicorn. I was very happy.

Attached: IMG_0465.png (680x464, 409K)

t. king boomer

Never went there as I grew up in poverty. Went plenty of times as an adult to donate stuffed animals to children's hospitals and my wife likes dolls.

Attached: JPEG_20180615_111151.jpg (3264x1836, 1.47M)

I met my wife at a party. A week later she came into the Toy's R Us that I was a 18 year old cashier in to get my phone number.

We got married four years later.

When I was a kid my mom would buy me Atari and Nintendo games from there weekly too.

So, yes, I've got some good memories from that place.

Attached: feet.jpg (595x611, 156K)

I loved going there when I was a little kid. have barely any memories fit anymore

I barely even went though

I liked the video game section with the flappers that stood in for the video games.

Attached: IMG_20180629_102950.jpg (620x350, 57K)

Oh hell yeah Tommy Lasorda baseball

Very heartwarming. Keyword: Atari
Sadly I don't think this kind of thing is possible anymore. Thanks for sauce

this but unironically

holy shit they charged that much for video games??

yup. even more in some cases depending on the game. I remember a new copy of harvest moon 64 was around $80 iirc.

I have a few good memories. My family bought Zelda II there. I remember taking the slip to the counter and being so excited. On one of my birthdays I was extremely sick and my mom brought home a Toys R Us bag with a new Gameboy and Pokémon Red in it.

Bad memory: Yu-Gi-Oh! Tournament there. I was runner up out of like 30 people, but at the end someone stole my deck and ran away with it

bet i can guess the race of the kid who stole your deck

I got a few fucked up ones

>part time employee at TRU in college
>decrepit goblina approaches coworker
>"wheres te batrum plis"
>coworker points her in the direction of the restroom
>10 minutes later I feel a tap on my shoulder
>"excuse me, where iz batrum plis"
>I walk her to the restroom
>I go audit bay inventory for the remainder of my shift
>store closes at 10 so coworkers and I run quick sweep of store before locking up
>coworker finds said goblina in an obscure part of the storeroom squatting over a box mid pinch
>"so sody, rilly sody" while giggling
>wtfs ensue
>we let her finish up and take the box of shit with her

Attached: 2x7M_I1J8Z8q9o4hbNatILd738gwsqx5HDMh1m3gEyo.jpg (750x736, 145K)

yeah, the commercial's jingle, the colored panels outside, looking at all the toys
i don't want to grow up because if i did i wouldn't be a toy's r us kid....

didn't know they gave money to planned parenthood, that seems kinda dumb considering

S

>No. It's a fucking store. That's not where memories come from.

fuck you some of my best memories as a child were being dropped off in the computer/electronics aisles at Price Club as a kid while Mom and the rest of the family went shopping
your post sounds like some old timey boomer cliche

Attached: 1530284844043.png (657x527, 118K)

what the fuck? she was walked to and shown where the bathroom is, yet you caught her shitting in a box in the store somewhere? am i understanding this right?

Ok this is epic

No. I’m glad that funding place is dead. They’ve bankrupted all of the locally owned toy stores.

There was a toy store owned by a nice old man in my town where my mom would take me about once every week. He even gave me a free 100 card deck of Pokémon cards since I was his favorite customer. Then, a TRU moved in and about a year later, that place went bankrupt

All (((owners))) of these large corporations need to be strung up and hanged.

It was a treat to go. Birthday money or really good grades so maybe a couple or three times a year. I remember my great aunt sending me a bill every birthday and one year telling my dad not to make me save it but to get something id enjoy so he took me there and it was like a shopping spree. I remember it well enough to recall the giraffe named geoffrey.

Anyway, right in the feels.

Looking through the annual xmas catalog was cool. So much china made shit. Going there was always brutal with screaming kids and aisles of garbage. I bought a nes game there once. The take-a-ticket system they had was a real pain and the morons pulling the game got it wrong twice.

mfw old enough to remember all the nifty mom and pop toy stores going out of business because of places like toys-r-us.

I'm with ya. Comfy times were made not bought.

Super Mario Bros. 2 was $65 when it came out here.
Zelda was $70.
I remember paying $50 for an Atari game back in the day. Can't remember which one.
Gotta laugh when bitches complain about the costs of games today and it's no different than it was 40 years ago.

I bought pokemon yellow there too. I pre ordered it because I wasn't a pleb and you actually needed to pre order back then. Tough luck kiddo.

People don't realize the prices of games I stay at a stable $60 for almost 20 years. Remember during the N64 days I was always mad at the PlayStation games costing about $20 less and never exceeding $40

also dont forget that toys 4 cucks fired brought over h1b pajeets, forced whites to train the pajeets under threat of getting fired, and then fired the whites anyway and sent the jobs overseas when the h1b thing expired

Attached: toys 4 cucks.png (664x99, 13K)

goblina sharts in the mart

they're assimilating

You read that right my friend. Smelled like death. Imagine Gruntilda from banjo kazooie but uglier.

I have a similar memory when I was in the midwest. There was an electronics/figurine shop I would go to where I was also given pkmn booster packs every now and then for coming often to play their display snes & N64.

The owners were ex military like my parents so they let me stay there after school until I could be picked up, they closed as soon as a TRU was announced for construction in the 90s and that was the end of that small shop.

Anyway, Charles ((((Lazarus))) died in March, after TRU announced liquidation sales so I guess there's that.

Attached: charles-lazarus.jpg (2500x1875, 369K)

As a child it was the first big toy store I ever visited.

It was like walking into...heaven.

reminder jews did this.

Attached: Screenshot from 2018-06-30 01-30-36.png (721x91, 16K)

Pops took me there to buy me an N64 and Mortal Kombat for my birthday one year. I think I was about 9 or 10

I remember buying Legos and Erector sets there. So yes.

>Be white man owning a toy store
>Be extremely successful for decades in the 20th century
>Eventually retire and hand business to a fucking Jew
>Said Jew has the store profit for a few years, then fucks up everything so badly

When they were selling shit like this, good riddance.

Attached: C084BE26-5735-4C59-A2D3-EB88733B4434.jpg (4032x3024, 3.27M)

Mine did too. Fun times.

I got Crystal from Toys R Us. To think that was 17 years ago...god damn.

Attached: 1527908285533.jpg (500x370, 50K)

In Australia TRU set up shop in the late 90s and everyone thought that Mr Toys Toyworld(the largest toy store chain in the country) would fold within years.
Mr Toys is still up and running twenty years later, the internet has probably fucked them in the long run but they're holding on for now. Same with Borders Bookstore, they showed up and set out to take over the industry and they're long gone now.

We need it back!

Attached: dak.jpg (480x360, 30K)

I agree

it's time to start going after executives

>how incredibly shitty it actually was

That store is but a shell of a shell of it's former self. I remember it being stock-full of toys. Now it's 75% baby strollers 28% baby formula and 4% vidya consoles.

If the percentages don't add up, its because they were put together by nigger employees at Toy's R Us.

Memories of buying gi joe action figures and other brands they sold there, good times actually. My parents would take us there every two months and we could get one toy. Other than that the store started to go down the shiter around 2005 I would say (at least locally) you couldn't find much there and there where aisles that where basically dead (bunch of peg warming shit) with only the Lego/Barbie aisle having movement because not even the tech zone had that much movement, I literally found a boxed copy of wow burning crusade there in 2015.

>All (((owners))) of these large corporations need to be strung up and hanged.
>it's time to start going after executives

no one is forced to buy the stuff, I wonder where the buy at the cheapest price mentality comes from.

No. I was a kid at the height of ToysRUs and still never went there. What's the point of making a special trip to a toy store when they have toy departments in department stores and KB toy stores in the mall?

>KB toy stores
Sometimes I forget about KB Toys, those actually felt like a toy store.

Oh, yes! Countless times I'd buy some vidya back in the 1990's and early 2000's as well as some Lego sets, Transformers, and whatever toy I wanted or didn't know I wanted after I got good grades in school.
Gonna miss that store, truth be told. 'Tis a sad day for those of us who remember the happy place that TRU was.

Attached: Screen Shot 2018-06-20 at 8.41.03 PM.png (630x350, 270K)

KB was nice, but the selection was a bit lacking. It was good for the Beyblade craze of the early 2000's as they had whatever was out of stock in TRU.

KB was good for Star Wars toys too when people gave a shit about the movies

KB toys was comfier, never went to Toys R Us much. Toys R Us felt too industrial, like a warehouse.

Attached: 180320121037-kb-toys-store-780x439.jpg (780x439, 79K)

Wish my dad was around to tell him that one.

Toys r us:
>Got a swing set in 1981
>First Nintendo in 1986
>Most of my games before the late 90s

Attached: sorceressc2_1280_1024_full.jpg.cf.jpg (500x400, 47K)

you forgot your monster drink

KB over here had the action figures you couldn't find in TRU, mostly cause the manager of my local TRU was an anti-gun fag that brought in very little military themed stuff (like gijoes and stuff like that)

Attached: 1E194582-73FE-4533-A3BA-7445F1E9EB13.png (600x461, 618K)

Are...is that a bot?
Such an oddly built post, it doesn't read like an actual person wrote it

>some of my best memories are when my parents left me alone because they didn't want to deal with me

F
A
G

Yeah and you forgot to pay reparations to Germany for fucking the war up and ruining the world for the past 70+ years. Pierogi nigger ingrate.

I unironically completely agree with you.

I read that in his voice

no, mom got me legos from a toys r us in inglewood and niggers had taken all the good pieces out. fuck this boomer toy mart, glad it died.

Attached: boomer_drink_collection.jpg (383x353, 50K)

omg this.

I dont know about your location but mine was managed by 4 bitchy old ladies that acted like they were part of the SS. There were like 6 regular employees, 2-3 young women on registers, 1 normal looking adult mail in media, 1 greasy weeb kid in media, and one middle aged man who never spoke and looked like a pedophile. worst 3 months. never again.

tons of pokemon cards. tons and tons. horribly overpriced though, i just went to walmart for toys usually

I think im old enough to actually remember when they were a good toy store. I remember getting my first bike. Riding it up and down the aisle to make sure it was ok. Or waiting to get your favorite new video game. When you actually took the ticket out of the pouch and took it up front and waited for them to bring it up. I also remember getting my first all wood real hockey stick. not only did they have my shooting side but the signature series of my fav player and its team color.

thats not toys r us, thats just retail in general. i began to hate my own race working at a local grocery store. i was like, why didnt you fucks shop the days before thanksgiving? who shops DURING thanksgiving? i guess half the town did

mechanic dad always refereed to ABS as aint be stoppin brakes

From what I read, the downfall was not due to ToysRUs or Amazon.

Most Americans step inside WalMart or Target at some point during the week/month. Both WalMart and Target have multiple aisles devoted to toys, modern toy selection, bicycles, video games... just easier to buy toys there since the consumer is already there.

no but fuck Mitt Romney just the same

>>did you hear Toys'R'Us got bought up by a black company?
>>they're changing the name to, "we'be'toys'n'shit"

sounds like the one where my dad would point to you, point to your knee, make the getting bigger hand motions, because you're a negro get it?

Don’t know in the states but that store was ridiculously expensive here. You could find cheaper toys on KB Toys, before it also died.

>All (((owners))) of these large corporations need to be strung up and hanged.
toys r us is owned by Mitt Romney go get him

The water gun aisle, nerf gun aiale, and LEGO aisle were the shit.

Shit, even original NES games were $50 for the AAA ones, for games that were made by like 5 people. When you consider inflation and the massive dev staff that goes into modern games they are an insane bargain.

Attached: 8BD4546C-8010-42F3-9E2F-29EAF546826D.jpg (800x451, 104K)

yes, grandma spoiled us as kids on Christmas. in order to give her our Christmas wish lists, my parents would take us to toys r us. we'd walk down every aisle telling them what we want Santa to bring us. this was the late 80s, early 90s. i will always be a little sad the place died, but when i went in there for my own kids i was shocked at how dirty it was. literally layers of dust on toys. good riddance, they fucked up.

>Bain capital
Isn’t that Mitt Romney’s company?

it was expensive here also, Mitt Romney's bain capital moved in and ruined the business, they were charging twice retail on weekdays just to make payments so basically everybody stopped going there when they figured out Target was a cheaper spot

yes, Mitt Romney killed toys r us because he needed more wives

Yea growing up I got alot more figures from places like Target or Meijer. TRU has them but usually has shit for selection.

And when it came down to Xmas shopping the variety of items went to more populated stores. It gets really shitty trying to explain someone that they dont keep things stocked, they dont have any in the back, and they really do have no idea what they will get on their next shipment. Oh and of course you cant let them know any of that before trying to suggest them in another item.

Mitt Romney is a crypto Jew

Seems short sighted, where will the wives buy toys for the kids?

fuck off with these stupid toys r us threads. no one gives a shit